• Published 29th Jul 2021
  • 1,524 Views, 69 Comments

To Equestria And Beyond (Rewrite In Progress) - NightFurySpeedey8156

  • ...
21
 69
 1,524

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: A BlueBlooded Backstab

The sun rose over Canterlot. It was a bright and sunny day in Equestria as the day was just getting started. Fury snoozed in his bed, dreaming about a certain blue alicorn giving him some snuggles.

This princess of the night gave a soft smile that was greater than any he had seen. She looked so lovely in the moonlight.

"Night Fury," Luna said. "You are one of the greatest heroes I have known. Kiss me."

"Aww I'm not that great…" Fury said with a nervous grin.

"You are to me, my fellow creature of the night." Luna said. "Now kiss me. Your princess commands you." She said with a piercing yet soft expression.

"Well, don't mind if I do, beautiful." He replied. They moved in on eachother, lips almost locked as they closed their eyes. But an interruption stopped his greatest moment from going any further.

"Night Fury! NIGHT FURY! Wake up already!"

"Ugh!" The formerly sleeping Fury opened his eyes, ending his pleasant fantasy. "Could you not wake me some other time Cadence? I was just about to make my move on… Never mind. What were you saying?" Fury said not wanting to reveal his somewhat embarrassing dream.

"Hmmm." Cadence hummed with a knowing smirk. "I'll leave your fantasies with a lunar entity for later." Night Fury's cheeks blushed at having divulged too much to the Princess of Love.

"For now I came to get you up for a meeting. Celestia wants to detail what she will do about Prince Blueblood. You'll want to hear this."

Hearing this, his once tired eyes became sharp and focused. The gravity of this situation made him serious.

"I'm all in. Take me to the meeting."

"Okay then, follow me." Cadence instructed, walking out of the room.

"Wait a minute, why does this have to be so boring? Can't we make this a little more fun?" Fury suggested.

"Oh? And what would you suggest?"

"Racing you there!" Fury smirked, putting his paws to the floor and taking a racing position.

"Sounds like a fine challenge, Ambassador. I used to be quite a racer as a teen. Let's see if I can still pull it off against you. I bet I can." Cadence said with a cocky face.

"Yeah we'll see but don't worry about winning. After all, I was taught to be courteous to old mares."

Cadence now turned from amused to angry.

"Old?! Me?! I'll show you how old I am!" Cadence said preparing herself. "This will be a good payback back when you tried to steal my wedding cake."

"We'll see. We'll see."

They braced for impact and… whoosh! The two casual contestants sped like the speed of sound.

-

Meanwhile in the conference room…

"Do you think that Fury is sleeping in again?" Luna asked her sister, sipping on her coffee.

"I'm sure he will awaken soon." Celestia reassured her. It had been a rather quiet morning considering how chaotic things usually were with Celestia and Luna's advisors waking them up with everything in Equestria to do before even breakfast. But, nothing of the sort was going on today. At least not yet…

"Ha! I made it here first- Augh!" Cadence announced as she burst through the door before getting knocked out of the way by Fury.

"I told you that I would beat you! Ha, suck it, you oversized piece of cotton candy with curls!" Fury said with his tongue sticking out.

"What did I tell you, Luna?" Celestia looked on amused.

The princess cleared her throat.

"Well Night Fury, you seem to be in a very fine mood." Celestia said.

"Better than ever, now that I proved to this ancient lollipop with legs who's better!" Fury said cheekily.

"I swear, I'm gonna get you for that comment, fish breath!" Cadence shot back.

"Aww, how adorable, grandma is making threats. Do I need to get your walker, miss?" Fury smirked.

"I'm only a few years older than you!" Cadence said unamused "Although with the way you act you seem like a child in comparison." She smirked once more.

"Well technically, I am still a child. At least in cat years."

"Wait, you are?" Now Cadence was just confused.

"Yeah. If I were to take my age and transfer it to pony years, I'd only be barely breaking teenage."

"Huh, I guess we learn something new everyday." Cadence remarked.

"Of course, we Speed Shifters are expected to have responsibilities early on. Our elders want us to be productive early on." Fury specified. "It's kind of exhausting. Pony kids have it easy compared to us."

"Wow, just wow. You two went from pure chaos to exchanging information about each other just like that. I swear, you two are basically siblings with the way I've seen you act when you're together." Luna chimed.

"I concur." Celestia nodded.

"Yeah. He reminds me of the ponies I used to babysit too and think of as siblings. Like Twilight Sparkle. Although admittedly she was very mature for her age compared to someone else I know." Cadence said with a teasing smile.

"Hey, at least I'm willing to admit that I'm just a random chaotic mess sometimes." Fury chuckled.

"Well you seem to be getting along quite soundly." Celestia said with a smile. But then she looked more serious. "However, these pleasantries will have to wait. I want to talk to you about what we plan to do with my nephew."

Night Fury then snarled.

"Oh yeah, that charismatic moron." Fury was livid about how this pampered prince made his life a living Tartarus for the past week. But it will finally be over. "How about this, princesses? Arrest him! Throw him with that three headed dog! You're the princesses after all. Then I can finally be done with him!"

"Unfortunately Fury, as much as I wish I could, I can't. Because he is technically a relative of the royal family and an elite, it is virtually impossible for anypony to do anything to him whether he did something worthy of punishment or not. I couldn't even do anything to him." Celestia said.

Night Fury was shocked at this. He assumed that anypony would have to be shown responsibility.

"What kind of system do you ponies have where someone can get away with whatever they want just because their daddy's so freaking special?!" Fury roared with anger.

"Our government is not as perfect as we make it out to be." Celestia said, looking down. "We had to make deals with certain groups to ensure unity. We hope things change one day but it will be hard." Celestia said.

Fury was about to yell at her. But then he remembered his job as ambassador was to persuade through arguments not banter.

"And there's the problem, pandering to the lowest common denominator. When it comes to this, I will admit, I'm a little confused about the way things work. But if I were in the main governmental front, I would never make an exception for any royal or elite. A crime is a crime, end of discussion."

"Well, it is hard to make it work out…" Celestia said.

"Well then we'll make a change to the system to bring that sucker to justice!"

Luna looked intently at Fury.

"I agree sister. Just because it is a tradition we have put up with for centuries does not mean we should accept it any longer. I say we fight for what is right!" Luna loudly proclaimed.

"Yeah, auntie Luna's right. While I do see the benefits in making those groups happy, trying to make every group happy is just not good. It's like a relationship, you can try your absolute best to make your partner happy, doing every single thing to keep them up even if they don't return the affection and hard work you put in. But in that effort you make yourself feel worse, constantly pushing yourself to the brink just to be over the top instead of just doing the best you can." Cadence explained.

Celestia thought of this for a little.

"Alright. I will do what I can. But I will need all your help to get Blueblood convicted. We need to present as much evidence as possible." Celestia said.

"Well, with the bombing, his accociate Green Bits, and his second identity we should be able to just use that to our advantage. But I say we dig deeper. Green Bits said that he had something against not just me, but my whole tribe. And he was the one behind the museum incident with the Truther and the Manipulator being on his payroll." Cadence suggested.

"I agree, with what we have, that's just the bare minimum. We should keep going." Luna said. "But I do have one query, why would he do this in the first place?"

"I think I have an idea why." Fury said. "I think he's doing this because he thinks that I've had my life too easy going."

"Why do you think that?" Celestia asked.

