• Published 29th Sep 2020
  • 945 Views, 3 Comments

Attack on Titan 3 - Gojizilla54



Eren Jaeger's battle against the Titans rages on! With his ferocious abilities and a new plan, Eren and his friends set out to face the Titans head-on. But as they prepare for war, they begin to unearth terrifying secrets.

  • ...
6
 3
 945

Old Story


Before the whole mess had started, the Levi Squad gathered around a table, listening to Historia's backstory.

"I was born on a small farm in the northern region of Wall Rose," began Historia. "It was on land owned by the noble family of Reiss."

"Ooh... I love stories about farms and family history, like our ancestors," said Apple Bloom.

"Apple Bloom, I love to talk about it too, but let Historia do the talkin'," said Applejack. "Continue Historia."

Historia smiled at Applejack and took a deep breath.


845

In a small farm, a young Historia helped around the farm by carrying a hay bale, collecting water from a well in a bucket, and feeding the horses, sheep, chickens, cattle, and pigs.

"As far back as I can remember, I was helping around the farm," began Historia.

As young Historia carrying a bucket of water, she look to see a slender woman with bright eyes and shoulder-length dirty blonde hair with bangs that brushed just past her eyebrows under a tree, reading a book.

"But, my mother was always reading books and not once did I see her doing housework. She was a beautiful woman... At night, someone would come for her in a wagon... and she'd go off to the city wearing fancy clothes."

Yesterday night, Historia watched her mother walk towards a wagon wearing a pink jacket. As the wagon galloped away, Historia watched the wagon ride into the darkness of the night.

"For me, that was just life as I knew it."

Young Historia looked down at a bench and saw a book next to her, the book that her mother would always read under the tree. She picked opened the book and started to read the pages inside the book.

"After I learned to read and write, I picked up a book to imitate my mother. Only then did I know how alone I was. In all the books, parents cared about their children. They talked, hugged, fought... or so the stories went. I had never experienced any of those things. One day, out of curiosity, I decided to try hugging my mother. I just wanted to she what kind of face she would make."

Using the knowledge from the book yesterday night, young Historia pounced on her mother's lap, giggling.

"Mother!" called young Historia.

Instead of Historia's mother giggling or smiling, she had a look of shock. She then grabbed young Historia's face and forcefully shoved her off her lap. Young Historia tumbled down, causing blood to run down her nose.

"She ended up shoving me away, but that was the first thing my mother did to me. That's why it made me so happy."

Young Historia wiped the blood off her nose and smiled at her mother. Historia's mother stood up and look at Historia as if she were just a stranger.

"If only I had the courage... to kill the girl..." said her mother, coldly.

She then started to walk away from her daughter, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Those were... the final words my mother said to me. After that, she left the house and began living somewhere else."


"Damn," interrupted Rainbow Dash. "And here I though my mother sucked."

"You're mother was supportive, what's so bad about that?" asked Scootaloo. "Look at my mother, she would not come home for days, due to her studying animals, and some shit."

"The bad thing is that she was too supportive," stated Rainbow Dash. "And look at Historia's mother, wonder how you don't lose custody of your child?"

"Rainbow, can you just shut yer' mouth!" scolded Applejack. "We all want to hear Historia's story not yours."

"Sorry Historia," apologized Rainbow Dash. "Please continued."


Back in the story, it was a dark night, a carriage was waiting in front of Historia's house.

"And then, five years ago... One night just days after Wall Maria fell... For the first time, I met my father."

The house door opened and Rod Reiss enter the house with a brown coat and hat. Rod took off his hat and look at his daughter.

"Nice to meet you, Historia," said Rod. "My name is Rod Reiss... I'm your father."

Young Historia look at her father with confusion as if she was a complete stranger to her. She then looked at her mother, who had a terrified look on her face.

"That man... He was the lord ruling the land we lived on. My mother I hadn't seen in years looked terribly frightened."

Rod Reiss got to eye level to his daughter.

"Historia... You'll be living with with me now," he stated.

Young Historia held on to her father's hand as her mother was in front of them. Once they were just a couple feet away from the carriage, two figures stood in front of the family. Historia's mother screamed in fear as she tried to run away, only to held by other two men, which on them to be Kenny.

"This is a problem, Lord Reiss," said Kenny. "Let's avoid acting rashly now. Did the fall of Wall Maria make your a little scared?"

"Mother!" called young Historia.

"No!" scolded her mother. "I am not the mother of that girl! She has nothing to do with me!"

