• Published 1st Jan 2022
  • 1,585 Views, 7 Comments

Rainbow Dash Is Jealous! - GalaxySwirl22



It's New Year's Eve and Rainbow Dash finds out that Applejack has been in love with somepony. Now this wouldn't be a problem if Rainbow Dash didn't have a crush on Applejack.

  • ...
3
 7
 1,585

I'm Not Jealous!

Listen up!

So, I wouldn't call myself the jealous type, no way, okay, maybe sometimes, like when the whole mare-do-well thing happened, but I wouldn't call that being jealous. It's just that I get frustrated when somepony has something that I've wanted, now it's not about everything. Because, I have almost everything I've ever wanted.

I'm awesome.

I'm a wonderbolt, heh, I'll probably also be the captain someday.

And again, I'm awesome.

So, everything I've always wanted to have should be with me by now, right? Cause I'm Rainbow Dash, what other things could I possibly want other than being famous throughout Equestria and beyond, living my dream as a wonderbolt?

Well...I thought I had everything until I found out something about a specific best friend.

Now, I was just casually flying through Ponyville. That's when I saw Rarity near her boutique talking with Fluttershy. Don't tell them, but I like to overhear on their conversations secretly because they're interesting. Like, the other day I heard them talking about the mayor falling down some stairs and landing in a bucket of paint. Now that is hilarious.

So, that's what I was doing that day. Just listening to Fluttershy and Rarity, without them knowing, of course. And at first, their conversation was quite boring. It was about dresses and some other popular fashionistas, none of that really catches my attention. But just as I was about to fly off I heard them mention Applejack, which made me stop right in my tracks.

Now, I'm not a spy, I promise, except I might casually see what my friends are up to without them really knowing, but it's not spying!

Anyway, so, obviously that caught my attention, cause if it was something embarrassing they were gonna talk about, I would head straight up to Applejack and tell her that she'd been exposed and laugh at her, which would make her even more embarrassed and flustered, which I think is adorable.

Wait...don't tell anyone but, I might have a slight crush on Applejack, okay, I wouldn't say a slight crush, more like "I'd definitely be your girlfriend and I could ask you out anytime" kinda crush. And I had planned to ask her out, because I thought we had a thing going on for a while, ugh, up until Rarity said something about Applejack trying to find a present for her 'special somepony'.

I'm sorry, what?!

SPECIAL SOMEPONY?!

Applejack?

And she hadn't even mentioned anything about it to me! Cause when I heard that I had to pinch myself in order to make sure it wasn't a dream. Not to be dramatic, but it felt like a door slamming shut right in front of my face. And so, I guess I spent the rest of the day jumping on snow clouds in utter frustration.

Since when did Applejack have a special somepony?! And who was it? Having no answers to any of that drives me crazy. I should've gone to Applejack and questioned her about what I had heard, but I don't know, I guess I was just too annoyed to even think about that. I wasn't so sure she'd tell me anyway, why would she now? She could've before, and she didn't, so why now?

Wait. Now that I think about it again, Rarity and Fluttershy knew, but why would they know? Had Applejack told them and not me?

Did all my friends know about it except for me?!

Now this is definitely driving me crazy, and here I thought Applejack herself had said "You're probably my closest friend in our friend group" to me just yesterday. Now where in the hay did that statement run off to?

Since I basically had no answers about this situation, I had come up with a solution. I wouldn't make Applejack explain to me who her special somepony was because she wouldn't tell me. Instead, I was gonna find it all out myself!