• Published 29th Jan 2021
  • 1,276 Views, 4 Comments

Starlight's Second Visit - ScisetShimmerEvan



Starlight is coming over to Sunset's place to spend some time off as headmare at the school of friendship. Sunset is excited she's returning with fun stuff planned for their weekend together.

  • ...
1
 4
 1,276

Reunion with an old friend (Updated 1/18/2023)

It was a rainy Thursday evening at Sunset’s apartment. Sunset was busy working on some homework she needed to get finished before Monday. She was just about finished with it as she turned off her computer after a hard day's work.

“And done! Now that I’m done with that I better get ready for bed.” Sunset replied as she yawned and looked at her clock which read 9:15 p.m.

After using the bathroom and changing into her pajamas she went up to her bed to get some well-deserved rest. She kissed Ray goodnight and was off to bed. But just when she was gonna turn off the lights she heard a vibrating noise. She knew it wasn’t her phone as she put it on silent earlier that evening. That's when she noticed the glow coming from her backpack. Sunset soon realized that she was getting a message from Princess Twilight!

She then hopped out of bed and grabbed her journal as she sat down on her bed reading the message she got from Princess Twilight.

Dear Sunset,

I hope you're doing well this evening. Sorry, I couldn’t let this message wait till morning as I wanted to share the news as soon as possible. With the School of Friendship going on spring break tomorrow Starlight is going to take some time off as headmare and she was wondering if you’d be fine if she can visit you again. It's perfectly fine with me. All I need to know is if you’ll be fine having her spend a few days with you.

After Sunset finished reading the message she was surprised to hear that Starlight wanted to see her again. She kinda figured since they were good friends and that they hadn’t seen each other in a while. So Sunset wrote back saying she’d love to have Starlight visit again since it's been about a year since they had last seen each other.

Fantastic, thank you Sunset! She’ll be arriving tomorrow around 3 pm. Which I believe is when you're done with school. Have a good night.

Your friend, Princess Twilight.

After Sunset put her journal away she tucked herself under the covers as she thought about tomorrow seeing Starlight Glimmer again. She was excited and hoped that she could think of the perfect plan for what they’ll do this time and that it’ll be something Starlight will remember for a lifetime during her second visit to the human world.


The next day Sunset was awaiting outside CHS not long after school ended for the day. She said goodbye to her friends a few minutes earlier and was waiting next to the portal for Starlight to arrive.

After about five minutes of waiting the portal activated! But the first person to come out wasn’t Starlight Glimmer. It was Princess Twilight.

“Hello there Sunset. It's great to see you again.”

“It's great to see you as well Twilight,” Sunset said before hugging her.

“Why didn’t Starlight come out of the portal? Is something wrong?”

“Well, she wanted me to tell you something I forgot to mention last night.”

“Really? What is it?”

“I know it's been a while since you’ve both seen each other and she has made friends during her last visit. But this time Starlight wants to spend it with you. Your both are good friends and since she’s been stressed a lot since becoming headmare of the School of Friendship, she'd rather spend her time off with someone she can relate to. Is that ok with you?”

Sunset wanted to comment on it but after Starlight told her about her past on how she’s still adjusting to friendship and learning everything about it from Princess Twilight, Sunset figured she can go one weekend to spend time with her good friend Starlight. And that this time they wouldn't be dealing with any equestrian magic on the loose.

“Not a problem Twilight. Thanks for telling me this ahead of time. I did have stuff planned with the others, but I think they’ll understand.”

“Thank you Sunset. I appreciate it.”

They came in for another hug before Twilight had to get going back to Equestria.

“Well, I better be going now. Thanks for allowing this Sunset.”

“Your welcome Twilight.”

“Oh, and there’s one last thing I need to tell you.”

“What’s that?”

“Congratulations on your relationship with my counterpart. I’m so proud of how far you two have come. I just want to say I’m very proud of you for how much you’ve changed. You two are gonna have a good future ahead of you I just know it!” Twilight said as she placed her right arm on Sunset’s shoulder, smiling at her friend feeling proud.

“Thank you Twilight, it's all thanks to you.”

“Well, I better get going. Have fun with Starlight.”

“Bye Twilight!”

And just like that Princess Twilight reentered the portal heading home to Equestria.


After another few minutes of waiting the portal activated again signaling Sunset that Starlight Glimmer had arrived.

“Finally, I was starting to get worried.”

But just as Starlight came out of the portal, Sunset wasn’t expecting her to come out like a bullet train!

