• Published 11th Jul 2022
  • 2,064 Views, 70 Comments

A Fatal Error Has Occurred - Orderly Disassembly



He was murdered in a place where one cannot die. Memories and hope, ripped from him in a flash of light. From one prison he came, and into another he was thrown. But he will get out, nothing lasts forever.

  • ...
3
 70
 2,064

Ch - 7 - Dream of Truth

The void was saturated with the roar of falling water. The distant horizon glowed with yellow light, but I could not see it. I knew the sky above stared down at me through enormous disk-like eyes, but I could not look up.

My limbs refused to respond to my command, not that my mind was issuing any.

I gazed at the whirlpool below.

‘What is the meaning of…this… dream.’

The parasite’s voice started out with its normal fiery confidence, but the maw below seemed to swallow that arrogance.

The parasite wisely remained silent as the underwater tornado swirled

Then my voice echoed through the nothingness without my input. It was filled with glee and torn by static.

“The Lord of Above and Beneath.”

The eyes above blinked and the water began to drain faster.

“The Black Sea of Infinite Teeth.”

Triangles poked through the crashing waves, jutting upwards, daring the sky to meet the water.

“See the tides and weep.”

The catastrophe grew in size as the living hole opened wider. When staring into depths, one could also imagine logic and reason drowning.

“For the tithes of knowing.”

The images of water faded away to reveal that the maw did not consume the ocean, but rather, reality itself. Shifting patches of emptiness fell down its throat as seafoam turned to nebulae and waves became clusters of stars.

“Cut deep.”

The parasite screamed as the gaping jaw of Entropy consumed existence itself, and the unimaginable being giggled as galaxies fell into nothing.

“You know them.”

The parasite’s breathing had quickened to a frantic pace, each gasp rasping against the back of her throat. Every eye in the night sky turned to her and the swirling abyss laughed with a trillion different voices. The cacophony borne of mirth and hate almost drowned out my final words. Almost.

“And they know you.”

Another scream tore itself from her throat as the parasite fled the vision through a static purple portal. I do not know for certain, but I can guess that the echoes of Entropy’s derision followed her to wherever she hid.

I felt no pity.

Why would I?