• Published 13th Nov 2020
  • 404 Views, 7 Comments

DJ-Spid3r: Vinyl The Spider-Woman - Smashed Tapes



After Vinyl is bit by a radioactive spider, the once carefree girl now needs to learn some responsibility as Spider-Woman. Learning to help the city and her loved ones against those who want to hurt them.

  • ...
3
 7
 404

Chapter 1: Bitten

“Vinyl! Wake up!”

The blue haired girl woke up with a jolt as her friend yelled and shook her.

“I can’t believe you fell asleep on the ride here, it was only a half hour!”

“Didn’t get much sleep, let me live.”

“You always don’t get enough sleep.”

Lyra rolled her eyes and motioned Vinyl to follow as the students exited the bus. She sighed and followed her friend, leading outside a tall tower in inner Canterlot City. She yawned as Principal Celestia called for the students to line up into pairs.

“Now students! Form together with your partner and let’s all calmly enter through the front. Remember, no yelling or pushing! Mr Sombra is doing us all such a kind favour to let us visit!”

Vinyl fished her phone out of her pocket and went to place her earphones in before Lyra hit her in the shoulder.

“I’m sure your music can wait, don’t be rude.”

“Uuuggghhh, why are we even here? It’s just some science building.”

“It’s Crystal Corp, leading tech company? The one that made your phone?”

“Still don’t see the big deal.”

“Just don’t get us in trouble, I don’t need detention, I have a date with Bon Bon tonight.”

“Fiiine, for you, Lyra.”

“Thanks V.”

The students all slowly entered the front, giving way to a large room with many seats of stairs, people in suits and lab coats all walking around. Principal Celestia received a pass from the receptionist before leading the class upstairs and to a large elevator.

“Now students, reminder that you cannot touch anything you may come across, we are entering an active workspace and we mustn’t interrupt their important work!”

Vinyl grinned at Lyra, the green haired girl glaring back.

“Don’t you dare, V.”

“Okay okay, I’m only gonna touch like, a few things.”

Vinyl. It’s date night.”

“Alright, I’ll just look.”

The group entered what looked to be some sort of high tech lab once they exited the elevator, scientists moving and working left and right. A tall man with pitch black hair and a stubble saw the class and walked to them, smiling. He spoke with a deep, low voice that made some of the students swoon.

“Good morning, Canterlot High! I see the lovely Celestia had no trouble leading you all here. My name is Dr Karter Sombra, but just please, just call me Doc. Welcome to Crystal Corp! Today’s tour will begin just ahead of us in our mobile technology sector. But before we begin, would anyone like to have a guess as to what this current room is used for?”

The student’s looked around, confused, trying to piece together the seemingly random projects around them. Lyra raised her hand before Sombra called on her.

“Oh yes, would you like to guess?”

“Biotechnology?”

“Ah! Great eye you got there, miss…?”

“Lyra.”

“Well, you certainly have an eye for this, Lyra! Yes this current sector is for our biotechnology research and development. Here we look into the many uses of combining technology with that of nature. Sadly I cannot tell you about most of them at this moment, NDAs and all that. But I promise that you’ll be hearing about it soon!”

Vinyl raised an eyebrow and looked at her friend.

“How the fuck did you know that?”

“It was in the travel guide.”

“Wow, smart.”

Lyra beamed as Vinyl rolled her eyes before raising her hand, Sombra calling on her.

“Yes, the blue haired girl in the back.”

“Sorry to intrude but do you know where the bathroom is?”

“Ah, how could I forget, at any point during the tour any of you need the restroom, just follow down back here and out the door to the right hall. You’ll find it there, don’t worry about getting lost or in trouble, all my workers know about this tour and will be happy to help you back if you get lost.”

“Thanks.”

Lyra just looked at Vinyl, staring daggers into her.

“I swear if you-”

“Relax, I just need to piss, I’ll be right back.”

The tour moved on without her as Vinyl walked back, trying to find the restrooms he mentioned.

‘Doesn’t help with every door looking the fucking same.’

She wandered around for a bit, confused as to which door to enter, before finding ones with a small restroom sign above them. Before she entered her eye caught a man in a dark suit looking around, making sure no one was looking for unlocking and entering a seemingly unimportant door.

‘Well...I’m not with Lyra so she won’t get into trouble...Okay brain you’ve already convinced me.’

