• Published 10th May 2022
  • 866 Views, 19 Comments

When Two Are One - Rigoo



When the Elements of Harmony saved Princess Luna, they left the job half finished. There's a voice inside her head, and it's trying to drag her back down into darkness. She's going to have to deal with it somehow. But that's exactly what it wants.

  • ...
0
 19
 866

Whisper To Be Heard

The moon was full and the sky was black, but the scene was well lit. Hanging lanterns cast a warm yellow glow on blades of grass and beaten paths, offering guidance through the night. Hooves trod along the dirt, stepping in eager trots as they roamed the land. From the ground rose tents and tables, filled with everything from food to art to games. The constant sound of overlapping voices permeated the air, punctuated by joyful cheers and hollers.

Everywhere one might look, flags and banners were hung. Some were dark blue and covered in stars, some were splotched with pitch black spots and silver crescents, others merely bright white circles with subtle imprints. All were easily recognizable to the Princess. They were symbols of her.

Pride swelled in her chest as she walked amongst the crowd. Everypony who noticed her smiled with glee before bowing to her, leaving a trail of kneeling ponies everywhere she went. Foals bounced with excitement as she passed, tugging their parent's manes to make sure they saw her.

It was all perfect. Everything she had worked for had finally come true.

At last, Luna was beloved amongst the ponies of Equestria. Her night was worshiped by all who experienced it, her station treated with utmost respect by all her subjects, her rule a blessing upon the great land she had founded. Dissent was nonexistent, for how could one be unsatisfied by her majesty? What demented mind could find anything but joy in the things she made?

Luna practically frolicked through the crowd she had drawn, a wake of merry cheer following behind her. She danced past the attractions and celebrations, carving a path to her main event. A grand stage looked over the entire festival, its podium poised and ready to deliver a royal speech.

With confidence, Luna took her place behind it, grinning as she surveyed the horde of ponies before her. She took a deep breath, and spoke with the Royal Canterlot Voice.

“Greetings, ponies of Equestria! I, Princess Luna, stand before you with important news! Today, I would like to announce my official return to my royal station as Princess of the Night! I will once again rule over Equestria, as I previously had a thousand years ago!”

The crowd erupted in enthusiasm at the words, not a single pony stood idle in the entire festival. Luna's pride swelled in response, but another feeling found a home in her chest. She was humbled.

“In celebration of my return, and to introduce myself to a new generation of ponies, I have constructed this grand holiday! The Winter Moon Festival!”

Another enormous wave of noise washed over her, enough to deafen any normal pony. Her confidence flourished under the blazing fires of the crowd's passion, and her voice grew louder still.

“Yes! Rejoice ponies of Equestria! Your nation is complete once again! Nightmare Moon is gone, and only I remain! Rejoice! Celebrate to your heart's content!”

The pandemonium rapidly expanded, growing farther and farther out of control. Yet Luna did not mind, content to ride atop its overflowing energy. She had done it. After so long, her life was finally complete. She was loved after all.

A pair of sea green eyes floated in the sky, looking down on the scene. They never blinked as they watched, made no sound while they observed. Their gaze was for Luna alone, silently judging her every move. As the dream began to collapse, they gave a single slow blink.

Then there was light.