• Published 22nd Aug 2020
  • 487 Views, 11 Comments

The Suns and Sirens - SlimmyCat



Sunset Shimmer runs over Sonata's cat and now the dazzlings have to live with her in her older sister's house, but she forget to tell her sister, who doesn't know what awaits for her.

  • ...
1
 11
 487

The Owner Has Arrived

Sunset awoke to her phone ringing. The blaring music of PostCrush on her bedside table. The red and yellow-haired girl groaned and sat up. Sunset reached over and grabbed it, not looking at the caller id.

"Hello?" She answered, sleep still in her voice. The person on the other end gave a small laugh.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Sunset let her brain register the voice. Rarity.

"No I just had a long night," She said groggily rubbing her eyes. She does a glance around her room. The sun was shining brightly through the window, the blue curtains giving the room a teal glow.

"What time did you fall asleep?"

Sunset rolled her shoulders."Maybe around 2," Another yawn threatened to escape her mouth but she suppressed it. Sitting on the edge of her bed, she stretched her legs.

"Sunset, you really need to get your schedule in order," Rarity chided. Sunset chuckled, her voice still raspy. "I know, I'm working on it,"

"Anyway I called to let you know that I required some models, will you be able to model for me?" Rarity asked, moving on. Sunset stood up from her bed, her feet still in the process of waking up.

"No, sorry Rarity, what about Fluttershy? I thought she was your model," Sunset walked over to her bathroom, opening the door to hear Rarity sigh dramatically.

"I'm afraid my dearest has been taken from me," Rarity spoke. Sunset rolled her eyes and grabbed her toothbrush. "Fluttershy had to go to some stupid family reunion," The girl on the other end huffed.

"Are you mad she didn't take you?" Sunset placed her phone down, putting it on speaker.

"Of course not, I could never be mad at her, she's too cute," Rarity gushed. Sunset shook her head. "I hear a 'but' coming up,"

Sunset heard Rarity whine."But I wanted to meet her family, we've been dating for two years now. I should have already met them by now," Rarity complained into the phone.

Already brushing her teeth, Sunset shook her head, foam leaking out from her mouth. Spitting out a mixture of spit and toothpaste, Sunset wiped the edge of her mouth. "Well have you talked about it with her?" She asked, putting the toothbrush back in her mouth.

"No, but how am I supposed to approach her with that? Hey, Fluttershy, I wanna meet your extended family now? I sound like a jerk," Rarity pouted, Sunset could imagine her crossing her arms.

"You never know Rarity, maybe she does want you to meet her family. She probably thinks you don't want to. You know she has a habit of overthinking things," Sunset responded before brushing her teeth again.

"Hm, I suppose your right, I'll talk with her when she gets back,"

"When does she come back?" Sunset asked, with toothpaste still in her mouth. The words jumbled together.

"Three days, I have to be alone for three days," Rarity cried making Sunset roll her eyes. The red-haired girl grabbed a small cup of water and threw the water back in her mouth gurgling it before spitting it out. She wiped her mouth, wiping away any excess water.

"Is that why you need models? Trying to distract yourself?" Sunset smirked and grabbed her phone. Walking out of her bathroom she headed to the walk-in closet.

"What else am I supposed to do? Watch the clock and wait for her to come back?"

Sunset rolled her eyes and changed out of her pajamas into some shorts and an orange tank top. She was either going to play video games or go on a jog. Both options still in the air, she was kinda leaning towards the former.

"Well Rarity, I have plans today, have you tried to the other girls?" Sunset asked, closing the door to her closet, phone in hand. Rarity hummed and a flicker of paper was heard. "I was able to get Twilight, I didn't dare ask Rainbow, and the other two are working,"

"If I see someone, I'll send them your way," Sunset offered, walking over to her bedroom door. Opening the door, she walked down the hallway. "Thank you, darling, if you want I could make you an outfit, free of charge?" Rarity offered, her tone was hopeful. Sunset laughed as she walked down the stairs.

As she got closer, the sounds of the television could be heard. There was also the smell of food being cooked in the kitchen. That's weird, her sister gave the maid off until she got back.

"Really if you're up for it, then sure," Sunset peaked her head into the living room to see two of the sirens laying on the couch. Sonata was at one end, Taco laying on her stomach. Aria was sitting next to her, Trinket at her feet. They looked up when they noticed Sunset enter the room. Sonata waved with a smile and Aria nodded her head. Sunset gave a small awkward wave and a smile before heading to the kitchen where the delicious smell was coming from.

She forgot they were here. Raising an eyebrow, she looked around. If they were here, then where was the other one?

As she entered the kitchen, she could see Adagio standing in front of the stove, her signature ponytail nowhere to be found in its place was lower. The siren turned her head to see Sunset enter the room. The taller girl gave a wave as Adagio looked one over at her before turning back to the stove.

"Oh sounds like someone's eating today? Is your sister back today?" Rarity's voice pipes up scaring her a little. Sunset chuckled before walking over to the refrigerator. "No she usually messages me a day early, haven't gotten a text yet," She was hesitant to tell about the sirens. Opening it, she got out the jug of orange juice and placed it on the table.

Sunset hummed as she grabbed a cup and poured herself a glass. "Haven't really checked either," She murmured sitting down. Rarity let out a hum of her own.

"Maybe you should check, remember the last sleepover?" The memory immediately popped into her mind making her groan.

Her sister had walked in on one of their many sleepovers and the house was trashed. Sunset had never seen her sister look so angry. Well to be honest, she couldn't really tell since her sister was so stoic. But after years, Sunset was able to tell her sister's emotion to a certain degree.

"You're right," Sunset agreed, scrolling down to see her notifications.

Her notification were full. There were messages from Rarity, some from the group chat, and other social media notifications. She swiped the ones that weren't important.

As she swiped, she stood up and walked out of the kitchen. Her footing stopped and eyes widened. There was a message from her sister.

"Gonna be home by 11,"

She guessed and looked at the time. Her chest started pounding and sweat started forming. It was 10:59.

As she looked up, the front door opened and in walked a very tall woman with vibrant red and orange hair. She wore a long brown trenchcoat over a black turtleneck. She had darker brown slacks and black dress shoes. Over her eyes were a pair of shades.

The woman turned her head to look at the two girls on the couch then over at Sunset.

"I gotta go Rarity," Sunset hung up before letting the girl speak. She put her phone in her pocket before awkwardly looking at her sister.

"Uh Welcome back Sunfire," She rubbed the back of her neck and avoided the cold hard stare from the older woman.

"You have five minutes"

Sunset took a deep breath.

"Okay so..."

Author's Note:

See you next time! Who knows will it be tomorrow, next week, or next month? Will Sunset die next chapter?