• Published 30th Aug 2022
  • 1,186 Views, 44 Comments

Return of the Core - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Core finds itself in a magical land of ponies where friendship is the only thing that matters. The Core seeks to change that.

  • ...
3
 44
 1,186

Friendship is Hatred

Twilight walked to the balcony and looked at the beautiful landscape in front of her. She could see the city and the rest of Equestria while the sun was high in the sky. She sighed deeply with a look of sadness.

“My dear Twilight, what seems to trouble you?”

“Oh, it’s nothing really,” she muttered, wiping off a tear from her eye.

“Please do tell. I’m listening.”

She sighed again. “Well, it’s just that I’m beginning to miss Celestia and Luna already. They were the most powerful and the most wonderful rulers I’ve ever known. If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be sitting on the throne.”

“Is that so?”

“Of course! They were an inspiration to me in every way, and I still feel like a large part of me is missing,” explained Twilight, shedding another tear.

“Ahhh, so they were your role models, hmm? How touching to hear. Then it seems my arrival has been timely, if not convenient,” The Core spoke.

“I’m hoping that your experience can help shape my rulership here. You and Spike would make fantastic royal advisors together. I should introduce you to—“

“NO!”

Confused, Twilight raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, I would prefer not to trouble him with my…perplexing presence. I am not a sociable entity. I trust you understand.”

“Oh, that’s perfectly fine. I understand. If there’s anybody you can talk to, you have me. I know we’ll become great friends!” Twilight smiled.

“Yes……of course,” The Core slightly growled.


Later in the afternoon, the newly improved hive mind crawled on a rooftop where it feasted its eyes on the Canterlot Castle and all the other lands far below it.

“Hmm…it seems that this Equestria has many kingdoms. If we are to undermine the whimsical source of its power, we must see, learn, and watch how they truly flourish. If necessary, we could exploit their weaknesses,” The Core plotted.

The rest of the eyes frantically whispered to the frontal eye. “Fret not, my new brethren. We will all live in tranquility…true tranquility,” it sneered.

It activated its thrusters and blasted off to the sky.

It scanned any signs of life as it flew beyond the boundaries of Equestria. Then it noticed the Changeling Hive within a few miles ahead; catching its interest, it flew below the hive before deactivating its thrusters. Stretching its tentacles, it quietly climbed up on its thick hide.

King Thorax was having a feast with his royal subjects who all celebrated with great joy.

“Today marks the third anniversary of Chrysalis’s defeat! The time in which we changelings saw a new way for us to thrive and live—the Magic of Friendship!” Thorax proclaimed.

The changelings cheered in response. “Now that we are together for this special occasion, let us remember that as long as friendship exists, we won’t have to hunger or starve for love; for it is more beneficial to give than to take,” he finished, smiling.

The Core heard enough and climbed down from the palace. “This is getting more and more ludicrous! How can any of these dull creatures see…friendship...as something that can benefit them?! Is there not a single life form with a brain who can see through this foolishness?!”

Then the hive mind got an idea. “Wait…of course. There must be someone in this abysmal dimension who can see through their lies. Hmm, it would take some time, but eventually…we will succeed.”


Two security ponies opened the inside door that led to the main room of the EEA board. Seeing that it was dark therein, the unicorns ignited their horns.

"Hmm, this room isn't this usually dark."

"You're telling me. Someone must have accidentally--WHAT THE?!" one of them yelled.

"What? What's wro--*gasp*" she looked where her partner was staring at. All the bodies of Neighsay and his colleges lied on the floor lifelessly. The guards ran up to them.

"What happened here?!"

"His...his heart is not beating! Something fatal must have happened to him!"

They checked on the rest of the board members and discovered the same terrifying result. Sweating profusely, the first guard pulled her comrade with her magic. "We have to take them to the hospital now! We'll get some answers for sure!"

"Right, right!" he replied, nervously nodding. "You do that while I get the Royal Guard involved so that they'll inform Princess Twilight of this incident. I have a bad feeling about this."

Then the male guard noticed something on the wall. "Hey...do you see that?" She looked where he was pointing; dozens of slash marks were on the lower half of the wall. They even discovered some claw marks on some parts of the floor.

"Either a wild beast attacked them or somepony drained their life force."

"But how is that possible? Nothing was destroyed, and Tirek is currently in stone. Who could have done this?"

"Only one way to find out," said the female guard.


As the sun was setting, a female unicorn finished washing the dishes and later prepared dinner on the table. “Ah, there we go. Feisty, dinner’s ready!”

The said filly with an upset look on her face stomped her way into the kitchen and angrily sat on the chair.

“Nah, ah, ah, young filly. You’re not gonna eat supper with that attitude,” the mother scolded.

“I don’t care! I didn’t do anything wrong!” Feisty complained.

“Your teacher and principal said otherwise,”the mom replied, arching an eyebrow.

“That stupid yak wouldn’t shut up! I hate those non-ponies!”

“That’s why you’re grounded for a week. You need to learn to respect other creatures, not just ponies. Until you learn that lesson, you won’t be hanging out with your own friends.”

“That’s not fair! Why is befriending these creatures so important?!”

“Once you get older, you’ll understand,” she said, eating her meal.

Feisty crossed her hooves and glared at the floor. “Whatever,” she muttered.

After they finished their supper, Feisty closed the door and looked out the window. She looked at a picture of her mother smiling with her daughter. She stared at the rest of her family pictures that showed her mother holding her as a baby. For a moment, some tears were formed in her eyes. But then her watery eyes shifted to a large photo that showcased the Mane Six, Starlight, Spike, the Young Six, and the other students.

Angered, she ripped the photo in half and tossed the pieces out the window.