• Published 26th Dec 2021
  • 172 Views, 0 Comments

A Freaky Hearth's holiday! - MLPkillers



Two fillies wanting to meet the santa pony, they stayed up 3 days from Hearth Warming, getting a scare...

  • ...
 0
 172

The Third Day! Decorative Joyful Fillies!

The fillies were having fun out in the snow; making snow ponies; launching snowball fights; it was a wonderful time. They all were good; they believed the Santa pony existed and were happy they were going to be on his good list. Some had their doubts but truth be told they were going to be on his good list. One family of four, two sisters were enjoying a cup of hot cocoa, enjoying every sip of it. They were wrapped up in a blanket at a safely secured fireplace; keeping their limbs a good distance from the fire. The crackling sound of the fireplace, the warmth of the blankets, and the flavor of the hot cocoa were enough to cheer even the gloomiest pony up. The two sisters decided to chat about the good and naughty list.

“So do you think you’re on the naughty list Charm?”

A gray earthpony filly asked with concern; feeling she was on the naughty list for something petite. She had yellow eyes, a normal length tail, and a mane; both in a fashion look; her mane was ponytailed and tail perfectly brushed. The color of the mane and tail was sky blue. She took a sip of her hot chocolate.

“I don’t think so Mint... Do you Charm?”

An earthpony filly with a similar mane and tail style asked. Mint’s mane and tail color was a little darker blue than Charm’s; the length of both her mane and tail was shorter than Charm’s mane and tail; she wanted to grow it out to the same length as Charm’s mane and tail. Mint’s eyes were a golden yellow, Charm withheld lime green eyes. Mint's coat was sky blue. Mint took a sip of her hot cocoa, taking pleasure in the taste as it went down her throat. Charm genuinely thought she was on the naughty list because of sneaking snacks at night. She thought maybe she confessed it she would be forgiven.

“I afraid I think I am...”

Mint remorsefully told her sister, who just smiled at her as she proceeded to take a sip of her hot cocoa. Why would mint be on the naughty list Charm thought; she didn’t seem to be the type to cause trouble. What’s she keeping from her?

“Mint, you aren’t on the naughty list, there’s no way, you never cause trouble, not to mention helping other fillies at school study. You’re no doubt on the nice list.”

Charm had a sporting smile. She hoped to sway Mint’s hopelessness away. She was a good pony and didn’t deserve to believe she’s on the naughty list; she knows she doesn’t do awful things, so why doesn’t Mint think she’s on the list for good fillies?

“Yes I am, I sneak snacks a lot for the past few months.”

The two fillies heard hoof steps, they were definitely separate by the sound of four hoof steps. It was their parents, they were the only other ponies in the home of course; they were setting decorations up in the living room. The sound of hoofs stopped, giving Mint a sorrowful scare. She felt bad for sneaking snacks in the middle of the night, but she knew she can’t put them back in their spots, she doesn’t remember all the spots each snack individually went but she could inference. She thought of repaying the snacks when she gets older than confessing. The parents didn’t look mad but they did look disappointed.

“It looks like we have to have secure places for the cookie jar...”

The mother said with a little giggle. Holding a hoof over her mouth to conceal the actual laughter. Mint felt a little comfort, but she knew her father was going to also respond to her; they definitely heard her confession; some part of Mint was scared they did; she was afraid they might yell at her and punish her. Her parents aren’t the type to yell at them, but they will give punishments if they make mistakes, such as stealing, that’s a mistake, shouldn’t have been done; the pony was led the wrong way.

“Yeah, we can’t have our angle being on the naughty list now can we?”

The father wasn’t angry, he looked the opposite actually. He seemed to have a smile; like he was glad Mint confessed her wrongs and feels bad about it; even if it’s because she doesn’t want to be on the naughty list. There will be no need for punishment.

“Sweetie, if you ever want a snack, just ask alright, I know the Santa pony heard your confession and sorrow.”

Mint frown slowly turned to a slight smile. Charm had a smile, if that’s what Mint was worried about, then she can rest assured; almost every filly in their life sneaks snacks; they after all are only listening to the manipulation of their stomachs and taste buds. Charm finishes her Hot cocoa, getting and making her way to the kitchen. The parents thought Charm might be in the same get-away boat.

“We’re not going to have to put the snacks up from you too right?”

The father asked Charm, who already put her cup in the sink since it was the glass; throwing it in would either break it or shatter it, and that’s naughty. Charm heard her father and with pride laughed.

“No father, I don’t sneak snacks, I usually ask. May I have one now? I’ll get one for Mint too.”