"Think about it. A foreign creature gets invited to the wedding of a princess, immediately hits it off with everypony he meets, and gets granted permanent asylum in Equestria along with being given the title of ambassador, making him an elite member of society all in one day. Not to mention he gets a nice house that is out of the way for him to relax and live his new life in luxury. Who wouldn't start to think that I just got spoon fed an easy start to my new life?"

Celestia nodded.

"It does make sense. Many think of him as just a do nothing snob. But he actually does a lot of diplomacy and works for the Equestrian government. He can be irritating. But he does his duties quite well. And as annoying as he is, he does not do anything outwardly illegal or controversial. It seems to prefer to do that behind the scenes." Celestia wondered aloud.

"That answers my question." Celestia said. "Jealousy can be quite a curse."

"No doubt about that, princess." Fury said, beginning his explanation of the situation. "So now that we have an idea of why he's doing this, we just have to figure out how. From what we know, Blueblood has multiple connections with ponies in and outside of the city. And he has enough influence on me being a good for nothing rabid beast, that he has a personal work force at his disposal. From what I can only assume are partially made up of rogue guards from the past considering what Green Bits said during our little sparring match." Night Fury theorized.

But Night Fury was not afraid.

"But even he can't get away completely. There must be some things that even his fanpony connections can't help him with." Fury said. "He must have asked for Manehattan to separate from Canterlot's influence or keep him being involved with criminal organizations with illegal weapons under the radar. Even they can't accept these things!" Fury proclaimed.

"So he must be persuading other elites and officials to keep him covered." Cadence said.

"I doubt that he's doing this himself, he's too much of a hothead to persuade anyone without it getting difficult. It must be this Truther character that's doing this." Luna added.

"That Truther guy! Yeah, that makes sense. He probably with his silver tongue convinced ponies to turn against me! In fact, it seems Blueblood has a whole cabal of secret members willing to help him with his job." Night Fury said. "So perhaps we need to take them down. Now that we know Blueblood is connected with them we might be able to find where he is."

Celestia nodded.

"So let me guess, you wish for one last operation to crack down on the rest of the members of my nephew's minions?" Celestia asked

"Yeah if we have enough info that is." Night Fury said.

"Well with the help of my husband and some assistance from Twilight Sparkle, since we knew about Green Bits connection with The Truther, we were able to track them down to certain catacombs of Canterlot." Cadence said while showing off some confidential documents.

"Just as I thought!" Night Fury said. "I'm gonna finally capture these jokers and prove once and for all Blueblood is manipulating Canterlot itself and tricking these elites into being his puppets. Even they will not like that!" Fury said, brimming with excitement. But before anything else was said, a loud growl filled the room. Fury blushed as he knew what it was.

"Heh, but first, how about we grab some food?"

The three princesses rolled their eyes at this sudden mood change. But they figured they could use the food.

"Eh, sure why not. We haven't eaten after all." Cadence said.

"Indeed. Let us fill our stomachs up so we can prepare for the final foray against these dreadful charlatans!" Luna said dramatically.

"Yeah!" Night Fury said as he ran to the kitchen.

-

After having satisfied their culinary needs, Night Fury was ready to go.

"Okay Celestia, just give me the directions I'll need and I'll be ready!"

Celestia gave him a map. "These tunnels are very dark and not a lot is known about them. They have many ancient secrets. But most importantly they might have some traps and obstacles."

"Well it's a good thing I know a new creature that can handle that." Fury said, transforming into something rather small.

"Huh, where did he go?" Luna asked.

"I'm still right here." A squeaky voice said. Luna looked at her muzzle to see that Fury had landed on her nose as a firefly.

"So this is your new form?" Luna asked, surprised. "How did you learn this?"

"Well I figured I would try more forms that were a bit less noticeable than a Cragodile. Smashing obstacles is a fun novelty at first but you realize it doesn't suit my stealthy ways. So I was practicing in the train car while heading back to Canterlot. I guess it was worth the training."

Luna was impressed with his work ethic.

"Well, I don't think that a lightning bug is going to be that useful. You're too small." Cadence acknowledged.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Fury admitted, transforming back. "There's got to be something that I can turn into that can help me out."

Night Fury paced around pondering.

"Could I be…a bat? It can fly and see in the dark! I can either be a normal bat with bad sight but echolocation or a fruit bat with echolocation but great sight! Then again, one hit from one of those traps and I'm done." Fury spread on the floor pretending he was dead.

This gave the princesses a chuckle.

"Well either way Night Fury I am sure you will find a proper form and method to wander the caverns." Celestia said.

"True, but for now, I've got some catacombs to explore. Wish me luck!" Night Fury said.

"You cannot go alone." Celestia said. "I shall go with you personally. Cadence and Luna have other things to do.

"Wow, such an honor. I am happy to have you accompany me, your royal majesty." Fury joked with a fake posh accent.

"Heh, my pleasure, almighty ambassador!" She fake bowed. "In all seriousness, I am the only one who knows these catacombs to some extent. I could be very useful."

"Well the more the merrier. So now can we go?" Night Fury said impatiently.

"Yes we may." The solar princess said.

"Then let's do it!

At this point Canterlot was still in a certain sense of paranoia over the recent conflicts as of late. Citizens were divided on what to do with Fury. So the feline figures he would wear robes to hide himself as he went to one of the hidden entrances in the drainage pipes leading to the sewers.

"Ugh, this is a bit gross. And that's saying something considering I used to roll around in mud wallows for fun." Night Fury said as he removed the nails from the grated lid.

"Well from my experience, it was worse than this when Canterlot was first founded." Celeztia said as she took the grate and put it to the side.

The two then went into the drainage pipe.

"How bad was it? I know that this city is beautiful, but it can't be without its downsides and flaws."

"Well, to say the least, Canterlot was a lot… dirtier back then. Both figuratively and literally. Outhouses littered the streets, vendors and salesponies replaced the now more sophisticated stores and shops. It was a time of transformation of course and those are often tough. From primitive to civilization." Celestia said as they were now in the sewers themselves and they made sure they were away from the water. "The First Families of Canterlot made sure to make this city into greatness. Blueblood and many elites probably think they are just like their ancestors but without doing all the hard work they did."

"Wow, I can only imagine how my kind would benefit from a cultural upgrade. But, they don't really trust anypony besides themselves. And that makes me wonder why they're so stubborn about not trusting anypony when it wasn't a sentient creature that sparked the controversy. If anything, I would have thought they would just suggest better security measures. Not completely lose trust in all other creatures in existence."

Celestia sighed with disappointment.

"Unfortunately my nephew is very stubborn. He might even think he will be replaced by you. Or at least more well loved. I would have loved you both. Sadly Blueblood needs to be taught a lesson." Celeztia said with determination.

"Oh he will. He will." Fury said with determination then he looked at his map. "Okay, the map says we should be coming up on a two way split." He looked up and saw that there was in fact a two way split.

"So, which way do we go?" Celestia inquired.

"Hang on, I need to listen." Fury replied. Celestia raised an eyebrow at the feline's request, but let him do his thing. Fury listened in on the minute details of the surrounding area. He listened to the left path…

Drip… Drip Drop…

Then he listened to his right…

Swoosh!

"This way." Fury said, pointing to his left.

"What were you listening for?" Celestia asked curiously.

"I was listening to where the tunnels lead. If we go right with all the sloshing and rushing, we would run straight into a whirlpool that led to the more narrow pipes that would crush us. But this way just has dripping noises coming from it, which means there's still a path to follow."

