• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,120 Views, 55 Comments

Monster Inside - Penguin17203



Starlight's old collectables are delivered to Twilight's castle, among them is a dusty Starswirl The Bearded scroll. One that transports her into a different dimension.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,120

Increasing Dilemma

The monster launched itself onto Trixie, aiming for the girl's throat. She yelped, throwing her hands up in order to stop the walker from sinking it's teeth into her. Adrenaline rushing through her body, heart pumping like she was running a marathon, it was very difficult to keep the walker from coming any closer.

The monster had an abnormally tight grip, for something that was already rotting. It pushed her against the wall causing her to let out an "OOF!". Her grip on the walker was wavering, her arms growing tired and it was slowly edging closer and closer to her face...

Suddenly, there was a loud crack throughout the room and immediately after; the monster's face had exploded; it's contents, brain matter splattering all over the girl's face. It fell to the ground in front of her, the girl was paralyzed with fear, heavily shaking and breathing unsteadily.

It was dead... it was dead... . The walker laid there motionless, it almost killed her. She could've been killed... she just came close to dying! Almost eaten! The girl couldn't think straight, not with all that blood pumping.

"You okay?" She heard someone asked but she didn't turn to see who it was, didn't even care to find out.

"Trixie! Are you okay!? Are you hurt!?"

"You alright, sugarcube!?"

The girls all rushed over to the fear stricken magician. Starlight offered her hand but Trixie quickly flinched away from it. "Trixie, are you okay?" She gently asked, trying to soothe the girl's distress.

"Uh... guys," The pale man quietly muttered.

Trixie didn't answer. Well, more accurately she didn't have time to. There was something outside, something trying to break in. Everyone could hear the faint growls coming from the other side, scratching, clawing at the walls of the pharmacy; attempting to break in, eat whatever's hiding in pharmacy.

"There gonna get in-" The big old man said.

"Shut up!" The man with the cap whispered back, through gritted teeth.

Trixie's eyes were locked onto the door, dreading the possibility that more were coming. It wasn't really a possibility actually, there were more coming! Her heart was going haywire, she didn't know how much longer she had until she finally passed out like Fluttershy did.

Something became apparent, bangs and pops were suddenly heard outside along with guttural moans. A loud rattling, like a machine that was running. "Is that the military?" The dark man quietly inquired.

"Thank god for whatever it is."

It was like a sack of bricks had been lifted off of her chest, Trixie's breathing was slowly coming to order and the adrenaline was fading away.

"We almost died because of this bitch and her itchy trigger finger! That was stupid! That was-argh!" The old fat man tumbled over as he clutched at his chest.

"Trixie?" Starlight called, capturing her friend's attention. "Are you okay?"

The magician was silent as she took in everyone's expressions. Starlight, Applejack and Twilight all had concern written on their faces while Rainbow looked slightly angered. Pinkie and Rarity were nowhere to be seen, presumably they stayed near Fluttershy. "Okay? Okay? DO I LOOK LIKE I'M OKAY!? I ALMOST JUST DIED!" Trixie cried out causing them to flinch. "Do I look okay to you Starlight!? Huh!? You nincompoop!" The girl shoved her friend back.

"Alright, sugarcube just try to breathe alright? Try to relax." Applejack interjected, she completely understood the girl's outburst but she had to try and get her to calm down somehow.

"Do not tell me what to do, Applejack! I almost just got mauled and you're telling me to breathe!?" Trixie shot back.

"Is... everything okay here?" They heard a voice and turned. They saw a man who looked to be fairly young, slightly overweight, with a green shirt and short blonde hair.

"Yeah, everything's peachy now get'cher flank outta here."

"Rainbow!" Twilight harshly whispered to the wonderbolt.

"Well, I'm sorry Twi but I'm a bit peeved right now. Trixie almost died and honestly, I don't really care about being 'nice' at the moment." Rainbow casually fired back earning a frown from her friend.

"It's fine, I understand. Really, I get it. Your friend was in danger." The man apologetically said.

"Yeah, I was!" A thought came into the magician's head and she snatched the leather saddle bag from Twilight's hip. There was some resistance when she pulled it, looking down she saw the holster wrapped around the girl.

"What are you doing!?" Twilight exclaimed as she quickly grabbed her saddle bag.

Trixie didn't respond, instead the two girls engaged in a game of tug of war. The magician's grip was far stronger than Twilight's but the resistance of the saddle bag's holster was resilient. The magician dug her hand into the bag before whipping out the container that captured the scroll.

Applejack and Rainbow quickly stepped between the two girls. "What are you doing!?" Twilight exclaimed.

"Y'all need to calm down! Yer gonna hurt eachother!" The country girl answered.

"She has the scroll!"

"How the hay do you read this thing!?" Trixie interrupted as her eyes scanned the paper. "What does 'A simple birthday' mean!? What does it mean, Twilight!? Get us out, now!"

"What the hell're y'all hollerin' about!?" The man in the cap came over to the commotion. The group (the humans) were beginning to notice the argument and began listening in.

"It's none of your business!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"The hell it ain't! Y'all are makin' way too much noise and yer gon' bring those fuckin' walkers back on top of us!" The man in the cap fired back.

"Twilight, get us out of here now!" Trixie's voice was on the edge of a threat at this point.

"Hand over the scroll." Twilight simply said, holding out her palm.

"No! Tell us how to get outta here now!"

"Y'all ain't goin' nowhere, yer stuck here just like us!" The man wearing the cap said.

Twilight suddenly launched herself at Trixie in an attempt to get the scroll from her. In the midst of the scuffle, Twilight had gotten a hold of the piece of paper unfortunately for her, Trixie still had her gripped on it. Making one swift move, Twilight yanked the scroll from the magician's hand and an audible tear was heard.

Trixie paled as she stared at the scroll... well the top half of the scroll while Twilight held the bottom half. During their struggle, the scroll had been torn in half...