• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 395 Views, 8 Comments

Hi I'm Sunset - Morbidly depressed Brony



This is a "fan" perspective on events taking place after Equestria Girls I. Narrated by Sunset Shimmer herself.

  • ...
 8
 395

Separation Anxiety & Breakfast Scramble

I woke up frightened from the nightmare I just had. I don't quite remember what happened in it, but I decided to just lay down to slowly fall back to sleep. But then, out of the blue, a woman with pink hair and pink skin walked by. I took a wild guess in thinking that it was the Cadence from this world. I didn't say anything until she suddenly started folding the sofa bed with me in it. I could feel my life flashing before my eyes. I was sure I was dead but when I opened my eyes I noticed my head was sticking out of the couch. There had been a gap in the sofa and I thought to myself, "What the heck, how is this possible.", then I started calling for help, "Help! I'm stuck in here."

"Sunset Shimmer!" yelled Principal Celestia silently. I went back to the outside of the couch when Principal Celestia freed me, "What happened?", she asked, "Are you okay?".

"Your nutty niece folded me up in this thing.", I groaned gasping for breath

"Oh yeah," Said Principal Celestia, "Cadence has a Sleep walking disorder. So she'll do things like this all the time. You know this is a Sofa bed that was used in a TV Show."

"Which one," I asked her.

"Sam and Cat," She said, "There was a trick to the sofa for when the two girls were-",

"Folded up and stuffed behind the couch?", I asked finishing her sentence.

"Exactly," answered Principal Celestia. She then got into the bed with me, there were enough pillows for both of us and I just used two plus another one for my legs.

"Umm, what are you doing?", I asked uncomfortably

"Oh," said Principal Celestia getting up, "I thought I'd sit next to you in case you get scared, but if you're not comfortable with that, I couldn't possibly-",

"No, no, it's okay.", I stuttered, "Y-you can sit here I-if you like. I-I'm in my underwear because-", 'Twas a sentence I could not finish before I started crying... AGAIN!

"What's wrong, Sunset?", asked Principal Celestia, "Are you still upset about what happened...", she looked at the time on her phone, It reads 2:27 am, she put down her phone and continued, "Last night?"

I used the blanket to dry my tears. "No," I choked, lying under my evil breath, still crying uncontrollably.

"Honey, I know this moment is really hard for you," Principal Celestia said, "But I want you to know that I'll always be here for you when you feel sad, alone or frustrated."

"Why?", I asked her, "I just don't feel like I deserve your forgiveness. I controlled your school. I could've really hurt someone, I did too much damage, I ru-", Before I could finish crying, Principal Celestia put her finger over my lip.

"Sunset," she whispered "It's okay."

"And?", I asked, tears still falling and voice still cracked.

"No, that's pretty much it," She said, "Go to sleep okay, it's late."

"Please stay.", I begged as she got up.

"Okay," she said, "Maybe just for a few minutes."

"That's all I need.", I said as I laid back down. I was still crying. But the hand I felt on my back calmed me down a little bit. As well as the calming music from her phone. I fell asleep to it rather suddenly.






The next morning I woke up in a really weird mood. After the events of yesterday which included Sabotaging, stealing a crown, enslaving an army, shooting lasers and who knows what else? I really didn't know what to feel. Realizing I was still in my underwear I covered myself up and grabbed my single set of clothes. Then I got dressed and proceeded toward the kitchen. I planned to just make breakfast for myself AGAIN, when the smell of six different breakfasts caught my nose. I thought I'd faint from the Scents, then Principal Celestia walked in the door.

"Good morning Sunset," yawned Principal Celestia, "I've made you breakfast."

"W-what is all this?", I ask her.

"Well," said Principal Celestia walking over to the dishes scattered around the plate, "Over here I've made pancakes, here's some Oatmeal, These are Eggs, some waffles can be seen here, those are various muffins and right here we have my personal favorite, a fat stack of French Toast with a choice of honey, whipped cream or a rich Chocolate mousse."

"Wow," I sighed feeling more tears well up in my eyes, "Thank you so much Principal Celestia."

"You're very welcome Sunset," she whispered leaning over to hug me. I didn't shy away from it.

"But wait," I said with my voice slightly out of sync, "Why would you make me six different breakfasts?"

"Cause I didn't know what you like.", she responded.

"Then why don't you just ask me what I like?", I ask.

Principal Celestia slapped her forehead, then we sat down to eat. I went for the various muffins while Principal Celestia chose pancakes, when we finished I asked to be excused from the table and Principal Celestia reminded me that I did not need to ask her and I could just let her know when I'll leave.

"Thank you again Principal Celestia," I said, "I don't remember anyone doing something this nice for me in so long. And I honestly never thought anyone would do something like this ever again for what I did yesterday."

"Sunset," said Principal Celestia putting a hand behind my face, "I'm going to let you in on a really big secret. I was not ready to take care of my own child. But until I met the real you for the first time, I knew you really needed some help so I thought if I let you come live with me for a while I could see if you truly were sorry and it looks to me like you have changed. I am so proud of you."

"I know.", I said wiping the tears from my eyes. I wanted to say something else but I could think of nothing.

"Plus," she added, "Princess Twilight told me about how you were from that other world. So I was worried about where you were staying and I can't let you live alone, especially now."

"So your concern for me is just an order from the Princess.", I clarified.

Celestia looked a little fidgety trying to find a way to say the words.

"I knew it," I cried, "You aren't really concerned, you are just doing what the Princess said."

"Sunset, Wait," she called back.

Author's Note:

This Chapter ended on a Cliffhanger on purpose. And I'm borrowing some elements from Sam & Cat on this chapter so I thought I'd point that out.