• Published 24th Jun 2022
  • 343 Views, 37 Comments

Ranking Up to Infinity - Mona_Chromatic



When Trixie finds out that her best friend had her deck stolen, she goes out of her way to find the criminal who did it, and, of course, settle the matter over a duel!

  • ...
 37
 343

Chapter 2 - The Initiation

"I'll take the first move," said Trixie, selecting a card in her hand. She opened up a small compartment on her duel disk, and placed the card inside.

"I activate the field spell, 'Secret Village of the Spellcasters'!" she said.

The hologram generator's roared to life, and the field changed. The gymnasium transformed into a old village, with houses made from dirt and stone, hidden under the canopy of a great tree. Sunlight peeked through the branches, shining down on the field.

"With this card, as long as I control a spellcaster-type monster, my opponent can't activate spell cards," Trixie explained. Mona looked at the cards in his hand, disappointed. "Well, that's annoying," he said out loud.

Trixie overheard him, and said, "Relax, buddy. Win or lose, you'll still be a part of the club, so have fun with this!" she said, as she placed another card on the duel disk. "I summon 'Magician's Rod'!"(LEVEL 3, 1600/100)

A transparent figure holding a purple staff descended onto the field, refracting the sunlight as it did so. "When he's summoned, I can add a spell or trap that lists 'Dark Magician' in it's text from my deck to my hand. I think I'll pick," she paused as she selected the card from the duel disk's screen "'Dark Magical Circle!'"

The card propped out from near the top of her deck, and she plucked it out and placed it in her hand. "I'll activate Dark Magical Circle and use it's first effect! I can look at the top 3 cards in my deck, and pick one 'Dark Magician'-related card among them!" The spell card revealed itself ono the field, and the area underneath Trixie's side of the field was encircled by a mystic ring.

"I'll set two cards facedown and end my turn," said Trixie, laying her cards down on her duel disk's lower half. "Your move, now."

"Okay, here goes..." said Mona, as his fingers touched the first card in his deck. "I draw!"

He looked at the card and smiled, saying, "I activate the monster effect of D/D Swirl Slime in my hand!" (Level 2, 200/200)

He picked another card in his hand, and slipped them into the "graveyard" slot. "I can use this card and another D/D monster in my hand to fusion summon a D/D/D monster from my extra deck!"

The sky above Mona swirled around, becoming a portal of orange and green light. "I'll use the D/D Proud Chevalier in my hand to fusion summon!" (Level 5, 2000/700)

The figures of a knight in dark armor and a blob of green slime appeared and rose into the portal, as Mona clasped his hands together and chanted, "Risen king of a fiery kingdom, rule the lands with your hateful embers! Fusion summon, D/D/D Flame High King Genghis!" (Level 8, 2800/2400)

A tall red warrior, clad with black and red armor landed onto the field, causing a great tremor as it landed. In one hand it held a long, blazing sword, and in the other, a titanic shield that was almost as large as he was.

"Next, I'll normal summon D/D Savant Kepler!" (Level 1, 0/0) A simple, armless metal stature rose from the ground, with a face resembling that of a robot, as orbs circulated around it.

"When he's summoned, I can add one Dark Contract from my deck to my hand. I choose Dark Contract with the Witch," said Mona, "and I'll chain my own effect with Genghis'!"

What? thought Trixie, as the armor roared. "When a D/D monster is summoned," explained Mona, "I can special summon a D/D from my graveyard! I choose D/D Proud Chevalier!"

The smaller suit of armor from before rose from the ground, standing tall. Two pendulum monsters and a fusion on the field in the first turn? thought Trixie. What else can this guy do?

Hitch watched silently as the other club members cheered. This kid must have thought this through pretty well. I wonder what he's going to do next.

Mona removed the pendulum monsters from his duel disk, and pulled out one from his extra deck. "I'll then use Chevalier and Kepler to link summon! Appear, the circuit that connects to the future!"

The two monsters vanished in red streaks of light, and a square circuit appeared below his feet. Two arrows in the bottom corners of the square began to glow, and the circuit crackled.

"Haunted ruler of the deepest depths, I call upon your might! D/D/D Abyss King Gilgamesh!" (Link 2, 1800)

Another warrior clad in armor rose from the circuit. This one was blue and black, gleaming brilliantly, and in it's hands held a spear and a sword. The eyes gleamed with a green fury, staring down on Trixie.

"I activate his effect. When he's link summoned, by taking 1000 points of damage, I can place two D/D pendulum monsters from my deck in my pendulum zones!" Red and blue lights shone on both sides of Mona, as he drew two cards that popped out of his deck. "I'll take the scale 0 D/D/D Divine Zero King Rage and the scale 10 D/D Savant Newton!"

Standing in the blue light was was a man, with skin toned grey and hair gleaming white, wrapped in a red cloak that flowed in the wind. In the red light floated a metal hodgepodge, shaped somewhat like a crescent moon. A metal head, similar to Kepler, protruded from the shape.

