• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,120 Views, 55 Comments

Monster Inside - Penguin17203



Starlight's old collectables are delivered to Twilight's castle, among them is a dusty Starswirl The Bearded scroll. One that transports her into a different dimension.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,120

The Fall Of The Motor Inn

Immediately after firing the first shot, Trixie heard a whoosh followed by heavy impact in her shoulder as if a bull had rammed head first into her. She flew back, tripping over the extendable chair and fell off the R.V. Slammed into the concrete.

As Trixie attempted to push herself up, she yelped when a burning sharp sting shot through her shoulder. That was when she noticed the thin piece of wood in view. She looked down, her breath leaving her body as saw the arrow that was protruding out of her right shoulder. She stared in disbelief, her eyes wide open.

Using her other shoulder, she pushed herself into a seating position and crawled closer to the back of the R.V.

"Trixie!" Came a shout and Twilight appeared in her view, instantly noticing the arrow. "Oh dear..." she breathlessly muttered.

"Everybody get behind cover!" Kenny zoomed around the corner. "Shit, Trixie! Y'alright!?"

"Does it look like I'm alright!?" She gritted out, her hand clutching around her wounded shoulder.

"Alright, alright, fuck! Ah'm gonna try and get this thing up and runnin'! Y'all just stay behind cover! Twilight, you got a gun!?"

Twilight pulled out a standard pistol, not bothering to say anything before she took her place by the left corner of the R.V. Using the large vehicle for balance, Trixie slowly pushed herself up, her arm quivering heavily. Once she successfully stood up, she entered the vehicle and sat on the couch, letting out a sigh of relief.

Lee came out with a hunting rifle, taking position by the right corner of the R.V.

Hands shaking, breath twisted in irregular patterns, Twilight gripped the handle tightly before she popped out of cover and fired at the first thing she saw. A maskless bandit, bearded, middle-aged man climbing over the barricade.


Starlight slipped, sliding into cover as the whizzing of bullets and arrows flew past her head. She hoped the pile of junk she was hiding behind would act as cover but, reality would say otherwise. "Oh Celestia... s-s-shit!"

With an unwavering, immense amount of pressure in her chest, she reached down into the hem of her jeans only to find nothing. Eyes bulging out of their sockets, her hands felt around, a grim realization falling down on her. Her gun wasn't there.

"A-a-ah fuck!" She exclaimed. A few inches away in front of her, a small hole exploded in the ground causing her to flinch heavily.

She curled in on herself, making sure the rest of the debris covered the entirety of her figure. It wasn't going to last long, it was being ripped apart by everything that touched it. She'd have to make a run for it. The only thing she could see was the R.V. and a few other precarious things she could use as cover.

Problem was they were near the motel rooms, on the other side of the whole establishment. Opposed to where she was, near the barricade where the bandits were coming from. It would be suicide trying to run for any of them.

Twilight suddenly popped from around the corner of the R.V. with a pistol and fired a few shots.

Her mentor noticed her. "Starlight!?" As she called out to her student, an arrow shot past her and she fell back into cover.

The arrows and bullets that were keeping her company died down. She didn't want to take any chances however, she was not going to run back to the R.V. unless Twilight gave her the all clear.

A few moments later, Twilight emerged from the R.V. and fired a few more shots overhead. She lowered her gun, she appeared to be analyzing the area. "Okay, Starlight! You're okay, come on!" She gestured for her to run, keeping her gun lowered.

Starlight wasted no time and floored toward her mentor. Suddenly, her mentor's face plummeted and she raised her gun. "DOWN!" She shouted. She ducked, keeping her head low as Twilight fired a couple more shots. Starlight immediately jumped off the ground and sprinted the rest of the way, finally diving behind the R.V.

"Starlight, you okay!?" Twilight exclaimed, her gun lowered.

She nodded. "Yeah, yeah... I-I'm good." She held up her hands. "I don't have guns though, it probably fell out of my pocket when I fell."

Twilight gave a tremble nod. "Okay, okay, t-that's okay. Uh." She looked around before ushering over to the door to the R.V. "Just get into the R.V. Wait there for the time being."

"Alright, you'll be okay out here?"

"I'll be fine, Lee's got me covered." Twilight took her position by the corner once again.

Starlight nodded once more before piling into the vehicle.

Her eyes widened when her they landed on Trixie, more specifically, her pierced shoulder. "Trixie!?" She exclaimed, walking over to the built in sofa where her friend sat. She knelt down, her hands hovering over the arrow.

Trixie slapped her hand around Starlight's wrist. "Do not touch it!" She grunted out through gritted teeth.

"We're gonna have to get this thing out of you, Trix-."

"Yes, I know, Starlight! I know! I'm not stupid, you imbecile!" She shouted, nodding vehemently.