The mother smiled, she gave Charm a sign of yes. Charm walked back into the kitchen and grabbed four cookies, thinking of her parents also.

“See Mint, like Charm did, just ask one of us, alright?”

The mother told Mint with compassion; she remembered doing the same thing when she was her age, so it would be hypocritical if she shed her daughter for doing it also.

“I got the cookies, I also got one for you to mom and dad.”

Charm was kind at heart. The parents notice she had four, guessing she was going to split two with herself and her sister, but it looks like they were wrong, the father wasn’t going to accept a cookie, this was because he was obviously going to get some later when they are put out, the parents were hoofed the cookies, the father not accepting, he told Charm to give Mint the cookie to help her feel better, Charm smiled and hoofed Mint two cookies, the two sisters enjoyed the snacks, loving each bite. The mother enjoyed the cookies also, but she enjoyed the kindness more; they did well at raising their fillies so far and plan to keep the path clear for them; pure and successful.

“Thanks for the cookie sweetie, me and My father are going to go back to decorating the high places, we’ll let you know when we finished setting up the tree.”

The mother looked at her husband with a smile; indicating him to continue the decorations.

“Alright, you two have been good so far, so keep up the purity and Santa pony will be happy and proud.”

The father encouraged the sisters to be good with a smile, walking back into the living room with the mother following. They started decorating the fireplace in the living room; occasionally tending to the wall and ceiling.

“Didn’t I tell you you would still be on the good list?”

Charm giggled, she was right all along. Mint’s expression slowly turned to a smile. She grabbed her cup of cocoa and started to finish it, after she finished she placed it on the table, her cup empty of the tasty sugar beverage. She turned to Charm, finally able to hatch a smile.

“I guess your right, thanks for believing my purity.”

Charm smiled profusely. She always knew she and her sister were good. They were raised by good parents after all.

“You’re welcome, now that we know you are on the nice list, what do you want to do next?”

Charm thought of helping their parents decorate, she thought of the board games they could play if their parents want to decorate alone; wanting to surprise them.

“I guess something fun now, school is out for the meantime, so let’s enjoy it while we can.”

Charm thought of decorating first, wanting to aid their parents. It doesn’t hurt to see if they would let them? They both know they have to do later, but why not more?

“I guess we could ask mom and dad if we could help them decorate the living room?”

Mint thought at first it could be boring, but she second thought decorating could be fun; it could also be a way to make up for the snacks she stole.

“I guess, let’s go ask them.”

Mint smiled at Charm. They both got up, and headed to the living room, ready to ask if they could help decorate; they not only want to decorate but also help their loving parents. The two stopped at the entrance to the living room, hesitant and a tiny bit shy of asking. The father finished putting up the lights on the fireplace, turning around to get the decorations out of the box. He noticed the sisters. He already knew what they were doing, they want to help him and their mom decorate the living room, he looked at their faces and thought to himself; how could he say no to such faces. He walked towards them, asking what they were doing. The explanation was expected, the father sighed and told them they could put up the Hearth’s statues on the fireplace and table.

“Make sure to make it nice and neat, surprise your mother with toy decorative skills.”

The father was joyful, smiling at them and heading to the attic. He opened the door and climbed up the ladder. He had to be careful what he’s getting, it’s a little heavy and joyful. The sisters took the decorations out of the box, they started to brainstorm by placing them on the table, getting good ideas where they could go. The Hearth hut was in the middle of the table, as the small lights would go around the hut; the cotton would be placed outside of the house, two on the side and three on top of each other. They will use the buttons for eyes and small carrots as arms; they were going to make a decorative indoor snow pony.

“Anything else in the box Mint?”

Charm asked before deciding this was the final setup. Mint pulled her head out of the box, turning around with a small hat on her nose, she didn’t notice it.

“Nope, that’s all of it.”

Charm laughed, is Mint sure?

“Are you sure, look on your nose Mint...”

Charm giggled, placing two hoofs over her mouth to suppress the amount of laughter ready to burst out. Mint crossed her eyes, spotting the hat, she laughed also, leaning her head to Charm.

“Here you go Charm”

Charm grabbed the hat with a hoof and gently placed it on the snow pony. The two sisters took a look at the tables, feeling satisfaction. They both searched for Another box, their father also told them to decorate the top of the fireplace too. The sisters spotted a box on the right side of the fireplace, they made their way to it swiftly, taking a look inside of it; they saw more decorations, different ones but more. They again started to brainstorm where to place these decorations, finding the feeling. They placed the hearth statues in the back, the snow globe in the middle, lights on the outside of the top, and the two lighting up hearth huts on the right and left end sides. They stepped back and reviewed their work. They felt a little more satisfied with what they decorated at the table. They accepted the decorations placements both nodding and agreeing.

