• Published 13th Nov 2022
  • 1,246 Views, 15 Comments

Pinkie Pie and the Cursed Belly Jewel - mayorlight



Pinkie Pie cannot stop belly dancing.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,246

Dancing Through The Mall

Outside in the mall corridor, Pinkie continued to dance as though she were a marionette tugged along by invisible strings. Her mind frantically struggled to comprehend what was happening to her. She took a deep breath and held it, sucking her stomach in as much as she could. She could still feel her abdominal muscles fluttering. She then swung one foot out an angle, turning her toes inward. She bent her knees and sank down into a karate stance Rainbow Dash once showed her.

Pinkie managed to remain rooted in place, her arms still undulating as the rest of her body quivered ever so slightly. It was only a moment before she felt the quivering in her core intensify. Her belly began to ripple once more as her feet jerkily shuffled against her control. She could only whimper as she fought a losing battle to remain where she stood.

Several yards behind, Rarity emerged from the store amid the blare of its alarm.

"Pinkie! What has gotten into you?"

"I don't know!" Pinkie cried. "I just tried on the jewel, and now I can't stop belly dancing!"

Rarity's eyes shot down to the glowing green jewel in Pinkie's navel. Immediately she knew - this could only be Equestrian magic! She recalled the incident that happened at this very shopping center wherein Juniper Montage used a hand mirror picked up from a vendor's stall to trap them and their friends inside a pocket dimension. As far as their friend and resident magic expert Sunset Shimmer could tell, there seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to the incursions of Equestrian magic into their world. The magic just seemed to seek out and empower random objects. The only certainty was the trouble these magically-infused items caused the people who came into contact with them.

What were the chances of Equestrian magic finding its way not only into the very store they were browsing but into the very item Pinkie bought? Could she and Pinkie have somehow attracted the magic? Was the mall itself just one giant magic magnet? They would have to ponder all this later, Rarity thought to herself. Right now, she had to release her friend from the grip of this cursed jewel!

Rarity hastily pulled down Pinkie's shirt. The glow of the jewel seeped through the fabric like a flashlight under a bedsheet. At that moment, Pinkie lost the struggle to remain rooted and began to dance away once more. Rarity then threw her arms around Pinkie's shoulders, hoping to restrain her friend. Pinkie began to shimmy even faster, as though in an effort to shake Rarity off.

It took Rarity every ounce of her strength to hang on. This was more embarrassing than the time Applejack talked her into riding a mechanical bull! Oh, were Applejack here, she would have been able to hold Pinkie in place with her super-strength! Then it dawned on Rarity: she could use her own geode! She extended her hand and focused her power, conjuring a floating diamond "hula hoop" around Pinkie's hips. She then formed a diamond bracelet on her own wrist and a diamond chain linking it to the hoop.

Apparently, the jewel could detect if its host's body was actively being restrained. As long as nothing was actually grappling or clamping down on any part of Pinkie's body, Rarity could keep her tethered with minimal effort.

"There, that's better," Rarity said, regaining some of her usual poise. "Now, we need to get someplace where we can remove that jewel."

Fortunately, the nearest restrooms were only a few yards away. Once they were safely inside a ladies' room stall, away from potential gawkers, Rarity can attempt to remove the jewel using the rubbing alcohol she always carried in her handbag. There was no time to lose! Rarity strode down a hallway with Pinkie in literal tow behind her. Within seconds they reached the restrooms...only to find a yellow extend-to-fit "Closed For Cleaning" sign barring the ladies' room entrance.

Pinkie felt her belly rapidly fluttering. It was as though the jewel itself was laughing at their setback!

Rarity's mind raced as her friend wriggled in place. Even if she could get Pinkie into the ladies' room, the janitor might call security if they barricaded themselves in a stall. She was not about to drag Pinkie into the men's room, so their next viable option was to go to the restrooms located near the food court located on the second floor in the middle of the mall.

Rarity kept her composure. "Not to worry, darling. On to Plan B!"

They proceeded to make their way down the corridor, bypassing a man being led by a service dog. Suddenly a toddler on a safety harness strayed into their path. Without breaking stride, Rarity deftly maneuvered Pinkie around the child, whose mother cast a curious look at them. Here and there, they attracted errant looks from passersby. Rarity ignored them all, although she did find herself wishing she and Pinkie had their classmate Wallflower Blush's ability to seemingly vanish from sight.

After a few minutes of weaving around bewildered mall patrons, they reached the mall's courtyard. Rarity paused at the yellow marble fountain to consider their options for getting upstairs as Pinkie circled her hips. At the moment, the escalator leading up to the food court was not running - evidenced by mall patrons climbing its motionless steps. In Pinkie's current state, she might not be able to climb the steps - even if she could, it would be especially hazardous. That left the elevator on the opposite end of the courtyard. As much as Rarity did not want to risk her and Pinkie getting enclosed with gawkers, it was the only safe way up.

