• Published 20th Dec 2021
  • 644 Views, 13 Comments

A Loving Bond - GoodVibeWolf



Izzy Moonbow feels lonely on a cold and rainy night. She aims to make at least one friend.

  • ...
1
 13
 644

A Growing Bond

“So, Alphabittle? Where is your house? Is it also in a tree? Or maybe a cave? Or maybe a-,”

“A tree,” Alphabittle cut Izzy off. “I think you’re going to like it.”

Izzy was excited. It had been so long since she had slept with proper shelter, especially with another pony. “Ooh! Sounds cool! You know, I was thinking, when I get back on my hooves and find a home, I’m going to live in a tree too!”

Alphabittle smiled. “Is that so?”

“Well, any place would suffice, but I’d like it to be a tree! And, if it’s big enough, I could store so many crafts, too! Did you know that I like to craft things? I even made this bracelet with different colored crystals!” Izzy said with a grin as she held up her hoof to reveal the jewelry.

Alphabittle was amazed. Izzy had such a talent for making things apparently! He could tell that the bracelet had taken a good while to make, because it had smooth edges and even sizes for each bead.

“Oh wow! I didn’t know you were the crafting type, Izzy! I think, if you do decide to live in a tree, and if you find a vacant one, you should make more arts and crafts.”

The duo kept walking in the rain while Alphabittle held the umbrella in his hoof. They had finally reached his house, which was quite large, indeed. Izzy could see that it was well maintained and that Alphabittle took care of his garden. There were so many flowers! And colors! The brightness of the home nearly matched Alphabittle’s now bright blue sparkle. Izzy could also see that his luminescence had gotten significantly brighter since he started talking to her.

“Well, we’re here. You like it?” Alphabittle said.

Izzy looked astonished at the decor and the colors. “It’s beautiful!” She said with awe.

“And it’s also where you’re sleeping tonight.”

Izzy’s ears drooped.

“I appreciate it. Really, I do. But it’s too much! I would just feel like a burden,” She said.

Alphabittle put his hoof on Izzy’s shoulder and smiled.

“It’s cold tonight, and rainy. I couldn’t even imagine leaving a pony out in this if I can let them stay with me. You wouldn’t be a burden. Okay?”

Izzy suddenly ran up and hugged her new friend. Her only friend.

“Let’s go inside now. I’ll show you your room for the night,” Alphabittle offered.

“Okay!” Izzy exclaimed.

The inside of the house was large and comfortable. There were cube puzzles, books, teacups, and even a dancing game! Alphabittle had so many fun things to play with! Izzy immediately ran up to the dancing game and asked how it worked.

“Ooh, ooh! Can I turn this on?!”

Alphabittle cocked his head and gave a devious smile.

“This, my little pony, is what I use for extreme games. If you want to play it, you have to compete with me! Deal?” He said with an outstretched hoof.

Izzy looked a little more interested now. “Deal!” She put her hoof on his. “I love games!”

Before Alphabittle could respond, he heard a low rumble. He gasped.

“Zeus! God of thunder! HE HAS AWAKENED!!” Alphabittle said with a great amount of fear as he ran in place with short breaths.

“No. It’s just my stomach,” Izzy replied as she looked down at her stomach, “I am a bit hungry.”

Alphabittle sighed in relief.

“Oh. Well, before we compete, let’s get you something to eat.

“I had a couple of apples a little bit before I saw you. I guess it didn’t fill me up,” Izzy said.

“You know, I think it’s time for a snack anyway. Let’s go to the kitchen,” Alphabittle said.

The two ponies walked in to Alphabittle’s kitchen. Alphabittle directed Izzy to the table and told her to sit while he made something to eat.

“So, what do you like? Haycakes? Grass? Regular hay?”

Before Alphabittle could continue, Izzy had a sudden thought.

“Oh! What about Grinded Pony Hooves?”

Alphabittle gaped at her remark. “G-Grinded Pony what?”

