• Published 7th Jul 2020
  • 386 Views, 5 Comments

Were We Meant To Be? - spoiledspoon



A certain Wonderbolt stallion arrives in Ponyville, but an accident happens and his life is changed forever.

  • ...
 5
 386

Chapter 2 - Surrender

“So you said that you had a perfect mare for me.” Soarin’ said.

“Yeah, you will LOVE love her, she’s amazing, plus, she’s my bestest and closest friend, we grew up together.” Rainbow said with a smirk.

“Oh, is this where she lives?” Soarin’ said and pointed to a small wooden cottage in the outskirts of Everfree forest.

“Yeah, you will love that house, it’s the coziest and homiest one in Ponyville.” Dash continued.

Soarin’ was about to say something when a small white bunny appeared and started giving them sign language.

“Angel? What are you doing here?” Rainbow said.

“Who’s Angel” Soarin’ asked.

“He’s Fluttershy’s pet, he’s much of a devil than an Angel.”

Angel hopped to drag their attention on him.
“What do you want?” Blue pegasus mare asked brashly.
Angel was pointing to the Everfree forest as he imitated injured Fluttershy. Rainbow finally understood what he was trying to say and quickly said.

“FLUTTERSHY?! IS IN THERE?! ALONE?! ATTACKED?!” Rainbow shouted.
White bunny nodded.

“Okay, a plan! Soarin, you search that side of the forest, i’ll search the west side.” Rainbow said as she pointed her hoof to the forest.

“But i don’t know what she looks like.”

“She’s a buttery yellow pegasus with soft pink mane and three pink butterflies for her cutie mark.”

Soarin’ nodded and took off to the forest searching for the mare.

‘Where is she, where is she!’ Soarin’ thought as he dashed through the east side of the forest. He stopped when he noticed a blur of yellow and pink in the far distance. He flied towards it only to find unconscious Fluttershy laying on the ground.

‘Wow she is really beautiful-what am i thinking! i don’t even know her!’
he got close to her and checked her pulse

‘Please be alive...Please be alive...’ he thought in worry but it soon drifted away as he found the weak pulse.

‘YES! SHE IS ALIVE!’
He was just about to get her on his back when he heard some growls from behind.
A few yellow glowing eyes moved towards him.

‘Timberwolves’ he realized. He stood protectively in front of Fluttershy. Soarin’
unfurled his wings to protect her.

“Well i know how to deal with Timberwolves” he muttered to himself confidently.

A few seconds later the attack started, Soarin’ did a good job of toaring them apart, but they would get together again, so in meantime he got unconscious Fluttershy on his back and flew out of the Everfree.

When he came back Rainbow was there waiting. Rainbow put on a huge smile when she saw Soarin’ coming with Fluttershy on his back.

“Ohmygosh you found her! but what happened to you?” She asked curiously.

“Oh nothing just a few timberwolves, let’s get her to the hospital.”
they flew as hard es they could. Rainbow Dash shouted as they entered the hospital.

“Quick! Somepony help her!”

An unicorn doctor appeared out of nowhere as he gently put Fluttershy on the medical cart for patients. He rushed towards the surgery room. Soarin followed him but he quickly stopped him.

“I’m sorry but you cannot see her yet. Only family members.” Doctor said as he put his glasses closer to his eyes.

“B-but i’m- i’m...” He found nothing to say.

“I’m her HUSBAND!” He of course lied.

“You are?” Doctor raised his eyebrow.

“Yes of course! We have a foal together!” Okay he had gotten a little too far with that.

“Oh, alright then, you can follow me.” He said turning around.

Rainbow Dash walked up to Soarin’ with a raised eyebrow.
“So you’re Fluttershy’s ‘husband’ huh?”

“Rainbow please don’t tell anypony!” He begged.

“Okay okay i promise i won’t tell anypony, I’ll go take care of your and Fluttershy’s ‘foal’ you have left alone in your ‘house’.”
Rainbow maned mare said with knowing look and gave stallion a wink.

Soarin’ smiled nervously, turned around and followed the doctor as nurse Redheart and other nurses followed too.

————
Fluttershy’s POV:
————
Fluttershy yelled in pain as one large timberwolf bite her shoulder, others followed it’s action too. She tried to fight back but failed miserably. She lost all hope, she tried talking to them, but the timberwolves were just TOO cruel.

Timberwolves left after some time, leaving yellow mare alone. Fluttershy got up with all her energy she had left in her body. Pegasus started walking, she didn’t even know where, but somewhere she could find help.

After some time of walking, she gave up... collapsed to the ground with no energy left, pain taking over her body. So this was the end, she was dying young in the deep and scary Everfree forest, alone, unexpectedly. She would never have fun with her friends, visit her family, get married and have foals. She would die horribly, defeated by cruel timberwolves.

She was drifting to unconsciousness when she saw a glimpse of light blue moving towards her, but it was too late, she closed her eyes and haven’t heard anything after.

————
————
“We’ll have to do surgery to get all the poison out, i’m sorry but you’ll have to wait outside, you can visit her as soon the surgery is done.” The Doctor said with a firm look.

“She will be alright, right?” Soarin’ said with worried tone, he didn’t even know why he was so worried, he didn’t even know the mare and he was already checking up on her. He just found something special about this mare, the thing he couldn’t place in words.

“She will, we just don’t know when she’ll wake up, the poison really harmed her body, and she wasn’t a strong pony either.”

“What’s the poison you’re talking about?” Soarin’ said.

“Oh, as you saw, the harms on Mrs. Fluttershy’s body were timberwolf bites, they are very poisonous, they weaken a very strong pony’s body too, since Fluttershy wasn’t strong beforehoof, she’ll need more time to heal.” said the Doctor.

“Oh, okay doc, thank you.” Soarin’ said, kind off feeling guilty.

Doctor walked away, leaving Soarin’ alone with a sad face.

“Why do i think this is my fault.” he muttered quietly and walked out of the hospital.