• Published 20th Aug 2022
  • 409 Views, 3 Comments

Sprout's Wall - Illinois Mapping



Sprout is known to many as clumsy and a source of humor. But behind that, he has a much deeper personality. As his personal experiences end up pushing Sprout away from others, they form bricks in his wall of isolation.

  • ...
0
 3
 409

Prologue.

I’m the only one left to keep everyone calm.

I prepare to go out into the crowd and deliver my speech. The only problem is… well… I have no speech. I’m unprepared. What should I say to the thousands standing right outside this door? Should I tell everyone to calm down? Should I tell them that everything is alright? Should I tell them that we’re going to launch a raid on the northeast to break their spirits?

Nothing seems to make sense right now. It’s like the world is closing in all around me. The ocean in the distance slowly disappears. Our beloved buildings, roads, trees, clouds. All of them are slowly disappearing out of our sight. Suddenly, the entire city of Maretime Bay is reduced to one structure, sitting right in front of me. A massive wall. Each brick stares right back at me as I examine this familiar sight. I’m unsure why I find it so intriguing, though. It’s just bricks, isn’t it? Then, one of them speaks to me.

The brick slowly transforms into… an image of the sky. Wait, no. It isn’t just the sky. I begin to see a character. This character’s silhouette then begins to take a more intimate look. It is my mother. She smiles upon me. I then look on with interest. This is a memory. A very old memory that I haven’t recalled in years. It was when I was a child. My mother then begins to talk to another blue character next to me. It took me a second to figure out that it was Argyle, the father of one of my… friends. It rolls on the tongue, that word. Not many ponies use it these days. Not when everyone is afraid that something evil will appear on our doorstep.

Afraid of something evil on the doorstep? That’s right! I forgot! I need to give a message to the townsfolk! Have I lost track of time? The massive brick structure withers away. The police station begins to reappear into view. I now know how to get through to everyone. Fear has been in place for too long! It is time to get us on the right track! I push the doors wide open.

“Citizens!”