Celestia now realized Fury must have had a great deal of experience when it came to subterranean exploration.

"Well, let's test your theory." Celestia said as she went into the right tunnel. Fury was confused as to why Celestia would still take the right path, but didn't question it.

While it was dark and damp, it seemed so far there was no whirlpool.

"Woah, hit the brakes!" Fury called, pulling Celestia's tail.

"Ow, what was that fo-"

"Shhhh! Listen." Fury instructed, pointing to the dark pit that she would have dropped into. She listened in on the pit below and indeed heard sloshing and rushing.

"Well, I hear it but I don't see it." Celestia said, confused.

"Light the place up and you'll see what I'm seeing."

Celestia used her magic spell to light up the area. It was more visible now and to her surprise, a whirlpool as big as an Ursa minor was just below her. Her eyes widened as she realized that her feline companion had just saved her from being injured and himself from getting killed.

"Oh my word, if I had gone any further, I would have gotten myself in more trouble than I could handle. I couldn't even see the edge!"

"Just one of the benefits of having sharp ears and eyes. My dad taught me about them." Night Fury smirked at this.

They proceeded along the dark but stable left path. Celestia seemed impressed by his trick.

"I must admit, Night Fury, you know how to wander these sewers quite well. Even in the dark."

"Well you know, when you've wandered through various ancient ruins for hours you start to get used to the confusion, speaking of which…."

In front of them was a whole labyrinth of sewer tunnels. They were at a junction of some six different entrances.

"Do you know what to do when there is more than one choice?" Celestia asked.

The feline stopped in his tracks. "I have no idea. This is something I can't do logically, so I'll have to pull out one of my personal tricks." Fury said, taking a deep breath and using his signature move.

"Eenie meenie minie mo, catch a Speed Shifter by its toe. If he yowls, let him go. Eenie meenie minie mo." He recited, ending up with the second to the left tunnel. "There we go! Let's go Princess!"

"Is relying on a children's game involving luck really the best option?" Celestia asked.

"With respect, do you have any better ideas?"

"No."

"Exactly. Let's go."

Celestia and Night Fury proceeded deeper into the old looking tunnel. The walls dripped with water and echoed even the slightest sound, which was a good thing because a distant creaking noise followed by hooves walking along echoed out.

"Get down!" Night Fury whispered as he moved the Princess's body behind a column.

"Huh, what is that?" Celestia asked Fury. He took a look down the tunnel and saw both the Truther and The Manipulator walking into view.

"It's the Truther! And I think that other one is the Manipulator. If they're down here, BlueBlood must be here too!" Fury said, looking on at the two ponies.

"I can't believe that kid actually survived that bomb! He just straight up defies death at every turn." The Manipulator said, sounding like a mare.

"Remember, this guy is a completely different creature that nopony has ever truly made sense of. Those biology texts that Green Bits had are only one of two copies of any true science behind his kind, and even those can't tell the full story!" The Truther said, his voice being more stallion-like.

"Well it's definitely annoying! Our client is getting impatient and he won't stand for any more delays. We have to really do something to get him." The Manipulator said.

"Be patient, my dear, we will get him next time." The Truther reassured her. "Perhaps we need to capture somepony close to him. And force him to give himself up!"

"Hmmmm, that does sound kind of fun. Maybe we should kidnap one of those Mane Six ponies! He seems to be chums with them!" The mare said.

"No, they're too simple. Maybe we should hit him where it really hurts… His bloodline."

Night Fury recoiled at this statement. What the heck do they mean?!

The Truther smiled. "Let me be more specific. Unlike Green Bits, I managed to get more information on that feline's parents. I know who has them."

Night Fury felt like jumping and demanding to know what information they had but decided to listen on.

"Apparently, some rival tribe came in and kidnapped them when he was younger. He's been searching for any leads to find them ever since he came here during Princess Cadence's wedding. They moved them to some camp somewhere in Equestria. If we find them and fake a letter that tells him his parents are looking for him, we can draw him in and take him out." The Truther explained.

"Wow, I actually feel kinda bad for the kid. Having to see his parents dragged away from him must have been brutal." The Manipulator admitted.

"Well, we can't back out now. You heard what the boss said, he has major dirt on both of us. Not to mention that he's more than happy to take us out if we become liabilities to his plan. We back out now and we can kiss our heads goodbye. And besides, we can think of it as a family reunion. One last family moment before he tastes death."

"Yeah that's fair enough. Heh heh heh." The mare agreed.

By the gods, I can't believe that my own nephew would threaten a death toll just for this! Celestia said to herself.

Celestia glanced at Fury and she saw in him worry, relief and anger all at once. He was silent and it seems he was thinking about this news.

"Princess. I need to know where my parents are. I say we ambush them now." Night Fury said desperately.

"Wait, not yet. We should wait a little longer to let them lead us to my nephew. Just be patient." Celestia said. "After all, knowing them, they might have a trick up their sleeve."

"Oh trust me, that won't matter once I pull every organ out of their bodies and rip your nephew's head off of his spine." He said coldly, his voice having traceable amounts of venom in it.

Celestia was not amused at this.

"Night Fury, you do NOT talk about my family like that! What he has done is unforgivable, but he is my nephew and I will not let you say that!" Celestia scolded him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your spoiled nephew totally deserves my respect. It's not like he hasn't disrespected me and threatened my life and my family!" He whispered as loud as he could. "He will have what's coming to him, whether he's family or not!"

"Calm down, Night Fury!" she said with an angry look on her face.

"No. I'm not going to hold back. I'm going to make them know not to mess around like this any longer! I'm not playing Mr. Nice Guy!" Fury said aggressively, his claws extending and his eyes turning to slits.

Celestia then calmed and realized she had made a big mistake. Curses. This was not the time to scold him. What was I thinking?

"Night Fury please don't do this. We need more time!" Celestia begged.

"Sorry but I've made up my mind, Your Highness." Fury said as he drew his teeth out. "I'm gonna confront those monsters right now! They'll be wishing they were never born!" Fury said viciously, his voice losing all traces of his calm demeanor as he disappeared from Celestia's sight.

The two assassins then heard something and looked behind to reveal a monstrous red presence facing them.

"It's you! You somehow made it to our hideout!" The Manipulator said shocked. The Truther was more calm.

He walked a little toward Night Fury.

"Well, hello my friend. I assume you're here to find out about our The Chosen One, right? Well maybe we can make a deal with you, if you do as we say." The Truther said with his usual diplomacy.

Night Fury was not in the mood for games though.

"You monsters! No, you will do as I say! You're going to tell me right now where my parents are and where Blueblood is, or I will make you wish you were never born!" He said with a level of ferocity.

The two assassins simply laughed at his threat.

"Young one, you think a rookie like you can beat some of the best trained in all Equestria?" The Truther asked. "Preposterous! You might think of yourself as tough but you are not, right, dear?"

"Agreed. You will never be able to beat- Take this!" The Manipulator threw a toxic potion at Night Fury. It caused gas that would normally choke them to death.

As Night Fury was coughing furiously, the two looked on.

"Well done, Manipulator. You have done great against the monster."

"Eh, it wasn't too hard. To think Green Bits lost to this guy? How pathetic. Let's report this to the so-called Chosen One."

They both walked away but they heard something.

"Is that all you got?"

They both gasped and looked behind, to reveal a still conscious feline now sinisterly smiling at them.