Vinyl quickly walked up and caught the door with her foot before it closed. She slowly poked her head in, whatever worker came in must have gone through the other door on the back wall. She walked inside and saw the large machine in front of her. It was a large cylinder with tubes, inside the glass were about hundreds of different spiders. She wasn’t scared of spiders normally, being seeing that many gave her pause. After the shock, she found herself pretty bored, hoping to see something really cool in a building like this.

‘That’s it? Just a bunch of spiders? Fucking lame.’

She shrugged and left the room, heading back to the restroom, not noticing a small cracked hole in the glass that contained the spiders…

Vinyl washed her hands and dried them off with a paper towel, looking in the mirror, seeing how deep her eye bags were.

‘If school didn’t start so damn early, I might actually get a decent night’s sleep one of these days’

She sighed, readying herself for the next few hours of boring nerd talk, not before feeling a sting on her hand.

“FUCK!”

She swatted at her hand, she felt bitten by something. She looked at her other hand, seeing a squashed spider in her palm.

“Ew…”

She washed it off her hand and left the bathroom.

‘Eh, didn’t look too big, I’m sure I’ll be fine. Though being sick would get me out of school…’

-----

The rest of the day was the same stuff, seeing a bunch of tech and test tubes while Sombra talked about how cool and important it all was, Vinyl found it hard to keep her eyes open the whole time even if some of the other students actually looked interested. Luckily no one found out about her little detour, so her night was free for mixing and video games, Lyra just seemed thankful to have the night free with Bon Bon. When she got home to her apartment however, her head felt like it was being drilled into, stumbling into her space while closing the door behind her. She felt dizzy, hot and cold at the same time. Deciding to postpone mixing her latest track, she collapsed into her bed, tightly gripping her covers as she hoped that her migraine would be not as bad in the morning.

---

Well, the morning started off fine enough, her pain was gone at least. Vinyl yawned and slowly crawled out of her bed, blinking her eyes awake and looking around her room. She grabbed her phone from the bedside table and checked it. It was surprisingly early for her, normally she would be rushing out of the door to get to school on time, but she had more than an hour before she had to do that. Vinyl sighed and entered the rest of her apartment, before wandering over to the fridge and grabbing her milk. As she chugged she felt something crawl across her foot, she looked down only to see a large rat on it.

“SHIT!”

She leaped backwards, shaking the rat off her as it ran away. She chuckled to herself, making a mental reminder to buy more traps. As the jolt of energy calmed down, she looked around, her kitchen was further away now.

Damn, so gym class might actually be paying off. Now I just need to get down….wait a moment.’

After realising that there should be nothing to get down from, she looked down at herself.
She was up alright.
Up on the wall.

Vinyl yelped and lost her grip, falling to the floor with a thud.

“Ow…”

She stood up and looked at her hands, inspecting them more closely than she ever had before.

‘You’re okay Vinyl, you’re just tired, you definitely did not just somehow cling to that wall...yeah.’

Moving on from that experience, she moved to the bathroom, having missed her night shower she thought it best to have one now. She undressed herself and placed her towel on the rack, taking a step forward only for the floor mat to slide with her. She yelled out and grabbed the rack to support herself only for it to come off the wall. She fell on her ass, shaking her head.

‘I gotta learn to dry off all the water on the floor before I leave, this shit’s getting annoying.’

She looked to where the rack had been, shocked that a simple fall broke it off.

‘It didn’t feel that loose though…’

Looking down to her hand and at the rack she felt, she moved it down on the floor only to see an indent of where she grabbed it. Surprised, she picked it up again.

‘Hang on…’

She applied some pressure to the metal, only to feel it fold and twist like paper in her hands.

“Okay, gym class can’t be paying off this well.”

She was now freaking out, she picked herself up and wandered back to the main room. Looking at her hands and then the wall, she gulped before placing her palms against its surface, and beyond all laws of reason, she began to somehow climb up it.

‘Y-You’re okay Vinyl, you can just crash metal like nothing and CLIMB UP WALLS AND SHIT!’

She continued, eventually crawling to the ceiling, looking at her now upside down apartment before dropping down.

“I...what?? What the fuck is happening to me!?”

