• ...
1
 21
 2,345

Invitation

1 week later


Inside the cafeteria we find the student body and faculty sitting in their respected booths eating their lunches. Sunset's outburst from a few weeks ago still left a huge rift inside each of them, after hearing about the rainbooms latest apology attempt last week and how it almost got them killed. The entire school felt that it was wise to give Sunset space and to hopefully cool off out of fear at the thought of what she'd do to the next person who tries to apologize to her? Despite these setbacks their was a silver lining through all of this, a few days after Sunset's suspension ended the CMC were brought back home to the city of Canterlot. At first the trio were afraid to step foot in school out of fear of the student body still being furious at them, but to their surprise they learnt that everyone in school has long since moved on from the Anon a Miss incident and were quick to forgive the trio and personally welcomed them back to the CHS family much to the delight of the girls who were happy to have been forgiven by everyone aside from Sunset.

Speaking of Sunset....................................

We find the fire haired girl sitting alone near the statue that brought her into this world 2 years ago eating her lunch peacefully. This has been the usual routine of the teen as she would either eat her lunch alone in the library, an empty classroom, or near the statue as to avoid bumping into any of the students, faculty, and especially the rainbooms trying to apologize to her. Unknown to her we see Vice principle Luna watching her from a distance near one of the entrances, she continues to stair nervously as she ponders if it's safe or the right time to approach her. However as she continues to stare at the girl the vice principle decided to take the leap of faith and walks towards the young girl trying her hardest to act as brave as possible. Sunset didn't even notice the woman walking up to her until she finally spoke.

"Uh Sunset?" Luna asked earning her attention.

"Da hell do you want?" She replied rudely, normally Luna would chastise a student for cursing especially towards a faculty member. But given what Sunset's been through she decided to turn a blind eye for once and continued.

"Uh I just wanted to let you know that everyone turned in their permission slips for the camp Everfree trip next week" She said nervously.

"And?" Sunset asked.

"Everyone................................except you" Luna replied only earning a scowl from the teen.

"Well maybe I don't want to go to a stupid camp" She retorted.

"What? But Sunset, you've been looking forward to camp everfree ever since last year" Luna replied.

"I did" Sunset said. " But not anymore. The last thing I want is to spend an entire week in the wilderness surrounded by you traitors and those 3 brats" Hearing this Luna let out a long sad sigh.

"Sunset" Luna replied. " Pretty much the entire student body is going to camp, the schools practically gonna be a ghost town for the entire week. I know your still hurt but are you just gonna sit there and tell me that you'd rather be all alone for a whole week while the school's out having fun and enjoying themselves?" Sunset just scoffed after hearing the older woman's statement.

"Honestly that would be a vacation for me" She shot back. " I'd rather be the only one in school surrounded by nothing but peace and quiet instead of being held captive by a bunch of unapologetic assholes all week at some camp that I used to be excited for if it wasn't for that damn Anon a Miss forum"

"Your not being held captive!" Luna shouted but then cooled down a little while rubbing her temple in silent frustration before continuing again. " Listen Sunset I understand that your still upset with what happened last year and I don't blame you for still being furious, right now I'd tell you that we all feel guilty for pointing the finger at you so easily and that we're sorry. But I know that your not gonna believe any of that and why wouldn't ya? We were terrible, if my counterpart from your world saw me she'd be so disappointed in me and i wouldn't blame her. Look I not forcing you to talk to anyone or to forgive them, I'm just asking you to considered not going as deep down I know you still want to go to camp everfree and I know you don't want to spend the entire week alone. Plus being out in the wilderness might also help you to clear your mind and to relax a bit, you don't have to talk to anyone but you can still have fun. But I won't force you to go if you don't want to, but I hope you would at least consider, if you change your mind the permission slip will remain on my desk until Friday" After finishing her statement Luna began to walk away as Sunset pondered for a moment, while she just wanted to be left alone and would rather spend the entire week in the practically empty school with non of the students bothering her with apology attempt's. But deep down she knew that she still wanted to go to camp everfree as she was looking forward to it until the Anon a Miss incident occurred, she also thought about what Luna said as it would be nice to relax a bit and being out in the wilderness would giver her a chance to clear her mind a bit. After a moment of hesitation she soon made her decision.

"Alright" She called out earning the attention of vice principle Luna. " I'll go, but I have one condition. When you assign cabins I would like one separate from everyone ESPECIALLY the rainbooms and the CMC's" Hearing this Luna let out a small smile, while she was slightly saddened that Sunset wanted a separate cabin away from everyone, she never the less was joyed that the fiery teen changed her mind.

"Thank you Sunset" She replied. " And I shall be sure to arrange a private cabin only for you, head over to my office after lunch so that you can sign the permission slip" Sunset didn't reply and just nodded an "ok" which was enough for the older woman as she walked back inside of the school to give her some space with a look of hope soon forming on her face.