"How are you still alive, you shape shifting freak?! That gas should be a one hit K.O!" The Truther howled with anger.

"It's just like you said, Truther, my biological makeup is still a mystery. And let me tell you, there's a lot more you don't know about me." Fury said as he slipped out of sight and into the darkness of the tunnel.

"W-w-where did you go?!" The Manipulator asked as she looked around the darkness.

"Heh heh heh. Are you scared, you two? Fearful of your enemy who could do nothing according to you?" A voice cried from the shadows.

The Truther tried a trick.

"Listen Night Fury, we can become friends just tell us where you are and we'll help you!" The Truther said in his silvery tongue.

"You can stick that silver tongue of yours where the sun doesn't shine for all I care!" He roared out. "We do this on my terms or else!"

"If you expect that we will freely give you info you are clearly delusional!" The Manipulator said as she threw another potion at the darkness.

"I'm afraid that will not…work." said a voice too close for comfort.

They looked behind to see a black speedster launch towards them.

"Ahhhh!" The Manipulator screamed.

Wack!

They got knocked to the ground and saw he disappeared again.

"He's going back!" Manipulator said.

"Don't worry, I've got a little gift for him when he tries to come back to strike us again." The pony revealed a knife hidden in his mane. "Let's see how that speed does against a pointy object."

The Manipulator was about to cackle but instead she cried out in fear. "Oh no, here he comes again! We're all doomed!"

"You got that right!" Night Fury said from the shadows. "Get ready for another strike!" They saw once again a black speedster come at them.

"NOW!"

The Truther stabbed the black presence in front of them.

"At last, maybe you should have used your brains more, cat!" Truther said.

"You do realize that you only stabbed my tail, right?" Night Fury said right behind them.

"Dang it, I should have known- Huh?! Noooo!!!"

Wack Wack Slam!

Night Fury beat the two up to the ground.

"What just happened!? I thought I saw you charging us for sure!!!"

"I knew you guys were not going to fall for the same trick twice. So I used a special trick with the distortion of light to make my tail look like it was coming at you. You were so busy gloating I had time to come around you." Night Fury said confidently. "Maybe you're the ones who need bigger brains."

"Curses!" Manipulator said.

"Now then," he picked up the two. "You two look exhausted. Would you like a drink of water?" He said pointing to the sewer water.

"You little pest! We won't tell you anything just because of your juvenile threat!" Manipulator said.

"Ahh, you look thirsty. How about a refresher." Fury said, dunking the mare's head into the water.

Gurgle

"Blech! Disgusting! How dare you do this to my beautiful fa-"

Gurgle

"Stop this instant!"

"If you tell me I'll stop. And you know it! I'm a cat of my word. So you wanna tell me?"

"Don't tell him anything…

"Alright, fine, I'll tell you!" she said. "But only if you won't do more of your vulgar activities!"

"Deal." He then roughly wiped her head with a towel.

"W-what do you want to know?" The Manipulator asked.

"The Chosen One, where is he?"

"H-h-h-he-"

"I'm getting impatient…"

"He's in the south end of the sewers. He has a tunnel that leads to a secret base. It has columns and ruins of ancient peoples in that area." She explained quickly.

"Well that's good. And you, Truther, you said you had information about my parents. Care to share?"

The Truther laughed at him.

"Ha ha ha ha! Unlike her or Green Bits. You can dunk my head all you like in that fetid water! But I will not give you your information." The Truther said cockily.

"Well that's just a shame, I guess I'll just tear the flesh from your bones and make an example of what happens when you mess with me." He said licking his lips.

"Y-yeah whatever you say…" The Truther said.

"Okay!" Night Fury transformed into a Cragodile, roared in his face and placed his teeth into The Truther's leg, breaking it instantly.

"Ahhhhhh!!! No more! I'll talk!" Truther said.

"Good. Now use that silver tongue of yours for something useful and say what I want to hear." He let go of Truther.

"Okay, alright! So I have heard that there is this is this rival tribe-"

"I already know that. Where is this tribe?"

"They're in the far east. They are far east of some place called Thunder Hollow. It's a place filled with giant flowers and mushrooms. A beautifully dangerous place they called the Cursed Woods. I don't know what they're planning but they seem interested enough in you to warrant all these assassinations."

Night Fury felt relief at hearing this. But also worry that his parents might be slaves in such a dangerous place.

"I don't know much of what is going on there. But it seems this tribe is planning something big. Something about taking back some Silver place. I don't know anything else."

The Silver Blue. The ruins I went to. Are they planning to go into Equestria someday?

"Alright that's all." He tied both of them up. And he gave The Truther bandages and ointment to stop the bleeding. "Okay now the guards can throw your sorry butts into prison! Now if you don't mind I have an appointment with your employer. I hope you'll have fun defending yourselves!" He said as he walked away.

"You might have gotten us but the Chosen One will make you regret this!" The Manipulator yelled out. "Hmph!"

Night Fury simply shrugged off her petty comments. After all, he couldn't wait to finally get some needed payback.

"Now that they have been dealt with, it's time to make the big score." Fury said.

"There you are, Night Fury!" He turned around to see a familiar face.

"Oh uh hey there Princess. Um what's up?" he asked awkwardly.

"What is up is that I have been trying to find you after you went in by yourself! Do you realize how dangerous that could have been?"

"Look I'm sorry about that okay? I was in a bit of a mood there. I won't argue like that again. Okay?" Night Fury said diplomatically.

Celestia was surprised at this.

"Oh well I-I I am sorry I was a little too harsh with you there. Is all forgiven?"

"Yeah!" he shook her hoof.

"But enough of that. I managed to capture those two punks!" He showed them off to her. "And they gave some useful info that will really help us all!"

Celestia was impressed he was able to do all this.

Night Fury told her about the fight and how he had planned out how to defeat them and most importantly about the issue with the parents and where Blueblood is located.

"I see this news about this Speed Shifter tribe coming after you needs to be looked into. We'll do more research on that together." Celestia said to Night Fury's approval. "But the most important thing is we finally have located where Prince Blueblood's base is. So let us make haste and capture him."

"Yep, let's go!" Night Fury smirked.

They both kept on going down the south tunnel.

As they went down there it seemed normal at first. But they then noticed there was a sealed up door. That is supposedly to keep others out. It said "NO PONIES ALLOWED". But not them.

"Bingo! We found it." Night Fury said. "Ah, a classic, trying to keep us out with this sign?" he said as he took out a lockpick and played with the lock. "Well they're wrong!" He said as he started to crack the lock.

"I do wonder why you casually have a pile of lockpicks with you?" she asked in a curious way.

"Between you and me, I keep these on me for reasons that are rather embarrassing. Say, a pie was in a locked window?" Night Fury mused. "Or there was a cool abandoned apartment that was locked. I just can't help it, ya know?" He chuckled.

Celestia rolled her eyes while amused. "Just make sure you don't go too far with it like eavesdropping on what my sister is talking about." Celestia smirked.

"Ha ha. Really funny." Night Fury said embarrassed. "Ah ha finally I opened it!" He said eager to bush. on from the awkwardness.

They opened the door. They walked inside to see what looked like a replica of Canterlot castle, but had a more secure bunker style while still looking stylish.

"Wow, this bunker looks pretty good. As much as I loathe that stuck up snot for brains, he has good taste." He admitted that he was a bit jealous that Blueblood had his own grand opulent lair.

