• Published 29th Jul 2021
  • 1,524 Views, 69 Comments

To Equestria And Beyond (Rewrite In Progress) - NightFurySpeedey8156

  • ...
21
 69
 1,524

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: Game Time!

For Night Fury with the help of Wind Breaker and Swiftly Singer, they could not have anticipated achieving so much so far. Despite the odds they were able to finish a great deal of the games. His two pony teammates promised to cheer him on in the next race.

For Fury though, the day after the race there was no time for dancing and songs. For now instead of land he would now have to look to the air.

"So Cadence, what is this game gonna be like?" Rainbow asked while accompanied by the four contestants.

"This next event is the Ariel Relay. This is where your flying skills are going to be pushed to their limits." Cadence said. "So basically you will have four laps to run through. Remember not to go too high or too low and stay within the designated area or you'll be disqualified. You understand?"

"Yep! Sounds awesome! Ya hear that whiskers, you're gonna have to stretch out those wings again." Rainbow said to the feline behind her.

Fury gave a deep breath. "Yeah, it sounds… cool."

"Is there something the matter?" Fluttershy asked.

"YEAH! You usually are eager and confident!" Bulk Biceps said.

"Well, I have gotten better at flying. But I'm definitely a rookie in terms of flying. Since I've learned transformation late in place of running I've only recently learned flight. Maneuverability and steady soaring, I've got that down. But high speed and high G turns, I still haven't got that down." Fury huffed.

"Well it's a good thing that there's a practice space in the castle, I can help you." Cadence said with some sympathy.

Fluttershy spoke up.

"Honestly I could probably use the training too. I'm even less skilled than Night Fury, no offense. I could really use some more training just to give me some more confidence and skill."

"I WANNA PRACTICE TOO!" Bulk yelled out. "IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO BE PREPARED!"

After having to cover their ears up for their loud companion, Rainbow Dash agreed.

"Well I think we should all get some preparation. Make sure we don't get our butts kicked! Does that sound good to you, Fury?"

Fury nodded.

"Oh you bet! I'm gonna go all out today to get ready. I might be more of a runner but today I'm gonna be a free bird and fly high!"

Cadence led them to the practice space in the castle. In the room sat many obstacles such as rings, tunnels, loops, corkscrews and even a high dive for extra speed.

"Woah, this place really is huge." Fluttershy said, marveling at the sheer size of the room compared to her.

"It is truly a masterpiece of crystal architecture. Now, let's get down to business." Cadence said, turning to Night Fury. "Alright, Fury, let's see those wings."

"You asked for them? You got em!" Fury transformed into the most aerodynamic bird he could transform into, which was a falcon.

"Amazing!" Fluttershy said, astonished. "I wish I could transform into an anim-"

"Okay guys, let's get down to business!" Rainbow interrupted, to Fluttershy's slight annoyance. "Now you have to practice as best as you can. We've got hoops and endurance contests as well as some weights. Overall just do what you can to enhance yourselves."

Rainbow looked at Fury and whispered to him.

"Fury, make sure Fluttershy is able to get through all of this. She can be, you know, not the best flier. So you have to be her guide. Fluttershy doesn't find me the most comfortable or patient trainer, and Bulk is too loud and intense, so you're the best choice."

"I'll try, but I'm not going to be making any miracles happen." Fury replied. Rainbow nodded and took off to start her training. Fury looked nervously at his giant wings and scrunched up his beak, this would be the first time he really used them to get some speed in the air and he couldn't say that he wasn't partially terrified. After all it was one thing to mess up on land, but in the air it would mean his quick end.

Okay. Here I go. Let's start with some wind practice. Keeping balance in rough conditions.

Fury thought to himself. He walked over to the big purple air jet and stared up at its cavernous wind tunnel that funneled the air out, patterns of clouds and cartoonish wind representations plastered on the sides. He looked a bit further up and saw Cadence standing on a platform above the giant machine.

"You ever seen a Cloudsdale Air Blaster?" Cadence asked, the falcon shaking his head in response. "Well, these big beauties were originally built to produce the clouds that float over our heads every day. But, with a little mechanical adjustment, these babies were turned into training devices to test a creature's balance and wing power. All it takes is a little bit of water."

The black falcon was impressed with pegasus creativity and technology. Unicorns might be smart with their scrolls and many spells, but he far preferred the more mechanical and practical thinking of pegasi.

"Well, if that big vacuum is good enough for you pegasi, then it'll probably be just what I need." Fury flew in position. "Well, let's do this and hope I don't get splattered like an egg on my first try." He chuckled.

"Don't be so cynical! This will be easy. Here, try this out." Cadence flicked the switch on.

WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH

"Okay, this isn't so bad." Fury said, flapping. "I just have to keep flying and- whoa, that's a bit more intense but I've got this under control." Fury said, flapping more and more.

Cadence kept on increasing the speed of the wind. And more and more Fury got more uncomfortable. It was such a strain to move his wings at this time.

"Okay… This is getting a little… tough." Fury strained, trying to keep up with the rapidly increasing wind speed.

"Oh don't be so dramatic, you're fine." Cadence said bluntly, turning the blaster up to max power. Fury tried to adjust for the increase, but it was too much.

"No I'm noooOOOOT!"

CRASH!

"Oooooh!" Cadence said, cringing at the sight of the painful crash. "You alright, Night Fury?"

Fury went back up. "Wow, I can see a lot of stars and it's not even night time. Wait a second, since when did you have a twin sister?" He said dizzily before falling face first into the crystal floor.

Cadence sighed at this. She probably shouldn't have gone that far. She knew she was going to have to be more gradual next time.

"This will be a long day. But I have the time. Oh, and I better give him some water and some ice for his head."

After a bit of recuperation, Fury was ready to try again. He flew over to the air blaster and readied himself.

"Okay, let's try this again." Fury said. Cadence nodded and turned the air jet back on, this time at a more gradual climb in power. Fury flapped his wings and flew against the wind, but he found that he felt uncomfortable somehow. It wasn't until Fluttershy stepped up that he noticed what was wrong.

"Try not flapping so much!" She called out.

"Why?!"

"Your wings are bigger than a pegasus wing span, you don't have to flap as many times to keep up. Just flap harder! Bigger wings, more air to be caught under them so you can stay up!"

Fury wondered about this. She was not the best flier on one hand. But then again she was an animal expert. She probably was obsessed with reading about birds. He figured it was worth a shot.

"Well you're the animal expert. So let's test that theory out." Fury did as Fluttershy said and flapped harder than usual, using all of his might. He then noticed that his muscles were easing up and he wasn't so uncomfortable, his bigger wings being able to drag more air down below him to keep him up.

Huh, it does work. I guess this also explains why Celestia flaps her wings slower than the others, her wings are bigger and more powerful, so it makes sense.

"And try to angle your wings back towards your talons! Push more forward than up!"

He did these activities that Fluttershy instructed and felt freer than before. He felt more at ease and not so tense.

So this is what it's like to be in the air. While I may not be high up, which I'm still not so comfortable with, it's a start!

Fury kept going and flapped harder than ever, not even noticing that the air blaster was at its max.

"Fury, do you want a break?!" Cadence yelled. "You've been at this for awhile!"

"Ah this is nothing! I can go ten more minutes at this rate! I feel like a certified bird of prey already" Fury boasted. He pushed harder and against the wind, eventually flapping so hard that he got too close to the tunnel and got a blast of air in his eyes that blinded him.

He closed his eyes. "Gahhh!!! Too much wind!"

Cadence had a smirk about her. "Told you Fury. You can't be reckless around these big machines."

Fury chuckled after he had recovered. "Yeah, I can tell. And besides, I should probably do my next exercise. What should be next?"

"I suggest a little practice on the course, give yourself a bit of a feeling for the tight maneuvers you'll have to pull off." Cadence suggested, gesturing to the many hoops and tunnels above his head.

"I also recommend you try the high dive a bit, it'll come in handy when you need to pick up speed." She added.

Fury looked on with a bit more confidence this time. "You got it! I just gotta think of this like I'm running through old caves. But, I don't have my legs on the ground, heh."

He flew up to the required height to begin the course, but he had almost forgotten one thing he hadn't prepared for. He still wasn't accustomed to flying at high altitude.

"Okay, I'm feeling a little… weird. Why is there so little air? How do birds even function this high?!" He said in frustration while taking heavy breaths. "I guess even as a bird, I'm still not used to this feeling." He realized even with most of the anatomy of a falcon, that wasn't even enough to overcome his land animal feelings of fresh air.

Fluttershy and Cadence looked up to see him and became concerned.

"What's going on with him up there? He looks a little woozy." Fluttershy pointed out.

"This is probably his first time at a high altitude, the air's thinner up there. And he may not be as brave up in the air as he is down on the ground, classic fear of heights." Cadence remarked.

The shy pegasus felt sympathy for the poor cat turned bird. She knew what it was like to be uncomfortable with certain parts of flight. Fluttershy knew what to do.

"Let me talk to him." Fluttershy said, taking off to help her friend. Cadence nodded. Fluttershy flew up and was ready to give advice.

"There there now, Fury. I'm here to help you." The pegasus said softly.

"Can you help me with heights though? I think the floor is starting to move." Fury said, looking uneasy.

Oh dear, he really is woozy. I'm going to have to help him get over that.

Fluttershy looked into his eyes. "Night Fury, look at me. You have to let go of your fear. You also have to think like a bird. A bird can breathe easier than most land animals. You have to think of yourself not as a shifter but as a falcon soaring in the skies. Don't worry about air. Birds were made for these altitudes. Is that okay?" She said softly but with conviction.

"O-okay, I got it." Fury said. He took a deep breath and studied himself, letting his mind clear out before he looked around.

"Just take it easy, you don't need to run the obstacle course just yet. Try practicing losing and gaining height to get yourself situated." The yellow pegasus suggested.

"Well, if you say so." Fury did as she said. He went slowly. And tried to adapt himself in a steady way. He glided down slowly to the floor, just above Cadence's head before flapping back up to high altitude and repeating. Slowly, he made his process faster, turning his gliding to diving and pulling out.

Cadence smiled. "Hey, I think you're getting the hang of this, champ! Are you feeling good up there?"

Fury was still a little nervous but yet he felt excited. The same feeling he felt when his father first taught him to run only in the air now.

"I'm feeling good! Hot diggity, if only the others could see me now!" Fury said. As if on cue, the other three princesses entered the training room. They looked up on the team training for the Ariel Relay, but they mainly focused on the black falcon diving in and pulling back up.

Fury smirked. "Ah good timing! Well ladies, have you been impressed by this bird's form?"

Celestia, Luna and Twilight seemed relieved he had learned so quickly.

Celestia spoke first. "You're definitely not the same clumsy bird you were a few days ago. Now you're starting to get the hang of it. Isn't that right, Luna?"

Luna was eager. "Truly. Truly. You're doing very well my love. You will show those rivals what the power of the night can truly do!"

Twilight was also fascinated. "I'm proud of you, Fury. You really learned well. Hopefully I can start improving my flight too."

"You can thank Fluttershy for that." fury said which caused Fluttershy to blush.

"And don't worry, you'll get there. But now that I've done this, I want to test something. Hey Twi, what's your opinion on electricity being used as a propulsion device?"

Twilight's eyebrow furled in confusion at this notion.

"Well I don't have an opinion on it, because it's just not possible. You can't just shoot electricity out like that." Twilight explained.

"Well I'm about to prove you wrong." Fury said. He landed softly on the ground and focused on his powers, directing the energy towards his talons. Lightning bolts started to ride down his legs, a slight mist gathering under his feet. Then, like a match to a striker, a burst of red energy came out from his claws like jet engines. He slowly began to rise into the air before stopping a few feet over the princesses heads.

He smirked at seeing the young purple alicorn's jaw drop. "So what now, Twi? Still think it's impossible now?"

"Th- th- THAT WAS AMAZING!" Twilight gushed out in excitement. "I didn't know that was even possible! I used to hear crackpot unicorns and pegasi say that, but I never thought it would be real!"

Fury smirked at Twilight's enthusiasm. "You'll find a lot of weird stuff that is true when it comes to Speed Shifters. Check it out, I've got hover jets under my feet!"

The black falcon stopped flying but still remained in the air. Since his feet became like a hovercraft.

"Yep, us Speed Shifters just need a little thinking outside of the box to make stuff happen." Fury remarked. "We might not change weather, teleport and shoot hot lasers out of our heads, but our aura can do a lot with enough cleverness."

"This is truly revolutionary. With this knowledge, we could not only improve our understanding of your kind, but we could also revolutionize our society's technology based on your powers." Celestia chimed in.

"Not to mention you look quite warm up there." Luna cooed.

"I think you meant hot." Cadence corrected.

"Yes… that." Luna said with dreamy eyes.

"Right back at ya, moonpie!" Fury shot back. He let go of his energy and slowly landed on the ground.

"Fury, do you even know what you could do with this ability?! You could go faster than even Celestia's chariot, and that thing can fly supersonic with no issue!" Twilight said excitedly, writing down her findings on a scroll.

"How in the world does that thing go supersonic? I've seen the thing myself and it's not exactly built with aerodynamics in mind." Fury said bluntly.

Celestia chuckled. "Let's just say it involves part magic and part craftsmanship. It's a state secret. Don't want our enemies using it against us."

"Ahhh, I see. Too bad you don't have one of your own, Moonpie." Fury said sympathetically.

"Well, I used to. But that beautiful craft has been lost to time, I've always wondered what happened to it." Luna recalled, thinking back to when she used it on her first trip to Ponyville on Nightmare Night.

Fury's face was filled with sympathy. "Don't you worry. If there's one thing I do well, it's looking for valuable stuff. Once I get done with this, I'll help you out for sure!"

Luna felt quite grateful to him for this kind gesture. "I would very much appreciate that. It is nice to have something like that around."

"Don't worry about it, Moonpie, I've got your back." Fury said with a caring smile. Just then, Shining Armor made his appearance.

"Alright everyone, now's the time to hit the skies! Let's go!" He called out.

"Alright, let's do this! Let's move out everypony!" Rainbow Dash said.

"YEAH! GET SOME!" Bulk yelled.

"I hope nothing bad will happen." Fluttershy said nervously. "I'll try not to mess up."

Fury turned to her. "Hey, who was it who taught me how to fly? If you can do that, I bet you have a good chance of making your mark. Okay?

Fluttershy smiled at this. "Thanks, Fury. I'll try my best." She said as she gave him a hug.

"Hmmm, your fur is really fuzzy. Fuzzier than usual." Fluttershy pointed out.

"That's probably because of my heavier coat growing in." Fury explained as they walked. "Since we Speed Shifters don't exactly have the luxury of clothing like ponies do, we adapted to the colder temperatures of fall and winter by shedding our old fur and growing in a thicker coat to keep us warm."

"It's amazing how adaptable you Speed Shifters are!" Fluttershy remarked.

"Yep. Why else do we have an emperor who lived in the snow and us shifters who live in the humid hot jungles?" Fury said.

"Hey look, we made it! Look up!" Rainbow Dash pointed to the obstacle course.

Everyone saw the hoops, wind blowers, cannons and contraptions facing them.

"Woah, that's big." Fury said, gawking at the myriad of things being readied for the relay. He then saw the other teams on the field stretching out before the race as the crowds filed in. Most of the competition were pegasi and griffins, for obvious reasons and had very determined looks on their faces.

They saw the other rival cities oncepre for Fillydelphia, Griffonstone, Manehattan and of course the most prestigious, Cloudsdale.

Unlike the more evenly matched land ponies, Fury knew some of the ones especially from Griffonstone and especially Cloudsdale were much more experienced at flight.

Luckily he and the other members trained a lot for flight. And they had Rainbow, one of the fastest fliers ever. So for him he knew he was ready.

Fury was confident. "It might look nice but by the time we come, they ain't gonna be so cocky. Let's rock!"

A few minutes later…

The crowd had fully piled into the stadium and we're waiting in excited anticipation for the Ariel Relay. The crowds were even larger than before. Perhaps because of the tricks that could be done in the air compared to land.

Everyone cheered on for their own team. The announcer once again came within sight and made his announcement.

"Ladies and gentlecolts! It's a pleasure to see you again. Today, our teams will be competing in another race. But now it is a race in the heavens. A dangerous but exciting challenge. This is the Aerial Relay!"

After the crowd cheered once more, the announcer specified the rules and the course.

"In this event, four members of each team will compete in a four lap race. Each team will be given a golden horseshoe to pass along throughout the race. Each lap, the teammate finishing each lap will pass the golden horseshoe to the next teammate in line to start their lap. At the end of the fourth lap will be the ultra lap, all competitors on this lap being subjected to the harder obstacles of the course. First team to fly through the finish ring at the top of the stadium wins!"

"Our first contestant will be the bearer of the legendary Sonic Rainboom herself. Rainbow Dash!"

The crowd was eager, everyone cheering loudly for their own hometown.

For Fury, he had heard of these rules. He was ready for the time ahead.

He looked to see Rainbow's determination. He could see in her a sense of seriousness and determination. He knew the clouds were her territory.

"Alright everypony, I'll show you how it's done!" Rainbow said with a smirk. "Pay close attention to what I do. Cause you guys gonna have to go through what I will. Got it?"

Everyone agreed.

Rainbow flew to the starting line and she saw her opponents just as determined and eager to win. Some of them looked rough and a bit sinister. She knew to be on guard, since she knew fliers were known to sometimes shove others out of the way or do some other dirty tricks.

She lined up at the starting line, golden horseshoe in her grasp as she focused on her take off.

"Racers, on your marks! Get Set… Go!!"

Woosh!

Rainbow Dash zipped her way through the sky, the other teams doing the same as they began the race. Rainbow Dash took an early lead, Spitfire following in second, T-bone in third, Newcastle from Manehattan in fourth, and Skyhammer from Fillydelphia in last. The contenders raced through the skies, dodging air cannons and flipping through loops as they ran their course.

"Gee, this cannon fire has gotten faster since I last flew in one of these." Rainbow Dash admitted. "The others are gonna have to watch out."

The first lap was coming close to an end and Rainbow Dash began her descent to pass the horseshoe off. She got as close to the ground as possible without crashing, slowed her pace and passed the horseshoe to Fluttershy.

"Nice lap, Rainbow! Smooth moves around those air cannons."

"Thanks. Now it's up to you Fluttershy. And remember to keep your eyes open." Rainbow said. "You don't want anything to surprise you. Especially not here."

Fluttershy gulped. She had gotten better at this but she was still a rookie.

"Remember Fluttershy. Just do your best, okay?" Rainbow said in an unusually soft voice which encouraged her friend.

"I will." Fluttershy said as she flew into position.

"Alright, one lap down, three to go! Racers, on your marks, get set… Go!" The announcer shot off. Fluttershy flew forward as fast as she could and began to run the course. She mostly kept her cool, but the obstacles made her nervous. Especially the air cannons that could easily blow her off course.

"Ahhh!" She narrowly avoided one of the cannon shots though it still hit one of her wing feathers.

"I have to get out of here!"

Fluttershy kept track of the cannons flying as far away from them and timing when she would fly in their paths of fire. Though her timing of the blasts helped her keep on course, it didn't help her speed as she fell back to third in a flash.

"Fluttershy! Don't worry so much about the cannon shots! They won't kill you! And it won't stop you as much as losing your place!" Rainbow cried out. It was partially true that it would not be the worst thing although cannon shots were pretty painful and would delay her considerably.

Fluttershy mustered up her courage and flew faster, keeping herself from falling back any further. She flew past the wind blowers, flew through the loops, and came around the final turn as she slowed down to pass the horseshoe to Bulk Biceps.

"I wish you luck, Bulk. I'm sure you'll do great."

"Thanks Fluttershy. I'll fly in like a hurricane! YEAHHH!!!" Bulk Biceps cried out. He flew with his tiny wings to the starting line.

For Rainbow and Fury, although they didn't say anything, they were a little worried. Fluttershy only made it to third place, which was honestly higher than Rainbow was expecting but still Bulk will have to make up some laps.

"Can he really fly with those small wings?" Fury asked Rainbow.

"Heh, oh you'll be surprised what that guy can do. You should have seen him in Hurricane Season or the Wonderbolt Tryouts. And besides, his bulky physique has its own benefits. He's basically a wall" Rainbow said with confidence. Fury nodded as he looked back up to where Bulk was hovering. He wasn't exactly sure about him being the fastest flier, but he was certain about him being hard to push out of the way.

He may not have the biggest wings, but he sure is beefy. He'll be a hard one to target.

Fury thought to himself as he watched the other racers line up.

"Half way through the event and things are heating up, let's see who comes out on top! Racers ready? Get Set… Go!"

Bulk Biceps flew a bit more slowly at first but built up acceleration. He used the fans to propel him forward and his large size made him plow through clouds that were normally a time consuming obstacle for most pegasi.

Fury was astounded by how strangely quick he was but most of all for being unaffected by the obstacles around him. But then he saw a cannon ball.

"Bulk, look out!" The cannonball struck Bulk and left him stunned for a moment, but he quickly re-focused on the race at hand and moved on.

"Wow, he really is bulky. He took that cannonball like it was a pebble!" Fury said in shock.

"I told ya he was basically a brick wall. Nothing much moves him." Rainbow Dash said, but at the cost of karma striking hard and fast. As Bulk reached the loops, one of the griffins flew up to him and bumped him.

"You sure are a big guy! You sure you're not gonna sink like a brick taking these loops on, shrimp wings?!" said a creepy looking lanky griffin with a scar on his face.

"Hah! No way! These 'shrimp wings' have been through worse than that! I'm not gonna have Ponyville lose to some loops!" Bulk said with confidence.

