• Published 14th Jan 2021
  • 282 Views, 5 Comments

The Magical Pendants' Return - totallyme6



After having gotten back on their feet and living life happily, will the Dazzlings take up an opportunity to get the pendants back?

  • ...
 5
 282

Chapter 3

Aria

Finally, Aria thought as she reached the grocery store. It had taken a while, so much for Adagio's "The apartment will be so close to stores, that we can walk!".

Then again, it wasn't that long of a walk, or at least it wouldn't have been. But oh no, of course, bringing Sonata along would mean being pestered by questions and dragging her away from street stands.

"Ooh! Look! Salted Pretzels!" Sonata pointed at them, looking ravenous.

Aria had decided to ignore it and keep walking when Sonata got distracted.

"Hey, Aria! Don't you remember the salted pretzels we got at that Festival thingy?" Sonata said, persisting.

Ugh, Aria remembered the festival. Well, what she remembers was being super bored. And Sonata was being her usual self, which wasn't making Aria's mood any better. Almost in a way to get Sonata out of Aria's hair, Adagio suggested they get pretzels from a nearby stand. Sonata happily obliged. Once Sonata tasted the pretzel, it was instant doom. For the rest of the whole festival, all she could talk about was that amazing pretzel. Of course, that meant going to get another, and Adagio decided to get one of her own. While they ate, Adagio noticed that Aria looked a bit like she wanted one. So Adagio gently ripped off a little piece and gave it to Aria.

"Here, try some. It's pretty good!" Adagio had that look on her, and Aria knew that Adagio would insist.

She munched on the piece that Adagio gave her and found that it was almost as good as Sonata advertised it!

Though Aria appreciated when Adagio was considerate like this, she had to keep up her tough image by saying, "You're getting kinda soft 'Dagi. I mean, what's with the generosity?"

"Call me soft again, and your bones will feel 'soft.'" Though it may seem a hostile statement to others, for them, it was fun banter.

If only Sonata hadn't noticed, but when she did see Aria enjoying the pretzel, she made a point to bring it up every time they found a pretzel stand (which isn't as uncommon as you might think).

"Fine! I'll buy you a pretzel since you left your money at home." Aria finally resolved. Sonata was looking gleeful as ever.

"But only if you carry the bags from the grocery store!" Sonata opened her mouth to say something but knew she couldn't risk not getting the pretzel. I mean, it was practically calling her!


Adagio

The other call centre wasn't too far away, just half an hour there and back. When Adagio got to the call centre, three people stood at the front desk, looking at the computer with focus. Hmm, how odd, she thought. She checked the paper with the instructions and went to the elevator to go to the fourth floor. When she got to the fourth floor, she saw people rushing around in a frantic panic. After standing there for a bit, someone finally came up to her. They said with a snappy tone, "Hi, what are you here for?"

"I'm here from the Gardenia Street office. I need a hard drive." Adagio answered.

After shuffling around for a few moments, Adagio got handed a hard drive, and she then walked out of the building. She could care less about what was going on; curiosity kills the cat, as some might say. If Sonata had been here, she'd have asked what was going on. Adagio thought. She would've stuck her head in other's business. Sometimes though, it's sweet how easily her mind wanders and gets fascinated by things. Who knows, it might even be helpful.

As Adagio reached the bus stop, she looked at her phone and saw that the busyness in the office had made her miss the ride back. Usually, Adagio would be pretty frustrated by this, but instead, she started walking along the streets, looking at the shops. She saw one quaint shop that looked interesting to her. It didn't sell fashion; much worse, it seemed to be something like an antique store, a jewellery store, and a pawn shop all in one. She decided to go in anyway. Perhaps being impulsive can be desirable sometimes.

The shop seemed to have a dark magenta-purple theme, with curtains that look like they were made from silk but used a cheaper material. Adagio looked around and saw gems, jewellery, and china. Some of them were for sure knock-offs, but it was surprising to Adagio how many seemed genuine. Then she heard a shuffle, and someone came out from the curtain.

"May I help you?" The presumably a shopkeeper said. Though the tone wasn't rude, it wasn't exactly inviting either.

Though Adagio didn't have any questions from before, she decided again to be impulsive. "Yes, I was wondering what you have behind that curtain."


Next Chapter: What could be behind the curtain of the store Adagio’s in? And what will Aria and Sonata buy at the grocery store? The most curious questions indeed.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! Please rate and review, and follow to see when the next chapter comes out!
The next chapter is where the story gets interesting! (^w^)