"Okay, alright." Starlight gave a series of nods herself when she looked over at the door to see Fluttershy coming in. She frowned, noticing her blood-soaked hands. "Fluttershy!?" She stood up to meet her. "You okay? You're hands..."

"I'm fine." The girl simply said, her face motionless.

"You sure? You don't look fine, you got blood all over your hands!"

"I said I'm fine." Fluttershy's eyes locked onto Starlight's unblinkingly and never straying away. She noticed the slow work of the usually-timid girl's jaw before relenting.

Fluttershy kept her gaze on the girl for a little while longer before she finally glanced outside past the windows. She observed the carnage, the bandits flooding in endlessly and ruthlessly; firing at everyone who happened to be within their sights.

Something else captured her gaze, multiple of them as they slowly trudged in and took the bandits by surprise. Sinking their rotten jaws into their flesh.


Rainbow fired her shotgun at the bandit, his chest exploding in a mist of red meat and liquid. She ducked into cover and repeated the same thing with next bandit. Over the excitement she was getting from the chaos, the pain in her leg completely subsided almost as if it were never there in the first place. "BRING IT ON, BITCH!" She roared.

"Rainbow, for Celestia's sake! Perhaps, you should calm down before you end up getting shot again!" Rarity exclaimed, leaning against the dumpster with a pistol in hand.

"ARE YOU KIDDING!? THIS IS A-FUCKING-MAZING!" Rainbow dove back into cover after she fired another shot.

"EXCUSE ME!?" Rarity exclaimed, her voice coming out close to a shriek.

"THIS IS FUN AS ALL HELL!" Rainbow let out a bellowing cry, it was mixture between a scream and laughter; her head shaking from side to side.

"You are not being serious! Have you completely lost your mind!?" Rarity flinched as an arrow sped past her head.

Rainbow scoffed, a small chuckle falling past her lips. "ARE YOU SERIOUS!? WHAT ARE YOU MAD AT ME FOR!?"

"This isn't a game, Rainbow Dash! This is real life! We are in a life or death situation and you're laughing as if this is some sort of-"

"Rarity, for landsakes, just shuddup and focus on the bandits! We can talk about this later!" Applejack shouted.

"Oh yes! Focus on the bandits meanwhile we've got a deranged sociopath right next to us!" Rarity peeked over the edge of the dumpster, just in time to see a walker grab one of the bandits from behind.

A mechanical roar echoed beneath the chaos and they glanced at the R.V. Soon after, Kenny came out. "EVERYBODY, LET'S GET FUCKIN' MOVIN'! INTO THE R.V.!"

"Go, I'll cover you!" Rainbow exclaimed, firing her shotgun once more.

"What do ya mean!?" Applejack scowled, taking a quick glance at the bandits. It seemed as though they had forgotten about the motor inn occupants entirely due to the oncoming herd of walkers. "Rainbow, they're distracted! Let's get movin'!"

"Just go then!"

"What the hell're you doin!? The bandits are distracted, Dash! Come on!"

"THEN GO!" Rainbow shouted, a scowl on her face and seemingly annoyed herself.

"Oh for landsakes, Rainbow!" Applejack grabbed Rainbow by the neck, pulling her along effortlessly as she ran toward the R.V. "Quit bein' so damn stupid! You tryin' to die or somethin'!? What in Tartarus is the matter with you!?"

Rainbow grunted but didn't respond. Soon enough, they made it over to the vehicle unharmed.

"You girls okay!?" Twilight asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Yeah, we're good... for the most part." Applejack replied before Rainbow and Rarity entered the vehicle.

Twilight nodded and stepped over to the door. "Okay, good. Let's go."

Lilly jumped in, seconds after they entered.

"Everyone here!?" Kenny loudly inquired, looking back from the driver's seat.

"Yeah, just go! Drive!" Lilly responded.

With no more warning, Kenny shifted the gear into reverse and backed up a few meters. Once satisfied with the distance, he slammed on the accelerator and rammed through the barricade; onto the road.

"Wait! Wait! Wait for me, please!" Pinkie Pie ran out into the open, abandoning her cover. "TWILIGHT!" She shouted, cupping her hands over her mouth to create an echo affect. Walkers had fully integrated in the motor inn, forcing her to stop in her tracks.

Not wanting to get bitten or injured by them, she backed up as those closest to her began to take notice. Those who were not already feasting on the bandits. She could technically take them on, being physically stronger than all of them, but she quivered in her shoes whenever she got close to one.

She could still hear cries of a couple of bandits as they were being consumed alive by the corpses around her. As the surrounding her began to get closer, Pinkie found herself pushed up against the wall of the motor inn; the inhuman growls of the walkers, their rotten vocal cords filling her ears as she found herself stuck in place. A sea of the dead was all she saw, the malnourished corpses plodded closer to her. Her mind filled with a black void, not knowing what to do.