"I admire your foolish optimism but…" The griffon then flew over Bulk's wings and pecked them.

"Ahhhhh!" Bulk yelled out in pain.

"...this is not your game." The griffon smiled sinisterly and licked his lips of Bulk's blood as he flew off and left Bulk struggling to keep in the air. Fury saw it all and was angered by the slick move.

That cheeky snake, he pecked at Bulk's wings on purpose! He is so not cool!

"Somepony call a technical foul, there's somepony bleeding on the course!"

Bulk tried to fly more but he was uncoordinated against the advice of Rainbow, Fury and Fluttershy. He could barely fly properly. When he finally made it to the finish line, a few medics were waiting to patch him up. He was in last place.

Bulk Biceps was ashamed of himself. "I'm sorry for losing. I cost us all."

Rainbow sharply responded. "Don't you dare apologize! You did the best you could have possibly done."

Fury nodded. "Yeah you did great against those cannons and clouds. No, the real problem was-"

"THAT BIG BULLY! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! MAY SOMETHING REALLY NOT NICE HAPPEN TO YOU FOR YOUR DIRTY WAYS!" Fluttershy yelled out in rage.

"You should probably tone it down, sweetheart. Don't want to get heaved out of the stadium for unsportsmanlike conduct, now do you? Heh heh heh." The griffin said snidely. Fluttershy wanted to go after him, but Fury stopped her.

"Cool it, Fluttershy, it's not worth it. Let's just get this event over with without any more hitches." Fury said calmly. Fluttershy calmed herself and nodded to her friend.

"Now listen to me carefully, Fury. Despite us losing a lot of potential points, there is still one more lap to go. And that lap belongs to you. But you have to get first place even second place will be a loss for us. Do your best and we can still win this." Rainbow Dash said as she simultaneously watched Bulk Biceps get treated. "If nothing else, do it for Bulk."

Fury nodded as he transformed into his falcon form and readied himself for the final stretch. He grabbed the horseshoe in one of his talons and flew up to his mark for the ultra lap. He stayed focused on his route through the course, planning his moves carefully as he got his bearings. What he didn't see was the same griffon from last round was now in his bracket and was eyeing him closely.

That feline freak is gonna have to tell his girlfriend goodbye once I cripple him for life.

Thought TwoFace as he readied himself to take on the final lap of the relay.

"Alright everypony, this is it. The ultra lap! In this final race to the finish, all of the previous obstacles are gonna be cranked up to eleven! More clouds, higher wind speeds, heavier cannonballs! It all comes down to this!" The announcer said. The racers prepared for the worst as they looked forward at their path to victory, waiting for their moment to risk it all.

"On your marks… Get, Set… Go!!"

The black falcon soared through the sky. For him, he had his eyes not just on obstacles but on his opponents too. Especially the griffins.

I have my eyes on you. If you try anything, we'll see how you like my talons if you come near me.

In this ultra lap, the course opened up to the higher parts of the stadium. High enough that even the princesses got a clear view of him on the move. He flew fast and hard, taking sharp turns and fast dives as he worked his way up the ranks. He then came up on the cloud makers and did his thing, moving up and down to avoid being blocked by them.

Fury then saw his griffontarget and flew past him, his bigger wingspan blowing a decent gust of wind in his face as he took second place.

"See you later, sucker!" Fury said, racing forward.

The griffon simply smiled. "Oh I don't think so, freak. You made a big mistake getting ahead of me!"

The griffon flew to catch up to Fury.

Oh boy, I know that griffon is gonna try to do the same thing with Bulk. That beak could really tear my wings even worse. I'm not quite strong enough in a falcon form to face him. But I can mess with him.

Fury watched TwoFace fly over him and try to dive on him, but Fury countered him by slowing down, flying over him and thrusting his talons down to bump him off course.

"I've got a race to win! Try me and see what happens, you four-legged nesting bird!"

"No no no no!" TwoFace briefly landed in the clouds.

Grrrr. That little punk is crafty. But if he thinks he's won, he's got another coming!

After TwoFace got out of the clouds he flew far to the left of Fury. He slowed up as he turned in his direction and dove in on him, bumping Fury hard on the side and almost knocking the air out of him.

"Oof!" Fury stuttered for a moment, slowing up and allowing TwoFace to take second place back. He eventually straightened himself out and began his push towards the next obstacle, the wind blowers. He looked over to the wind blowers and saw that Two Face and a more familiar face, Fleet Foot, were struggling to keep going.

Perfect, gives me enough time to take first.

Fury remembered what Fluttershy taught him about bird flight. And used it to fly despite those obstacles. And then he even used a trick Bulk had used and used the blowers to propel him forward as quickly as possible. The crowd and the princesses cheered for him as he took first place, leaving Fleet Foot and TwoFace behind.

That's it! Time to take that freak out of my race once and for all. And for good measure, I'll do it in front of who cares for him the most for more emotional damage.

Thought TwoFace as he flew away from the wind blowers and towards his target.

Fury flew fast through the loops and came up to the air cannons, which conveniently were within the princess' sightlines. Fury even gave a Victory sign with his talon to Luna who smiled at the sight of her lover. But he saw her face turn to horror looking behind Fury.

And Fury noticed the griffon caught on to that trick and was speeding right towards him.

"How's it going, pal? You need some help with your wings? I can fix em!" TwoFace asked with a bloodthirsty look while licking his beak.

Great. He's going really quick! He's gonna catch up in a few seconds. I need to find a way to avoid him! Hold on, I got an idea.

Fury found a cloud to his right and went towards it.

I have only one shot at this.

Fury flew faster and faster towards the cloud, drawing the attention of the griffon behind him.

"Hey, squirt for brains!" Fury called out. "Hope you like taking a nap in the clouds!"

"Huh, what's in Guldo's name is that supposed to- AHHHHH!!!"

The griffon slammed right into a large cloud. Fury was amused at his dirty foe's struggling and rage.

"Hey, you should chill! Let me win the game for you while you have some sweet dreams!" Fury called him out.

The griffon's rage was immeasurable.

"I will tear you to pieces and feast on your flesh!" The griffon raced toward him.

Fury and TwoFace were now within sight of the finish line. Fury had to use all of his energy and power. Same for TwoFace.

"I'm getting closer. I'm almost there." Fury said.

"Yeah? Well, so am I, birdy." said a voice Fury didn't want to hear.

Oh no. Fury tried to fly out of the way but not before the griffin was able to land a blow on Fury. Specifically his face.

"Ow ow ow ow!" Fury said as he felt the griffon slash his face.

"Ha ha ha! There's a reason we griffons are the real masters of the air! We're like you Speed Shifters with our claws but we're not weakened by the air. We use it to our advantage." TwoFace said as he slapped Fury away.

Fury wasn't used to so much pain in such a sensitive area. He felt like it was over.

No! It is not over!

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes and flew up.

"Well it looks like I'm about to win this thing!" TwoFace said.

"I don't think so, chicken brain!" Fury said who turned out to be under the griffon. Fury then planted himself on the griffon's beak.

"Get off me! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Using you as a launching pad. See ya!"

Fury kicked as hard he could against the griffon so that Fury could launch himself to the finish line.

Shrrrip!

Fury flew past the finish line and cut the ribbon at the end, finally solidifying the gold medal for Ponyville.

"I can't believe it folks! In a battle between a feline turned falcon and the half feline half eagle griffon, the falcon won! Ponyville wins the Ariel Relay!"

Everyone cheered for Night Fury. Especially the princesses and his friends.

"Fury! Fury! Fury!"

When Fury landed on the ground, many came to him. Especially the paramedics who gave some ointment to him. Fury looked around at the cheering crowds and waved to them, giving his gratitude for their support. Then, he started to feel faint as the adrenaline wore off and the pain of the scar he had gotten from TwoFace started to kick back at him.

"Ouch! Oh, this is gonna leave a mark." Fury said.

"Night Fury, thank goodness you're still intact! Are you alright?" Fluttershy asked.

"Fine, I guess. A little more lightheaded than usual but still kickin'." Fury said. He then saw two other griffons step up to him.

"Skylar, T-Bone, what are you guys doing here?" Fury asked.

Skylar spoke first "We are so sorry about what happened to you. That idiot TwoFace has disgraced all griffons with his behavior."

T-Bone agreed "Yeah, you guys were cool. You were amazing. And you didn't have to resort to dirty tricks to win. That's something a lot of griffons these days forget. Honestly I feel like he only wants to win so he can melt the trophy for more gold."

Fury smiled at this.

"You guys are cool. I don't blame you for those things. You played a good game." Fury said. Then came the final straw that broke the camel's back.

"Hey, fish breath!" The angry griffon came out to approach. "You might have won this aerial relay, but I assure you that you're gonna lose the final match! You think you're so cool huh?! Well you'll get your butt handed to you someday!"

Fury sighed at the griffon's temper, but decided to test how far he'd go.

"Okay, who asked for your opinion?" Fury said, the princesses showing up as spoke. "The only thing I care about is me absolutely dumpstering you! You mad, feather brain? You're mad, you're mad, you're mad!"

The sore loser of a griffon yelled in anger.

"TwoFace, come on, let's stop with you being immature. You've already made us lose our honor." T-Bone said.

"I… don't… care… about… honor! I simply wanted to win! I would get fame and therefore money from it! I could've been a millionaire! And I've been denied! It's not fair!" He said now sad instead of angry.

"Awww, the baby is getting grumpy. Hey Cadence, I think you're gonna have to come out of retirement and come babysit the little one. I think he needs his bottle and blanky-wanky. Ha!"

TwoFace was now crying miserably.

"Aw, don't feel so sad, cutesy wootsy." Cadence said. "How about you have a bottle of milk? Okay?"

TwoFace simply yelled in rage. "Gahhhhh!!!!" He said.

"Looks like somepony missed their naptime. Luna, I think you might have to sing a lullaby for the baby."

Luna nodded. And grabbed the griffon with her arms. She gave a lullaby normally reserved for foals younger than the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Hush little baby, rest your head.

Hush now, it's now time for bed.

You shall be safe in my arms.

My little sweetheart, near and far.

At this point, Skylar and T-Bone were laughing at the scene unfolding. They had never thought that the princesses could be so cheeky. Perhaps Night Fury had a bigger impact on them than they thought.

"Let me go!" Twoface got them off. Fury swore he saw his eyes a little teary. "One day we griffons will be wealthy and powerful enough to make you into our slaves. Just you wait! Just you wait! Are you listening to me?!"

Fury now was just intentionally ignoring him to cause him even more anguish.

"Did you say something?" Fury asked.

"Grrrrr. I don't have time for you losers! I'm out of here! Griffonstone will beat you in the next round!" TwoFace said laughing only to bump into another cloud. "Oof!" He then flew off in shame.

"Hahahahaha! Too bad you can't do anything to me! Nobody can touch this!" Fury said as he started crab walking while repeating a song he had heard.

