• Published 3rd Sep 2020
  • 126 Views, 0 Comments

Speedwrites - Holtinater



Every speedwrite I don't feel like expanding/editing.

  • ...
 0
 126

“What’s with the teeth?”

“What do you mean?” asked a confused changeling.

“I mean, you’ve got huge fangs, right? What do you use them for?” the dragon asked his new friend.

“Oh. Well, I dunno. We just have them. I think they might’ve been used for eating, but we’re a little different than how we used to be.”

“So why do you still have them?”

“No clue. And before you ask, no, I don’t know what the holes are for. They must’ve been there for a reason at some point, but we don’t exactly use them anymore.”

This got the baby dragon thinking. “What if its use hasn’t been lost, but the knowledge of it has? What if they’re for a lost art of kung fu! Thorax, you could be a descendant of a ninja!”

Thorax blushed, but then thought of something. “Actually, lots of changeling infiltrators could be considered ninjas. But I still don’t think they use the holes for anything. Or the fangs. Sorry Spike.”

Spike was again lost in thought, his mind wandering to places where only young minds do. “I’m sure Twilight must have a book on something like that. Something old and written in a language nopony, or uh, nochangeling speaks in anymore.”

“I would hope that she doesn’t. Changelings have always had pride in their secrecy, so I doubt there’s much about us in any history book.” Thorax cringed, “Well, not until recently, anyways.”

Spike noticed this change and went to comfort his friend. “Hey, don’t beat yourself up about that. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

Thorax took a moment to soak up his friend’s empathy, in both respects, and smiled as he replied, “Thanks Spike. It feels good to have a friend.”

Spike smiled back. “Well, once we get to the Empire, you’ll get a lot more.”

Author's Note:

Rob's PANIC! where we only had 18 minutes to write about teeth, with a max word count of 303. Obviously, I just had to write about changelings.