• Published 3rd Nov 2022
  • 126 Views, 0 Comments

Danger in the Dust - AizakkuHorooee



Lightning Dust gets a letter in the mail about a rental chariot she used to move to Ponyville, not only delaying her welcome-to-Ponyville party, but also ends up landing Discord in hot water. It's up to Aita and those involved to fix this.

  • ...
 0
 126

Chapter II

As I approach town hall again, I look around for Lightning Dust. When I see the tracks left by the rental in the grass, and the stump left by the “for sale” sign, I conclude that’s Lightning Dust’s yard, so I approach house that occupies the yard and knock on the front door.

I hear hoofsteps from inside before the door opens.

“Aita? What are you doing back so soon?”

“When I got home and told my friends about you, they were pretty interested in welcoming you.”

Lightning Dust is a bit flattered. “Really?”

“Well, yeah. The Hearth’s Warming party was my welcome party. I hear yours will have a stunt theme to it.”

“Well sign me up. What do you think I should perform?”

“I don’t think it really matters, Lightning Dust. Whatever you think is the most impressive should be enough.”

“Aw, you’re no fun. There’s a whole slew of stunts I could do. With a recording of twenty on the anemometer, anything is possible.”

“Well, if you needed the space, I could gather everypony around and move the party to the park.”

“That won’t be necessary, Aita. I can do stunts in the middle of Ponyville. What’s the danger if we’re out on the clouds above?”

I start thinking. Maybe just in front of Sugar Cube Corner could work. She is right about clouds bearing no hazard to Ponyville. “I think we can agree. We’ll keep the destination, and also have it outside.”

“Sounds great! See you at the show, alright kid?”

I nod at Lightning Dust and fly off.


On my way back to Sugar Cube Corner, I end up bumping into another pony. Recovering, I see a pegasus stallion with Rainbow Dash’s coat, but with a greyed mane and tail and a flight helmet for a cutie mark.

“You alright there, kid?” he asks.

“I guess so. You came out of nowhere… wait. Cyan coat, aged hair, flight helmet… are you the former legend himself?”

“Wow… very observant. And yes…” Wind Rider holds out his wing, but I just shake it with magic. “So, anything going on today?”

“Uh… not really,” I lie. “Last time anything significant happened was nicknames getting abolished at WBHQ.”

This fact surprises Wind Rider. “What really? Forgive me not following ‘bolt news since I was kicked out… and you were part of that?”

“...I was on a mission by the tree of harmony. I was actually the only one called.”

“Huh, I never knew such a young minor could make it big on his own. Well, I was invited to Sugar Cube Corner just about ten minutes ago, but I might have to delay my arrival.”

“Um okay. See you later?” I look as Wind Rider continues on his way. Then I turn back to the way to Sugar Cube Corner. “Well that was weird. I better talk to Twilight…”

I run to my destination and find Apple Bloom building an obstacle course with Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Trace Light.

Trace Light is the first to notice and run to me.

“Aita! Are we glad to see you! What do you think? Does this scream Cutie Mark Crusaders Coursemaker or what?”

I take a closer look at the obstacle course, and see hoops towering and facing completely random directions, flagpoles everywhere as well. Lightning Dust, let alone any pegasus, would have a very hard time getting through. “Um, I’m sure it does, but where’s the finish hoop?”

“That’s the point!” Apple Bloom chimes in, approaching me now. “Trace Light decided to make it a sandbox obstacle course! Hoops and flags every which way! Lightning Dust is surely gonna have a lot of fun!”

“And besides, nopony is more dangerous than her!” adds Scootaloo.

Sweetie Belle looks around once she notices the other three have come to me. “...Um, are you girls gonna help? Hoops are hard to float!”

I watch as Trace Light, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo come back to help Sweetie Belle finish setting up the sandbox obstacle course. “While you’re setting that up, I gotta talk to Twilight.”

Heading inside Sugar Cube Corner, I see Twilight hanging out with Applejack, the former noticing and coming to hug me. I look around some more and see Rainbow Dash and Rarity telling some story to Pinkie Pie and… Muffins, was it? Meanwhile, Fluttershy, Spike and Starlight seem to be sharing a laugh with Lyra and Sweetie Drops.

“So how was the trip, Aita?” Twilight asks before taking a slight sniff.

“Not bad, but a little weird. …uh, did you invite anypony that used to be important?”

“Not that I know of. Invitations went off without a word. Fluttershy, Spike, Starlight and I made an invitation each. Our fourth guest should be here in a little bit to watch the show, who I guess was the pony you were referring to.”

Suddenly during me and Twilight’s conversation, Rarity and Rainbow Dash stop talking and sniff the air, the latter flying over to me. “I didn’t know you were into Juniper Pheon… ix… Aita, did you meet who I think you met?”

“Weird,” Twilight remarks. “that’s what I smelled when Starlight invited our last guest.”

Rarity gasps. “You too, Twilight?!? Seriously, what is it with Ponyville lately and attracting Rainbow Dash’s greatest rivals?!? Pinkie Pie, Muffins, you’ll have to excuse me and Rainbow Dash while we give a certain somepony a piece of our minds!!” Rarity starts walking over to Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash and Twilight following in the same direction, Twilight gesturing I should evacuate Sugar Cube Corner personally before things get ugly inside.

I take the cue to step out and close the door.

I think I know who Rarity was referring to; who she, Rainbow Dash and Twilight are going to confront. Starlight did apparently invite Wind Rider, but she didn’t know; they never met.

I only wish my friends would stop keeping me in the dark of their situations. It seriously is getting pretty annoying, and it’s always a drag trying to find out myself.