🎶Can't touch this!🎶

🎶Can't touch this!🎶

🎶Can't touch this!🎶

🎶Stop… Hammer time!🎶

Everyone laughed at Fury's victory performance, Fluttershy having a light chuckle. Even Skylar and T-Bone had a fun time.

"Ha ha, oh wow, you Speed Shifters are pretty cool!" Said Skylar.

"Yeah, you Speed Shifters also seem to have very good dancing skills." T-Bone agreed.

"That's just how we roll! Cool as ice, sharp as a tac! And to a certain somebody, hot as lava~" Fury said looking at Luna.

"I could say the same for you, my Lightning Bug!" Luna said, giving him a hug.

"Wait, she calls him Lightning Bug?" Skylar asked.

"Yeah, we have our own little language with each other." Fury said, smirking.

"Ya know, Night Fury, I think with how many songs you repeat as a joke, you probably have a beautiful singing voice." Twilight pointed out, making the black feline blush.

"Nah, I'm no singer. It's not my thing. If there's one thing I'm known for that everyone can agree on, it's my massive appetite."

Everyone was delighted with each other. Then everyone heard a whistling sound.

"Okay everyone, we did great despite the odds." Rainbow congratulated them. "But don't get too cozy. We have one more match to go before we can take home the glory. Make sure you get ready for the final match. It'll be a point to point race so be ready for it."

Fury smirked. "Ooh, a sprint for the win? Now that's more my speed! Heh, literally."

Fluttershy raised her hoof. "Um… what will this point by point race involve exactly? I'm not quite familiar."

Twilight was happy to give out the required information as she pulled out a pamphlet she had stored under her wing.

"Says here that this race will take place outside of the stadium. Starting from the train station outside of the empire, all contenders from every team will compete in an all out dead sprint from the train station to the base of the Crystal castle. Many obstacles, distractions, and shortcuts will be laid throughout the route. The first team to get all of their members across the line wins the gold medal and the Equestria Games outright!"

Fury had to admit this was more his style of play. More freedom involved and while running was still important, being tricky and thinking outside of the box was even more so.

"That's right Twi, and I'm ready to go all out. But first, let's chill out for a bit. We've got some time to kill, so let's give ourselves some time to recuperate and gain our strength back. And besides, I'm starving and I need to grab some lunch anyway." Fury said, blushing slightly at his large appetite.

Fluttershy then asked in concern. "And are you going to be alright, Fury? That TwoFace really did a number on your face."

"No need to worry, I've taken harder hits. I'm completely fine, just a few scratches and a bit of blood. Nothing big. I made sure to duck my head before he really damaged me too. Now, I'm gonna go grab some grub before I start wasting away."

Fury walked to his bag of supplies, grabbed a blanket and placed it on the grass. He was ready to eat some traditional salted fish. It was nice to have Crystal Empire cuisine but now he wanted the food he craved and loved as a cub.

He grabbed at a fresh salted salmon and bore his fangs, shimmering in the bright sun. His eyes turned to slits as his more predatory instincts kicked in, his mind only focusing on the fish in his grasp before biting down on it with a loud crunch of the bones. Fury didn't care that he had a few onlookers as he ate, one certain yellow pegasus finding his style interesting. He just wanted something good to fill him up.

"Oh yeah, get in my belly, you little fish guy! Yum!" He kept muttering as he ate them.

Rainbow was confused. "How can Fury eat that stuff? I'd have to be in a desert without other food to resort to that!"

Fluttershy responded. "Well that's just how Speed Shifters are. They're meant to eat fish like this. Just like you can't blame a manticore for wanting to eat meat. We're just made differently."

"Well you're the wildlife and smart creature expert." Rainbow said still not quite understanding completely but accepting. She also finds it interesting how Fluttershy can abhor violence but also is so comfortable with meat eating too.

Fury looked at them. "If only you ponies were carnivores, you would understand the joys of meat. Oh well, more for me!" He said throwing a fish in the air and then swallowing it.

"I'm rather thankful that I'm not a meat eater," Rarity said. "Both because I don't find it appetizing and I doubt it's good for me in a nutritional sense."

"Eh, it's not for everyone. Which makes it even better for me because I don't have to share! Nom!"

He finally had the last fish.

"Oh man, that was all!? I knew I should have packed more." Fury whined.

"You just had 20 fishes!" Applejack said. "Even I'm not that crazy for apples!"

"Pfft, so? They're still delicious, and I wish I had more. Man, if that eating contest back in Canterlot proved anything, you ponies are lightweights. I can pack away 40 salmon in one sitting!" Fury boasted, flashing his pearly white teeth.

"Okay food champion, sorry for your food crisis but I think you can be done for now." Cadence chuckled. "It's almost time for the Point to Point Race. So are you ready to show your moves?"

"Just point me in the right direction, candy girl, and I'll show you what I can do."

Ignoring his silly nickname for her, Cadence led them to the start of what will be the final event of the Equestria Games. He saw everyone in anticipation of what would happen. The final match to determine the winner once and for all.

"Ladies and gentlecolts, I present to you the final match up for the Equestria Games! The Point to Point race! Every team from every city will be participating in this mad dash for the win. Everyone will start here, at the train station and wait for the air horn to sound to begin the race. From there, it's an all out sprint through the streets of the Crystal Empire, many obstacles and distractions to mix up the field. But be aware that there are also hidden shortcuts to aid in the victory of each team. The first team to have every member cross the finish line at the base of the crystal castle wins!"

For Ponyville's side, Night Fury was at the ready along with Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Swiftly Song, Windbreaker and Bulk Biceps whose wings were damaged but he was still able to run. Along with them stood the other teams, Fillydelphia, GriffonStone, Cloudsdale and Manehattan.

Rainbow looked to her team members. They all looked fully confident, even Fluttershy. They knew they were ready.

Although they did notice two undesirable returns. Sweet Treats and TwoFace.

Those guys. Fury said to himself. I bet they'll fight even dirtier than before.

TwoFace looked at Ponyville's team with a crooked smile. And Sweet Treats was more vocal.

"You might have won the battle. But you were probably lucky. You're just a cat and a bunch of small town yokels no one cares about. But I'm the daughter of a renowned business pony. I will honor his legacy by beating your butts to the ground!" She said, stomping her hoof. Fury thought she might be athletic and competitive like Rainbow, but she also was fru fru, had no loyalty and thought only of herself.

"Bold words for somepony who spews out more toxic fumes than a broken sewage pipe!" Fury quipped. "Maybe you should get some perfume for that! Oh wait, can't fix a landfill when it's already full of trash!"

The Manehattanite looked furious. "Well… well you're um… ugly! Yeah ugly! And I'm going to make everything better by beating you!" She said struggling to have a comeback line.

"Wow, that was so dumb that a Diamond Dog with a brain bleed would be offended. Or he would consider you just like him. Eh, who cares, you've got 'bout as much brain power as a brain dead lizard." Fury shot back.

Rainbow, Bulk, and Swiftly gave a big. "Ohhhhhhh!" to the spoiled earth pony's dismay.

Sweet Treats responded in anger. "Whatever! Can we just start this game already so I can make them know their place!?"

"Sure thing, sweet cheeks. Just be prepared to be staring at different pair of them as I show you how it's done. Ha!"

Everyone was getting ready. Despite trashing Sweet Treats, Fury was secretly focused on TwoFace. He was quiet the whole time but had a face that screamed of vengeance. Fury knew he would have to watch out for him especially since Sweet Treats was probably all talk.

I have my eyes on you, TwoFace.

As for Bulk Biceps, he was especially focused on TwoFace since he had a quarrel to settle.

And for the poet Swiftly he was eager to show that pretentious Manhattanite that he was not a failure.

"Alright everyone! The time has come. Are you ready?!"

The audience cheered on.

"Then let us begin in… 5… 4… 3… 2…"

Fury closed his eyes. It's time to go all out. Here I come, Castle.

"...1…"

"...GO!!!!!!"

Everyone frantically raced through the streets of the Crystal Empire, each one having to watch their step.

Luckily for Fury, and his team, Cadence taught them how to walk on the Crystal roads. For Fury it took some time to get used to, but he was able to run well. It seemed to be harder for some of the other contestants.

"We're doing pretty well so far!" Swiftly said. "As expected from me."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say, Swifty. Just remember, we don't have to stick together, all we have to do is get everyone across the line at the end of the race! Find your own path, use the shortcuts to your advantage and go as fast as you can!" Fury said to him. The giant group of players soon began to filter out, most of the teams finding out the hard way that the obstacles used for this final event were no slouch.

From pits in the ground to chasms, Fury found these obstacles challenging but fun. He craved for the thrill of a good challenge like this without being too out of his league like with flying.

I just hope the others are having as much fun as I am. I know how long it took me to get used to running while avoiding obstacles…

Meanwhile, on another part of the race, Swiftly was running without too much trouble. Although he disliked how the reflections could be a bit blinding sometimes.

"So far so good though. It looks like I'm the only one here."

But he heard something.

"Hmmm what was that?" Swifty looked back and saw that Sweet Treats was gaining on him, and fast.

"Gee, you're faster than I thought, miss! I guess you aren't just good because you cheat. But I still have the advantage!" Swiftly said.

"Oh I wouldn't say that, my friend. I'm just close enough to show you something really… special." She said as she got out a mirror. She pointed it skyward and reflected the sun's light into Swifty's eyes, blinding him. Swifty tried to block it out and keep going, but it was too much to endure as he slowed down to get the reflection to dissipate.

Sweet Treats ran past him and looked back, seeing that he was mildly disoriented. "Well, it looks like the sun is on my side today. Too bad that I have to leave so soon, I really wanted to watch you struggle. But, I have a race to win."

Swiftly Singer was now both in pain and in rage. "And I just complimented her for not just being good because she cheated. Dirty little…" He closed his eyes for a bit. "Alright, I think I'm good now. But I gotta be more careful with her. And I gotta catch up with her."

But he noticed she was far ahead of him now. Even though he was catching up to her, he was still not close enough.

"What can I do? Wait, look for a shortcut." He looked around and saw an alleyway that seemed to lead in the direction of the Crystal Palace. "Got it! I'm going in!"

As he ran through avoiding the trash cans and garbage, he finally came back to the highway.

"Heck yeah, I bet she didn't expect that!"

"You're right I was a little too naive." Swiftly turned his face to the right to see he had just caught up to her. "I should've known not to go easy on you. Now that you're close, I'll stick it right close to your retinas!" She said about to get her mirror.

"Oh no you don't!" Swiftly rammed into her and cut off her attempt. "You're not getting me again! And besides, look at who's on your right."

Sweet Treats looked over to where the shadows looked under the passing buildings and out came a speeding feline bashing into her right side, pinning her between them.

"Surprise, look who's back!" Fury said, catching her off guard. "I think it's about time I take care of you.

Fury jumped in the air and came down onto Sweet Treats' back.

"Get off me, you dirty wild cat!" She demanded, but Fury didn't listen. He used his rear paws to dig into the crystal roads for another pounce, this time taking her in tow. He jumped in the air once again with her in his front paws, flipping her over before suplexing her onto the street and bounding back upright to keep running.

"Owwwww! You'll pay for that, you cretins!" She said enraged.

"Oh we'll pay, pay for our feast in honor of our moves against you!" Fury said high fiving Swiftly as they ran off.

For the two Ponyville racers, they now were ready to keep going.

"How are you two doing?" They heard Fluttershy catching up to them. "I thought I heard some yelling!"

"Better, now that Fury took care of that snooty baker by suplexing her into the street!" Swifty said.

"Uhh…"

Fury explained. "It's a wrestling move. We're taught this back at our village. All you need to know is that we showed that spoiled brat not to mess with me or my friends."

"Well that's good, she deserves to get put in her place. We should catch up to the others, see how they're doing." Fluttershy suggested, the two other racers agreeing and taking off with her. For the Ponyville team, they had been spread out across the empire, racing to see who would win the Equestria Games and the gold medal. And while they were on their own in the streets, they had many eyes watching over them from afar.

Meanwhile at the base of the Crystal Palace…

The rest of the Mane Six, the princesses, Spike, and some of the crowd had gathered at the base to watch the finish. While the race continued, a series of screens showed how each team was progressing, some doing better than others. But for the Ponyville team, the princesses and the Mane Six were watching attentively to their view, especially after seeing Fury's savage revenge move.

"I can't believe it!" Applejack said angrily. "That hoity toity mare thinks it's okay to blind another racer?!"

Rarity concurred. "Indeed darling, I will have a nice talk with her with my needles if I ever see her…"

"Easy, you two, we don't need another incident on our hooves." Twilight warned.

"Wait, do you guys see something moving besides those two? Something in the shadows?" Spike said, pointing out a black spot on the screen that seemed to be moving.

"Wait a minute, is that…" Before anyone could ask themselves who it was, the moving spot was quickly revealed to be their feline friend coming to Swifty's rescue.

"Weehee, Night Fury to the rescue!" Pinkie Pie squealed, bouncing in place.

"I wonder what he's going to do?" Celestia asked. Just then, it happened. Fury grabbed onto Sweet Treats' back, flipped her over and savagely slammed her into the crystal roads with no remorse. Everyone looking at the screens either had a look of shock, cringe, or righteousness as the action was carried out. But most of all, the princesses winced at the most likely damaging move.

Twilight winced. "Oh my… That was quite… extreme."

Luna nodded. "It might be, but for this situation. It might have been called for. She won't be using that trick again, that's for sure." She said looking at that shattered mirror that lay next to the now injured mare.

"But Night Fury could have caused her severe brain damage, at the least, a cracked skull!" Twilight retorted quite loudly.

"Well, in this case, it looks like she can still walk. I'm certain Fury knows not to go too far if he intends to do harm. Besides, she was about to blind Swifty Singer beyond repair. She had it coming." Luna said. "And anyways it looks like she is about to run again. I'm sure she has no chance of winning at this point though."

"If she can get up at all." Cadence put in. "She's lucky she isn't bleeding from the head, Fury took her up a good couple of feet off the ground before that slam."

"It should be remembered, if you try to harm a Speed Shifter's friends, you will wish you were never born. That's what he told me once." Celestia said. "And I can believe that."

"Hey, check it out! They're coming up on Rainbow Dash, Bulk and Wind Breaker!" Spike called out. The group turned their attention to the screen and saw that indeed, they were gaining on them. But little did they know that a sly intervention would be taken out on one of them.

"We're gaining on Bulk and Rainbow Dash, let's slow down to check on them." Fury said.

"I hope they're doing alright." Fluttershy said worriedly. "I'm still worried about that TwoFace."

"Well, if he's messing around, we'll be there to put that uggo in his place." Swifty said as they finally caught up to the two pegasi.

"Hey guys, how are you holding up?" Fluttershy asked.

"Bulk's wings are still a little sore but besides that, we're fine. You guys run into the baker from Manehattan yet?" Rainbow asked, eliciting a nod from Night Fury.

"Yep, just did. And let me tell you that she is a bit more… damaged than at the start of the race." Fury said with a smile.

The others were tempted to ask further. But they were a little afraid to.

Rainbow asked, getting to the point. "But she won't be a problem for us right?"

Swiftly chuckled. "Yeah that's for sure."

Wind Breaker just sighed. "Well whatever it is, we shouldn't be too relieved yet, we still have a ways to go."

"Not if I cut you off, you don't." A voice said from nearby." The small group looked back to find that TwoFace was behind them.

"Oh great, here comes the crybaby." Fury moaned.

"Ah, I'm glad you appreciate me." TwoFace said. "How are your wings, buddy?" He asked Bulk Biceps.

Fluttershy was enraged. "You little piece of…"

"I'm just fine." Bulk cut her off before she said something unpleasant. "I've got my pals here with me. We're in the lead. And we're gonna beat ya! YEAHHHH!"

"That's the spirit!" Rainbow said. "What can you even do against all of us? Just be done."

"Oh, it's none of you ponies I want…" TwoFace started before grabbing Fury by the neck in a choke hold. "It's the cat that I have plans for!" He said as he started to slow down and drag Fury with him.

"Fury!" The rest of the group called out as Fury was pulled away from them. Night Fury and TwoFace then started to wrestle with each other, trying to get an advantage over the other.

"Y'know, roughhousing is a bad influence for kids. Maybe you should be put in time out." Fury joked, but his griffon opponent didn't find it as amusing.

"That says a lot coming from the one who can't fly right, but let me show you what you should have seen during that clearly rigged race." TwoFace snarled as he changed positions and began to push Fury to the edge of the street, lamp poles flying past the black feline's head.

"So you wanna try and get rid of me, huh? Let's see what happens when a griffon gets their head cracked open." Fury said coldly as he jumped over TwoFace and grabbed him by the neck. He instantly slammed his face into the road, scraping his face as they ran together before pulling the griffon's head back up.

"You lost, you disappointment of a nesting bird." Fury said as he ran faster to where another light pole was, pushed TwoFace away and watched as he slammed into the pole, an audible crack from his bones and a creak from the crystal-metal hybrid alloy of the pole was bent. Fury smiled sinisterly at the sound of bones cracking, almost as if it was satisfying to him as he raced off to continue the race.

The others were shocked. Fluttershy was horrified. But Rainbow was grinning.

"You showed that guy!"

"Yeah, no one messes with a speed shifter or his friends." Fury said

"Will he…" Fluttershy said worriedly.

"Ah, don't worry, he can still walk. But let's just say, he's not going to be feeling too well for a while." He said with a devious smile.

Back at the Crystal Palace…

"Ohhhh!" The crowd had just seen the incident between TwoFace and Night Fury, the painful crash making them wince. Once again, the black feline's close friends were shocked at the move, this time a bit more concerned as the screens were equipped with sound and they had heard the very visceral sound of metal bending.

"Oh my word." Rarity said, a little queasy at the sheer display of violence.

"Well, I guess it was in self-defense." Twilight said. "But wow, I didn't know Fury could be so powerful even without using his magic."

Celestia nodded. "There are many powerful creatures we don't even know about yet. I just wonder how powerful Emperor Snowdrift was in his prime."

"Wait, who's Emperor Snowdrift?" Cadence asked, having never heard about this name that her aunt seemed to know very well.

"A long story, my niece, but basically he is the Speed Shifter equivalent in terms of power and rule to me, except he is not around anymore… at least physically." Celestia explained.

Cadence was surprised. She couldn't even imagine what a Speed Shifter with more power than Fury right now would be like. And how strong will Fury be in the future?

"Either way, that hit sounded painful. I think I heard some of his bones crack." Spike said, a little grossed out. "And did you see how Fury's eyes turned to slits and he smiled a bit when he did that? It was almost as if he… enjoyed the sound of TwoFace's bones cracking."

"It must be his carnivorous instincts." Celestia said. "Speed Shifters have an instinct that can make them quite aggressive at times, including great distress. The sound of TwoFace's bones cracking against the pole must have ignited that instinct. An internal mechanism that turns Speed Shifters bloodthirsty at the sound of injury. It's like how certain sounds cause us to cringe or relax, but more… violent."

Twilight nodded. "I have noticed these attributes. But it is good that Fury at least didn't eat him or anything. He is at least trying to control his instincts. And TwoFace still seems to be not permanently injured although he seems to be in great pain now."

"Much to Night Fury's enjoyment." A new voice came in. The group looked back to see Black Ice walking up with Obsidian by her side.

"I've seen that very same look in my own father when he was a part of our village's defense force before he retired, he always told me how he loved the sound of spewing blood when he was in battle. Almost as if he was enticed by the sound." Black Ice recalled.

"I have seen much the same in my thestral guards." Luna added. "During training, my guards use life-like dummies to practice on. Filled with fake bones and blood to add to the experience. They have repeatedly shown to have some sort of… enjoyment to the sound of breaking bones and spewing blood, much like the interest Night Fury is showing."

Cadence and Twilight were quite astounded.

Cadence asked Obsidian.

"Do you sometimes have that instinct in you? You seem so calm."

"I used to make weapons made from obsidian back home and watch as they were used for training and battle, that's how I got my name and my job as a blacksmith. The sound of blood does not excite me as much as it does satisfy me as I know my brilliant craftsmanship is being put to good use."

Twilight was fascinated.

Black Ice added. "Same for me. My love for transforming and cooking is a good way to dull our bloodier instincts. That's why even the most civilized of Speed Shifters will consume extreme amounts of meat or fish, even more than necessary. It already makes me want some…"

"I can facilitate that for you, honey. Back in a flash." Obsidian said as he disappeared to answer his wife's needs.

"Hey, check it out. The Ponyville team just passed Apatite Cove, that's the halfway point. And look, the other teams are starting to file in on the main road." Pinkie Pie said.

"We're onto the final stretch, let's see if Ponyville can pull out a win." Twilight said as she watched all of the teams start to file in on the main straight away towards the Crystal Palace.

But it was not yet over, there would be one more ordeal that they were subject to face.

"Wow, we're halfway there guys! Just keep it up!" Rainbow said excitedly.

"I think we're past almost everyone," Fluttershy said. "Including others like Coco Pommel and T-bone! I hope Coco gets her chance to shine someday though."

Rainbow said "Oh she will. She's already a rising name in Manehattan. She'll be fine. But what we need to worry about is the finish line and we're almost there!"

"Yeah, we just have to keep pushing it a bit more!" Fury said. The Ponyville team were excited about winning the Equestria Games, especially Night Fury who would finally have a gold medal in a competition and set the record for the first Speed Shifter to participate in the games.

Soon, the other teams began to come into view. Coming in from side roads leading to the main stretch, they surrounded the Ponyville team in a spread out manner, most of the other team's members falling in behind Ponyville as the more experienced runners got in front of them. But they knew it wasn't a race to be first, it was a race to get all of the team to the finish.

"Aw, I guess I forgot we're not the only racers who know about shortcuts." Wind Breaker said.

"It doesn't matter." Rainbow said, smirking. "That just makes it a better challenge. We'll get ahead."

All the racers competed to get ahead with great determination. So it was hard for Ponyville to get ahead. But Fury had an idea up his sleeve.

"Hey, have you ever wondered what it was like to ride a Speed Shifter?" Fury asked.

"Huh? Ah!" Windchaser and Swiftly were grabbed and put on his back.

"Bulk! How about giving Rainbow and Fluttershy the same treatment!" Fury suggested.

Rainbow saw what he was thinking and they both rode them.

"Now what?" Rainbow asked. "How will this help?"

Fury responded. "Simple. Bulk grab my tail!" Bulk complied. "Alright everypony, hang on!"

The team felt a slight energy from him.

Fury proceeded to guide the team to victory himself by letting his teammates ride on top of him as he pushed through the stampede of racers. Bulk Biceps kept up with him and followed his every move, turning left, right, and speeding up at every moment they could. Soon enough, they were nearing the head of the pack where they saw Cloudsdale leading the charge.

Fury spoke. "Alright folks, we're approaching the Cloudsdale Express." Pretending he was a train conductor. "Make sure you wave hello when we pass them!"

Fury and Bulk kept going inching closer and closer. But Fury was getting a bit tired of carrying the two on his back. He wasn't a mule after all.

"I hope you guys had fun, but I think you guys can take it from here." Fury panted, letting me Wind Breaker and Swifty off of his back. They soon came face to face with Soarin' and Spitfire.

"Sup, Captain. Nice to see you're not in last place." Rainbow Dash said, addressing her superior as if she were in the Wonderbolts. Spitfire smiled at her recruit running next to her.

"No need for formalities, trainee, this is supposed to be fun. And besides, I still have a score to settle with the kitty over here."

"Wow, are you still heated about the dirt rally?" Fury asked. "I thought Wonderbolts didn't hold grudges?"

Spitfire smirked. "Hey, I'm just saying I have a score to settle. We Wonderbolts have a great pride and we aren't gonna let you have it without a little fight."

Soarin laughed. "Yeah, that's just how Spitfire is. Always wanting a challenge."

Fury responded with a cocky smirk. "Well missy, if you want a challenge, I'll give you one right now!"

Fury said as he gave a sprint to the corner and made a fast turn. The others followed suit. But Fury took a different approach to the curve, letting his paws slide along the crystal roads as he "Drifted" the corner at high speed. Spitfire and Soarin' were shocked, they had never seen such a smooth trick be taken out with such ease. .

"Maybe we should have him as a wonderbolt." Soarin suggested.

"Sorry, no thanks. I already have a team! And we're gonna win this thing!" Fury said as all of Team Ponyville finally took the lead.

Spitfire and Soarin' still looked in shock. Spitfire told herself someday she will beat the worthy feline foe Fury.

Meanwhile for Fury, they were three quarters of the way to the finish line. Everyone was excited from the cheering spectators to the Ponyville team themselves.

"Aww, yeah, we're gonna have a sweet victory today!" Rainbow said.

And yet for some reason, Fluttershy seemed a little troubled.

Bulk asked "What's the matter, Fluttershy? We're winning."

"It's just… I was wondering about those two cheaters. Have we really defeated them? Or are they planning something?"

"Look Flutters, Fury took care of those chumps. We're fine! Don't worry." Rainbow reassured her friend. Although even Fury wondered if they had completely escaped them. And those questions would soon be answered as his final challenge would come to face him.

"Hey, do you hear something?" Wind Breaker asked. "It sounds like a crystal shattering."

"Yeah the sound is kind of annoying." Fury admitted. He looked back but saw nothing at first.

"Maybe it's just our paranoia- WATCH OUT!"

Fury narrowly avoided a crystal shard coming launching right at him. And he avoided another one too.

"What in the world was that?!" Fluttershy asked. Fury looked over from where the shard came from and saw exactly what he thought he'd never see until the end of the race.

"It's TwoFace and Sweet Treats, they're back! And it looks like they're seeing red for my little tricks, literally!" Fury said.

"And I bet you that red they're seeing is probably your blood pouring out as they put the last blow on you." Swifty said, looking concerned.

TwoFace and Sweet Treats both were lobbing them endlessly. Both were quite strong in their legs allowing them to throw far being that it was a griffon and earth pony.

"It's a bit shameful we had to destroy that gorgeous crystal to stop them." Sweet Treats commented while throwing shards. Even she appreciated aesthetics at least when it fit her narrow definition of beauty.

"A necessary sacrifice, this one's personal. I don't care if the princesses themselves have a bone to pick with me for this. Once I'm done, it'll be his bones they'll be picking up off the streets." Said TwoFace with a devilish smirk on his beak.

"Normally I would say that would be barbaric, but if it's that filthy furball we're talking about, then I would mind that. Maybe I'll have his fur for my coat." She smiled now without any more guilt.

He focused up on his next throw, aiming a little bit ahead of Fury before throwing and nailing Fury in the leg.

"Aaaagh!" Fury yelped out in pain as he held his leg up, a small stream of blood flowing down the crystal sticking into his leg.

"Fury!!" His team called out as he tripped up and skidded to a stop, face in the ground.

"Fury, are you alright?!" Rainbow asked in desperation.

"You need healing now!" Fluttershy cried out.

Fury looked up at them and was surprised.

"Why are you stopping for me!? Go with the others, I'll deal with them!" Fury said. Rainbow was put off by his disregard for his condition.

"Dude, you have a crystal sticking out of your leg, I can't leave you!"

"You sure can!" Fury said sternly. "Remember, it's the first team to get all of their members across the line for the win. And I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of other racers getting stuck in the traps, we're fine. I'm fine, just go!"

Rainbow Dash wanted to help him, but she knew he was right. If he could take these two on and get to the finish line in time, he could still get Ponyville the win. In a last moment of respect, she gave him a silent nod and took off. Fury looked over and saw TwoFace and Sweet Treats approaching. Standing up on three legs, he wobbled around a bit before looking at them.

"Well well, looks like the cat's nine lives managed to save him. No matter though, you're still at our mercy." TwoFace said ominously.

"Heh heh heh heh. Aww, look at you. So pitiful. How does your leg feel, kitty? A little messed up?" Sweet Treats mocked him.

Fury didn't mind their insults. Instead, he began to chuckle as he showed his fangs and revealed his slitted eyes.

"Do you really think I care about a little spilled blood?" Fury said in a cold tone. He then grabbed the crystal, violently pulled it out of him, and licked his own blood off of the shard. All without breaking eye contact.

"I don't care in the slightest, I love the taste of blood. Now, let's see how yours tastes."

At the base of the Crystal Palace…

"I don't care in the slightest, I love the taste of blood. Now, let's see how yours tastes." The crowd watching the screens were simultaneously scared and horrified by Fury's bloodthirsty move, they had no idea he could be so terrifying considering his usually peppy mood.

"Princess Celestia, what's going to happen?" Twilight asked nervously.

"I think, my former student… we are about to witness what happens if you incur a Speed Shifter's wrath…" Celestia said as she saw Fury staring into his opponents with eyes of hatred.

Fury's teeth were exposed. His eyes slit. His claws ready for action.

"Gee, what's the big deal? I just wanted to stop you and you didn't listen." Sweet Treats asked. She would soon regret asking as Fury practically teleported up to her and grabbed her by the neck.

"The big deal is… you messed with the wrong one today. And I'm about to show you what happens when I snap." Fury said, holding her tight. Sweet Treats had a look of unbridled terror and pain. She gasped for air as she watched her vision start to tunnel, begging in vain for him to let her go, her eyes beginning to roll into the back of her head.

"Oh don't go out now, I'm just getting started." Fury said, thrusting her into the street and knocking her out. "Then again, you weren't the one who stuck me with the shard and you most likely wouldn't be conscious after what I would do anyway, so who cares?"

TwoFace gazed at him with a sense of both fear and awe. He never saw such efficient power as from that speed shifter. He was amazed but also realized he was in trouble. Fury snapped his vision over to his next target and made him flinch.

"T-that mare was quite annoying am I right, Speed Shifter? She should have shown a powerful beast like you far more respe-" He was immediately cut off by a punch that was so strong it bent his beak before being pinned against a wall.

"Shut up." Fury snapped, his eyes beginning to glow as he passively charged a new ability that not even the emperor himself had done. "You have disrespected me and my kind for the last time! So, what I'm going to do is show you our power. Our status. Our paralyzing rage."

Fury looked dead into TwoFace's eyes and held onto him, making sure he was looking back at him. Then, TwoFace's eyes began to glow red as if he was being transferred some of Fury's energy. But what would happen next would be the most painful experience that any creature would be put through.

TwoFace began to see visions, memories of Speed Shifter's past as he saw blood and bones be pried out of different creatures. Cragodiles, Ursa Minors, Maulworfs. He saw it all. He began to scream in terror, his eyes becoming pools of red energy as he was subjected to this mental torture. Cracks of red electric energy began to flow down his body, disabling his motor functions as it moved down his front legs, to his tail and back legs. He saw blood spew and splatter across different surfaces as the trademark ungodly roar of Fury's kind rang out in his ears. And in one final scream of pain and fear, he was completely paralyzed by Fury's aura.

Fury dropped him to the ground and stared down at him, TwoFace's body overrun by his energy. His eyes were completely red with energy, his body twitching as if he was seizing as the energy coursed around his body. Fury smiled and chuckled darkly as he stared at the paralyzed griffon before him, turning to leave as he opened his mouth to say one more thing.

"I… Am… A GOD." He said as he took off to hopefully bring in the win for the Equestria Games.

Everyone watching the screen was in awe. Complete silence. They didn't know what they were watching.

For the princesses, they had seen much, but never this.

Twilight was the first to speak" Just… what… is… Night Fury?"

Cadence also spoke up. "I mean I don't know. But he called himself a deity. Maybe he was just being dramatic though." She said not being sure what to make of what she saw.

"That was no drama, Cadenza." Luna said, using Cadence's royal name. "That was pure and utter fear being distilled upon that griffon, the power of Night Fury's lineage paralyzing him in overwhelming fear. That was no show, that was a warning."

Celestia added. "A warning of what was to happen to those who crossed Fury's friends, family and his own life."

"My goodness, I didn't know our son had it in him." said an unusually surprised Obsidian.

His wife was almost speechless.

Black Ice spoke up. "Is this… the true potential of the All Powerfuls? Is our son truly this powerful?"

"I think it's more than that, Ms. Black Ice," said Spike. "This is the potential of creatures that we haven't seen, powers we have not the understanding to comprehend, legacies that we have no information about to be revealed. This is more than just potential… This is history being set in stone for what we should take into consideration as new lifeforms make themselves known."

Spike then walked over to the solar goddess.