Rarity turned to Pinkie. "How are you feeling?"

Sweat beaded Pinkie's brow as she shimmied her hips. "I don't know how long I can keep dancing!"

It had only been a few minutes, but this nonstop dancing was taxing even Pinkie's seemingly endless energy. By now, any other person might have already collapsed from fatigue - or worse. And that was if the jewel allowed its host's body to even rest!

Rarity clasped her hand on her friend's shoulder. "Hang in there, darling! We're almost there!"

Rarity tugged Pinkie across the courtyard as the cabin descended to their floor. The timing could not be more perfect! They arrived at the elevator just as the last of the passengers disembarked. As soon as she and Pinkie were inside, Rarity hit the second-floor button. The doors were about to close when a hand suddenly thrust between them, triggering the sensor.

Rarity pulled herself and Pinkie back toward the rear as an elderly woman and a pair of middle school girls entered the cabin. Rarity tightened her grip on the chain, pulling Pinkie as close to her as possible. Although the diamond hoop around Pinkie's hips prevented her from brushing up against anyone else, under the jewel's control, she might end up shoving somebody against the walls!

Their ascent began. Pinkie danced in semi-orbit around Rarity like a show dog on a leash. The schoolgirls snickered at the sight while the old woman pursed her lips. Rarity felt her cheeks reddening. Everyone in the cabin thought that she and Pinkie were acting out some weird kink! All she could do was gaze up at the ceiling and count the seconds.

After what seemed like an eternity, the elevator bell chimed and the doors opened to the second floor. Rarity waited until the other passengers had exited the cabin before striding out with Pinkie. She could not bear to suffer another embarrassing moment like this! Moving as quickly as she could in her high heels, she tugged Pinkie toward the food court.

Thankfully, there were not many people around. It was mid-afternoon and the lunch crowd had already subsided. Several patrons sat among the tables enjoying their meals. In the center of the court, a handful of people were engrossed - more or less - in their CHS classmate Trixie's magic show. The path to the rear of the court - and the restrooms - lay clear ahead of them!

In her haste, Rarity failed to notice that she was dragging Pinkie past the Mrs. Meadows bakery counter - in front of which stood a smiling girl in a red uniform holding a sample tray filled with chocolate chip cookies. Pinkie's eyes brightened at the sight of the cookies. She could tell that they were fresh from the oven! Their scent alone was enough to make her forget her current predicament. Despite continuing to shimmy, she regained enough control over an arm to reach out to the server.

"Ooh, I'll take one!"

Rarity groaned. How could Pinkie think of indulging her sweet tooth at a time like this? Where were her priorities? She jerked on the chain as the server extended a cookie to her dancing friend.

"Pinkie, come on!"

Pinkie, never one to be denied a free sugary treat, instinctively reached further to grab the cookie - and accidentally activated her geode's power. In that instant, the cookie was charged with a surge of kinetic energy.

KABOOM!

Rarity shrieked as the blast threw her forward. Her world became a complete haze as she toppled onto the floor. Her ears rang as she struggled to get her bearings. Gritting her teeth, she pushed herself up from the floor. Thankfully, nothing in her body felt broken. Instinctively, she ran her fingers through her messed-up hair to smooth it out as best as she could. She turned around to find a rapidly dissipating cloud of pink smoke. Within the plumes, the rattled server was being helped to her feet by a co-worker.

The ringing in Rarity's ears faded in time for her to utter an especially unladylike curse. This was a catastrophe! That blast was sure to bring mall security - maybe even the police! Hopefully, that server was not hurt. Hopefully, she will not press charges! Oh, why did Pinkie have to reach for that cookie?

Pinkie. Pinkie?

Rarity glanced down at her wrist and gasped. The diamond bracelet and chain were gone! In her shock from the blast, she had allowed them - along with the diamond hoop - to dissipate. Where did Pinkie go?

Author's Note:

The title of this chapter ended up being a nod to the EqG holiday short "Dashing through the Mall."

I've been wanting to make use of Rarity and Pinkie's geodes in my stories for a while now. Although Pinkie's sugar bomb remains a mostly comical effect, I imagine it being similar to the Dungeons & Dragons spell thunderwave.

Earlier this year, I read On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony, which includes a scene where an unfortunate character literally "dances to death" as the result of enchanted shoes. Thus, Rarity's concerns for Pinkie's health are well-warranted.

I'm pretty sure most folks can guess what the name Mrs. Meadows is a parody of.