"Well my nephew sure knows how to make anything look stately." Celestia said as they walked onto a bridge over a moat.

"Keep your eyes peeled, Fury. We don't know what might be waiting for us." Celestia warned.

"You don't have to tell me twice," he replied. "I bet this guy has some bodyguards or booby traps waiting to be tripped. And I would rather us be stealthy till we see that punk." Night Fury said, looking around.

Then he heard some steps. "Get in here!" Fury pointed to a bush. They did so and they saw some six ponies walking to the entrance. They appeared to be rough looking fellows with outdated armor.

"Who are they?" Night Fury whispered.

"Probably some old ex-guards that were some of the rougher and more dangerous types."

"I find it ironic Blueblood of all ponies would have such rough guards with shoddy looking armor."

"He probably doesn't need to pay for too high quality guards and would rather have criminals than obedient guards to the government, so he can give them orders." Celestia remarked. "My nephew can be rather persuasive when he feels he needs to be."

After the guards left, the two moved forward and kept going inside. They were astounded yet somewhat uneasy at the similarity between this castle and the real one. With the exception of some colors.

"We must be ready for the trip, we must!" A demanding voice called.

"That better be who I think it is." Fury said. Night Fury said as he eavesdropped on them.

"Sir, we will. Just be patient! Everything is going to plan." said one voice.

"Well I think it should go even quicker! We might be in deep trouble after all the failures to assassinate that beast. And the fact that I have not heard from Green Bits means we have to leave as soon as possible!"

Night Fury thought he heard the voice before but in a fake heroic way as the Chosen One. But now he heard it more accurately. More posh and snobbish. None other than Prince Blueblood himself.

"But what do they mean by going somewhere?" Celestia asked.

"They must be trying to skip town. With Green Bits out of the picture, he must have gone into panic mode. We have to get him now!" Fury whispered.

"Not yet. I need to hear more of what Blueblood is saying." Celestia said.

"Okay but just be ready to pounce on him." Fury replied.

"After what I have done, it's only a matter of time before I'm caught. I'll go to some faraway island and make my own Kingdom there! And one day when my dear aunt has finally understands the truth of that Night Fury monster, I will return with full glory! And perhaps even be her heir!" He said now with awe.

Night Fury and Celestia rolled their eyes at his grand plans.

"But that is why we must hurry!" Blueblood said. "Now let's go already!"

His butler agreed with reluctance and went away.

"You won't be Prince of Equestria, Night Fury! I will not allow it!" he yelled at himself. "But maybe I will. Heh heh heh."

"Actually neither will happen, pal."

Blueblood turned to see Night Fury and a rather unamused Princess.

"Auntie! Um this is quite an interesting and unexpected reunion! I see you and um Night Fury have been having a delightful time!" Blueblood said, a bit shocked.

"Yes, it is. Now how about you tell both of us why you tried to kill somepony?!" Celestia said. Blueblood saw that he was in a corner, so he decided to lay it out for them.

"So you are aware. My dear aunt. You know how I love you. You know how I always said I would protect Equestria from those evildoers!" Blueblood said. "Well here is one right in front of me and by you!" He pointed straight to Night Fury. "He has tricked you into thinking he is a productive member of society when in reality he plans to destroy it!"

"That's real rich- '' Night Fury was interrupted by Celestia.

"Let me handle this for now, Fury. This is personal.'' Night Fury nodded knowing the importance of family.

"Blueblood, you say this and yet you were the one who sowed fear among everypony. You tricked everypony into thinking Manehattan would secede. And now you are accusing him of causing chaos?" Celestia asked.

"It was for the common good! I am simply fighting so that good ponies like me, you or Twilight Sparkle would not be ruined by disasters like him!" Blueblood shot. Now that was something that broke Fury's silence in the matter.

"What did you just say?"

"That's right, I said you're a disaster! You have infected our ways for the last time! And besides, you can't even control yourself when it comes to whoever messed with you."

"What common good is there in bringing his kind down using slander and lies?! Celestia reprimanded him. "And those times he could not control himself, were times he was working to improve himself and he was in deep stress because of cruel circumstances!"

"And is that supposed to matter? The only reason those circumstances happened was because he was too cowardly to do his part and he couldn't live up to what he was supposed to be like the disappointment he is!"

Night Fury shockingly looked a bit saddened at that as if he agreed with him partially.

"Y-you can't prove that, I could have been stopped by some other obstacle in that effort!" He defended, though stuttering through his growing pains.

"But it does seem ironic that the Ambassador would succumb to such weaknesses. How shameful." he cockily said.

Then Celestia rejected his speech.

"All of us succumb to weaknesses, my nephew. All of us. He is no perfect creature. That is true. But he has done the one thing you have not done Blueblood."

"And what might that be?"

"To improve himself! He has grown so much! He realized his mistakes and worked and trained so hard to get better!"

"By becoming more of a loose cannon? You humor me. The only thing he's improved himself in is being a mistake." Blueblood snarled. Fury hung his head, not in sadness, but in pain as his claws slowly extended and his breathing became sharp. Celestia looked over at the shaking feline and realized what was about to happen as she saw a darker red, not akin to Fury's usual aura, start to flourish.

"Night Fury are you alright?" Celestia worried for him.

"I-I don't think so." Night Fury said with a certain heaviness.

"Well, it seems that he has begun to realize that he doesn't belong." Blueblood chimed. "Take a good look at yourself. You don't belong here…"

Fury's eyes turned to slits.

"You aren't welcome in this world…"

His body shook more violently.

You.. .should… not… exist."

ROARRRRR!

"Blueblood apologize to Night Fury now! Please for your own good!" Celestia begged.

"I am sorry aunt but I am done with being relegated to a mere guest to parties. I have said what I have said! And I will not apologize!" Bluebloid proclaimed. "I bet your parents probably think of you as a failure!" Blueblood yelled though Celestia could tell he had fear in his eyes atNight Furys new form.

"You… you have officially crossed the line!" Fury roared, raising his head to give the now doomed prince a look at his slitted and glowing eyes.

"W-what are you going to do about it?!" Blueblood said, trying to put on a dignified brave face.

"What I have been wanting to do for a long time, pal. A long… long… time!" he said, exposing all of his claws.

"S-stay back!"

"Oh it's too late for that now. But, I can give you one piece of advice…" Fury said, chuckling.

"And what's that?!" Blueblood gulped, believing he would not like the answer.

"RUN!"

"Ahhhhh!" Blueblood ran for his dear life to get help. "Guards! The feline is here! Stop him!"

Many of the guards confronted the raging feline. "Stand back and we won't hurt you!"

"Oh no, it's you that should stay back! But, you've made your decision." Fury growled, racing forward and taking out the guards in a matter of seconds. Celestia gasped at the horrific scene of guards battered and bloodied before her.

"Oh, and just a word of advice, princess… STAY OUT OF MY WAY!" He said as he took off so fast he practically disappeared.

"Night Fury!" she cried out as she desperately tried to find him.

Blueblood was galloping with fear. "Curses, this did not go as planned! I was hoping to distract him until the guards came! I didn't expect him to transform so soon. I should have known better!" Blueblood stopped for a moment and caught his breath.

"Alright calm down, Prince, you've faced him once and you can do it again," he said to himself. "I simply have to get away." Blueblood said to himself.

"Hmmm let's see," Blueblood said to himself. "The coast seems clear. I'll get out of here this instant!" he said, running toward the gate.

It was a shame Blueblood did not have the patience to hide because his steps were too loud.

"You think you're going somewhere, you waste of space?!"

He looked behind to see a ferocious Night Fury right behind him.

"Oh Mr. Night Fury! Why is it quite impressive how you managed to track me down!" He said trying to buy himself time.

"Thank you, my other favorite skill is taking spoiled punks like you down a peg." He said, showing his claws.

"Oh yes that is true, um," Blueblood muttered. Wait I have this gas grenade that traitor Green Bits used. Heh heh heh.

"Any last words, Chosen One, before I pulverize you?"

Blueblood now showed confidence instead of fear. "I do have some words my dear rival, but they are not my last, not yet!" He said as he chucked a gas grenade right at the raging Speed Shifter. The smoke filled the tunnel and removed the glowing feline from sight, but that was the last thing that Blueblood would try and pull.

"You think I'm that stupid?" A threatening voice whispered behind the prince.

"Huh? Ahhhh!" Blueblood was slapped with the force of a rampaging stampede of cows.

"This is your fate! Just accept it, you can't win!" Fury said, dashing towards BlueBlood.

"I won't let you take me out that easily, freak!" He announced, charging his horn and teleporting away. Fury stopped as the bright flash blinded him, allowing Blueblood to make a slick escape. But it wouldn't be that easy to get away from Fury. He proceeded to sniff the spot that BlueBlood was laying in. While the smell of the sewer would overpower anyone else's sense of smell, Fury could easily get the prince's scent and realize that he was making a break for the castle through the streets.

"I've got your scent, you little twerp." Fury growled as he saw a stairwell leading upward and taking it up to street level. Just as he took off, Celestia teleported to the spot where Fury had been. She could detect his magical signature and felt his increasing rage and mana flow.

"Oh dear, the more Fury goes after him, the more powerful and angry he gets. I must warn Luna and Cadence, possibly the elements as well. This may get dangerous."

It was in this dangerous chase that everyone was in a desperate rush. The elements of harmony were quickly dispatched to Canterlot where the chase was taking place, while the other two princesses were preparing for what could turn out to be a cataclysmic event. Everyone heard the news of the battle and immediately seeked shelter as the two rivals chased each other through the streets.

"Come out wherever you are! Aren't you the Chosen One after all?!" Fury asked, still looking for him.

Meanwhile Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Mane Six were getting ready to contain all madness.

"Alright girls, you know the situation with Blueblood and Night Fury." Twilight said with authority to her friends. "Our goal is to find and capture Blueblood before Night Fury catches him first. And also if possible to knock Night Fury unconscious. I'm the only one with a spell powerful enough to carry out a feat like that, so you will distract him while I sneak from behind since a spell like that takes over a minute to charge for me."

The rest of the group have each other worried looks, they didn't want to just up and knock out their friend.

"Twilight, we all know that Fury is I'm a dangerous state, but I didn't think just knocking him out would prove very effective. Both in what he could be able to resist and how he would feel about our plan later. Don't you think he might get mad at us later for thinking that just putting him down like that was the only way we saw fit?" Fluttershy spoke.

"Well we're going to have to stop him from causing havoc one way or another." Twilight said. "Unless you can think of a better way, then we have no choice."

Fluttershy spoke loudly.

"How about we have someone talk to him first? I know you and Princess Luna are good friends with him." Fluttershy suggested.

"Well… we'll see Fluttershy. I'm sure Luna can help." Twilight reassured her. "Now let's get going girls!"

"Yeah!" All of them said.

It was dusk in Canterlot. Everypony was ordered to stay indoors for their own safety. Celestia claimed it was just a "strong wind". She didn't want anypony fearful of what was to come.

BOOM!

A thunderous explosion sounded through the city as Fury knocked Blueblood down the main road and into station square.

"You have finally given me a chance to be who I truly am, prince. For all my life, I was scared to show the world what I could really do, most recently because of your meddling. But now, I can finally show the world that I'm no one to antagonize! Starting with making an example out of you!" Fury boomed as he slowly walked up to the bloodied prince.

Blueblood shot a laser at the raging beast. Night Fury just knocked it to the side.

"You'll have to do better than that! Ha ha ha!"

"I'm not going to rot in prison! I am Blueblood! I am far too worthy to be silenced!" Blueblood said as Night Fury was a few feet away from him.

"Oh trust me, you're not going to prison…"

"Exactly! That's-" Night Fury stepped on his leg.

"Ahhh!" Blueblood screamed in pain.

"But you are about to get sent back to whatever God created you once I dig my claws into you and pull out what's vital!"

"NIGHT FURY! YOU GET AWAY FROM HIM THIS INSTANT!"

Night Fury looked behind to see Twilight and the Mane Six looking at him.

"Ah Twilight, so it's you…" Night Fury said glaring at her.

"What in the name of Celestia are you doing to him?!" Twilight scolded him.

"I'm teaching him a lesson. A permanent lesson."

"Fury, I know you are a good and just creature. Remember all our training to prevent this from happening?! Are you going to let all of that be in vain?!" Twilight asked.

Night Fury for a moment had a softened expression but then he glared back at Twilight.

"Of course I am, now that I have a reason to do so! You see, it's instantly clear to me that this world is too soft for somepony like me. A violent creature who eats meat and has vicious tendencies, who would agree with you? But this is personal, something that doesn't concern you! This load of wasted flesh tried to kill me and wanted to take my parents as hostages so he could kill all of us, and now that he's in my grasp I can put him down! But of course you have to step in and try to rewrite my morals as if I'm a coloring book!" Fury explained.

"Night Fury, be reasonable. If you kill him, you will probably be banished from Equestria for the rest of your life, maybe even be sent to Tartarus. I don't want that to happen to you."

"Well, Twilight, it doesn't matter what will happen. I will make him pay and if anypony wants to fight me over that. They can be my guest! Including you!" Fury said.

"Well if that's how you're going to be then we're going to stop you! Now girls!" Twilight called out.

Rainbow Dash blitzed toward him. Kicking and punching Night Fury!

"Sorry Night Fury, but you asked for this!" Rainbow Dash said as Rainbow tried to tie him up with a rope.

ROARRRRRR!

Before they were able to tie him up Fury countered their punches with his own strikes.

"Not bad Dashie, but you'll have to do better than that!" the feline gloated.

"Well then allow me, partner." Applejack said as she bucked the side of Night Fury.

"Gah!!!" Fury felt the pain. "I don't want to have to fight you guys! Just let me get rid of him and we can get this over with."

"I'm sorry Fury, but we just can't have a dangerous creature doing anything harmful!" Twilight said bluntly. Now that got everyone's attention. Everyone froze, Rainbow Dash, AppleJack and by now, even the princesses who had just arrived in time to hear Twilight's blunt statement were still as statues. "Prepare yourself, Night Fury for the Elements of Harmony!" She said as she was about to use them.

"HALT!" cried out the Princess of the Night. "Stand down Twilight Sparkle."

"But Your Highness-"

"Stand down!" Luna emphasized.

"I think you should do what she says." Fluttershy said.

Twilight reluctantly put the Elements back in the chest.

Then Luna came over to him.

"Luna?" Night Fury asked. "Is that you?"

"Yes it is, my old friend." Luna said.

"Have you come here to scold me too? Do us Speed Shifters intimidate you? Am I really just a 'dangerous creature' like Twilight said?" Night Fury asked defensively.

Luna shook her head.