“Do you think mom would let us help her?”

Mint asked Charm, believing their mother would agree. Charm smiled; of course, she will as long if it doesn’t involve any risks.

“I know mom would let us help, I mean how could she refuse our faces?”

Charm giggled. The two fillies made their way to their mother to see if she wanted help, they found she already finished, so they guessed she’s good. The only question now is the tree.

“We were going to see if you would let us help you, but seems like you already finished.”

Mint smiled. The mother turned around to her daughters, with a joyful smile.

“And you did a great job decorating also mother.”

Charm closed her eyes and smiled. The mother climbed down from the ladder, stepping onto the floor. She took a look at the finished decorative walls, she then looked back to her fillies.

“I do have one more thing you both could decorate, your father went to get it.”

The fillies brainstormed what it was, another table? Maybe a gingerbread home? They didn’t care what it was they were going to decorate it perfectly. Charm bounced with excitement.

“What is it?”

“Yeah what is it?”

The fillies asked, really excited to decorate it. The mother smiled, they must’ve forgotten about the one thing that brightens up the living room and where the presents go.

“Your father went up to the attic to get it, he should be down shortly...”

The mother was a little nervous it would be longer than shortly. She hopes he will take caution and be careful. The fillies heard the sound of bushes as well as bulbs. They had an idea what he may be, but they wanted to see it for themselves; they made a quick run to the other room, spotting the attic was open and their father stepping down the steps slowly, they smiled seeing the decoration their father was carrying; they knew it would be coming soon, but not this soon.

“Is that the tree!?”

Both fillies asked in unison, excited to decorate what the father was carrying down, the father slowly took his final step to the ground, feeling the floor with his left rear hoof first, almost falling when his right hoof touched the floor; his eyeshot open with fear and disbelief he was going to fall with the tree. He thought of the decoration coming down and hitting the fillies, he regained his balance, his eyes focus on the decoration, as it was a threat; he didn’t forget it was a decoration, he cautiously put the decoration onto the floor, the branches shook, some old ornaments fell off, bouncing in various directions. The fillies managed to stop a few from bouncing; carrying a few to their father, who was catching his breath.

“We got some.”

The girls told their father with a joyful smile. The father smiled, removing himself from the ladder and closing the attic.

“I hope you two enjoy decorating the Hearth Tree.”

The fillies kept their smile. They wondered when they could decorate it; they thought they could do it together now.

“So are we allowed to decorate the tree now father?”

Charm had a confused look, but also an adorable face.

“Yeah, can we?”

Mint asked also asked, also wanting to decorate the tree. The father smiled and shook his head, giving them a yes. The father grabbed the bottom and some part of the top of the tree; picked it up, carrying it at his side, making his way to the living room, he knew exactly where this was going; he and his wife thought about it, it would go to the right of the chimney, that’s why they had to wake up early so they could clean it properly and remove some items so the tree could be placed there. The fillies followed their father to the location, both wondering where he was going to place the tree. Didn’t he have to ask their mother first, didn’t they both have to agree? The father placed it where he and his wife planned. He was careful, not wanting to damage the tree or the furniture by it. He managed to get it perfect. The fillies at first were worried, but they had faith their father was strong enough to keep the tree from causing damage to them or the furniture. The father took 5 steps back to take a look at the placement; he measured it by putting two hoofs in front of his vision, going from horizontal to vertical. He thought he did great.

“I go get the ornaments.”

The father walked past the fillies and back to where the attic was, why did he shut it, well it’s an attic and is somewhat dangerous to fillies, so he took caution. Mint and Charm brainstormed together, putting their heads together so they could make the best-looking choice; they didn’t have the decorations yet for the tree, but they still assumed it would include blubs, a star, and garlands.

“I handle the bulbs!”

Charm told Mint, excited to decorate the tree.

“I guess I have garlands then!”

Mint informed Charm, thrilled to decorate the tree. They reviewed the tree from all angles, stepping back and looking at it together, both shaking their heads in agreeance. The fillies heard their father coming down from the attic, running to the hallway to wait for him. They Saw a small box in his hoofs as he made his way down the ladder. Charm notice a shine from a golden bulb, pretty she thought. The father successfully climbed down the ladder, closing the attic with caution. He swiftly made his way to the living room, the box was a little heavy, so it’s best not to hold for too long. He placed it next to the duster on the table. The fillies followed him, acting confused at first.