She needed to tell someone, with the first person coming to mind being Lyra, yeah, she wouldn’t spread this out. She ran for the door, only to stop in her tracks.

‘I should shower and uh...actually put on some clothes first’

-----

Vinyl rushed to Canterlot High, earlier than she ever had down before. She walked into the nearly empty halls and turned the corner. She knew Lyra would be here early, checking on Bon Bon’s cooking project for her while they got ready. She still had some time before a lot more students would start showing up, time she needed to tell Lyra what was happening.

She entered the kitchen and sure enough, found Lyra there checking the fridge, she turned around and was shocked at her friend’s arrival.

“Vinyl? Wow you’re here early, normally you’d be sleeping right now.”

Lyra caught the panicked expression on her friend’s face, concerned.

“Yo V, you okay?”

Vinyl entered the kitchen, pacing around as she tried to form the words needed.

“Okay okay okay, so something kinda….big happened and I’m kinda panicking! I….don’t know how or what but-”

“Lemme guess, you saw a hot girl in the hall?”

“Lyra I’m being serious I-”

“Or did you meet some rock hottie at your last show?”

“Lyra please I’m-”

“Wait wait wait, don’t tell me, you forget we have a math test tomorrow. Well don’t worry, you can borrow my notes-”

Vinyl grew impatient and grabbed one of the tall metal chairs used in the kitchen, bending it in half with ease, stopping Lyra’s words in her tracks.

“H-How the fuck did you do that?”

“I don’t know! I told you something big happened Lyra! I crushed my towel rack like paper this morning, and when I leapt back when I found a mouse I landed on my wall. That’s right, on my fucking wall, because apperently I can cling to shit now!”

“C-Cling to what now-”

Vinyl quickly jumped up, landing on the ceiling above and sticking to it as Lyra’s eyes widened.

“W-What the fuck V!?”

She landed back down and looked at her friend.

“Yeah! See what I fucking mean now!? Suddenly I can do all this shit and I have no fucking clue how!”

Lyra placed her hands on her friends shoulders, motioning them to take deep breaths, which Vinyl did, calming her down.

“Okay, I’m not exactly sure what’s going on either. But try looking at this in a different way.”

“What different way?”

“V, you got fucking superpowers!”

“I...what?”

“You have super strength! And I’m sure no normal person can just leap up like that so maybe super agility as well! And you can like, crawl on walls!”

“I...no don’t you need muscles to be strong-”

Vinyl felt her stomach to prove her point, only to feel something much harder and flatter.

“Wait the fuck-”

She slightly lifted up her shirt, only for a pair of abs to greet her.

“When the fuck!?”

“Um, I’m pretty sure you didn’t have that yesterday…”

“You fucking think!”

“Wait, your arms!”

“What do you mean-”

Vinyl ran a hand up her arm and froze, it was toned and hard too. She had muscles now. In fact, while looking at herself through the metal reflection in the fridge, she was actually a lot more well built now, enough to give even captain of the track team Rainbow Dash a run for her money.

“Okay….so I’m ripped now. I can crush shit, I can leap and stuff, and crawl on walls….Not gonna lie still kinda freaked out but….it’s kinda cool.”

“See! It is cool when you think about it like that!”

“B-But how the fuck did this happen?”

“Who knows, maybe you’re an alien sent here from space, only now having your traits come up.”

“Haha, very funny.”

Lyra beamed as she saw her friend, before relaxing.

“Okay okay, we need to test things out, I mean, you could even be a superhero.”

“Woah woah, lets not go that far, I just wanna see how far this goes”

“That’s fair, I got some free time after school, if you wanna head over to my place?”

“What about your mums?”

“They’re out for the week, so we got time.”

The bell rang through the halls as the sounds of many pairs of feet were heard wandering to their classes.

“We should head to class. Don’t worry, I won’t say a word of this to anyone, okay V?”

“Thanks Lyra.”

They both walked out of the kitchen and down the hall.

‘You could even be a superhero….yeah, fat chance of that happening.’

Author's Note:

Hello lovelies! Decided to do a less serious side fic while writing Broken Records. That with the fact that I've been playing that heck out of the new Miles Morales game, I present y'all with this! I have no idea how long this fic will be, but I hope you enjoy this adventure with spider Vinyl! Lemme know any and all feedback bellow! I hope every one of you has a lovely day! :pinkiehappy: