• Published 9th May 2022
  • 192 Views, 0 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders: Romantic Despair - Killing Kisa



Coming of age story as the Crusader Trio slowly drift off to do their own thing in life

  • ...
 0
 192

Wind Beneath Her Hooves

It was that time, in everypony's life that every pony looks forward to. The one year before adulthood; the last year of school, the last year of carefree fun, the last year of tests and exams. And... most importantly, this was the year to enjoy senior year prom.

The ponies of Ponyville High were all excited for their last big event, loud discussions filling crowded hallways and circling past lockers. Ruby Pinch was no stranger as well to the excitement. She stood at her locker, a black cardigan on top of a solid grey shirt adorned her with matching black shorts. Ruby also wore a small red bow around her neck. Black boots kept her back legs warm and toasty as the young mare collected her bags for the morning period.

Upon turning around to start her day, the well-known trio passed through the hallway, with one orange pegasus agitating their acquaintances as she glided past on her trusty scooter. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle accompanied Scootaloo, standing on either side of her. Ruby flushed as Scootaloo passed by, and with a sigh, the mare closed her locker.

"Oh come on, you are not about to do this again," Dinky interrupted Ruby's thoughts, startling the magenta unicorn.

"Come on what?" she asked defiantly.

"Can we stay focused on passing this year of high school?" Dinky sounded annoyed. Though it didn't surprise Ruby. If their years of friendship had taught Ruby anything, it was that Dinky thought heavily on her studies. That mare had been focused on academics and nothing could deter her. Well...maybe one thing.

"Coming from the mare who overworked herself into stress sickness last year," chimed in Tootsie Flute.

An angry blush brightened Dinky's face as she waved a hoof in the air, "Could you not remind me, please? Uhg. Derpy would not leave my side the entire time. I'm not a kid anymore, I can take care of myself."

Ruby giggles, "Your sister was just showing concern for you. Now, I don't know about you three but I'm ready to grab some grub."

So the trio of friends nodded and made their way into the cafeteria. After grabbing lunch trays and setting their belongings on their table, the three sat and discussed their school schedules, with most of them having free periods in the later hours. "Ruby, I heard your aunt is going out on explorations now," Tootsie chimed, "is that true?"

"Mmhm! She's been itching to travel since foalhood. So our moms decided to gift her a travel fund last year for her graduation," Ruby agreed.

"Well, maybe she would be willing to let Dinky tag along."

Ruby snorts, "Mmhm! Her and you know who~"

"Hey, would you two sto-"

A flash of orange stopped the mares in their tracks and the elongated plastic seat Ruby sat on vibrated as Scootaloo crashed down, and snatched a hoof-full of grapes and tossed them into her mouth. "Sorry to interrupt-" Scootaloo lied, "but mind if I join you three?" Ruby giggled softly and looked over to her friends; Tootsie looking over the two endearingly while Dinky looked disapproving.

"I guess..." Dinky said reluctantly, "but don't you have your own friends to bother?"

"Sure I do, but I just wanted to say good morning to my lil firework," Scootaloo gently nuzzled Ruby's cheeks. Ruby blushed and Dinky gagged at the gentle display.

"You two are a-shoeing to win prom king and queen," awed Tootsie.

"That's the plan," laughed Scootaloo.

"Uhg, is that all you think about?" Dinky continued, "there are more important things to worry about. Like, say, our future?"

"Well, maybe if you had somepony you wouldn't be so uptight all the time," Scootaloo refuted. Dinky simply rolled her eyes and continued their conversation despite their intruder.

Author's Note:

This story will consist of switching points of view; however no need to worry! It will be stated who's side of the story we are seeing within the first paragraph. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my tale.