“Grinded Pony Hooves! It’s a new kind of cereal. And believe me, they are sooo good!” Izzy smiled.

“W-What are they made of?”

“Oh, you know, lard, butter, chopped up organic hooves, a little bit of milk. Why?” Izzy asked innocently.

“How about we eat something a bit more, traditional?” Alphabittle asked hesitantly.

Izzy shrugged, “Okay! I think I’ll have, um, some hay. Do want me to make it?”

“No, you just rest there. Plus, I know what I want.”

A few minutes later, while Izzy was sitting at the table playing with a marble excitedly, Alphabittle came over with some roasted hay for her and a plate of sliced cucumbers for himself.

“Is that hay roasted? I’ve never thought to try it that way!” Izzy said inquisitively as she looked at the plate.

“Yup. And I’m going to snack on some cucumbers while you eat. And afterwards, we’ll play the game.”

Izzy immediately dug in. Wow! I was really hungry! “Thanks again.”

When Izzy and Alphabittle were done eating, Alphabittle directed her to the game again.

Alphabittle had a cocky grin on his face, “So, you dare compete against the master of dancing? Well, I’m just going to warn you, it’s not going to be easy! I’ve practiced for years.”

Izzy looked at the machine, then at Alphabittle. She donned a tough grin. “It is on! So, how do you play?”

“You just have to put your hooves on the flashing horseshoes. They will flash along with the music. So, you ready?” Alphabittle asked.

“Uh huh! Let’s dance!”

Ding!

Alphabittle looked shocked. He lost?! Izzy just stood there with a smile as she panted her tongue and sweat.

“So, you’re more capable than I thought. Good game.” Alphabittle said in shock.

Izzy chuckled, “Thanks! That was fun! Can we do it again?”

Alphabittle reached his hoof up to his chin to think.

“Let’s see, since you now know how to play, let’s spice things up a bit. If I win, I will give you something, and vise versa.”

Izzy looked around herself and gave a small frown.

“Oh, I didn’t bring anything. Wait, I do have my bracelet!” Izzy hesitantly hoofed over her bracelet.

“I think we have a deal,” Alphabittle said.

Izzy and Alphabittle were neck and neck. The music seemed to last forever due to how long they had tied. However, Izzy slowly began to rise in the leaderboard. She would win! She just knew it.

Ding!

Izzy gasped excitedly as Alphabittle scowled.

“I won! Ohmygosh! That was so fun!” Izzy said excitedly.

“Yeah. Fun. Hehe, kid, you’re a good dancer. Anyway, is there anything in particular you want? I have a whole drawer filled with trinkets and such.”

Izzy looked in the drawer and thought for a moment. Then, she smiled as she picked up a pretty pink crystal.

“Ooh. Thanks Alphabittle!”

Alphabittle gave back Izzy’s bracelet.

“You earned it, kid.”

Izzy smiled at him and put it back on her own hoof. Alphabittle yawned, “It’s about time to hit the hay. Wanna be good and rested since I’ll be giving you a house tour tomorrow.”

Izzy grinned, “Okay! I can’t wait to see how many fun things you have!”

Suddenly, a thought came back to Alphabittle. He had forgotten to ask earlier. With a sigh, he asked Izzy.

“Izzy, why were out there alone? I’m sure your family would have allowed you to stay with them. You’re still a child.”

Izzy shifted uncomfortably in place. She sat down on a chair and asked him to, as well. Alphabittle hesitantly agreed.

“W-what made you ask that?” Izzy asked nervously.

“You shouldn’t be out there alone. It can be dangerous, especially at night. You do know that that’s when the Jinxies come out, right?”

Izzy nodded. She didn’t really believe in the Jinxies, but she agreed that it was still dangerous to be out at night. She didn’t have to tell Alphabittle that, though.

“I know,” she started, “But I don’t really have a choice.” She sighed. “The truth is,” she paused, “I don’t have a family. I never even knew my parents.”

There was a long silence. Alphabittle just stared in complete shock as Izzy looked away uncomfortably.