• Published 22nd Dec 2021
  • 813 Views, 3 Comments

The Last Cleanup - Harrison Sparrow



A devastated and homeless Sunny abandons her friends and meets two new unicorns: Lily Heartshoe and Carter Wrenchbox.

  • ...
2
 3
 813

1. Reunion Celebration

Ever since she was a filly, Sunny Starscout always believed that earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi were meant to be together in harmony. Now 16 years old, Sunny tried once again to tell all other earth ponies that fear is not their friend and that they didn't need any "Canterlogic junk" to protect themselves. But no matter how many times she tried, they never believed in her, especially Hitch Trailblazer, who always stopped her from doing the same old thing. Hitch told Sunny that he was the only friend she got left in Maretime Bay, and that hit Sunny so hard, she thought of giving up... until a 'magicless' unicorn came to town, known as Izzy Moonbow! The town was so freaked out, Sunny had to get Izzy to her home for safety. When they managed to escape Hitch and Sprout, Sunny and Izzy travelled miles and miles to find out what truly caused the disappearance of the unicorns' magic, and they quickly became close friends. They end up in Zephyr Heights, where they find out that all the pegasi were unable to fly without magic. Meeting the royals of the city, Queen Haven and her daughters, Pipp Petals and Zipp Storm, Sunny and Izzy tried to introduce themselves with a friendly attitude, but Haven strongly disapproved of them, fearing that they were a threat to the Royal Jubilee. However, Zipp doesn't see that, and she becomes friends with Sunny and Izzy after freeing them from the city's prison. Fearing for Sunny's safety, Hitch leaves Maretime Bay to bring her back and arrest her, which angers Sprout, thinking that everypony loves Hitch more than him. Phyllis, Sprout's mother, decides to hand him the position as the town's 'temporary' sheriff, and Sprout felt so excited, he thought his childhood dream of becoming a sheriff has finally come true. Back at Zephyr Heights, Zipp tells Sunny and Izzy that she, Pipp and Haven were faking their flying, and that she's sick and tired of living that ridiculous lie. Then, Sunny discovers that they need to gather the two crystals together in order to bring back Equestria's magic and bring all pony-kind together in harmony again. First, they had to get the crystal from Haven, which Zipp thought was tricky, as her mom never takes her crown off. Coming up with a plan, Zipp acts natural for her sister's performance, whilst Sunny and Izzy sneak into the castle. Pipp performed her song in front of her fans, whilst Sunny and Izzy worked together to steal Haven's crystal. But when Hitch arrived, their cover was already compromised, and the royals' fake flying was exposed to the public, causing Haven to be arrested whilst Sunny, Izzy, Hitch and Zipp escape. Having acquired the first crystal, Pipp agreed to help the others find the last one in Bridlewood. Along the way, Hitch saw a new light and decided to befriend the two pegasi and Izzy. The others find out that the second crystal was being stored by a professional unicorn named Alphabittle. With a unicorn disguise, Sunny challenged Alphabittle to a special dancing competition, putting both crystals on the line. Sunny managed to win, only to accidently reveal her true identity to the unicorns. Hitch gets them all jinxed, and they all got away with both crystals. Haven somehow got away from her arrest, and she reconciled with her daughters. Alphabittle, Haven, the pegasi and unicorns fight over each other, but Sunny told them that there was no magic, making them finally realize. Sunny and Izzy put the two crystals together, hoping that magic would come back... but they didn't work. Heartbroken and dejected, Sunny returned the crystals to Haven and Alphabittle, heading back to Maretime Bay with Hitch and abandoning her friends. Whilst Sunny was packing her childhood toys away, she suddenly discovered that there was a third crystal inside the lamp that her dad made, and that there was also a secret frame that connects all three crystals. With her hope regained, Sunny raced to tell Hitch the good news, but they saw that the entire town was turned to Sprout's side, and that he was planning to attack the other pony races with his war machine. Reconciling with her friends, as well as Haven and Alphabittle, Sunny, Izzy and Pipp race into the lighthouse to connect the crystals, but Hitch, Zipp and Phyllis struggled to stop Sprout as he was crashing into the lighthouse and destroying it. Sunny and Izzy managed to connect all of the crystals on the frame, but they still failed to do anything. The tower crumbles, and Sunny's home was all in ruins. When it seemed that all hope was lost, Sunny realizes that all pony-kind had to put aside their differences and accept friendship. Having done that, the crystals glow and transformed Sunny into an alicorn, restoring Equestria's magic and bringing harmony back to all pony-kind.


Hours later after magic and harmony were restored across Equestria, the earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi gather together to attend Pipp's special performance at the newly restructured Canterlogic, which now makes special equipment for all pony-kind.

"Earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns! Are we all ready to soar through the sky?! Please welcome my daughter, and our new pop sensation, PIPP PETALS!!" Haven said with excitement.

"WOO-HOO!!!" Pipp said, as she comes out flying around the factory. This time, there where no strings attached, and the crowd cheered with excitement, including Sunny, Izzy, Hitch and Zipp. "Hello, everypony! Shall we dance?!"

