• Published 6th Aug 2022
  • 1,526 Views, 31 Comments

Equestria Girls: It's Showtime--Wallace and Gromit: Cracking Contraptions - PlymouthFury58



Some days are boring. Some days think they are going to be boring. Not with these two around.

  • ...
0
 31
 1,526

Shopper 13

Author's Note:

A.K.A. "A Day in the life of Wallace going Sunday Cheese Shopping from the comfort of his own Basement"

Fine day, Sunday.

One would might say it was the best day of the week.

Why?

Some would say it's because the banks are closed on Sundays, some would say because mail-trucks were given a day off, and some could not wait for Sunday Church sermon.

For Flash Sentry, it's because he gets to have his weekly Sunday stroll through town. The purpose of doing so was to rest and recuperate from the week's adventures, get his mind off of the stress, and get some free menial exercise in the process.

Today, he decided to take a different route to start, and began his stroll in the small neighborhood that was a few blocks from the park area. Passing by one particular house, he heard some whirring noises coming from the driveway.

The small trees parted away, and rising from the depths of the house emerged a large plaid basket with two rear driving wheels, one wheel at the center front for steering, and attached to the giant handle was an antenna, a few indicator lights, and a large camera. Suddenly, the sides popped open to reveal mechanical arms with white gloves. Also, attached to the front was a little clipboard with a piece of paper with the number "13" written on it.

Flash opened the gate to allow the Shopper 13 to pass through, before closing it and watching the mechanical being idly roll down the sidewalk. Flash shook his head while walking away while sighing, "Wallace is at it again."


In the sunny-side of the park, Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie "Bon-Bon" Drops were sitting together on a bench under a tree, feeling happy and lovestruck being together on a quiet Sunday morning.

Just then, they saw the Shopper 13 come puttering past them on the path and out of sight around the bend.

Bon-Bon turned to Lyra. "Wallace?" she asked.

Lyra nodded. "Wallace."


Inside the grocery store was a group of young friends who were stuck with chores of purchasing the food for the up and coming annual barbeque, or they were hoping to make it an annual tradition, if they could get the first year off of the ground.

Smolder groaned. "Come on! What's taking so long?"

"I'm just trying to make sure our purchases are within our budget," Ocellus spoke up.

"I'm just feeling hungry for the hotdogs," Gallus shrugged.

Just then, the entry/exit doors jingled open, and in came rolling in the Shopper 13.

"Incoming everyone," Sandbar warned. "Make way."

"What's going on?" Silverstream asked, arms full of hamburger and hotdog buns. "OOH!! What's that?!"

"Yona think it look cute," Yona grinned.

The others watched as the Shopper 13 came right up to the cashier's desk, before placing an amount of money onto the counter. "Aisle two," he waved it off, cashing in the money as the machine began puttering down the designated aisle.

"What's going on?" Ocellus asked.

"It's Sunday," Smolder huffed in response.

"So?"

"So, that means it's 'Wallace sends his latest invention to do his cheese shopping for him' day," Gallus clarified.

"Who is Wallace? Yona not know name," Yona asked.

"Oh, yeah. That's right. You guys are new in town," Sandbar explained. "Well, sometime ago, someone new moved into town before you guys did. His name's Wallace, and he's a cheese loving inventor from somewhere in England. Every Sunday so far, he's sent on of these little machines to buy and delivery his cheese shopping for him."

"That's so cool!" Silverstream beamed.

"It's stupid," Smolder countered.

They watched as the Shopper 13 reached out its gloved mechanical arms for the stack of Lite Cheese on the bottom shelf, only to suddenly backtrack and reach up for the Giant Edan on the shelf above. Sandbar, Silverstream, and Ocellus watched with nervousness, Gallus and Smolder were only mildly interested, if only to see something explode, while Yona looked confused at the mechanics. It placed the big cheese and then placed it into the big basket hopper with no problem.

