• Published 17th Oct 2022
  • 213 Views, 2 Comments

Making a Difference - gilo



Applejack realizes she has feelings for Rarity. Will she overcome the fear of being too different than her and tell her how she feels??

  • ...
 2
 213

Chapter 5

After about 10 minutes, Applejack was at the door of the treehouse library, which also was the place where her bookworm friend lived. After knocking on the door, Applejack heard a distant voice call out:

“Come in!”

So Jackie walked into the library and looked around… but her friend was nowhere to be seen.

“Hey! It’s me, Twilight! Where are ya?”

Applejack called out.

“In my bedroom!”

Jackie sighed in relief and went up the stairs and into Twilight's bedroom. She was lying on her bed, reading a book.

"Good morning, Applejack! What brings you here today?"

"I, uh, need help with something and thought about you.."

Twilight quickly put her book down and stood up.

"Oh, absolutely! What do you need- Oh! I just noticed! Your hair, Applejack.. It looks beautiful!"

Applejack blushed bright and played with her thumbs.

"Thanks.. It's Rarity's work."

Twilight raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Huh, I'd never think you'd let her work on your hair! I thought you weren't into this stuff."

"I guess t'was a surprise for everypony.. Me included."

AJ chuckled and continued the previous subject.

"So, Twilight, here's the thing.. I wanna get Rarity a jewel-studded necklace to show 'er how much I 'preciate what she does for me… but I dunno what kind of jewel would suit her.."

“That sounds lovely, but.. you do realize that jewelry is very expensive, right? I’m sure you could return the favor some other way!”

Applejack bit her lip and averted her eyes.

“N-no, ya see… This gift has to be perfect… No matter the price…”

Twilight’s eyes slowly widened as she realized what was going on. Applejack has been acting differently when Rarity was around for a long time now. She visited her every day, too. And now she let her work on her hair… and wants to get her a gift… It all fit together perfectly like a puzzle.

“You love her, don’t you?”

Her question almost made Applejack jump. She blushed furiously and her eyes nervously darted from one place to another for a moment before she managed to somewhat regain her composure. She swallowed nervously and finally got herself to look at Twilight.

“T-Twilight… How did ya…”

Twilight smirked proudly and folded her arms.

“I’m pretty sharp, aren’t I?”

“Y-yeah… Caught me off guard… But yeah… I do… And I wanna get ‘er a perfect gift to tell ‘er what I feel… So can ya help me? Please…”

Twilight nodded and sat down on her bed again.

“Of course. Hmmm… I think an amethyst would suit her perfectly.”

Applejack smiled sincerely and placed her hand on Twilight’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Twilight. Thanks a ton. I’ll return the favor. I promise.”

The bookworm chuckled and shook her head.

“You already did. You just inspired me.”

“Huh? Oh, are ya talking about those fanfics ya write?”

“Yup. I just got a really good idea for a story..”

Jackie chuckled and patted her shoulder.

“Heh, keep me updated, awright? I’m gonna go hit that jewelry store now.”

Twilight looked up into AJ’s eyes and smirked.

“Go get her, tiger.”