Next Monday

We find 4 buses parked outside of the entrance of the school ready to escort the students of CHS who were both eager and excited to arrive at Camp Everfree for their week long trip. Most of em were still outside placing their luggage's inside of the buses center trunk holding the necessary necessities raging from clothes, bug spray, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, sunscreen, swimwear, phones, instruments ( mainly the rainbooms and Flashes band), and some GoPro's and video camera's to document the entire trip. The CMC's were there as well just as excited that they were still allowed to go despite what they've done, goes to show that they were truly forgiven for everything. But it wasn't just them, the Rainbooms also got permission to invite their new friends from Crystal prep whom Pinkie nicknamed the Shadow six. As the last remaining students placed their luggage in the trunk and began entering the bus, Principle Celestia began taking role call checking to see if each bus housing the students and faculty were present and accounted for.

"Is that everyone?" She called out from the buses entrance.

"Not yet Principle Tia" Dash replied. " We're still waiting for............................................"

"YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT UP CHS?! SHADOWBOLTS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Came a voice as a dark blue spiky haired girl entered the bus along with 5 other girls, and the rainbooms were quick to recognize the voice belonging to Indigo Zaps.

"Hehe speak of the devil" Applejack giggles as she noticed her friends enter the bus.

"What up Principle Tia!" Indigo greeted and patted the older woman's back nearly pushing her over.

"Hehe hello Indigo" She said in a mixture of annoyance and politeness. " Right on time we were just about to leave, please take your seats" Indigo then gave a solute as she and the rest of the Shadow six made their way inside of the bus greeting each CHS student as they made their way towards their respected seats, as they made their way towards the back the six girls took their respected seats sitting next to each member of the rainbooms.

"Sup fellahs?!" Indigo greeted.

"Howdy Indigo" AJ greeted. " Glad ya'll made it"

"Yeah me too" Sour Sweet replied. " If Sugarcoat spent one more minute fixing her hair we'd could have had to walk to camp from here" This only earned her a growl from the pony tailed haired girl.

"Yeah well Rarity can understand that" Dash pointed out"

"HEY!!!!!!!!" Rarity retorted earning multiple giggles from the group of friends.

"But seriously thanks for inviting us guys" Sunny Flare said. " I've always wanted to go camping and it's been a while since we've been on a field trip.

"It's no problem at all darling" Rarity said finally calming down a bit. " We're friends now, and besides everyone's welcome" Each member of the shadowbolts couldn't help but smile happily at their friends statement, to think that a month ago they were rivals but now they're the best of friends. Goes to show how magical friendship can be. " So how are things back in Crystal prep? I heard that Principle Cinch got fired"

"Oh yeah" Lemon Zest jumped in. " After that magic mishap last month Cinch was called in to the office and i tell ya she received so much reprimanding from everyone including superintended Discord especially since she allowed it to happen not caring if most of the students would have gotten injured or killed. Long story short her ass was fired on the spot and she just left the school in a huff not bothering to look back and no ones seen her since"

"Serves her right" Pinkie replied.

"You said it Pinkie" Human Twilight said. " But that's not the end of it. A week after Cinch got the axe , My sister in law Dean Cadence and her fiance aka my older brother Shiny were called into the office by superintendent Discord and he offered the two of them the Principle and Vice principle positions, long story short they were quick to accept it"

"That's great Twilight!" Fluttershy replied. " I know your brother and sister in law are gonna turn the school around"

"Amen to that" Indigo jumped in. " They've only been our principle and vice principles for a month but I like them already, they're definitely an improvement over Cinch. Hell even their punishments aren't as harsh as Cinch's" The rest of the shadowbolts then nodded in agreement as well, Indigo then took a second to look around and to her surprise to find one of the rainbooms missing. " Hey where's Shimmer? I thought you guys said that she decided to come along"

" She did" Pinkie replied. " Oh my god, you don't think she changed her mind do you?"

"I wouldn't say that Pinkie" Fluttershy said as she looked out the window to find non other than Sunset getting her motorcycle ready while waiting for the buses to depart towards camp, no doubt she chose to take her motorcycle instead of the bus as to avoid her former friends much to the groups disappointment. Indigo looked out the same window as well as Sunset tied down her luggage on the end of her motorcycle not even bothering to look up at the group staring at her.

"She still pissed huh?" Indigo asked.

"OH yes" Fluttershy replied and then looked down on the floor sadly, Indigo then placed her arm around Fluttershys neck in a comforting manner.

"Hey now it's gonna be alright Shy" Indigo reassured. " I betcha by the end of this trip ole Sunset will have calmed down and I betcha she'll finally forgive you guys, after all she can't be mad forever" The other Shadowbolts then nodded in reassuring agreement while each of the rainbooms still felt unsure about that.

"I wouldn't count on it partner" Applejack said in her head, and after a few minutes with the last of the students and faculty entering their respected buses. The large vehicles soon left the facility making their way towards Camp everfree and soon Sunset hit the lever of her motorcycle and followed suit as well looking the least bit excited for this week long trip.



"This is gonna be a long week" She said in annoyance.

Author's Note:

The road to Camp everfree begins:pinkiehappy: Next chapter will show the more in depth look of how the memory erasing incident from camp played out during Applejacks flashback sequence from the original story, stay tuned for that:raritywink: Until then I'll see ya around folks👍