"Is that rue, Lord Reiss?" asked Kenny. "Do you really have nothing to do with this woman or child?"

Rod Reiss look at his daughter, who had the look of hurt and confusion written on her face. Rod let's out a sigh and lets go of her hand.

"So be it..." Rod said. "These two here have nothing to do with me."

"I though that might be the case," said Kenny.

The man that pinned Historia's mother forced her to be on her knees. She squealed in panic, looking at the man pinning her and her family.

"What?! What are you....?" she asked.

"You never existed," stated Kenny, taking out a knife with a curved blade. "You never worked at the estate either. Nobody knows who are."

Historia's mother looked at the blade and now had full blown panic in her face.

"That's not... Master!" she shouted. "Please tell them that's not true!"

"Mother..." whispered young Historia, walking towards her mother.

Kenny then grabbed her chin and lifted it. Kenny placed the curved blade against her throat.

"If only... If only I never had you!" shouted her mother.

With one swipe of the blade, blood started to pour out of the throat. Young Historia watched in her as her mother limply fell to the ground, dead, with a pool of blood pouring out. Young Historia dropped her book in response. Kenny then approached young Historia and lifted her up, pointing his blade against her throat.

"Those were the final words said by my mother."

"Wait," said Rod.

"Moments before I was to be killed my father proposed an idea. That if I were to be sent far away and live out a quiet life, perhaps they could spare me."

"Your name will be Christa Lenz," declared Rod.


Back in the present, Rod hugged her long lost daughter.

"Please forgive me for everything," pleaded Rod. "In order to you, I had no other choice."

"F-Father..." whispered Historia.

"I was always thinking about you," said Rod. "I've always dreamed of this day I could hold you like this. You're special... Royal blood runs through you."

Hot tears started to stream down Historia's face, realizing the truth.

"It... does?" whimpered Historia.

"That's right," said Rod, standing up. "Our Reiss family is the true royal line. And because you're special, you're the one and only person who can save all of humanity. Now, let us go, Historia. To the place it all began..."


Back at the cabin, Sannes limped is way back in the prison cell, which also housed Ralph. Moblit and Hange supervised the two if any other suspicious moves.

"Sannes!" called Ralph. "Are you alright?"

Moblit closed the cell door and Sannes just stopped in his tracks and look at Ralph.

"You didn't tell them anything, right?" asked Ralph. "Our loyalty to the King is more--"

Sannes then lashed out at Ralph and gripped Ralph's neck, causing him to wheeze.

"I can't stand to hear your voice anymore!" cried Sannes. "You've betrayed me since the very beginning!"

Sannes tightened his grip around Ralph's neck, almost making his face blue.

"To think how I trusted you!" he continued.

"Sannes!" called Hange. "He never told us anything. In fact, we never questioned him."

Sannes then loosened his grip, causing Ralph to fall to the ground and desperately breathing in air.

"We threatened Ralph with a knife and forced him to read this script I wrote," stated Hange, holding up a piece of paper. That's all."

Sannes then fell to his knees, knowing that his stupidity and panic got to him.

"Does that mean... I betrayed the King?" asked Sannes.

Hange and Moblit turned around and started to walk away.

"Y-You devils!" wheezed Ralph.

Hange looked back at the two Interior MPs, placing her goggles on her forehead.

"I'm not trying to deny it, but... I'm sure Nick thought the same thing about you two," said Hange. "That's why I said what I did. That I was beginning to feel sorry for you. Look how pathetic you are! Grown-ass men wailing and crying like babies. IT SERVES YOU RIGHT, MORONS! See how you like spending the rest of life shitting in a tiny cell. See ya."

"Next in line," said Sannes. "This role of ours... There's an order to it. When one's role is done another steps in to start the act again. And thus, the world can never be rid of it. Good luck, Hange."

Hange gives Sannes a cold stare and started to walk away without saying a word.

Section Commander?" called Moblit.

Hange went back upstairs and closed the door behind her. She lets out a huge sigh and look at the table. She kicks the table like a soccer ball, causing the chairs that were on top of the table to fall down. Then Levi and Petra looked at Hange with awkwardness filling the room.

"Sorry... I made a mess," said Hange.

"We can tell and hear before walking in," said Petra. "What were you mad about?"

"There was a cockroach," said Hange.

"Fluttershy not going to like that," said Petra.

"Just one kick of your should've blasted it to bits," said Levi, walking back up the stairs. "It's about time you fill them in."

"Yeah... I should," said Hange following Levi.