"Celestia, I heard about what Luna said about ponies being soft. I think you should see this as a sign that if ponies don't take a different approach to dealing with problems and enemies, we may as well get set down a peg in not just the food chain, but the hierarchy of life itself. I've been raised by ponies my entire life and while I may not know all there is about our way of life, I know for sure that if we don't make some changes, we may have bigger things to worry about than King Sombra and Chrysalis."

Twilight looked at Spike with surprise. She never knew Spike could speak so eloquently.

"Spike… I'm so proud of you. You're becoming wiser every day!" Twilight said, almost crying.

Spike blushed at this. "Aw thanks Twi, but now's not the time. What do you think of all this, Celestia?"

Celestia pondered for a moment. "I think, Spike, you do have a point. Just like Fury said. Our enemies are indeed growing stronger, and we are growing weaker. We must be more prepared. Otherwise who knows what may happen?"

"You are correct in your judgment, sister. I believe that now, more than ever, that Night Fury will be our guide to a safer and more prosperous future." Luna said.

"Same here. It looks like he's becoming what he was destined to be, a guiding light to a better future. But instead of just his own kind, he is doing it for all of Equestria." Cadence said.

"Well you guys are basically my family after all." Spike said.

Cadence turned back to the small dragon and snickered. "You do know who we're talking about… Right, Spike?"

"Oh right, of course. Heh. Whoops." Spike said a bit embarrassed at the misunderstanding. Although Cadence still hugged him and he hugged her back. Everyone was happy.

"Well, either way," Celestia said. "Fury seems to be running toward his goal now. It seems like he's catching up to his teammates."

As a matter of fact, Fury was catching up to his teammates. But he was behind the rest of the pack that had passed him during his little ordeal. While there were still some other racers behind him, it was only two from Manehattan and Cloudsdale. This was his time, his time to take the gold medal and win his rightful place amongst his friends.

Rainbow Dash and the rest of the team were running fast towards the finish line, the crowd finally coming into sight.

"There's the finish line! Come on, just a little more."

"I hope Fury is still okay." Fluttershy said. "He's still not here."

"Yeah, and that TwoFace and even Sweet Treats were two nasty creatures." Swiftly said.

"Yeah." Bulk said more softly. "I hope his leg is not as bad as my wings now.'

"Even so, he'll pull through. He did it in the Dirt Rally and the Ariel Relay, he'll do it here for sure." Wind Breaker said.

"I have no doubt. Now let's cross the line and catch our breath." Rainbow Dash said, pointing to the Crystal Palace. The team made the final push to the finish line and crossed it, a few of the other teams following suit.

"And we have our first contestants crossing the line! Ponyville has 5 over the line while Manehattan and Cloudsdale are each also missing one. GriffonStone has two over the line and Fillydelphia seems to be nowhere in sight, so it's up to these last three!" The announcer said. The other teams then came over to Ponyville's team to speak.

"Hey, this was a nice race. And I'm sorry about Night Fury, TwoFace is way out of line." Skylar said.

"And we're sorry for Sweet Treats, she was a bad influence from the time we met her and we didn't do anything." added High Tower.

"Yeah she reminds me a bit of my old boss, Suri," added the shy Coco Pommel. "No regard for anyone but herself. The ends justifies the means for her. I've heard she underpays the other bakers and treats them horribly."

"That was majorly messed up, I have no idea what was going on with those two." Said Fleetfoot. The Ponyville team were glad to hear the support for their friend, it was a heartwarming thing to hear in such a competitive environment.

"Thanks guys, it really means alot to hear that." Swifty said.

"Yeah me too! You guys are AWESOME!" Bulk screamed out.

"Wait, I think I see something back there. It's black. Is that… Night Fury?" Windchaser asked.

"It is! And it looks like he's got two on his tail, who are they?" Swiftly wondered aloud.

"Looks like a light blue pegasus and a griffon with a single gray talon." Wind Breaker pointed out.

"That's Soarin' and Stone Claw, and they're putting in work! But at this point, I'm rooting for Ponyville!" Said T-bone.

"Hey guys, Fury's on the final stretch!" Rainbow called out, getting the attention of the rest of the Mane Six, Fury's parents and the princesses.

"Wait, it looks like Fury has something on his leg. Is that… a flag of the Crystal Empire wrapped around his leg to cover his puncture wound?" Twilight asked.

"Heh, the guy's resourceful. I like that." Rainbow Dash replied, smirking.

Fury, despite feeling pain, showed off his smile.

"Hey everyone, bet ya missed me huh? Well don't worry, I'm here to win this thing and have us eat some good stuff!" Fury cried out to his teammates, the Mane Six, his parents and the princesses.

They were also so happy to see him even if a little distraught at his leg.

He slowly but surely made his way to the finish line. He finally crossed and though he was last everyone cheered for him nonetheless as he brought himself, Soarin' and Stone Claw and Stone Claw to the finish line.

"Ladies and gentlecolts, this has been quite an excitement if I do say so myself! And as the last one of his team to cross the finish line and complete the roster… Ladies and Gentlecolts, Ponyville wins the Equestria Games!"

"We did it, guys, aww yeah!" Rainbow yelled out.

"Yeah!!!" Yelled Bulk Biceps.

"Alright, you did it!" Said Wind Breaker. Fury smiled at the celebration of his friends and felt like he was on top of the world.

"Ye-heah, that's how it's done!" Fury said before being picked up by his girlfriend in a hug.

"Congratulations, Lightning Bug, you did it!" Luna said, her happiness at an all time high.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the show, Moonpie. It was a tough ride, but I got it done!" Fury replied.

"And I'm glad you could make it to the finish line. Very resourceful of you to use one of my kingdom's flags as a bandage." Cadence said with a chuckle. Fury blushed at her observation and chuckled.

"Heh… I can get you a new one."

"No need, I'm pretty sure I can handle one flag being gone amongst the literal thousands that are strewn across the city." Cadence reassured him with a smile. "But we have only one Night Fury."

"True wisdom, my niece." Luna said. "Are you alright?"

"Oh I'll be fine, moonpie, as long as I see your face." He said as he kissed her.

"Awww, how cute!" Black Ice put in. "Congratulations sweetie, you made your mark!"

"Your mother's right, son, you set in stone the first Speed Shifter to ever compete in these games. I bet you're proud." Obsidian said.

"You bet I am, This was an amazing day and a fun one at that."

"But not without its challenges." Said another voice, that being Celestia's as she and Twilight made their appearance.

"Night Fury, you are truly an amazing creature. Your feats of athleticism over the course of these games have been astounding, I am truly impressed." Celestia said, Twilight nodding in agreement.

"Thanks again for the support, this was probably my biggest point in Equestrian history to date!" Fury said, earning a light chuckle out of the solar goddess. But her face became serious as she decided to address the elephant in the room.

"That may be so, but we must address the bigger matter in these past events…" She started.

"My little scuffle with Sweet Treats and TwoFace, I get it." Fury finished.

"Do you know what you had just done? With TwoFace in particular. I have never seen an ability like that in the long life I have had. Did you learn that from the emperor or from an ancient text?" Celestia said in complete confusion.

"Even I don't know, kid." Obsidian added. "What was that?"

Fury answered. "Well honestly, I don't know. It just came to me. I just felt like I knew what to do. It was almost like something was telling me what to do to defeat, not punish that TwoFace. It felt like a voice was urging me to bring those memories into him.."

"Even so, you completely paralyzed him. Not to mention he was screaming bloody murder, what was he seeing while he was looking into your eyes?" Twilight wondered aloud. Fury took a moment to think about what he did to TwoFace.

"Well, I remember seeing lots of flashbacks. Like memories but in rapid succession. They were… gruesome to say the least. Creatures getting gutted, blood flying, bones crunching, roars from other Speed Shifters. The whole lot." Fury recalled.

"Fury, I think you may have instilled a brief flash of visions from Speed Shifter's past into TwoFace's mind." Luna said.

"Well that does explain why he seemed to be talking to himself so much. While he was twitching on the ground, he was repeating something in the Speed Shifter language. Otoru Moani Luatu Ana." Fury said.

"What does that mean?" Twilight inquired.

"The weak shall fear the strong and fall to their mercy." Fury translated.

"I see. Is that an expression from your tribe?" Twilight asked.

"More like a shared expression throughout my kind. Ever since the emperor himself gave birth to our species and the All Powerfuls became a legendary part of our kind, this saying has gone through every part of our history. From the time my kind were familiar with the Crystal Empire's original queen, Queen Amore. To the very three Speed Shifters you see in front of you, this 'motto' of strength and power has been with us for generations and I doubt it will ever fall into silence by the time I'm dead and gone." Fury said.

"Fascinating." Twilight said.

"This doesn't mean that the weak will be bullied though right?" Fluttershy said a little nervous.

"Fluttershy!" Twilight scolded her.

"Don't worry. It means more that those who are morally strong and the ones with strong will shall dominate those with weak hearts and ideals." Fury explained.

"Oh thank goodness." Fluttershy said.

"And just so we're clear, you aren't weak, Fluttershy. Especially with how you yelled at that ugly griffon for messing with Bulk." Fury said. And then continued on.

"But, it is kind of a way to make sure that other creatures know that if you mess us… you'll either be left paralyzed temporarily, for the rest of your life, or just straight up dead. Just ask our friends TwoFace and Sweet Treats." Fury said in an unsettlingly calm demeanor.

As if on cue, the two aforementioned cheaters come into view behind Fury. Sweet Treats was still walking by herself, although mildly wobbly as her head had taken quite a beating from Fury's blows as shown by the gauze wrapped around her noggin. Meanwhile TwoFace was asleep on a stretcher, Fury's leftover energy having finally dissipated as he was loaded into an ambulance wagon and taken to the hospital. Sweet Treats was completely silent, but with a look of sheer trauma far from the chatty braggart she usually was, not even noticing Fury or the others, as if completely detached from the world.

The group watched as the two were cared for, all keeping a passive eye on the one who put them in that state as he smiled and licked his fangs.

"I think I made my point." Fury said succinctly.

"Yeah, that's an understatement." Rainbow said. "I don't think those two will be cheating any time soon. Or even talking at this point."

"Oh they won't be. And if they try again, I'll make sure they'll stop talking. Forever." Fury said casually. All of his friends were very unsettled, but the most unsettled of them all was surprisingly Cadence. She had met a lot of ponies with an attitude like Fury, mostly happy all the time but could switch up in an instant at the right moment.

Being who she was as The Princess of Love, she was used to reading emotions and getting to know how someone acts. But Fury, there was nothing traditional about his emotions. They were all meshes of random feelings and thoughts, somehow existing in a chaos-free state without any conflict and in complete control. She had seen a lot in her day, but him, he was a different story.

He was someone who seemed on the surface a relaxed feline, just wanting to spend time and have fun. But as she learned, this was only the surface. Inside is a storm of confusing emotions and memories. And not just because he was a Speed Shifter but also because he seemed to be one of the All Powerfuls, whatever they were.

Then the princess of love spoke up. "Well, Fury, you sure have done and experienced a lot today. But do you think you should tell the emperor about this? Perhaps to unlock whatever mysteries even you are unsure of?"