“Ahhh! LOOK OUT!!!!” Starlight cried.

Sunset tried to get out of the way but was soon hit by Starlight before they both fell onto the ground like a pair of dominos.

“So this is what Princess Twilight told me about from past experiences. Should have figured,” Starlight said as she slowly regained her consciousness.

“Hey Starlight, glad to see you again. But do you mind getting off me? I wasn’t expecting this to happen when you arrived?”

“Hehe, sorry Sunset.”

After getting up and off of each other the first thing Starlight noticed was Sunset's appearance. She had since gotten a new look since she last saw her and just looking at it, Starlight seemed very impressed, even if she hardly ever wore or was fascinated with clothing.

“I like the new look Sunset. It's nice.”

“Thank you Starlight. I’d say the same about you but you're still wearing the same outfit as when you first came through the portal. Um, no offense.”

“None took Sunset.”

As they began walking toward Sunset’s apartment they caught up with each other on what events had happened since they last saw each.

“Oh, my Sunset. That Memory Stone incident sure must have been horrible. I’m sorry you had to go through it.”

“Yeah, and I’m sorry you had to suffer what that girl Cozy Glow did to you.”

“It's fine, she’s where she belongs now. Turned into stone for what she did to me! As well as Tirek and Chrysalis for their crimes as well. Other than that, what did you have planned during my stay?”

“Well, since Twilight told me you just wanted to spend time with me, I’d figured I show you a few places around the city. Along with some other fun stuff I enjoy doing you might like.”

What the girls didn’t realize while they chatted away, a car was coming their way with a huge muddy puddle right where they were walking. Seconds later, the car came down the road towards them. And when Sunset saw it coming and the muddy puddle from the recent rain, she knew that the car was gonna get them wet!

“Sounds great, what will we do for-”

“GET DOWN!!!”

The car soon sped by them before they were covered from foot to tow of muddy rainwater.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting that to happen,” Starlight replied, removing her beanie and whipping her face clean.

"On the bright side, the rain stopped yesterday and we only got wet from a puddle,” Sunset commented while she removed something from her hair.

“But we're now soaking wet!”

“Don’t worry, we can get cleaned up when we get to my apartment. You can borrow a pair of my clothes. I'm sure we're the same size."

“Ok, then Sunset. Hope I don’t catch a cold from this. It is quite chilly out here.”

While Starlight was right on the weather, they weren't far from their destination.

"Come on, my apartment isn't far from here, it’ll be another few minutes til we're out of these wet clothes.”


After arriving at Sunset’s apartment they stripped their dirty clothes and put them washing machine to get cleaned. They took turns taking shows to get cleaned up after getting soaking wet from a puddle of rainwater.

Starlight was still adjusting to the human body and wearing clothes when she had to take a shower. But she got used to it quickly as this wasn't the first time she's done this.

After they both had changed into a warm and dry pair of clothes they sat down on the couch together. Sunset had set a pot of water on the stove in the kitchen heated up for some tea to enjoy.

Starlight was wearing Sunset’s outfit she wore when Starlight visited the first time, while Sunset was wearing the outfit she made with Velvet during Christmas break.

“Thanks for letting me borrow some clothes Sunset. I’m sorry that this had to happen,” Starlight said, feeling down.

“It wasn’t your fault. It could've happened to anyone. And since you're my guest you’ll be needing some when needed. And on a side note, you look good in that outfit.”

“Why thank you. I’ve never been a big fan of fashion, but it's still nice. The same goes for the one you're wearing.”

“Thx. Twilight’s mom helped me make it. I wasn’t a fan of fashion either il Rarity started making some for me. I’ll still never forget the time when she helped me choose out the outfit you're wearing when I decided to change myself.”

And on signal, the timer went off for Sunset to check on the water. She soon arrived back with the tea a minute later along with some snacks in tow.

“Tea?”

“Why thank you.”

For the next hour, the two chatted with each other about some things that had happened to them recently. One of which was one of Sunset’s many dates with Twilight she’s had.

“Wait hold up, you both have been dating for how long now?”

“Almost eight months now.”

“How’s that been going?” Starlight asked taking a sip of her tea before helping herself to some crackers.

“It's been going great! Twilight and I have been getting to know more about each other and meeting most of her family. Even though I don’t belong in this world, I’ve made my decision to stay here and continue to live here and date Princess Twilight’s counterpart. Which she’s surprisingly ok with. Plus Twilight’s human family has allowed me to be a part of their family and they even know my secret I’m from Equestria.”