Back at the meeting room, Hange broke the news to the Levi Squad, causing shock in the room, and affecting Mikasa the most.

"Eren's going to be eaten?" asked Armin.

"The hell?" asked Rainbow Dash. "Is this shit true?"

"Yeah," said Hange. "Eren remembered a conversation that went like this..."

"Did you resent me for it?" asked Ymir

"I'm not sure..." said Bertholdt. "You probably don't want to eat a human either..."

"Speculating based on that, Ymir was a Titan wandering outside the wall," stated Hange. "Bertholdt, Reiner, and Annie had a comrade that she ate--"

"Those three backstabbing sons of bitches?" interrupted Rainbow Dash. "Hope they die in the worse possible way, excluding Annie since she became sleeping beauty."

"Anyway... When a Titan eats someone, they don't change back into a human," continued Hange. "But, what if a Titan ate one of Reiner's comrades? They're humans who can transform into Titans."

"Umm... I only paid attention to like half of that, can you try to explain it in simple terms?" asked Sunny Flare.

"Basically what Hange is saying is this, if a Titan eats someone with that power they revert back into human," explained Sugarcoat.

"Took the words right of my mouth," said Hange. "Furthermore, they obtain the power of those they eat. In the other day's battle, Reiner was throwing Titans at Eren, who has escaped."

"But why were they chasin' Eren?" asked Apple Bloom. "He must be that important for Reiner to capture him."

"Eren has the power of control Titans with his scream," stated Hange. "He was trying to snatch that power with those Titans. In that case, Eren is just a vessel who is bound to be replaced. Basically, if the government has a Titan of their own, they'll be the one to eat Eren. "

In the back, Mikasa closed her eyes, trying to ignore the Eren being eaten information. She then started to storm angrily out the room, but Levi gripped her shoulder and help her back.

"Calm down," ordered Levi. "Even if you go on a rampage, they're not going to give Eren back to us. Anyways, we head for the lands of this Rod Reiss. Get ready to leave at once."

"Yes, sir!" shouted the members.

All of them walked out of the room in an orderly fashion. All of them started to head downstairs.

"I'll go tell Erwin what we learned about the Reiss family," said Hange. "I'm sure he's waiting to hear from us."

"Right," said Levi.

"We can meet up on Reiss' land," said Hange. "Hear from me at the usual spot."


Back at the Trost District, Erwin was still in his dorm, organizing his papers into a book until a Scout opened his door.

"Excuse me," said the Scout. "Commander Erwin, Pyxis is here for you."

"The commander?" asked Erwin.

"Yes, he wants to see you," replied the Scout.

"Let him in," said Erwin.

"Sir," replied the Scout.

Pyxis then stood in the doorway of Erwin's dorm, wearing a maroon vest with a white shirt.

"Sorry about the late visit," apologized Pyxis. "I just couldn't stand still, you see. I finished reading your letter. I came with some thoughts of my own."

Erwin then walked towards a window sliding the curtains. as Erwin, closed the windows, Pyxis found an empty chair and sat on it.

"But, first I need to ask... Are you serious?" Pyxis asked.

"Yes," replied Erwin. "In order to retake Wall Maria, we have to overthrow the government."

"I knew this would happen one day," groaned Pyxis. "This cramped world can only hold people for so long before they begin to lash out. And when that time came, I'd have to point my gun at the King as well."

"If my guess proves correct, this plane will not require military force to take action," stated Erwin. "Nor should it be necessary for anyone to die."

"Do tell me then," said Pyxis. "Is such a method possible?"

"However, the government for this to happen is not quite ready," stated Erwin. "And if everything is not in order, me and everybody else will be hanged, no doubt."

"Oh, that's all?" asked Pyxis. "In other words, it's another huge gamble."

"It seems I may be a betting man," said Erwin. "The news should come shortly. Until it arrives, I'd like you to hear a story regarding my childhood."

"Hmm?" said Pyxis.

"My father... He was a teacher," began Erwin.


In the streets of the Trost District, everyone gathered around the murder scene of Dimo Reeves. Then, Hange and Moblit galloped around the crowd and look behind.

"What in the world?" wondered Hange.

"Section Commander. That was..." said Moblit.

"Yeah, I know," said Hange.

Hange and Moblit galloped to Erwin's dorm. Once the two got there, they opened to door to see Pyxis and Erwin sitting acroos from each other.

"Excuse me!" called Hange. "Erwin."

Hange then went next to Erwin and whispered the news of Historia's lineage.

