• Published 27th May 2022
  • 1,106 Views, 143 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Path of the Damned - Blackdrag-rose



Sunset's plan to dominate the Mirror World, so she can conquer her home world, ends up blowing up in her face and sends her to the world of Azeroth, to be risen as a Death Knight to serve the Lich King.

  • ...
8
 143
 1,106

PreviousChapters Next
Cataclysm: Gilneas

As the Scourge marched down into the Plaguelands, after ruining the realm of the blood elves once more as Sunset wiped out their Sunwell as well, Sunset found that they were able to quickly overcome both the eastern and western halves with far too much ease. Such a thing confirmed what she had thought, allowing some of the living to flee meant they were clearing out all of their domains as quickly as they could, gathering in places they thought were safe until she surprised them and slew those that were in her path. It also allowed her to take over several provinces in no time at all, though she made sure that a portion of her army stayed behind to build up the defenses of their new domains and corrupt the land, just like she had done in the past when she served under Arthas' dark thumb. Most of her focus, however, was on tracking Deathwing, as the dragon seemed to be doing the bidding of the Old Gods, N'Zoth to be exact since C'Thun and Yogg-Saron were dead and she knew, thanks to her own Void self whose knowledge she stole, that even Y'Shaarj was dead, though this was more to sate her curiosity.

As she marched into Tirisfal Glades, however, her advanced force returned with an interesting discovery, bipedal wolf men called worgen, located outside the massive Gilnean Wall that protected a settlement of humans from the rest of the world and the dangers everyone else faced.

"Interesting. Because of my tampering, this didn't happen in the other timelines... at least not yet." Sunset remarked, as the moment she got the report she flew to Silverpine Forest, which was the next province after Tirisfal Glades, and found the massive wall that the worgen had been attacking before her advanced force slaughtered them, where she raised her blade and brought them back as soldiers of the Scourge, "The Worgen Curse... Kairoz, feel like making a new timeline, to see what might happen if the curse was incurable?"

"I see, make an army to bolster our forces even more." Kairoz said, as he understood what Sunset was talking about, even if she was also interested in seeing what sort of damage could be done by altering the curse these worgen possessed and had to live with, and with the power of the fallen Aspects he was sure they could alter it in no time, "Excuse us, I will see to it that your will is made reality."

Sunset said nothing as the dragon disappeared with one of the worgen, leaving her with a force of five that she had used her power to bring back, where she found that they didn't have tails, as odd as it sounded since they seemed more like werewolves, plus their claws and teeth looked sharp enough to do some real damage. They were vicious killers, fueled by some sort of rage brought on by an ancient power, but, like all those who were mad before being revived as her soldiers, they, too, were freed from their rage and found a new purpose in following her commands. Most of their kind were dead, slain by heroes in the distant past, but Sunset was fine with that as she found an opening into Gilneas, which was caused by Deathwing wrecking havoc on the world and even damaging the wall, where she ordered the Scourge to continue to the south as she lead the five worgen into a new land. She knew that if she brought down the wall with the might of her army the people of Gilneas would run in fear, giving them some time to get organized or do whatever it was their leaders decided to do, but since there were no guards on the wall, a fatal mistake, they wouldn't be able to do anything to stop the darkness that was invading their home.

Gilneas, as she discovered, was an impressive city and seemed to be well preserved despite the destruction that had been caused by Deathwing's return, something that was also very impressive when she thought about it, before she shrouded herself in shadows and sent her worgen into the city.

As they made their way into the outskirts of Gilneas, however, she cast a spell to silence her movements as she landed on one of the roofs, allowing her to see that someone important to the city, likely a prince, riding on a horse while a captain walked next to him. Based on what she could tell everyone else seemed to be in their houses, since it was still night out, meaning they were in the middle of patrolling the area, looking for danger that wasn't there and pausing whenever one of them heard something, so their duties would take longer as well. As she studied them, however, she found discovered an interesting fact, there were more people outside the main city, farmers and workers who were just getting up, which was when she diverted her worgen and smiled as they tore into the small settlement, each one easily trapping the people in their houses and workplaces, even if there were only five of them. In the following moments the worgen unleashed their curse on the people in the settlement, clawing and biting each one in a matter of seconds before backing off, where she placed near invisible magical domes over them to observe the effects of their terrible curse.

She watched in fascination as the Gilneans transformed over a period of time, roughly between ten to twenty minutes by her count, where their feet and hands turned into sharp claws, their limbs were restructured to be more powerful, their bodies bulked up to show their power, and their faces pushed out into wolf muzzles. This new variation of the curse made it so they didn't go mad with rage, like those that came before them, but she made sure to use their bestial power to her advantage by sending them all into the city to begin the spread of the curse. To speed things up, since she didn't want to spend too much time in this place, she recalled the information she had gained about the curse from those that knew of it's existence, and quickly altered the attack pattern of her new forces, instead of biting everyone the worgen would knock their targets down, prick a finger, and drop a bit of blood in the mouths of their targets. According to her information the curse was incredibly fast if one drank or took in worgen blood, so by doing this her new soldiers could rapidly curse those around them before moving onward, allowing the newcomers to join in not a few moments later, and the first few to fall suffered as she intended.

Such a thing ended up causing a tidal wave of worgen to emerge from what seemed to be the market area of the city, the section that happened to be the closest to the wall Sunset and her forces had come from, overwhelming the defenders of the city before they could do anything to slow them down. Of course there weren't that many guards out right now, since no one knew what was going on right now, but she watched as her worgen army grew by the second, her forces knocking people to the ground before forcing their blood upon them. The Gilneans struggled as their bestial sides were awakened, fighting against their inner beasts, though Sunset knew it was in vain, as she could see each of them breaking under the pressure as claws replaced hands and feet as muzzles replaced their faces. Sure enough the transformation was quick for the newcomers, who were reborn as powerful worgen and howled to let the humans know that their doom had come, all while Sunset simply let them do it, because it would make things more interesting in the long run, especially since several of the human guards noticed what was going on and raised the alarm.

She wasn't too worried about the alarm being sounded, as it only served to cause a panic that ended with many rushing right into the hands of her new terrifying force, in terms of the civilians running while the guards moved to protect them, allowing more worgen to be made as time went by. One thing she expected was that those who were further away from where she started had a greater chance of fleeing before they were overtaken by the worgen, giving her new force some exercise as more prey joined the hunt. In fact one of the lords of Gilneas tried to stop the worgen with his faction, to give the people and their ruler time to flee into the wilds, no doubt to remain hidden until Sunset and her army departed, but it didn't matter as her new force washed over his forces and converted them in no time. After that she nodded her head and watched as the worgen spread throughout the rest of Gilneas, transforming the rest of their former friends and family in no time at all, and those who tried to flee by using their ships found that it was impossible to do such a thing, as they were run down by her brand new army.

When the deed was done, and morning dawned on a transformed Gilneas, Sunset found that the worgen sought to join the first group that she raised into undeath and she granted their wish, utilizing her great power to end all live on Gilneas in an instant before using Frostmourne's dark power to create a new force of darkness.

"What have you done?!" a feminine voice asked, one who sounded horrified and afraid of what she had done, which only caused Sunset to turn back, as she was in an open clearing near the city, and found a night elf who must have slipped in after she cast her spell, a female elf who wore a golden robe that had revealing edges on the sides and where her chest was, though she carried a powerful scythe and a staff.

"Belysra Starbreeze. Here I thought you'd be with Tyrande and the rest of your kind, preparing for my arrival," Sunset said, though she knew this figure because of the information she had stolen from someone in the past, honestly it was hard to tell who it was after all the people she had slain and raised, where she shifted her stance as she finished her turn, giving the night elf her full attention, a bad thing to have these days, "Should have known that you would have felt something, in regards to the worgen or whatever it was that you felt... or maybe your time ally revealed what I was doing... and that you would have come running to see my handiwork. As for what I've done, I've discovered the Worgen Curse and figured out a way to use it effectively, by combining it with my own power, death, and the Helm of Domination's dark power... these are no longer the worgen you're used to dealing with."

Belysra said nothing to that as she rushed forward and swung the staff at Sunset, who shifted her stance for a moment and shattered it with a single swing of her blade, the fragments scattering as she commanded the undead worgen, and the rest of the newly risen population of Gilneas, to leave and join the rest of her army. After that she quickly shifted her stance again and used Frostmourne to counter the scythe attack that was coming her way, which she knew had to be the Scythe of Elune, a rather powerful artifact for druids, before the pair jumped back and readied their weapons. Not a few seconds later Sunset rushed into battle and swung her runeblade at her foe, finding that Belysra was more agile than one might assume, even though she was a night elf, and she knew it was due to her fighting Alpha Prime, a powerful worgen who nearly killed her during their fight, and she was very skilled with the scythe. Even with all of the talent her foe had it wasn't enough to contend with the power she had amassed since her escape from the Violet Hold, as Sunset was able to overwhelm Belysra's attacks and pressed the assault without giving the night elf a chance to rest or recover, forcing her back as time went by.

The fight came to a quick end when Sunset stabbed Belysra in the chest, mostly her fault for wearing nothing more than a robe that offered no protection, and it wasn't long before the night elf perished, even though it only lasted for a moment as she raised her into undeath, while at the same time extending her power to the Scythe of Elune, twisting it into a far more terrifying visage with the icy blue magic dancing around it.

With Belysra and the Scythe of Elune under her control, an addition she wasn't expecting when she decided to eliminate all of Gilneas with a curse they feared, Sunset started to march out of the ruined land and the night elf followed, though as she did that a group of dragons landed nearby and shifted into their visage forms as they walked beside her. As it turned out the group had a report on Deathwing's movements, as he attacked the goblin island of Kezan by causing a volcano to erupt, a fact that sent many goblins to their death as others fled to another island to escape, only to become shipwrecked. She also learned that several of the val'kyr, of which Sunset had more than enough to supply multiple forces now, joined them while that was going on and raised the goblins into undeath, though they were planning on observing the rest of the survivors and raise those who fell, just to see if the were capable of escaping the island. It also provided them with all sorts of new followers to be added to the Scourge, so they were using the goblins to their advantage to purge whatever was on the island, allowing them to raise all of the fallen before exterminating the survivors, causing her to nod as she sent them back to their operation, so she could focus on her conquest.

As she, her worgen, and Belysra joined the Scourge, who welcomed their new brothers and sisters with open arms, Sunset found that there were several additional provinces for her to take over, ones that she hadn't explored before, though it just made her more interested in what sort of recruits she could find while ruining the world of the living.

PreviousChapters Next