• Published 13th Jun 2022
  • 901 Views, 12 Comments

EQG Series Finale (new) - Part 1/2 - EverythingGuy

  • ...
3
 12
 901

Worries

After getting Big Macintosh in the face with a snowball, Flash picked himself off the ground and shook the snow off him. He had just gotten clobbered by snowballs after helping Sunset and Pinkie with something. He didn’t even know what it was, but he had leapt at the opportunity to help them, perhaps a bit too eagerly. He was only part of the snowball fight in the first place because Derpy had called and asked him to come. Now he just wanted to leave.

He managed to silently slip away from the fight, along with Derpy. “Sorry about that.” said the blonde when they got far enough away “I just thought this would be a fun snowball fight.”

“It’s not your fault, Derp. I just need to be more careful about where Twilight, Sunset, and their friends are gonna be.”

“Sentry! There you are!”

The two friends turned to see Flash’s bandmates Ringo and Brawly Beats coming toward them. They both looked rather irritated.

“Can I help you guys?” Flash asked.

“Yeah. What’s this about you leaving school?” Brawly demanded. Flash had texted them about it just yesterday.

“Look guys” Flash said “I’ve been having some issues at CHS that I just can’t get rid of. It’ll be better for me at Hayton Central.”

“Hayton? That school on the other side of town?”

“That’s the one.”

“You’re the head guy.” said Ringo “If you don’t play at any of the big events, we don’t.”

“Guys, I can still come to the events. It’s not the end of the band.”

“This isn’t about that girl, is it? Come on, man, just suck it up and accept it already.”

Derpy turned angry and opened her mouth to speak, but Flash beat her there. He walked closer to Brawly and leaned in with a deep scowl until they were face to face. “I suggest you don’t say that again” he said quietly and darkly “Unless you want my new neighbor to come after you. Because trust me, he will.” And with that, he walked around them and proceeded away. He had something else to do later.

There was a moment of silence until the other three realized what he had said. “Did he say new neighbor?” asked Ringo.

“Yeah” said Brawly “They must have bonded really quick.”

”Or,” Derpy thought, “it’s someone he already knows. And maybe I know.

And unknown to them, Sunset, who had come back to apologize to Flash for snapping at him, had overheard their conversation and was shocked. “Flash transferred?” she said quietly to herself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

The evening after the snowball fight, Flash’s car pulled up to the front of CHS. Flash stepped out of the driver seat, while the twins stepped out of the back seats. Moondancer was smiling intensely at the statue with excitement, while Comet looked a bit more cautious.

“So that’s it?” he asked Flash.

“Yep. Right there.”

Flash took a quick look around to see if anyone else was there. No one was.

Moondancer instantly darted over to it and sat down with a book and pen in her hands. “The multiverse.” She opened her book and started writing in it.

Comet put his hand on the statue (or rather through it) and jumped back “Whoah!” he exclaimed.

Flash chuckled “Easy Comet. You don’t want to get sucked in.”

Moondancer jumped up. “Hold my hands” she instructed the boys. They did so, and she very quickly put her face through. When they pulled her back out, she instantly grabbed her book and pen, and resumed writing.

“You know what I want to know?” Comet commented a while later, “How has the government not sent agents to swarm this thing by now?”

Flash and Moondancer’s eyes widened. “You know, that’s actually a really good question.” Flash replied. “With everything that’s been going on here lately, you’d think there’d at least be some investigation.”

“Maybe they think it’s all a bunch of pranks.” Moondancer reasoned. “I mean, no one in the government would actually believe there’s a portal to another dimension, would they?”

“No, but if they knew it was real, you know what they would do.” Comet said nervously.

“Yeah, they’d mess it all up and get everything out of control.” Flash responded, now a bit worried himself “Maybe it’s worth mentioning.” He took out his cell phone and called his aunt. “Aunt Water? Comet, Moondancer, and I need to talk to Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna about something.”

——————————————————————————————————————————

A few days later, Flash and the twins pulled up to the parking lot outside the mall. They went inside and just avoided getting knocked over by a speeding rainbow blur.

“Whoah! What the?!” Comet jumped back.

“That’s just Rainbow Dash.” Flash said. “Come on, the principals said they’d meet us over there.” He pointed up toward a spot further into the mall.

The trio made their way up an escalator and continued walking. Moondancer happened to glanced to her right, down over the railing. She walked to the edge. “Is that them, Flash?” she asked. The boys came to her side and looked down to see seven girls exchanging presents.

“Yeah, that’s them.” Flash replied.

“So that’s the one?” Comet asked, pointing to the purple girl with lavender hair in a ponytail and glasses. Flash nodded. Comet’s eyes then fell on the yellowish-orange girl with the red-streaked hair. She looked beautiful. “Is that - ?”

“Sunset? Yeah that’s her.”

Comet stared for a few more seconds. And then he snapped back to reality and shook his head. “Ew, ew! Talking horse! Get a hold of yourself!” He turned to his best friend and twin. “Listen, if I ever do that again, slap me.”

“Got it.” said Flash. “Come on.” The trio turned and continued on their way, not noticing that two pair of eyes had looked up and spotted them.

The trio met up with the sisters at a seating area. “Principal Celestia, Vice Principal Luna, this is my best friend Comet Tail and his sister Moondancer.”

“Nice to meet you both.”

“Likewise.”

“Ma'am's.”

“So, Flash” said VP Luna “your aunt called us. What seems to be troubling you three?”

“Well, we’ve been thinking about the magic occurrences that have been happening lately and we’re worried about what might happen if the government finds out. I wasn’t thinking about this before, but they brought me up and now I am.”

“I see.” said Principal Celestia. She turned to the twins. “Listen, I understand your concerns, but I assure you both that Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, and their friends have this under control.”

“Is it though?” said Comet. “I’m not sure how comfortable I feel having a hole in this dimension right in front of a school in this town.”

Moondancer spoke up “Let me show you what we’re talking about. Have you ever seen a BB shot through glass?” The sisters nodded. She stood up and walked over to a window. “Well, let’s say that this window represents the wall between dimensions. When the portal was first created, it made a hole in the wall, just like a BB. And when it made the hole, it cracked the world around it. The entire surface of this dimension splintered. And that’s how the magic gets through, that’s how it gets everywhere. It’s bleeding through the fault lines. Leaking from that dimension, across whatever’s in between, and into this one. With you bunch encouraging it along. Too much magic at once, and the entire wall could collapse.”

“And incomes the apocalypse.” Comet finished nervously.

“Comet, I promise you there will no apocalypse.”

“Sorry, but your promises aren’t assuring enough for me.” Comet said to the Vice Principal. “And another thing, if Miss flame hair is from that other dimension, why is she still here?”

“Flame hair?” Flash looked at him quizzically.

“Yeah, her hair looks like fire.”

“To answer your other question, Comet” said Principal Celestia, directing their attention back to her, “Sunset is here because she is one of my students and she has many friends.”

Flash and the twins still weren’t convinced, but decided to let the issue slide. For now.

“Thanks for your time.” Flash said to the Principals.

“Anytime, Flash.” said Principal Celestia as she and her sister shook hands with the trio “You may not be my student anymore, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still look out for you.”

As the trio walked back the way they had come, down the escalator and toward the doors, they saw the Rainbooms again, luckily not noticing them. Just before they slipped out the door and left, Sunset happened to glance in their direction and locked eyes with them. Comet shot her a death glare, and they hurried out.

Comet tapped Flash on the arm “We’re all gonna die.”

“Yes we are.” He replied.