This caused Starlight to nearly choke on the cracker she was eating till she managed to wash it down with her tea.

“Yo- you told her family you're from Equestria? Wha- what did they have to say!!!”

“Well, it was something they were all shocked about when I told them but accepted who I am. I didn’t tell them about the Memory Stone incident where Twilight and her friends forgot I was their friend and still thought I was still the bully I used to be.”

“Yeah, that sounds like it was touchy. But you at least we're able to come clean with the girl who did it to you.”

“Yeah, Wallflower Blush. She only did it because she was always ignored and was jealous that I had gotten many friends since I changed my ways. She was always in the shadows like she didn’t exist. I still don’t one hundred percent trust her though ever since that day. It was by far the scariest moment of my life since the Anon-A-Mis incident last Christmas,” Sunset said as she moved a bit of her hair behind her ear.

“But what matters is that it's behind you. Water under the bridge. You have the perfect friends who love and care for you, a girlfriend, and a new family that’s waiting for you Sunset. Even if your original family is no longer with you, it's best to know you are not alone anymore. Just like how I was,” Starlight said, smiling before hugging her friend.

“Thank you Starlight. I needed that. Speaking of friends, how's Sunburst been doing? I bet it took a while to get adjusted after leaving the Crystal Empire to now working with you and Trixie at the School of Friendship.”

"He's still adjusting to it but is getting there. We're also dating now.”

“Wait wait wait. You two are dating???”

“Um yes,” Starlight replied as she blushed red, trying to hide it behind her glass of tea.

“Well, congratulations. Hope you both will do well together just like me and Twilight. Maybe if I ever get the chance to return to Equestria, I can see the school and meet Sunburst.”

The two girls soon giggled at each other before they took a look at the clock that read 6:09 pm. Did they spend the last hour and a half just chatting away? It sure surprised them both.

“Wow, would you look at the time? Guess we better get something to eat for dinner.”

“Yeah, I haven’t eaten anything other than those crackers since I got here,” Starlight said as her stomach rumbled.

“Well, why don’t we go out and get something to eat? I know a good sandwich shop not far from here.”

“Sounds good to me.”


After arriving back from the sandwich shop the two girls watched a movie while enjoying their sandwiches.

After their movie ended Sunset decided to talk about the sleeping arrangements.

“Ok Starlight, since you're gonna be staying here for the next few days I’d like to talk to you about the sleeping arrangements.”

“As long as it's good with me that’s all I want!”

“Ok, so you can either sleep on my couch, right here, which can turn into a bed but isn't the most comfortable. And the other option is you can sleep in my bed with me. It's got enough room for the both of us. I just need to know which one you’ll be ok with. If you don’t want to sleep with me that’s fine, I understand if you want a bed for yourself.”

Starlight thought to herself what she was like more during her second visit to the human world. Either sleep on an uncomfortable pull-out bed or sleep in a warm and comfy bed with Sunset. After Starlight thought it over she decided to share a bed with Sunset.

“Sounds good to me.”

“Great. Now let's get changed and ready for bed.”

“Right. I can use a good night's rest after spending the last week grading papers and dealing with headmare staff at the school,” Starlight said yawning in reply.

After Sunset gave Starlight a pair of pajamas to borrow they went up to Sunset’s bed where they saw Ray the gecko in his cage.

“You remember Ray, Starlight?”

“Oh yes. It's nice to see you again Ray,” Starlight said as Sunset brought him out before he started climbing her shoulder.

“Glad you're doing well my little Ray of sunshine,” Sunset said as she nuzzled his face with Ray’s before. Starlight had a turn with Ray for a few minutes before Sunset put him back in his cage as they went to bed.

“So Starlight you ready for what tomorrow has in store?”

“Yeah. It’ll be nice to spend some time with you while taking a break from my new life as Headmare.”

“I bet Princess Twilight wants one after spending these last few months with her new role as Ruler of Equestria with Celestia and Luna retired.”

The two girls laughed just thinking about it as Sunset turned off the light and they slowly fell asleep.

Starlight didn’t know what Sunset had planned for her stay but she knew it was going to be a load of fun that she just couldn’t wait to experience.

Author's Note:

Well that wraps up the first of this two-part chapter stay tuned for part 2 this weekend.

References:
Starlight in Sunset's previous outfit. Art was done by Emeralblast63

That's all for now and until next time I'm SciSetShimmerEvan and I'll see you down the line!