Mona's LP: 8000 --> 7000

"Using the two scales, I'll pendulum summon!" A giant crystal hung by a string descended, and swung around the two figures. "From my extra deck, I'll summon D/D Proud Chevalier, and from my hand, I'll play the tuner monster, D/D Nighthowl!" (Level 3, 300/600)

The same smaller suit of armor from before descended from the sky, and the head of a giant wolf leapt from his hand, snarling in the air.

Mona exhaled slowly, then turned his attention to the screen on his duel disk. He tapped the screen, and his eyes scanned the field. He's checking my card? Trixie thought to herself. Well, I have to respect a duelist who actually reads.

Mona stood up straight, and raised his arm into the air. "I'll tune my level 3 Nighthowl and level 5 Proud Chevalier! Synchro Summon!"

The wolf head and knight burst into tiny stars that hovered over the field, then aligned themselves vertically before shooting straight into the sky.

"Tragic king forsaken by his own misfortune, rise again to prove your worth!" Mona chanted. "Appear, D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried!" (Level 8, 2800/2200)

A giant man, with white hair and a silver mask descended onto the field, more graciously than Genghis, with his white armor gleaming along with his silver blade in his hand. The purple cape flowed delicately, and he swept it across the field, causing a gust of wind, announcing his arrival.

Fusion, Link, Synchro, and Pendulum summoning? I was right, this kid has got what it takes, Hitch thought to himself.

"I'll enter my battle phase! I attack Magician's Rod with D/D/D Flame King Genghis!"

The blazing giant raised it's blade, and leapt towards the transparent figure. Trixie, somewhat desperately, smacked the button that was flashing on her duel disk. "I activate my trap card, Magician's Navigation."

One of her facedown cards raised itself, revealing the purple card. "I can special summon a Dark Magician from my hand, and then , special summon another level 7 or lower spellcaster from my deck!"

Mona responded just as quickly, pressing one of the buttons on his own duel disk. "I activate Genghis' quick effect. During my turn, I get to negate the activation of one spell or trap card my opponent activates!"

The flaming warrior fired a pulse of red flame, engulfing the purple card, and turning it grey.

Trixie simply smirked. "Alright, then I reveal my other facedown card! The continuous trap, Magician's Defense!"

The other facedown flipped up, and a small barrier enveloped the transparent figure.

"As long as I control a spellcaster type monster, I take half the battle damage!"

"I won't let you try that either!" said Mona. "I activate Cursed King Siegfried's effect! During either of our turns, I can negate the effects of one face-up spell or trap card on the field until the end of the turn!"

The white knight rose it's sword, casting a violet beam onto the card, turning it grey, much like with the first time.

Trixie winced as the impact of the blazing sword of Genghis slamming into her monster sent shockwaves across the holographic village, stirring up dust and flickering embers.

Trixie's LP: 8000 => 6800

"I now attack directly with D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried!" said Mona, as the white-armored warrior lunged at the blue girl.

"Maybe one more trick," Trixie said to herself. "I activate the effect of Magikuriboh from my hand!"

"What?" Mona was taken aback, as little brown ball of fur holding it's staff and hat in it's paws popped onto the field.

"When I take damage, I can send him to the grave to summon a level 6 or 7 spellcaster from my deck!" explained Trixie. The Kuriboh raised it's staff, covering the field in a blue glow.

"Might master of the darkest of magic, weave your power into very blood and utterly dominate your foes!" yelled Trixie. "I summon Dark Magician!" (Level 7, 2500/2100)

A black, misty portal formed directly above Trixie. Emerging from the portal was a tall, pale, and thin man, dressed in a purple robe and covered in shining armor of the same color. In his hand, he held a staff that gleamed with a blue gemstone at the top, and his hat was curved forward and pointed.

"I activate the effect of Dark Magical Circle!" declared Trixie. "When I summon a Dark Magician, I can banish one card my opponent controls! I target Siegfried!"

The ring from before gleamed, and enclosed around the white knight, ensnaring him, before shooting both itself and it's captive up into the air. A black portal tore through the ground below them, and the ring and Siegfried sunk down into the void before it closed.

Mona gave a small "tch" sound, then said, "Alright then. I'll set one card face down and end my turn."

"My turn!" said Trixie. "I draw!"

She glanced at the two cards in her hand. I can't let Genghis get off another attack, but none of the cards I have will help, thought Trixie. She looked at her field, then Mona. He's got two monsters and one facedown, and two pendulum scales, plus two cards in his hand. I still have Dark Magical circle, and Magician's Defense's effects are no longer negated.

She took a deep breath, then thought to herself, This is my best shot right now. "I summon Chocolate Magician Girl, in attack position!" (Level 4, 1600/1000)

A petite young lady rose out of the field, dressed in a similar robes to the Dark Magician, but she wore a midriff, and her clothing was a mixture of chocolate brown and light blue.