“I go let your mother know I got the ornaments. I’ll see what she wants to do for dinner and dessert.”

The colt told his fillies. The fillies thought to themselves, are they making cookies, hearth cookies?

“Can we make cookies!?”

“Hearth cookies!?”

The fillies ask with a face that couldn’t be denied, the father knew he would have to ask their mother first, but he so wanted to give them a yes.

“I say yes, I go see what your mother says. You two enjoy decorating the tree.”

The father smiled at his daughters before heading into the kitchen where mom was, the father bet she heard all that. The fillies had a plan thought out for decorating; Charm will do the garland as Mint will do the bulbs. Mint grabbed the box and moved it closer to the tree, putting it gently on the floor. Charm was a little flustered but understood why she did it.

“You know I have to clean the bulbs first right Mint?”

Mint sighed, she knew her sister was going to dust the bulbs first, she rolled her eyes a little annoyed. Mint grabbed the box, putting it back on the table. Charm took the first bulb out, it was light blue, she dusted it off fast, hoofing it over to Mint, who then put it on the tree. Mint had a decorative plan; the red bulbs will go on top, as the order down will be: green, blue, and yellow. The two sisters worked with no flaws, the bulbs were dusted off well. Mint decorated well, things are going as planned for the two sisters. Mint finished, expecting to be hoofed over another bulb, but received a giggle instead.

“There’s no more, you decorated the tree with all of them.”

Charm smiled at her sister. Mint was a little sad and angry but decided to stay calm, she walked over to the position Charm was in, almost bumping into her, she was in a hurry to help Charm with the garlands.

“Before you hoof me the garlands, please shake them over the floor, remember what happened last Hearth’s Eve?”

Mint recollected her memories, remembering them clearly; she was sleeping on the couch in the living room, awoken from a sound of a thump, she thought somepony might’ve come down the chimney, forgetting it near Hearth Warming. She woke the family up, fearing a burglar was in the house when in reality it was just a metal train that fell from a garland that messed up the tree. Mint’s expression turned to an embarrassed anger expression, she was encouraged to do what Charm asked. Shaking the first garland roughly.

“Whoa, don’t shake them too hard Mint, if there is a toy in them, it would fly and possibly break something.”

Mint took a deep breath and calmed herself, Charm was right, if there is anything in the garlands, they would just fall after a period of shaking. Charm knew why she did that, afraid of what happened last year, she doesn’t blame her, she literally woke the whole house up because of a metal toy train.

“Alright...”

Mint started to slow her speed of shaking the garlands. She gave them to Charm who wrapped them around the tree, sometimes dancing on one hoof, spinning, and singing Winter Wrap Up. Mint was annoyed at first but knew it was a traditional thing to do; deep down inside some part of Mint wanted to sing along, but she ignore the urge to do so. The garlands were finished, the two sisters taking a look at the tree, they nodded their heads in agreement, they did a great job. They guessed their parents will decorate the lights and star on top.

“Well, I guess mom gets the star?”

Mint disagreed, it was dad who put the star on top last year, not Mom.

“No, I believe dad is going to put the star on top and mon is going to decorate the tree with lights.”

Charm disagreed, every Hearth Warming they switch up roles. Charm decided not to start an argument, she giggled.

“Yeah, maybe you’re right?”

Charm walked over to the box, emptying it over the floor, lots of dust fell to the ground, she knew dad was going to clean the floors later with the vacuum, so she decided to check the box for any more ornaments by dumping it, she notices a tree ornament on the ground, she picked it up and hoofed it to Mint, she was a little confused what Charm was doing, she thought the box was empty after the garlands. Mint smiled at Charm, putting the decoration in the middle of the blue and red bulb, it fit perfectly.

“Well, we did it.”

Charm and Mint’s ears perked up when they heard their names called, it was their father, who was calling them into the kitchen. The fillies were excited, thinking it’s time to make cookies, but they forgot about dinner.

“Do you think mom agreed!?”

“I hoped she did!”

The fillies ran into the kitchen, leaving the box on the ground. The fillies stopped at the kitchen entrance, spotting dinner ready on the table. It was a stew, one they had for sure, it smelled delightful.

“Tonight we are having my specialty, Hearth Warming Stew!”

Their mother declared, indicating that fillies to come in and sit down at a seat. The two were shortly disappointed, but they did love mother’s stew, they smiled. Mint went in and sat in the right seat of the table, by her father. Charm sat in the left seat, by her mother. They both knew this soup will be great and full of delicious flavor.

Author's Note:

Happy Hearth Warming! Holiday Specialty!