The real problem began with the fact that the Giant Edan was weighing down against the Shopper 13's wheels.

"Yona think big cheese is too heavy," Yona said.

Just then, one of the rear wheels popped right off, leaving the Shopper 13 with it's load to putter around the middle of the bread and cheese aisle in a clockwise motion.

"Uh, oh!" Silverstream yelped. "Was that supposed to happen?"

"One thing about Wallace's inventions: they never go right," Smolder replied. "EVER!"

"And when something does go wrong," Gallus added with a shrug, "well, it gets worse."

The Shopper 13 then stuck out its arm to grab a nearby baguette and used it as a makeshift crutch, using to limp its way out the store and on its way back to Wallace's house.

"Yona think that was funny," Yona chuckled.

"Let's just get our food and pretend that never happened," Sandbar suggested.

"Agreed."

"Aww!" Silverstream moaned.


Granny Smith and Big Mac were walking out of the pharmacy, having picked up their order of medicine for their cow Bessie, when Big Mac stopped his Granny from almost colliding with the Shopper 13 as it limped down the sidewalk with a full load and a baguette crutch.

"Mus' be Sunday," Granny Smith muttered.

"Eeyup," Bic Mac agreed.


Scootaloo was playing a little game of kick the ball around the park, when she reared back and sent it flying right towards the bench where Lyra and Bon-Bon were comfortably resting.

"Heads up!" she cried.

The ball missed the bench entirely, though the Shopper 13 had taken a poor time to come limping by. The ball caused it to lean back, threatening to lose its balance, when Lyra saved face and set the machine upright and on its merry puttering way.

Bon-Bon returned with the ball as Scootaloo came up.

"Sorry about that," she apologized. "What's going with that thing?"

"It's Sunday," they replied.

"Huh?"

"Sunday Cheese Shopping."


Flash Sentry felt refreshed from his stroll around the neighborhood, having received a brain wave that would save him from a slump in his grades, and a brand new song to try out on his guitar.

Walking past a familiar looking house, he stopped when he noticed the Shopper 13 limping from a baguette on its way back to the house. He opened the gates just in time to see Wallace's face appear in the parlor window.

"I can see him!" he cried. "Good morning, Flash!"

"Morning, Wallace," Flash greeted. "I see you went cheese shopping again. I was just on my way strolling in the neighborhood."

"Oh, well, good luck with that."

Suddenly, Wallace gasped. He noticed that as the Shopper 13 neared the front porch, there was a heavy and large step right in its path.

"It's just one small step!"

The Shopper 13 puttered up to the porch step, limping its baguette crutch to lift itself up and over the step.

"I knew he'd make it. Ha haaaa!"

Unfortunately, the Shopper 13 took this time to pop off its last remaining rear driving wheel, causing it to tip over and send its load of cheese to roll down the path and stop at the front gate.

"Ohhh!" Wallace exclaimed. "The Edan is stranded! Gromit, we'll have to launch the probe."

Just then, from a small hatch in the garage door, a baaing sheep in a woolen sweater and probe helmet on a skateboard was pushed out, only to hit the garden path wall which caused the sheep to land right by the Giant Edan. This was Shawn, Wallace and Gromit's pet sheep.

"Ha, haaaa! That's it boy, bring it here!" Wallace cheered.

Shawn's probe helmet popped open, and the sheep in the woolen sweater made from his own wool took the opportunity to begin making a meal out of Wallace's Sunday Cheese Shopping.

"Oi! Get off me cheese!" Wallace shouted, pounding on the glass pane. "Gromit! Gromiiit! Go for him! Gromit!"

But Gromit was feeling to incredulous to even bother with Shawn and the cheese.

"I'll give you what for, you tike! Gromit! Ohhh!"

Shawn innocently baaed while Flash Sentry groaned and walked out of sight pre-emptively.

Sundays were never boring, but they were never again relaxing once Wallace and Gromit moved into town.