"I thought as much," stated Erwin. "My gamble was correct after all, commander. One of the First Interior Squad confessed. The current royal family is a fraud. Reiss is the true royal family."

"My word," gasped Pyxis, his eyed widen.

"Right now, Squad Levi is underway rescuing Eren and Historia," informed Erwin. "Once they're recovered, we'll have Historia Reiss enthroned as Queen. As one possessing the true royal blood."

Hange and Moblit gasped, while Pyxis began to process a thought.

"And you'll force the makeshift King to relinquish the crown?" asked Pyxis. "To the true Queen..."

"Without spilling any blood we will overthrow the government," said Erwin. "And in front of the people, we'll reveal that the system as they know it has all been a lie."

Pyxis stood up from his seat and thought for a little while, until he found his answer.

"Very well," complimented Pyxis. "I'll back up your plan. However, whether or not it should be carried out is not for us to decide. You understand that, don't you, Erwin?"

"Of course, commander," replied Erwin.

"I'll be taking off now," said Pyxis, leaving the dorm.

Once Pxyis left the dorm and got on his carriage, Hange and Moblit turned their attention to Erwin and the royal family.

"Did anything come of the Reiss investigation?" asked Hange.

"I found out as much as I could," assured Erwin, handing Hange a book. "From all that I leanred one curious incident stuck out."

"Incident?" asked Hange, opening the book.

"Commander Erwin!" called a Scout. "The Interior Squad demands you turn yourself in! They're making a scene in the middle of the city that you organized a murder!"

Hange look at the Scout like if she saw a really complicated math problem.

"It seems the enemy's been making plans of their own," stated Erwin. "Hange, get far from here."

"What are you planning to do?" asked Hange.

"I need to be face of the Scout Regiment," stated Erwin, putting on his Scout coat. "You should act at your own discretion. Furthermore, the next commander of the Scout Regiment... Hange Zoƫ, it's you. the Scouts are in your hands."

Erwin the left his dorm, leaving a speechless Hange and one Moblit in his dorm.


It is dawn outside when Erwin walked through a crowd of people, followed two Interior MPs behind his back.

"It's him," said a civilian.

"It's Erwin," said a another.

The crowd started to move to the side for Erwin to get through. Erwin look at the three body bags, one of them had Dimo's body with his family grieving.

"I take it you know who this is, Erwin?" asked Roger.

"The boss of Reeves Company," stated Erwin. "Mr. Dimo Reeves."

"Yesterday, and in this very place, Eren Jaeger was abducted by underlings of Reeves," stated Roger. "However... that was all a mere scheme between the Scouts and Reeves Company in order to evade handing over Eren Jaeger to the government. And then... when Reeves was on longer needed, they killed the man to keep him from talking. The murderer is still at large and must be holed up with Eren."

"What a convenient story that is," said Erwin sarcastically.

"What you scoundrels are doing... It's the same as monopolizing Eren's power for yourself," stated Roger. "And that act violates clause six of the Humanity Charter. You know which that one is, don't you?"

"To prioritize one's gain over the safety and longevity of humanity, yes?" asked Erwin.

"That's right," replied Roger. "Therefore, in acknowledge of violating said law, all Scouts are to be apprehended!"

Roger and the crowd were too focus on the murder scene that they didn't noticed a certain red-hair man in the back, hiding in an alleyway.

"Old man..." whispered Flegel.

Flegel then took off as he heard a bunch of MPs running down the street. At the headquarters, all the Scouts were cuffed and were walking towards a carriage surrounded by the Interior MPs.

"You think the fat cats will finally be satisfied?" asked Kenny from above. "I bet Reeves would be glad to know he proved useful in the end."

"There's still Levi to deal with..." stated Caven.

"I told you, he'll show on his own," said Kenny.

"From what?" asked Adagio. "Thin air, you saw how he kicked your ass out of that bar."

"Seriously he is a threat to all of us, you know?" asked Aria. "And I do include his members too."

"Look, we'll crush him when the time comes," said Kenny, walking away.

Caven, Kenny, Adagio, and Aria walked away while Sonata watched the apprehended Scouts. When she was a kid, her dream was to explore beyond the walls with the Scouts. But, when she was in the top fifteen with Adagio and Aria when they were cadets, the two girls forced her to abandon her dream. Now, she's stuck working for a murderer, due to her friends.

"Hey, Sonata!" called Kenny. "Quit being a snail!"

"Coming, captain!" called Sonata.