"No. I will do no such thing. Twilight might have made a rude remark by mistake, but I shall reason with you. Will you listen?" Luna asked, sitting down.

Night Fury thought about it a little then sat down.

"One second." Fury said, transforming into a giant Star Spider and webbing up Blueblood much to his disgust, causing him to beg to be let down from his sticky prison. "Okay go, but make it quick."

"Thank you." Luna said. "I take it you have gone through a lot today, is that not true? My sister has told me as much."

"Yes. A lot. I realized how much of a horrible scumbag some creatures of the world are. No honor. And everything felt like it was going downhill." Night Fury grumbled.

Luna nodded her head in understanding.

"I can understand that. Some ponies just don't succumb to change that willingly, but I can't let you kill BlueBlood." Luna said, immediately getting a rise out of Fury, although majorly constricted for her sake.

"Your highness, I will be completely transparent with you. After all that he's done, can you blame me?" Fury said through clenched teeth. Luna could see that he was suppressing his anger, most likely to not want to make a scene that could make things worse.

Oh my, he called me "Your Highness". If he's not addressing me casually, then he must be on the verge of exploding. I must choose my words carefully.

"Fury, I understand, but killing him will only make things worse."

"I'm willing to take that risk now that my parents' lives are on the line. I prefer a happy life with my parents than having to succumb to the softies that are these ponies. No wonder you won't let me take Blueblood out, no wonder the first thing that you ponies do is try and talk it out, you weaklings just can't bring yourselves around to actually deal with the threat at hoof because of your quest for friendship."

"You mean like how you are disposing of Blueblood?" Luna asked.

Night Fury was a little tongue tied at this.

"Well um… uh… listen, it does not matter! What matters is that I finally show this punk that we Speed Shifters should not be messed with!" Night Fury said loudly.

"That is no way to go about it. You say that we ponies can't truly deal with a threat because we're too soft, but we have a reason for doing so, to keep ourselves from going overboard. Look at yourself, you're about to kill BlueBlood for making some threats?"

"I'm sorry sister, but there was not just mere threats being thrown out…" another voice chimed in.

"Celestia?!" Luna said, surprised. "What have you heard?"

"I heard insults and threats of hurting his own parents who were far away in a dangerous accursed area. This is not just a matter of killing him over some negative propaganda, this is a matter of keeping a dangerous threat to his bloodline and possibly, his entire species from being hunted to extinction because of assumptions and slander. This is very well a defense against the tyranny of racism and the future of his efforts to unite pony and Speed Shifter." Celestia explained.

Luna seemed to have a little more sympathy with Fury's goal than before. She believes she has the right words now.

"Night Fury, I know you wish to protect those around you. I know you have a good heart. But if you do what you do now, you will be stronger by the side of friends and family." Luna said with reassurance. Fury looked at the still webbed prince and narrowed his eyes. With all of what was said, he couldn't let him go.

"I'm sorry princess, but I can't let him still have a chance at getting to what matters to me and destroying it. Whether he's locked up or not, he still has a chance… And I just can't risk that." Fury said sternly as he got up and started walking towards BlueBlood.

"Sorry Blueblood. But it's time to say goodbye." He said this time less angrily.

Luna grabbed Night Fury to make sure he did not get to Blueblood. As the two were struggling, Blueblood used the opportunity to blast Night Fury.

"Take this, ruffian!" he said, shooting a beam of energy at him.

Luna collapsed on the floor. It seems even Blueblood had a trick up his sleeve. She looked behind her and was horrified by seeing Night Fury with light blue cracks of energy surrounding his body.

"Long live the pony master race, you insufferable mistake of a child." Blueblood snarled as he teleported away in a flash, leaving the scene.

Once Luna recovered from her fall, she looked at Night Fury who was in a bad state.

"Night Fury!" Luna called out to him.

"Somepony get a medic!" Twilight called out, now feeling terrible about what she had said and done. Everyone surrounded the battered and unconscious feline in pure shock and worry, if they had just listened to him about not letting Blueblood off with just some jail time and taking him out completely, this never would have happened.

The black feline was moved off the street by the medics. As he was being moved, the other ponies were worried about him. He seemed out of it.

But he seemed to be breathing which was a good thing.

"Luna, are you alright?" Celestia asked her sister.

"I am stable, but Night Fury…"

"Will be fine. He's fought through more than we ever have in recent years, he'll make it." Celestia reassured her.

"You're right. But even so, this makes me wonder about what he said. That we ponies only do the bare minimum when it comes to threats against us for the sake of our morals and friendship. I was skeptical at first but now, I can't shake the feeling that he could very much be right about us." Luna inquired.

Celestia almost was horrified at the thought. The change of tradition of pony pacifism. Ponies were allowed to kill but they were hesitant to do so unless as a last resort which was not often. Except for the military. "It is hard to imagine that would be the case for me…"

"I'm sorry auntie, but I think Fury's right. We've been holding back on doing anything truly permanent to solve our problems, we've only been trying to use reasoning and friendly negotiation. And even when there's a very slim chance of it working, we still try to hold back and make allies because we're so afraid of making enemies." Cadence specified.

"It's just… back in my day, pony society used to be filled with violence and cruelty the likes of which these modern generations have not seen," Celestia reminisced, "I swore to myself I would never let Equestria fall into such a state of degeneracy as then."

Luna was still inconsistent however.

"I know what that was like, sister, but this is only one time. Sometimes it is necessary what we do. Just like soldiers have to train to kill, we princesses sometimes must do the same. But it goes further than that. Sometimes we have to make difficult choices in order to ensure a brighter future. If Blueblood gets away with his evil, he may cause another great divide in Equestria. Would you really want that, sister?" Luna asked.

"Well-" Celestia said.

"Auntie, remember that you told me we must be brave to do the right thing? Well this is that time. Don't worry, we have your back. I promise if we do it right Equestria will not return to warfare." Cadence reassured the Princess of the Sun. Celestia pondered on what she was told.

I do want to keep our society from slipping back into those dark times, but with a life now on the line from that system of pacifism, I can now see why Fury was so determined to kill BlueBlood and whoever had a plan to endanger his kind. He wasn't doing it for the sake of revenge, he was doing it for the sake of his and our future.

Celestia thought to herself. She didn't want to admit that she agreed with what was said about pony kind and how they won't fight anyone for the sake of their morals and the pursuit of friendship, but with Fury's life now at stake and a clear threat to the future of the bonding of Speed Shifters and ponies, she couldn't say that they were wrong to say so.

"I suppose… you have a point, you two. And so does Night Fury. I wish I could apologize to him right now. Wait. Blueblood! He's still out there!" Celestia realized in horror. "We have to go stop him!"

"I'm sorry, sister, but I'm afraid it's too late now. He's probably miles away by now. And besides, you need to be here to keep things in order and restore the peace. Not to mention that a certain somepony is going to need all the emotional support he can get." Luna chimed, gesturing to the unconscious feline being treated for his wounds.

Celestia felt bad for the wounded feline. The last thing he was called was a "dangerous creature". She didn't realize he was not unthinking but he knew what he had to do.

"Night Fury, if you can hear me… I want you to know I am proud of you. You have done so much to fight. Sadly, I misjudged you and your mindset. And instead of helping you I made things more complicated, and for that, I am sorry." Celestia gave a light bow. And then she felt something soft brush her cheek. She looked down to see Fury holding her head in one of his paws while laying on his side. While she and everyone else was surprised to see him awake, he just smiled.

