• Published 4th Jan 2021
  • 1,188 Views, 10 Comments

Friendship Beyond - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Storm King seeks to take over Gotham City. It is up to Terry/Batman to stop the villain before it’s too late.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,188

Tyrannical Triumph

IN CANTERLOT

While it was a very cloudy day for all of Equestria, it was also the darkest it has experienced yet. A vast mighty army has laid siege to Canterlot with a menacing unicorn at their head and immediately attacked its citizens earlier. The scarred unicorn commander gazed her deadly sight at the Canterlot Castle. Behind her was a cage of a certain alicorn princess being carried by the guards as well as six statues of five ponies and a baby dragon.

The commander coldly stared at the other caged ponies as they too were being carried away by other guards. Then she preceded her way to the castle where her master was expecting her.

Soon, they made their way to the castle’s entrance doors and entered therein. They laid the princess’s cage just right before the two thrones. Next to her were three strange alicorn statues which all wore looks of terror on their faces. Then the guards left the throne room and left the two alone.

“Tempest, please, don’t do this,” the alicorn pleaded. “Don’t give the Storm King—!”

“Your magic?” Tempest contemptuously finished. Did you really think you can keep it all to yourself? I think it’s time for you to share. Besides, I would love to show to everybody down there what I can really do.”

“Oh! That’s interesting!” shouted the Storm King, revealing himself to her from the back door. “What can you really do?”

Being caught off-guard, she recomposed herself before her leader. “Well... your bidding, your excellency.”

“Biddings are good! I like bidding!” he grinned. Then he readjusted his eyes as he noticed the caged alicorn next to Tempest. “Uh... who are you supposed to be?”

“I am Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship!” she replied. Then the Storm King laughed hysterically at such a title.

“That’s nice,” he said before glaring at Tempest. “Why is this one still moving?”

“She put up a fight with her friends but nothing to worry. Neither of them won’t be a problem,” she replied, smirking at the saddened pony.

“Yeah, speaking of problems, this place seems a little too... oh, I dunno... CUTE!!! I don’t like cute! Never really did like cute! It doesn’t reflect my supreme kingly power, does it? Deliver the punchline, Tempest, because this is gotta be a joke!” Storm King angrily shouted.

He impaled the hole in the ground with the Staff of Sacanas which activated something. The magic from all four alicorns began to drain from them and from all Equestria, entering into the Staff. Twilight fell down within her cage feeling exhausted and weak.

As she groaned wearily, she had instant flashbacks of the time she fought against Lord Tirek and had her own magic taken from her in exchange for her best friends. Recalling such painful memories, she silently cried to herself and hid her tears.

“Ah-ha! Now that’s what I’m talking about! All the magic of this land... FINALLY MINE, BABY!” Storm King proudly triumphed.

“Indeed, sire, you now possess all the magic of the alicorns; with it, you can destroy anyone who stands in your way,” Tempest grinned, bowing before him.

“Indeed. Hahaha, those jelly bean ponies have a new master to serve now!” The Storm King boasted. Then he cast an inconsiderate look at Twilight. “You can... y’know... do whatever you want with her now.”

“With pleasure,” Tempest said, evilly smirking at the surprised alicorn. She held a green orb on her hoof while she walked toward her.

“Tempest, please! You can’t do this! Think of your own kind! You don’t want to—!”

“SHUT IT! Why would I think of those who turned their backs on me? Friendship has truly blinded you, Princess. And now you will suffer the consequences for it,” growled Tempest.

“I can help you! I can show you the true ways of friendship!” Twilight offered.

Then Tempest glared daggers at her, raising the orb. “It’s too late for that...” She threw it right at Twilight.

“NOOO!!” Twilight screamed, stricken by the orb. She looked down to see her legs and body being slowly petrified. She cast her last sorrowful look at Tempest before the stone sealed her entire head. Her tear formed on her eye which was also petrified.

“Nice! I guess that was stone cold, am I right?” chuckled the little hedgehog.

“Hilarious,” Tempest sarcastically remarked, rolling her eyes.

“Hahahahaha!! I am on fire today!! Now it’s time to get this storm started! Hey, that’s a good one. I should trademark that,” Storm King said. He raised his staff and sent a blue electric beam right at one of the windows. It shattered to many pieces.

“Hmm, not bad. Actually, kinda first rate! What else does it do?” he idly wondered, gazing at the Staff.

“Uh, your excellency, you promised to restore my horn—,”

“Ah, ah, ah, first things first, Tempest!” Storm King waved off.

“Now, let’s see if it can do this.” The king raised his staff and magically moved the sun and the moon. “Nice!! Now this branch is the stuff!! What else can it do?”

Then he created a huge aurora from the Staff which gave him a strange panoramic view of different worlds. “Whoa... it’s like watching a movie in a theater!” Grubber said.

“Who cares about movie theaters if you have this stuff?” Storm King replied. Suddenly, he noticed something weird as he looked further into the view. “Wait a minute, there is something... unusual about this.”

“What is?” Tempest asked.

“These worlds look a little different from ours. Hmmm, let’s see here. That one looks like an undersea world with walking fish... along with a walking sponge and starfish; the other one looks like a bipedal hairless monkey world with... a girl made of metal? It’s like I’m watching TV!” Storm King noticed.

“It may appear, your excellency, that you’re viewing different dimensions out of many multiverses,” Tempest deduced.

“Different what now?” Storm King asked, confused.

“Dimensions, sire. They are a part of—,”

“Nah, whatever, Tempest. Still, they look so fascinating to look at! (Gasp) That’s it! If these weird planets are a thing, I can conquer them all as well!! I can rule all the multi-pulse—eh, multi-vestal... bleh, whatever they’re called,” he said.

“But don’t you think that would require... you know... much more resources to do that? I mean, we don’t have many soldiers, we don’t have any sort of magic to take them all—well, except for the Staff of Sacanas of course.” Grubber nervously smiled.

“As much as I hate to admit it, he does have a point, sire.” Tempest agreed.

“Hmm, if that’s the case, then we’ll have to take one of them and use it’s own resources to accomplish that purpose. After all, building up my own empire has always been one of my dreams,” the Storm King said, dreamily gazing at the ceiling.

“Yes... of course... your highness,” Tempest said, cringing at his face.

“So, which one are we gonna take, my liege?” Grubber eagerly asked.

“Let’s see here.” Storm King zoomed into the various worlds on display like a touchscreen and skimmed through them. “Eh, not that one. Ehhhh, nope, not that one either.”

“What about that world? It has those weird ghosts in there!” Grubber suggested.

“No way! I won’t jeopardize my empire with ghosts and spirits! Besides, I need things that are more... material. I don’t need ghostly things,” Storm King rejected.

Then the three viewed another world that was filled with fairies. The very sight made the Storm King gag in disgust. “Ugh, that’s a huge nope right there.”

“May I suggest this particular world? It looks very... promising,” Tempest pointed. The Storm King looked at where she was pointing and saw the particular planet; he zoomed into the planet itself and viewed at the luxurious buildings and advanced technology it possessed. As he kept scrutinizing, his eyeballs enlarged and his smile grew all the way to his cheeks.

“Tempest, Grubber, we have found our new target,” he declared. “We will march toward this... ‘Gotham’? That’s an odd name.”

“That would be the name of that city according to that sign, sire,” Tempest informed.

“Still, never heard such a weird name before. Regardless, that city’s shiny possessions look very intriguing. I will investigate its resources to see what use they are. Tempest, you are coming with me! Grubber, take charge of this castle in my absence!” he commanded.

“It would be an honor, your majesty!” Grubber kneeled. Thus, he ran out of the throne room to assemble the troops.

“Make sure to take half of our army with us while that hedgehog keeps the other half here. Heh, too bad he’ll be missing out all the fun!” Storm King chuckled.

“Of course, your excellency,” Tempest complied. Afterwards, she left the room to make preparations for departure.

Then the Storm King evilly grinned at the panoramic view of Neo-Gotham City via his blue aurora. “Very soon, I will rule this entire world with no one standing in my way. Whatever it takes, I will take what is rightfully mine....... although I have no clue what this ‘multiverse’ thing is. Ehh, who cares? It’s gonna be fun.”

Then he pointed his staff at the planet while maintaining the direct coordinates of the city; he shot a beam at the aurora which created a huge portal in the middle of the throne room. The Storm King wickedly laughed as the access to the new world was made. “Sweet destiny, here I come!”

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed this prologue! Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, questions, or even constructive criticism is acceptable in the comments below. Stay tuned for the next chapter, and may you all have a great day! :twilightsmile: