• Published 27th Apr 2022
  • 497 Views, 7 Comments

The Immortal Apple - Partycannon_



Apple Bloom looks back through her rotting mind to remember her past.

  • ...
2
 7
 497

Chapter 3: Where New Memories Were Made


Where New Memories Were Made


It was a bright and sunny day, the air was nice and warm but Apple Bloom didn't feel it as she trotted in circles in front of the club house. She slowly calmed her breathing as she came to a conclusion, she stood firm as she opened the door. Her two friends were relaxing on some bean bags as they looked to Apple Bloom in curiosity.

"Girls, Ah have something important to say," Apple Bloom trotted inside, closing the door behind her and closing the curtains as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both look to each other.

"Whatever it is, we got you're back Apple Bloom!" Scootaloo turned to her in a smirk.

"Yeah, whatever it is!" Sweetie did the same as she sat up.

Apple Bloom breathed in and sighed as she turned to the group. "Ah am a zombie pony... Or somethin close to it anyways," Apple Bloom cringed.

"WAIT, really? That is... AWESOME!" Scootaloo shot out of the bean bag as her tiny wings kept her hoovering.

"That's so COOL! Wait but you don't eat pony brains do you?" asked Sweetie as she put a hoof over her mouth.

"Nah, Ah uh, haven't been hungry sense I turned into one... Wait ya two ain't mad?" Apple Bloom took a hoof step back.

"Why would we be mad?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Oh can you show us, or like do a zombie trot or something!" Scootaloo beamed.


Apple Bloom deep in a cave stared into a crystal with a wholehearted smile as she remembered the past. The Guide looked into the crystal as well.

"I can tell that this memory means a lot to you," the Guide spoke.

"Its one of mah happiest memories, the day that Ah told mah friends and they accepted me for who Ah am," Apple Bloom smiled.

"I'm sure you know this but you need to be reminded. Bad things can turn into good things, and the two can be changed interchangeably when taking the right perspective. Also we have already seen a few good memories here, it seems that most of them comes from you're friends and family while others came from hard challenges you overcame, you are aware that this memory covers both," the Guide looked to Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, yeah, and friendships also take a lot of hard work too. Listen there isn't a need for ya to say all that, it ain't going to matter anyways," Apple Bloom trotted forward.

"Apple Bloom, if you wish to-"

"Guide, lets say Ah make a friend, somehow its just as amazing as mah friendship with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, what happens then? AH AM JUST GOING TO WATCH THEM DIE!" Apple Bloom pointed her hoof at the Guide.

"You enjoy you're time with them and when the time comes you make sure they are remembered," the Guide answered.

"But, but Ah am just going to get hurt again," Apple Bloom looked unsure.

"Apple Bloom let me ask you a question: If you could remove all of you're pain and suffering but in return forget about Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, would you take it?" the Guide asked.

"Of course not.." Apple Bloom looked away.

"Then what makes you think that you won't feel the same about future friends?" The Guide's voice became distant.

Apple Bloom looked back just to realize that she was at the entrance of the cave and the Guide was nowhere to be found.


Apple Bloom sat down near the entrance of the cave, she removed both of her cutie marks and held them in her hooves. She looked out at the sceneries and took it all in as she thought.

"Sweetie Belle... Scootaloo... Ah want to see you two again... What, what do ya want me to do?" Apple Bloom whispered into the air. "Ah wish yawl could give me a sign..."

Ugh, "Come on ya stupid thing," came from down the path out of sight.

Apple Bloom put her cutie marks in her bag as she got up to satisfy her curiosity. She peered down the path to see a mare in her mid teenage years as she tried pushing up a wheel barrel full of random objects. Apple Bloom ran down and started helping.

Ugh, "Why are," Ugh, "You pushing a wheel barrel up a path?" Apple Bloom asked as she practically moved the wheel barrel up to the opening by herself.

Phew, "Thank you little filly. Ah came up here to figure out somethin' and I didn't know what I needed to tempt the Cave of Memories!" the teenage mare was a light orange and had a very familiar hat, she also had a collection of apple slices as her cutie mark.

"Were did ya get that hat by chance?" Apple Bloom asked as the mare dug through her wheel barrel.

"Family heirloom, passed down through generations. Required a bit of a touch up," she answered then started to look unsure as she looked to Apple Bloom. "Hey, why is there a strong filly up here by the Cave of Memories?" she frowned.

"You're a little young to be up here too," Apple Bloom pointed to the mare.

"Well there is somethin' Ah want to know and Ah'm about to find out," the mare smiled.

"What is it?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Back on the farm there is a pear tree and an apple tree that are entangled, we don't know how it got there or how they have lasted this long. Usually apple trees only live around fifty or so years," the mare answered as she continued to dig.

"Why are ya up here then, this cave only shows you're memories," Apple Bloom said.

"Darn, really? There is a clubhouse on the farm and one of them books mentioned this place, Ah thought for sure Ah could figure it out here.." the mare frowned.

"Hey... Is you're name Apple Slice?" Apple Bloom smirked.

The mare looked at Apple Bloom in confusion, "Uh, how'd ya know that?"

"Let's head back to Ponyville," Apple Bloom started pushing the wheel barrel down.



Author's Note:

I asked myself: 'If I am going to one day die, then why does anything matter?' and well I found an answer, not one that everyone would agree with and certainly not one that applies to everyone. I asked the same question but from a different perspective.

I found that I was forcing myself to not talk about things that I liked, and not to enjoy things that I liked, however I don't really care much anymore. I let go of something that held me back, the ability to just have some fun and stop thinking so much about media and things that I enjoy with such a negative lens that there was nothing left.

I'm glad that I have a good friend group that when I told them that I liked this nerd thing called MLP that they accepted it and agreed to help with my writing in one way or another. Most fun things are cringy aren't they?


Other then the Royal Guards in my other story this is my first Original Character I made. I usually try my best and use actual characters in the show but for obvious reasons there isn't a lot that I can use in this setting. You'll get to see the personality I gave her next chapter and I genuinely enjoyed writing Apple Slice. I usually stay away from OCs whenever possible but I am starting to embrace it a little more the more I peer into the fandom.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. See yawl l8rs!