• Published 26th Apr 2021
  • 336 Views, 2 Comments

Quiet Snow - EverCloud-Productions



When Adrian somehow appears in Equestria, we follow the timeline of the many roads, obstacles, and relationships between the human and creatures of Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 336

Chapter 3

"...and that's how we got her out of the tree, but it did take some time to get her hoof bandaged up..."

How long have I been here. Why did I decide to have a conversation with a guard? Who knew some of them could be so god damn boring.

"Hey, thanks for the story Silver, but I have to go." I say hurrying off as quickly as possible, as much as I like the guy, he tells me the same story about his daughter getting stuck in a tree every. Single. Time.

"No worries sir! If you need someone to talk to I'm always here." He screams to me from half way down the hall.

Now that was over, I continue casually strolling through the castle. It's been almost a week since I spoke to Celestia. I can't lie when I say I've been feeling kind of lonely. I'd stop to admire some of the glass art in the hallway.

This one seems to be about...discord?

I've read a lot about this Discord fellow and honestly I've been very interested. He sounds like a cool guy, but I feel like I shouldn't ask about him. I continue admiring the art, when I hear a voice to my left.

"Adrian..." I jump. Looks like I got too caught up in the art. I look over and it's just Silver Star.

"Oh..hey Silver."

"The Princess would like a word with you.

Uh oh...

After I stormed out on her almost a weeks ago, I have said anything to her since. Matter fact I haven't even seen her. Maybe this was it, maybe she was kicking me out finally.
No what are you stupid, she said she didn't want you in public, let alone just out on you're own with no direction of where you're going.

Well maybe she just wants to lecture me about the other day.

Oh god, I don't want another hour long talking to.

Silver opens the door. There she is, sitting a top her throne....with a serious look no doubt. I walk in and he closes the door. She doesn't look at me, just reading a scroll. I walk forward, each step filling my stomach with butterflies. "That's close enough." She says still not looking up.

"Uhh, you wanted to talk to me Princess?" She sighs, Finally putting the scroll down.

"It's been almost a week.."

Oh god here it comes.

"..How have you been?" She wasn't mad?

"Uh I've been good, I guess" I say slowly, still processing what she just said. "I heard Cadence visited you." The memory of that, still echoed in my mind.

"Yes...she did." I said with a sad tone. I still feel kind of bad for not telling Cadence about what Celestia said. I hear hoof steps getting closer to me. Looking up I see Celestia a few feet away.

"Adrian....I didn't mean what I said. I just got to anxious about your feelings and it just...slipped out." I look to the side still feeling a bit of anger towards her. "I can't let you go into the public eye, but I want to get you out there as soon as possible." I sigh. What Celestia said last week still playing in my mind.

"Well then what should I do?" I ask with a sigh. Celestia lets out a sigh of her own, and walks closer to me bending down slightly to my eye level. Being 5'9 feet, she wasn't that taller than me; if anything she was a couple inches taller.

"I want for you to try to get used to basic life here in the castle first while I figure out what else to do." She says with a hint of concern to her voice. "I've just been ever so busy with delegate stuff, and I just haven't had the time lately." I nod slightly.

"I understand Princess." She smiles softly and stands back up.

"Continue what you were doing Adrian." She walks back to her throne and sits down, picking the scroll back up. I take one last look at her as she begins to read again, and walk out the door.

[Few Hours Later]

Out of all the places I've seen in the castle, this bad to be the best one. No one could see me, I had and amazing view of the city, plus it was a great place to see the sunset.
It was chili outside, the wind softly blew. There was no railing, but I liked sitting on the edge, it made the view that much better. I sit back and close my eyes, letting the heat from the sun and the coolness of the wind hit me all at once. I would always come here to clear my head, and to forget anything that was stressing me out

"Oh Adrian!" I hear a shocked voice. I turn quickly, almost losing my balance in the process. It was Princess Celestia. "You come out here as well?"

"It clears my mind," I say with a low tone looking back to the sunset. "Plus it's a great view." She walks next to me and puts a hoof on my shoulder. It scared me at first, because...I mean I was sitting on the edge to a over hundred, maybe even thousand foot drop. I look at her, and she motions me to sit on the bench behind me. I get up, feeling a little relieved. As much as I love sitting on that edge, it does tend to give me anxiety of falling sometimes. She hops up on the bench and sits down, and I follow.

"Beautiful sunset." I tell her.

"Thank you Adrian." She says with a slight giggle. We sit there in silence for a few more minutes, admiring the sunset. Not thinking of anyone or anything

"So Princess?", I say breaking the silence, "Didn't you have a sister?" She looks away with obvious sadness in her eyes. It struck a nerve in her.

"Y-Yes....yes I do." Her voice is shaky.

"Well...What happened to her?" She lets out a deep sigh and looks forward.

"I never thought I would tell you this story." Celestia says. I could see it obviously hurt her to tell.

"You don't have to tell me if you do—"

"I will." She interrupts. Another sigh leaves her mouth before she starts talking again.
"Long ago, Princess Luna and I ruled Equestria together. But she got aggravated when she felt unappreciated for her night." I sit up, getting deeper into the story. "So one day, she got so fed up that she turned into Nightmare Moon; and tried to plunge the world into eternal darkness."

"So what happened next?" A few Tears ran down her cheek. She was struggling more and more with each word.

"I....I Banished her to the moon." She said that, just as the sky went from sunset purple, to dark night. My heart sank...she banished her own sister?

"W-Wow" that was all I could say. Celestia hopped off the bench and walked over to the balcony starring at the moon.

"And I fear in a few more days....she'll come back for her revenge."

I didn't know how banishment worked, who knows how long Luna has been up there. I walked next to Celestia, and put a hand on her back. "Are you sure?"

"Indeed I am, the signs are all clear...and pretty soon she will return, so I must be alert." She turns to walk back inside.

"Hey Princess!" I yell out to her before she opens the door. "I may not know half the things you've went through before I showed up," I take a deep breath and walk closer, "but I'm always here if you need someone to talk to." She smiles, it's a sad smile, but it's a genuine one.

"Thank you Adrian." She finally turns and walks back inside, while I stay and look out at the moon...thinking about Celestia's Story.