"I'll activate her effect! Once per turn, I can discard a card, and then draw one more from my deck."

As she sent her remaining card to the graveyard, Trixie breathed deeply, and closed her eyes.

C'mon, please work....

Hitch held is breath, and Maud stated ever so simply at the events unfolding. She's riding everything on this one draw. Typical... thought Maud. Ah well, that's Trixie for you.

As Trixie drew her card, Mona raised his hand, and his face down card was flipped up. "I activate my continuous trap, Dark Contract with the Witch!"

Out of the card rose a large scroll, unraveling and gleaming with energy. A cackling sound emerged from the forest. The source of the sound were several young women, delicate as they were powerful, flying in on broomsticks, and wearing simple navy blue cloaks.

"This card will raise the attack of all my fiend-type monsters on my field by 1000 points during my opponent's turn! In addition to that, " here, Mona sent one of the cards from his hand to his duel disk's graveyard slot, "I can discard a D/D or Dark Contract card from my hand to target a card on the field and destroy it!"

Mona pointed at the Dark Magician. "I'll destroy your Dark Ma-"

Trixie cut him off. "Nice try, but I'll activate the effects of Magician's navigation from my graveyard! If I control a Dark Magician, I can banish this card from my grave to negate the effects of one face up spell or trap my opponent controls, until the end of this turn!"

The Magician raised his staff, and fired a beam at the trap, turning it grey. Mona bit his thumb in nervousness, then exhaled slowly. "I see..." he said.

Trixie smirked as she revealed the card in her hand. "And now," she said, excited, "the great Trixie will activate her spell, Eye of Timaeus!"

The card flared with a green aura, and out popped a green dragon, fat and furious, which roared upon arrival.

Huh, she actually pulled through. Lucky girl, thought Hitch.

There she goes again, thought Maud.

Mona tilted her head in confusion. Wait, did she just refer to herself in third perso-

"With this card, I can use one Dark Magician to fusion summon a fusion monster that lists him has material!" explained Trixie.

The dragon and the mage rose off the ground, rising into the sky above, which began swirling in a dazzling display of blue, green and orange.

"Master of magic, might, and monsters of the arcane world, watch over the skies and descend upon the mystic winds of destruction."

She brought her fist into her other palm, clutching it tight, and brought both hands down in front of her. "I fusion summon! Come forth, Dark Magician the Dragon Knight!" (Level 8, 3000/2500)

From the swirling portal came a giant dragon, gleaming blue and beating it's giant wings. Mounted on it's neck stood the Dark Magician, wielding a curved sword in one hand, and holding the dragon's reigns in the other. His robes were replaced with knight's armor, shining a deep violet gleam, and shone down on the field.

"As long as he is on the field, Dragon Knight is treated as a Dark Magician, meaning I can activate the effect of Dark Magical Circle!" declared Trixie.

The mystic ring rose again, and gleamed with energy. Trixie pointed at the flaming warrior on the field. "I banish Genghis from the field!"

The fiery giant was ensnared by the ring, and roared as it was dragged down into the ground by the magic circle.

Trixie pumped her fist. "Alright! I'll now attack D/D/D Gilgamesh with Dark Magician the Dragon Master Knight!"

Mona winced as the dragon dove towards the blue-armored warrior, firing a blast that sent out shockwaves across the whole field. Dust flew into his left eye, and he spent the next few moments trying to get it out as his life points dropped.

Mona's LP: 7000 --> 5800


Trixie smiled. "How's that? Pretty good, right?" she asked, somewhat jokingly.

Mona finally cleaned his eye, then chuckled.

"You just made a terrible mistake," he said, and the field suddenly began to glow a deep purple.

"What?" Trixie reeled back as the ground shook, and black lightning shot from the ground.

"When Gilgamesh is destroyed by my opponent," said Mona, triumphantly, "I get to special summon a different D/D/D monster from my graveyard or extra deck in defense position!"

Mona's duel disk erupted with purple light, and a gleaming black rose from his duel disk, which he placed on the field.

"Behold, the ace card of my deck!"

A giant purple mountain began rising from the ground, and the dragon knight backed away to make room for the encroaching force.

"Death, destruction, carnage and chaos; it all means nothing to you. Show these non-believers why you are the embodiment of the void that consumes all!" Mona chanted.

"D/D/D Wave Oblivion King Caesar Raganarok!!" (Level 10, 3200/3000)

The mountain rolled, revealing that it wasn't a mountain at all, but rather, a monster, hunched forward, with giant horns protruding from it's back and shoulders. The dark purple armor gleamed as the goliath raised its arms the size of tree trunks, and pounded the ground with great force.

"That thing is huge!" Hitch thought out loud.

Mona chuckled, and raised his arm. "This is going to be over really quick now! Brace yourself, Trixie!"