• Published 11th Oct 2022
  • 1,010 Views, 20 Comments

The Sole Survivor Needs Friendship. - CommonDash



Nora gave up. She lost her husband… she lost her son. The world had ended.

  • ...
3
 20
 1,010

Shining Armor

“Captain get up!” A Pegasus shouts

Shining rolled out of his bunk still visibly tired.

“This had better be good Flying Sword, or you will be getting PT.” Shining growls out.

“Celestia is summoning you, as in right now.” Sword says

“She has yet to raise her sun why would she need me this early?” Shining says getting up.

“A case of foal napping.” Sword says

Shining is up and his armor is flying across the room toward him as the stallion is running out of the door.
===================
Celestia was sitting at a table with Steel Gem and Luna.

“I still can’t believe that family would do that.” Celestia growls

“I can’t believe how lax their security was.” Steel mutters

“That tis to be expected from the captain of the night guard.” Luna says proudly

The double doors burst open as Shining armor marches in with a rather serious case of bed head.

“That is the best you got?” Steel says cold reading the stallion.

Celestia glances at the Thestral.

“Yes he is? Is everything alright?” Celestia asks

“I guess I can’t expect the warriors that once were anymore can I?” Steel says

“I feel like you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover.” Shining says

“Captain Armor, surely you can come up with something better than paraphrasing your sister.” Steel says

Shining laughs openly.

“I walked right into that one! Ha! I like you already. Just you wait till I’m fully awake you’ll see I can give it as good as I get.” Shining says with a bright smile

Steel smiles happy the stallion could take a joke.

“I feel that a spar is in order once we sort out this unpleasantness.” Steel says

The two princess watch the captains of their respective guards get along rather well.

“That sounds like fun.” Shining says

“I would say it’s a date however I don’t think your fiancé would appreciate that.” Steel says her smile growing

Luna and Celestia look at the captian of the solar guard with a questioning look.

“What?” Shining shouts his relation ship with Cadance was well hidden. Not even Celestia knew about it.

“I can’t wait to see another Royal wedding. I’m probably the last person alive that remembers when these twos parents got married .” Steel says pointing at Celestia and Luna.

“What is this about a Royal wedding?” Celestia asks genuinely curious.

“We can talk about that after we take care of those foal napping nobles.” Steel says with much more spite than a pony should be able to muster.

“Great idea! Captian Steel.” Shining says a little nervous of the Theastral in front of him.

“We will be discussing this in the future. I can’t believe you are getting married sister.” Luna says

Steel ignores everything and rolls a really detailed map of Canterlot out on the table.

“Where did you get that?” Celestia asks

“Trade secret.” Steel says knowing she copied the map that was on her Pip-Boy.
======•••================
The sun rose two hours late. The ponies who woke up to a dark sky panicked a little bit especially since the Solar Guard were running around the city like crazy.

It wasn’t until several hours later that the news came out.

A noble house had been dissolved and the ponies that leached off the achievements of their ancestors found themselves in the Canterlot dungeon.

Though that news was later overshadowed by the return of the night guard and the first theastral seen in nearly 400 years. The news of the sparing match between the thestral and the captain of the day guard to take place tomorrow was drawing a crazy amount of attention.
======================
While the city was experiencing chaos Steel was sound asleep in Luna’s hoofs.

The night princess insisted on it and Steel ended up being the little spoon.