"No worries, princess, I've got you covered." He said weakly.

Celestia responded with great relief. She gave him a hug.

"Um, thanks, princess…"

"NIGHT FURY, YOU ARE AWAKE!" Luna gave Night Fury an even tighter hug.

"Ow ow ow, thanks for the appreciation but can you two please not break my spine?" Night Fury asked.

"My apologies," the Princess of the Night responded with a blush.

"Night Fury! You're okay!" Cadence came in.

"Somewhat, but yeah." He said as he stood up, somehow without any trouble.

"Wow, considering you almost died again, I'm surprised that you can walk again." Cadence said.

"Oh he's not walking, he's just being levitated." One of the unicorn medics chimed, having ignited her horn to get Fury at eye level.

"Either way, we're glad you're still alive and strong." Celestia said.

"Yeah, me too. Hey, where's the pea-brained prince? Did he get away?"

Celestia said nothing but simply looked to the ground.

Night Fury realized what this meant.

"I see." Night Fury said. "Well, I guess it's not over yet is it? Am I at least in good enough health to chase him down?"

"I doubt it, you can barely walk, let alone run. I think it's best to keep you under medical support for at least a few days." Another medic chimed.

"I figured as such. Well, at least it was fun while it lasted." Fury said before looking at Luna. "Luna, listen, I'm sorry that I didn't heed your warning. I just wanted to take him out so badly that I almost forgot what I had worked for." He admitted. Luna stepped closer, sat down and held his head in her hooves.

"You don't have to apologize, I realize now that you weren't trying to get revenge. You just wanted to protect what mattered most to you. And that is something you should be proud of." Luna said, looking him in the eyes. She then noticed that his face went red slightly. She was confused for a moment but then realized what was happening.

He's… blushing. Does… does that mean that he likes me? More than just on a friendly level?

She asked herself. She then smiled and knew exactly what to do.

"You know Fury, you've been the most loyal and kind friend that I've ever had. And I think that can only be rewarded with one thing…" She cooed as she mustered all of her bravery and went in.

It was a shock. To both Night Fury and everyone around.

Luna kissed me. The freaking Princess of the Night just kissed me! Is this some sort of side effect from that attack or maybe I ate something bad in that cake! Night Fury was panicking in his mind. But on the outside he looked like he had seen a ghost. He was speechless. "Uh, uh, uh, uh…" He kept on jabbering. He wasn't used to romance after all.

As for Luna, she started to be intimidated. She just kissed the Speed Shifter ambassador in public! She thought she probably embarrassed both herself and Night Fury with that display. After all Night Fury was speechless and babbling, that surely must mean he was not pleased.

"Oh by the gods, what have I done! I don't know what overtook me! I am so sorry Night Fury, it must be stress, perhaps the weather!" Luna tried to apologize to him.

"You… you… You give me smoochies." Fury babbled.

I ruined his mind! He can't even think straight!

Luna bowed her head in shame. Everypony around was a bit surprised though Cadence clearly was having the time of her life for obvious reasons.

"I will do whatever I can to repay you for this dishon-"

"And I loved it!" Fury continued. "Can… Can you do that again? I like it when you do that." He said, still in a state of pure bliss.

"Yes I understand I will just leave now- WAIT WHAT?!" Luna was shocked to hear him. "Is my hearing in disrepair or did I just hear that you want to… do… that… again?" Luna asked with a mix of shock and hopefulness. Fury grabbed her face with both paws and pulled her in until they were face to face.

"You and Me. All I want is you. Now, give me lovings, moon babe." Night Fury smirked. At this point, Cadence was just laughing. She had never seen this much blind love ever since she and Shining Armor shared their first kiss.

Luna was about to ask if he was still thinking straight, but she decided to follow her heart and kiss him. She did so. She was awkward at this art of smooching, Night Fury was clearly better at it. But nonetheless she only thought of one thing. How warm she felt in Fury's embrace.

The kiss went on for a few seconds before separating.

They both loved the feeling and even went a few quick pecks on the cheeks, Fury first then Luna followed suit. But at that point, everyone around was filling the air with aww's and other cute reactions. Even Princess Celestia had her bit. But for the Princess Of Love, this had her wheezing and giggling for what felt like an eternity.

"I knew it! I knew you would confess your feelings for each other!" Cadence said in an unusually giggly voice. "You didn't even need my help. I thought I was going to have to push Night Fury in the right direction. But never in all my years as the Princess of Love, did I expect the more reserved Luna to make the first move! If you can do that, maybe there's hope for Twilight too!" Cadence said with both laughter and exuberant rest

"Hey!" The purple unicorn called out, getting laughs from the rest of the Mane Six. Luna and Fury soon stopped the love pecks and looked each other in the eyes.

"So… you really had feelings for me?" Fury asked sincerely.

"To be honest, I wasn't quite sure that I did until I heard that Manehattan speech. When I saw you running around being the hero, something bubbled up inside of me. I didn't think that I could possibly be feeling what I thought I was feeling, but now, I truly do know that I had feelings for you." Luna said, her usually blue coat turning a bright shade of red.

"Oooh, so that's why you were getting on that business mare that liked me. You just wanted to save your pick!" Fury said rather loudly. Luna covered herself with her wings in embarrassment, she had just been exposed.

Cadence was laughing harder than ever.

"I sure saw you, how should we say disapproved of that mare? One true passion gets ponies to act like that."

Luna was embarrassed but joyful.

"Relax Luna, I wasn't being serious with her. She looked too normal and boring for my tastes. I prefer mares that are a little more… unusual." Nightfury said with a smirk.

"Unusual?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, you're just like me. Unusual. I like running around in mud and in the rain, you like the darkness and the night and we both can relate to feeling like we are the more special and out of place ones in this world. Don't you see, we are both one of a kind. And that's what I like about you." Fury said, booping Luna on the nose.

Luna would normally be offended if someone so casually touched her nose like that. But it was Night Fury, she could feel comfort around him. And so she booped him back.

"I see you have a playful side." Night Fury complimented smirking.

"I learned it from the best." Luna shot back with a smirk of her own.

For a time the thoughts of Blueblood, the thoughts of that explosion, the thoughts of fear, all vanished and were replaced with joy if only for a moment.

"Well, now that that's all over, how about we get out of here and relax? I need to let myself heal." Fury suggested.

"You make a fair point, everypony, make haste and leave now! We wish to be alone." Luna said as she started to walk away.

"Uh, Luna, aren't you forgetting something?"

"Huh? What could I be forgetting?" Luna asked. Fury just chuckled.

"I can barely walk." Fury said. Luna went wide eyed as she remembered his condition.

"Oh! Please, allow me." She said, levitating the injured feline onto her back. Alicorns were after all renowned for their physical prowess.

"Let us take you to a heavily guarded facility in the hospital to calm your muscles." Luna said, carrying Night Fury.

Everypony felt better seeing this.

"You saw it the whole time, Cadence?" Twilight asked.

"Yep. In fact even before they interacted in depth. I felt a sort of future love waiting to blossom. And so it has. The question will be how long they keep it that way before they have to deal with the inevitable arguments." Cadence shivered at the thought.

Celestia simply lightly laughed.

"Well I can say one thing, perhaps this is the beginning of a brand new era." Celestia said with a small tear. "I am so proud of you sister!" She said to herself.

"That I agree with auntie. That I agree with." Cadence replied as the two looked over Luna walking her now beloved on her back.

PreviousChapters Next