• Published 5th May 2021
  • 241 Views, 4 Comments

Mirage and the Quest for the Bamboozle Gem - MegaCartmanX



Mirage is requested by Rampart to travel to Equestria in order to obtain a special gem required to make new gun hop-ups. But things don't go as planned.

  • ...
 4
 241

Chapter VIII: Mission Complete

Safely back on the surface and far away from the mines, the Legends were ready to get back to their dimension. It had been fun while it lasted, for the most part, but they knew that they were needed back in their world, and knowing the circumstances, it wouldn't be long before the Syndicate noticed that they were gone, so there wasn't much time left to goof off.

"Do you really have to leave so soon, Dearie?" Rarity asked in a pitiful tone. "I know you only came here to get that gem, but it would mean so much to us if you could just hang around for at least a little while longer."

"Yes, we have to be heading home." Mirage replied, looking at the ponies with a smile. "But don't worry, it's not like this is the last time we'll see each other."

"He's, right," Wraith added. "we'll be back soon enough, but we do have a job to do back in our world."

"Although maybe it would be best if we went somewhere where there wasn't a bloodthirsty golem running around." said Crypto. "Things like that are just simply unacceptable."

"Haha, yeah. I'll be sure to talk to my husband about that." Cadance said, shaking her head. "Let's just say that no pony is going in there anymore until further notice."

"Good, don't want anymore trouble." said Wattson.

"Well, it was nice seeing you all once again. I do hope you tell the others we said hello." Twilight ran up to Mirage and gave him a hug. The bearded man tried to act too cool for her, but the alicorn's act of kindness proved to be too much for him to handle, as he fell into her chest and hugged her back. "Do come again, Mirage. You're such a blast to have around."

"We will soon enough, Twilight. You can count on it." Mirage said, nuzzling Twilight's chest fur.

"I thought about what you had said, Twilight. I think I might make a few adjustments to Hack." said Crypto. "Nothing major, but enough to make a difference."

"That's good to hear, Crypto. I hope your work turns out well." Twilight replied, letting go of Mirage and looking over at Crypto. "I have no doubt that you'll think of something amazing."

"Thanks again, everypony." Wraith waved goodbye with one hand while she used the other to open a portal back to Talos. "Come on, guys. We have a ride to catch. The last thing we need is to anger the others."

"Goodbye, Legends!" The ponies all said their goodbyes as they watched the Legends step into the portal, one by one entering the spiraling void and disappearing on the other side. The fun was over, and it was now time for things to return to normal. When the portal closed, the ponies just stood there, taking everything in. A lot had happened during their short time with the Legends, but one thing was for sure, there was never a full moment when they were around.

"Shame, I was really wanting to get together with them for at least a while longer." said Rarity. "Too good for their friends, I guess."

"Yeah, but they did come here only to complete a task, so at least we got to see them for a bit." said Twilight.

"I just wonder what they needed that gem for?" Derpy wondered.

"Oh, right. You haven't been told." said Twilight. "Let's just say that the Apex Games is gonna be filled with bamboozles."

~

"Guess who brought the Bamboozle Gem!" Mirage entered through the front door of Rampart's shop with a proud smile across his face. Rampart turned around and lifted her welding mask off her face.

"Well, well. You actually went and did it." She walked over to Mirage and grabbed the gem, holding it up to her eyes and inspecting it for herself, just to make sure that it was the real deal. "Gotta say, Elliot, never thought you'd actually make it back in one piece by yourself."

"Uh… I actually didn't do it alone." Mirage admitted.

"Oh? Did the famous Mirage himself need some extra firepower?" Rampart inquired with a smug expression.

"Yes. Crypto, Wattson and Wraith all helped me. Without them I may not be here in one piece." Rampart was surprised. Mirage didn't say this like he usually did: cocky and self-righteous. No, instead he spoke in a more humble manner, as if grateful to have such great friends by his side. "And of course we had the help of the ponies during our quest."

"Quest!" Rampart laughed. "You make it seem like it was a challenge to retrieve this. All I did was tell you to go to Equestria. What did you do that was so hard, fight a rock-made beast or something!?"

"Yeah… you could say that." Mirage rubbed his fingers through the back of his hair, thinking back on the golem. "But it was nothing I couldn't handle. I mean, as you can see, I'm here in one piece."

"Oh well, either way I have to thank you, Elliot." Rampart walked behind her work table and pulled out a fat stack of cash. "I'll be sure to pay the others for their work. But for now, here is your share."

Mirage let out a high pitched scream that made Rampart wince as he looked upon all the money he had earned. It was enough to buy himself a new suit if he wanted to.

Mirage went to thank her, but spun around very quickly after hearing the door open behind his back. It was Gibraltar.

"Whoa, Mirage. That's a lot of money you got there." He said, raising his brow and nodding in surprise. "How'd you get that?"

"Oh, nothing really." Mirage turned to Rampart and said with a wink, "I just did Rampart a favor that's all."

"Cool... cool. I mean, that's good for you, glad to see you working your way up." It was all Gibraltar could say, as Mirage's answer wasn't exactly helpful or informative. Nevertheless, he accepted it as it was and left the room without any more questions.

"So, what are you gonna spend it on, Mirage?" Rampart asked. "You gonna buy some new decorations for your private Mirage Voyage, or maybe take a special lady out on a nice, quiet dinner... or heck, maybe even get a new haircut!? That mop you call hair is far past a fitting cut."

"Oh, you know…" Mirage smiled back at Rampart, as if reminding her that she already knew what he was gonna say. "Probably some pork chops."