Fury turned around to see Cadence was speaking and replied. "No, not this time. He may be linked to me now, but that doesn't mean that all of my actions, feelings, and emotions should go through him like some sort of spiritual therapist. And trust me when I say, Cadence, some things are better left lost to just a memory."

Cadence was confused for a moment. "Wait, he's linked to you? Is he still around?"

"Unfortunately no. After a little history recap with Twilight when me and Luna found those artifacts in the Silver Blue, we determined that Emperor Snowdrift died right around the time Princess Platinum, Commander Hurricane, and Chancellor Puddinghead unified the three tribes and founded Equestria. Though his spirit does live on… in my subconscious mind."

"How did he link up to you in the first place?" Cadence asked.

"When Luna and I discovered the ancient temple within the Silver Blue, we found a memorial to his grave and a scroll that housed a spell that could link another Speed Shifter to him within their subconscious. He's been a guide for months now and I can't thank him enough." Fury explained, then he got an idea.

"Hey, do you wanna meet him? I can summon him from my mind for you." He asked. Cadence was surprised at this new information being given to her, but she was interested nonetheless.

"Sure, I would love to meet him!" She said excitedly. Fury nodded and took a secure stance as he began to speak his kind's language.

"Aru, mazah, nelu, koru, telu…" The Speed Shifter chanted.

Cadence was astounded by the sheer focus of his speech, it was almost as if she was witnessing the perfection of the magical arts. Soon enough, a red see through figure split off from fury and took its form with long teeth, a short tail and a red cape almost like King Sombra's. There, standing before her, was Emperor Snowdrift.

"I have been summoned, what is it that you wish to speak on, young one." The emperor said in a calm but powerful voice that caught Cadence off guard.

"Actually, I'd like you to meet someone that I've been meaning to introduce you to." Fury said, pointing out the pink alicorn and speaking again.

"Emperor Snowdrift, this is Princess Cadence. Ruler of the Crystal Empire. She was the one that not only gave me the means to come to Equestria in the first place, but was a driving factor in releasing my parents from the Shadow Shifter's grip."

The emperor gave the princess a bow. "It is nice to meet you Princess Cadence. You have done great things for not just Night Fury but for all of our kind. We owe you and your people dearly."

"Thank you very much, Your Highness. I'm pleased to meet your student Night Fury. He has learned so much. And his power is unbelievable now. But may I ask a question of you?"

"Indeed. I am happy to impart knowledge. What is it that you inquire about?"

"Is Night Fury one of the All Powerfuls? And will he be destined to be mightier than ever thought possible? And what about those who wish to seek him out?" She asked, the emperor nodding to her inquiries.

"Ah good questions, good questions. To answer them all… Yes, Night Fury is destined to be one of the All Powerfuls. Given his birthmark and the prophecy's speaking of the one with the mark of The Raging Storm shall continue the legacy, he is the next in line. He will become a mighty warrior for all and be the guiding light for a better and brighter future." The emperor smiled at this.

"And yes, those who seek him out will exist. Some looking for his guidance, some looking to try and rewrite his destiny by force. But either way, he will be a point of interest throughout his entire life for as long as he is willing to bear the responsibility of holding up this legacy."

Fury nodded. "And I will do my best to make it so. I won't let you down emperor."

"But there is one thing that I'd like to ask of you, your highness." The emperor spoke.

"Of course, what questions do you have?"

"How familiar are you with your childhood?" The emperor asked. Cadence was taken aback by the rather personal question, but decided to oblige.

"Well, I know that I was raised by two lovely pegasus ponies in a small town when I was young. They loved me and cared for me to the bitter end. But when they found out that they couldn't support a child anymore, they unfortunately had to give me up for adoption. That's when my aunts Celestia and Luna came in to care for me as their adoptive niece." Cadence recalled. Twilight nodded sadly as she remembered the story.

"While I do not doubt that happened to you and I have many condolences for your troubles, I have to tell you that… you may have had a different life altogether."

Cadence raised her eyebrow. "But we just met. How would you know anything about me?"

"Not you in particular but I know of the Crystal Empire, and I know of its ruler Queen Amore. She was a wonderful ruler who ruled with love and honor."

"I heard of her. Celestia told me about her good and honorable rule but what does this have to do with Cadence's childhood?" Twilight asked. The emperor took a deep breath and began to speak his peace.

"The thing about that is… I have proof, solid evidence that she, Queen Amore, was Cadence's original birth mother."

"What?!" Cadence and Twilight both gasped.

"She's my… mother? I was originally the heir to the Crystal Empire even before I knew about it? She had to send me away?" Cadence asked with surprise.

"That is correct. From what the queen herself had told me, you were born in a time of war. Battles across the frozen north rattled the nation to its core. You were meant to take over your mother's duties as the newest princess of the Crystal Empire. But unfortunately, the world you would have grown up in was not a safe place. She gave you up to that pegasus family as a way to protect you and preserve the future of what would be your future kingdom. And as I said, I have proof. Observe." The emperor manifested a few pictures into his paws and gave it to Night Fury who allowed Cadence and Twilight to see.

"Woah, check it out. You guys were tight back then, weren't you?" Fury asked.

"Yes. Back then, Speed Shifters were well known to ponies, but only the Crystal Empire was aware of our existence. My relationship with the queen was strong as she made trade deals with us and held celebrations in our honor." The emperor said. Fury flipped through the pictures until he came up on a picture of Queen Amore laying on a bed with something swaddled in a blanket.

"What… what is this?" Twilight asked.

"The very picture to prove my point. Look closely at what, or who is next to her." Fury took the picture and used his power to enlarge the photo. The group looked closely at what they realized was a swaddled newborn, and what they realized shocked them all.

"Oh… my… gosh. Look at the baby. Pink fur with a swirled mane in a tri-color of pink, yellow and purple! Cadence, that's you!" Fury said.

Cadence was silent for a moment. "So she was my mother the whole time. I always wondered where I came from. I knew I had a special connection to the crystal ponies ever since I first came here. Almost as if the Crystal Empire was calling to me. But I never imagined I would be the daughter of Queen Amore herself" Cadence took a deep breath. "Can I ask… what she was like, Emperor? Was she…kind?"

The emperor smiled. "Very much so. She was a loving ruler who cared for her subjects well but respected us Speed Shifters just as much. I will miss her and it is quite a shame that the Crystal Empire was sealed up by Sombra for so long. But if she were here, she would be very proud of you for what you have done, Princess Cadence." He said. "As she once told me, 'Love is the key to everything.' And I ask that for her sake, you remember that saying forever."

Cadence took this to heart and even gave a brief tear. "I will always remember that and I will carry on her legacy. King Sombra might have destroyed the Empire once but I will make sure it comes back again."

After a moment of silence and comfort. Cadence was ready to say her farewells to him. "Thank you for telling me this. I've always wondered where I had come from. And I'm glad you were there to teach us these things."

The emperor nodded. "It is my pleasure. Farewell and I ask you two to be ready for whatever happens in the future. This is the rebirth of not just the Crystal Empire, but of Speed Shifters as well. I sense Crystal Ponies and Speed Shifters and even other ponies will be interconnected in the future. Keep each other strong and stay alert. Farewell."

The emperor of Speed Shifters finally disappeared, merging back with Night Fury's mind.

"Will you be okay, Cadence?" Twilight asks.

"More than okay, relieved and happy." Cadence said letting a tear of joy out. After that she turned to Fury. "Anyways I didn't mean to neglect you, Team Ponyville. Let us have a feast in your honor today!"

"Oh you bet I want one!" Fury said.

"YEAHHH!" Bulk added.

"I would like that very much," Fluttershy said. Cadence nodded and then turned to Fury as she gave him a tight hug.

"Thank you. Thank you for showing me this, I have always wondered where I came from and what I was destined to do and you gave me that clarity. I would have never thought that a single invitation to my wedding would bring such an amazing friend. Thank you." She said in a teary voice.

Fury hugged her back. "Anytime, Cadence. Anytime. And I know you've done the same for me."

Cadence and Fury shared a great respect for each other. They knew they could trust each other like siblings.

"And now that I've seen your past, I can finally put to rest one of my long running theories about you." Fury said.

"And what is that theory?" Cadence asked.

"That you really did look like a small piece of candy as a baby." Fury laughed, returning to his usual jokester tone.

"Uh oh, this oughta be good." Rainbow Dash said.

"He always has to say something, huh?" Twilight sighed.

Cadence pouted. "Do you always think I'm candy? I'm the Princess of the Crystal Empire, not the Candy Kingdom!"

"Cadence, please. Look at yourself and tell me that your mane doesn't at least look like a batch of lollipops?" Fury said, running off and returning with a mirror.

Cadence looked at herself. She had to admit he had a point. "I never noticed before, I have to admit. This mane of mine does resemble them. To an extent! You have to admit it doesn't look that much like lollipops. You must be eating too many sweets."

"Oh really? Back in a flash." Fury said, taking off again. This time, he returned with a lollipop in his paw that had the exact color scheme of Cadence's mane in a swirl. Cadence looked in the mirror, then to the lollipop, and back to the mirror.

"You have got to be kidding me…" She deadpanned.

"You see, young mare? Some truths in this world are pleasant. But others are cruel and dark. But this is the truth." Fury said sarcastically. "You can either admit it or run away from it. Your choice." He snickered, grinning like a Cheshire cat as he licked his lollipop.

Cadence then took his lollipop with her magic. "You're right about that, Fury. I can't run from the truth. But you know who else can't? You. And you know what that truth is." She responded with a creepy smile.

"Yeah, not today. See ya!" Fury said as he transformed into a woodpecker and flapped his way to safety.

"Too bad, Candy mane. I've got the advantage here! Catch you guys at the after-party! He he he hah he!" He said, laughing a silly chuckle because flying away.

"Oh no you don't! I won't let a woodpecker beat the Princess of Love! Come back here!" Cadence flew after him.

Many of those watching were chuckling.

"Wow, does he ever tire out?" Twilight asked.

"I believe so, Twilight. But let us leave their business to them." Luna said with a knowing smile. "For now, let us enjoy the spoils of victory at this grand party! Come friends, and we shall indulge with glee!"

"Yeah, let's go eat!" Rainbow said. "I want to try some of that grub in Apatite that Cadence kept mentioning! Let's go team! Our next assignment, eat as much as you can!"

Everyone cheerfully ran to their destination for food. It was a time of victory, triumph and discovery. The games were concluded.

"I must say, this was most interesting. I never expected a Speed Shifter to have that much power…" said someone in the shadows.

"Yeah, it traumatized that big brute for life. I think Blueblood will want to hear of this. But will we be able to beat him?"

"Don't worry, I've heard of an energy absorbing beast who may help us and those shadow shifters. This is just the beginning and we are starting to learn."

"Heh heh yeah. Look out, Night Fury, you'll be the one to have pain inflicted on your mind soon enough."

PreviousChapters Next