Sonata looked behind for a quick moment and saw Moblit and Hange running into an alleyway, hiding from the Interior MPs.

"What do we do now?" whispered Moblit.

Moblit and Hange looked up and saw Sonata watching them. But much to their surprise, Sonata didn't say a word and walked away from them like nothing happened. Hange observed Sonata and noticed her change in behavior, knowing that she is a different member from the rest.

Back at the streets, Roger and two Interior MPs escorted Erwin to his carriage.

"May I have a moment?" asked Erwin.

Erwin turned around and walked towards the grieving family of Dimo Reeves. Dimo's wife look at Erwin with an angry face.

"Get away from my husband, you lowlife!" scolded Dimo's wife.

The two Interior MPs looked at Roger, who just shrugged in response. Erwin kneeled down in front of Dimo's body and family.

"In the battle of Trost District, Mr. Reeves delayed the evacuation by trying to take along his wealth," stated Erwin.

"So what?!" she scolded. "Are you saying he deserved to die?!"

"However... given the current situation with Trost on the verge of collapse," said Erwin. "He planted his feet in the city and using any means possible... he aided those with no place to go while striving to revive the city. Expect, by something's hands that dram was extinguished. I promise you... I will avenge him."

Dimo's wife looked Erwin with a little smile at Erwin's promise. Erwin's carriage galloped away from the crowd. Inside the carriage, Erwin remembers his conversation with Pyxis last night.


"My father... He was a teacher," began Erwin. "One day, we were learning history. To protect themselves from the Titans, humanity took refuge within the walls and realized 100 years of peace. In doing so, any records of our earlier past were lost of all of time. That's what we're all taught."

"However, I... having doubts of my own asked my father a question," he continued. "My father evaded answering the question and ended class as normal. But... After we got home, my father answered my question. He said the history books given by the government were full of contradictions and mysteries. My father continued to tell me more, and even as I child, I was astounded."

"There's a reason he didn't tell that story to the entire class, but I wasn't smart enough to know. I'd been telling the other kids my father's story, and one day, the Military Police came to question me. My father didn't come home that day... He died in some accident in a faraway town. Based on what I knew, my father was killed by the government. One hundred and seven years ago... Humanity that fled into these walls... The King had altered their memories to make them ease to rule."

"That was my father's theory," Erwin finished.

"Because if they hadn't done that, civilization within the walls could never succeed?" asked Pyxis.

"Yes," replied Erwin. "Ever since I was a child I've been thinking... Why did my father have to die for nothing more than getting the close to the truth? Even those in the government would believe what they're doing is just. However, I realized one thing about them... What they're trying to protect is not humanity but their gardens, houses, and lands. Rather, if anyone dares threatened their authority, they'll be extinguished, whoever they are. In the end, there was nothing to jusifty my father's death."

"My father was killed by human greed," he continued. "And by the foolishness of his own son. Before I knew it, my father's theory became truth inside my heart. Now, my mission in life... It's to prove my father's theory once and for all."


Stohess District

In the district, the Interior MPs were handing out fliers to the residents of Stohess.

"The Scout Regiment murdered a civilian!" shouted an MP. "Some of them have fled capture! They're still on the loose! If you spot any of these people report it immediately!"

"Told you, didn't I?" asked a civilian. "They're the ones who had that Titan battle here and destroyed everything!"

The civilians were too distracted on the battle between Eren's Titan and the Female Titan and the capture of the Scouts that they didn't see Jean secretly passing by the crowd. Jean then met up with Armin, Mikasa, and Rainbow Dash. The four walked into the woods, where the rest were camping.

"Captain, we bought the supplies," said Jean.

"The Military Police were handing out these," said Armin, handing Levi a flyer.

Levi took the flyer and look at the horrible portrait of him.

"If this is true, the Scouts will be disbanded," said Armin. "I heard they'll be hunting for us tonight. They're putting guards on all the vital roads, and it's impossible to get through without a pass."

"So let me get this straight, where ever we go, where ever we turn, it's a dead end in every corner?" asked Indigo Zap.

"Basically," said Armin.

"Levi, what are we going to do?" asked Petra.

"If we don't hurry, Eren..." said Mikasa.

"Calm down," said Levi. "They're using a wagon. It'll take at least a day to reach Reiss' territory. We'll have to use that time to come up with a plan."

"Captain, I hear footsteps," warned Sasha. "They're coming this way."

Further in the forest, two MPs marched through the woods with muskets in their hands, looking around their surroundings.