• Published 13th Jun 2022
  • 901 Views, 12 Comments

EQG Series Finale (new) - Part 1/2 - EverythingGuy

  • ...
3
 12
 901

Confrontation and Confliction

“I can’t believe I’m doing this” Flash muttered to himself.

It was about a week after the New Year, and Flash was driving toward a place he never thought he’d be again, Camp Everfree. When he heard Comet’s story about Timber flirting with Moondancer and other girls behind their backs, it had sounded credible, but he knew that Comet had always had a tendency to exaggerate when it came to describing someone he didn’t like, or defending those he cared about. It could be that he was making it sound worse than it actually was. He could have asked any of the others in his new group, but Comet had said that it was something none of them liked to talk about. And asking the twins’ parents about it was likely out of the question too. So there was only one other way to know for certain.

Flash parked at the entrance, stepped out of his car, and walked into the currently closed camp, which was as white as the city. Luckily he had his coat, hat, and gloves. He glanced around and spotted the person he was looking for. Since he and his sister lived here, he was easy to find.

As Flash made his way closer, Timber glanced in his direction and saw him.

“Can I help you?” He asked a bit rudely when Flash had gotten close enough and stopped.

“Hi, Timber.” Flash greeted. “Yes you can. Remember me? I’m one of the students from CHS who came here on a trip a while back.”

“Oh yeah, you’re that Sentry guy. What do you want?”

“I need to talk to you about something.”

“Make it quick. I’m kinda busy, in case you couldn’t tell.”

Flash kept himself steady from Timber’s rudeness. “Okay, this is gonna sound really random, but do you know a pair of twin siblings named Comet Tail and Moondancer who go to Hayton Central School?”

Timber’s eyes widened. “Nope. Never heard of them before in my life.” He declared a little too quickly.

“Really?” Flash asked, quirking an eyebrow at Timber’s reaction.

“Yeah.”

“See, Comet’s my best friend and he told me you came to their school and flirted with Moondancer and her friends behind their backs a while ago.”

“You trying to get something from me?”

“No, I just wanna know if that actually happened or not, he exaggerates sometimes. And their other friends don’t like talking about it either, so talking to you was the only way I could find out.”

“Well, you and they have got nothing on me.”

“Look, I’m not trying to pick a fight with you, Timber. I just want to know if what he told me is true.”

“Didn’t you hear me the first time?! I already said it wasn’t!”

Flash had had enough of Timber’s attitude and decided not to push it any further.

“Alright, that’s all I needed to know. Since you’re clearly in the middle of something, I’ll take my leave.”

“Why do you even care?” Timber snapped.

“Because as much as Comet is my best friend, I don’t want him to take something you may or may not have done in the past and use it to ruin you now.”

“Why? You don’t seem like the kind of guy who would care about me.”

“You’re in a relationship, aren’t you?” Flash said in a matter-of-fact tone. And with that, he turned and walked away out of the camp.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Timber scowled at Flash from behind as he left. “Great, he knows. I should have known that idiot from Hayton wouldn’t keep his mouth shut forever.” he fumed.

Unbeknownst, his sister Glorasia Daisy was watching from inside a building and had seen and heard the whole conversation. She was definitely going to talk to him later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Flash got back in his car, relived to be out of Timber’s presence. As he drove away from the camp, he pondered over what he knew. Timber had denied even knowing the twins, but Comet had said he had come to their school, so he had no idea if what Comet told him about had actually happened or not.

However his thoughts then drifted to Twilight yet again. No matter how long he was able to stop it, the thoughts always came back eventually. And it was driving him crazy. “She doesn’t even like me.” Flash grumbled “Besides, she’s already got plenty of friends. She definitely doesn't need me, the weird guy who crushed on her alternate dimension double, for one.”

”That doesn’t mean YOU shouldn’t care about HER.” replied his heart.

“She’s happy with him. And it’s not my place to barge in.” Flash retorted aloud to himself. “End. Of. Story.”

——————————————————————————————————————————

Little did Flash know, that Twilight wasn’t as happy with Timber as he believed. Elsewhere in the city, the purple skinned bespectacled girl in question was sitting on a bench reading a science book. Her dog Spike was laying down beside her feet.

Spike turned around to see his owner staring into space with her book closed “What’s up, Twilight?” asked the puppy, hopping up onto the bench beside her.

“It’s nothing, Spike. It’s just, the girls and I have been wondering lately. Why does magic keep showing up? Is it going to keep happening forever, or is there a way to stop it?”

“You’ve dealt with magic this much, haven’t you? Whose to say you won’t be able to forever?”

“But what if I don’t WANT to deal with it forever? Even though some of the others might.”

Spike’s face faltered. “Good point.” He turned to look out towards the park, until a few minutes later Twilight sighed, drawing his attention again. She had her phone pulled out and was looking at a text chain between her and Timber Spruce.

“Twilight, I mean it, you can handle as much magic the world throws at you.”

She put her phone down. “It’s not just that, Spike. It’s about Timber. I don’t know why, but I’m not looking forward to my next hangout with him as much as I used to.”

“Well, maybe you just don’t like him anymore?”

“But he’s still just like he was when I first met him, so I should still like him. Right?”

“Uh, Twilight, I’m not a human and definitely no expert, but I’m pretty sure that’s not how relationships work.”

“Besides” Twilight continued, ignoring what Spike said “I have to keep liking him or I’ll break his heart. I’m sure I’ll feel better again after our next hangout.“

But she was wrong. A couple days later, after her next hangout with Timber was over, she didn’t feel excited. Everything had gone how she had planned, but her interest in her current relationship only kept diminishing. Why?