"WE LOVE YOU, PIPP!!!"

Pipp began performing her song, both in the air and on stage. The crowd danced with her and she put on an amazing show. A show that her fans will never forget. Pipp took a bow in advance. "Thank you so much for coming tonight! And a huge shoutout to the Pippsqueaks!"

The spotlight shined on the Pippsqueaks, who are Pipp's biggest fans, and they screamed with joy. "PIPP, PIPP, HOORAY!!!!"

"Before I go, I also want to say a huge 'thank you' to a new friend of mine. She always believed that all pony-kind were meant to be friends in Equestria, and she made her dream a reality. Give it up for Sunny Starscout!!"

Sunny gasped with delight as the spotlight now shined on her, and everypony cheered. "Pipp!"

"Oh, and that's not all, as I have some exciting news to share with you." The crowd gasped as they all feel excited. "Ever since I made that song, which you loved so much, I always wanted to make a hit album. And that's exactly what I'm going to do!!" The crowd cheered for her once again. "I love you, guys! And goodnight!"


At the backstage, Pipp returned to her friends, who were so proud of her performance.

"Hey, Pipp!" Sunny said. "That was so amazing, I can't believe you even mentioned me!"

"Thanks, Sunny!" She and Sunny embrace each other.

"Admit it. You made history." Hitch said proudly.

"You rocked that stage tonight, sis." Zipp said. "You really are a hero."

"Couldn't have said that better myself, Zipp."

"Ooh, who's up for some pizza?!" Izzy said, as she brought out a box of cheesy pizza.

"Oh, yes!"

"It's my favorite!"

"Oh no, it's MY favorite!"

"OUR FAVORITE!! *laughing*"

They all took a slice each from the box. Sunny was the first to eat hers. "Mmm-hmm, nice choice, Izzy."

"I know, right? Cheese and tomato are always the best!"

"Can't argue about that. This always puts a sheriff in a real good mood." Hitch said, but some critters next to him were begging for a slice. "Really? You all want a slice?"

"Hey, where's Mom? Is she busy all of a sudden?" Zipp asked, but she spoke too soon, as Haven immediately arrives with Phyllis to congratulate Pipp.

"Zephyrina!" Haven shouted.

"I take that back..." Zipp said through her teeth, feeling awkward.

Haven giggles at the remark. "No, no need to do that, my smart princess. Who's the star of the show!?"

"Mi-mi-miiiii!" Pipp said in singsong.

"Ha-ha-haa! Yes!" She and Pipp hug. "I'm so proud of you, lil' Pippy."

"Thanks, Mom. I couldn't have done it without the support of my friends. Especially you." Haven smiles lovingly at her, nearly shedding a tear. "Oh, and I have a little gift for you."

"Ooh, what is it?!"

Pipp reveals the gift: a special crown for her mom that Izzy made. "Courtesy of my friend, Izzy, a brand new crown for our number-one queen!"

"Ta-daa!"

Haven gasps, and is at a loss for words. "It's... it's..."

"Precious!"

"Oh, of course!" Haven puts it on her head. "And it's a picture-perfect fit! Oh, I love you so much."

"Love you too, Mom."

"Ah, you and Zipp both deserve a hug."

"Oh, c'mon, Mom..." Zipp said.

"Don't be shy, Zipp, go ahead! You deserve it!" Sunny said.

Zipp inhales deeply. "Gotcha! *chuckles*" She wraps her wings around Pipp and Haven. "No doubt this was the best night ever."

Alphabittle was talking to Izzy about the pizza she was having. "So, I heard you were having pizza tonight." He said.

"Oh, we sure did, Alphabittle! It was cheese and tomato."

"What?! C'mon, Izzy, that was my pizza!"

Izzy felt ashamed. "Aww..."

"Nah, I'm kidding!" Alphabittle laughed.

"Ah, you really got me there! Ooh, but if you're really desperate for one, there's one more box over there!"

"*gasps* BINGO!" Alphabittle said, as he ran off to get the last box. "NOPONY TOUCH THAT PIZZA!! IT BELONGS TO ME!!!"

Sunny chuckled at Izzy, and Phyllis approached her side.

"Hello there, Miss Starscout."

"Oh, hey, Miss Cloverleaf. Quite a show it's been, right?"

"Ah, it was splendid! All the special effects, the lighting, I've never seen a performance like that in my entire life!"

"Yeah, and can you believe that Pipp mentioned me?!"

"That's even better! And so is the re-branding of Canterlogic, thank you very much."

"You know, I'm glad you decided to make special equipment for pegasi and unicorns. That's an amazing idea."

"And I'm so glad you proved us all wrong. Everypony is making so much friends now, all because of you. Your father would be so proud."

"Thank you. This is the way it should always and forever be."

"*sigh* Well, I better get home now. Don't wanna be late for another big, happy day tomorrow."

"Yeah, me too. Good night, Phyllis." Phyllis walks away and out of the factory. "*sigh* I wish you could see all of this with me, Dad." She said in a soft voice, and she turns around to leave Canterlogic and head home.