• Published 10th Jun 2020
  • 409 Views, 2 Comments

Garble Meets Maud Pie - Average Gamer Fox



Garble has been getting on dragon lord Ember's nerves lately, so she sends him to Ponyville.

  • ...
 2
 409

Garble Meets Maud Pie

In the dragon lands, Garble was driving Ember crazy. She was so annoyed with him that she sent him on a “diplomatic mission” to Ponyville. She actually was trying to get him out of her… Hair? Scales?

Near Ponyville, Maud happened to be studying the local geology, when she heard a grumbling dragon. She went to the voice and saw Garble.

“Come on!” he complained, “Not even to the pony village, and I have already met a pony!”

Maud was confused. Why had that dragon come to Ponyville when he did not want to meet ponies? He kept grumbling and said, “Why did dragon lord Ember even send me on a diplomatic mission with those annoying weakling ponies?”

Maud felt insulted. “I am not weak, I can crush boulders with my hooves,” she said in her monotone voice.

Garble laughed, “Yeah, right!” he taunted, “I bet you can’t even break a plank of wood!”

Maud walked up to a boulder and bucked it. It mostly crumbled, but a decent sized piece rolled into Ponyville. She heard a colt’s voice cry, “NOOOOOO! MY HIGH SCORES!” in the distance.

She wondered what a high score was, but Garble interrupted that line of thought.

“That ‘boulder’ was probably just those rocks assembled into that shape! You need to break a REAL boulder to impress me!”

This continued on for hours of Maud crushing boulders she chose until Garble got the idea of bringing her a boulder. After a lot of hard work, he managed to push it onto the hill Maud was on, but pushed it too far, and it rolled down the hill and straight into Ponyville. He panicked, because he knew that Ember would be furious that on a diplomatic mission he could have destroyed houses or even hurt ponies.

Maud noticed his distress and asked, “Why are you panicking?” In her monotone voice, it sounded more like a statement.

He wailed. “The dragon lord sent me on a diplomatic mission to Ponyville, and I probably just hurt some ponies. I normally would not care, but I failed, and she will banish me from the dragon lands! Forever!”

She responded, “Normally something worse than this happens every Saturday in Ponyville, at least according to my sister, Pinkie Pie.”

A pink head with a darker pink poofy mane came out of a nearby hole that was far too small for a pony to fit in. She spoke so quickly that Garble couldn’t understand. “Hi Maud, my Pinkie Sense told me that you had said my name. Do you need anything, like a PARTY?”

But Maud understood, and responded with a no.

Pinkie’s head quickly retreated into the hole.

Garble sputtered and examined the hole.

Maud placed a reassuring hoof on his shoulder, telling him, “If you live with her for long enough, you will get used to this sort of thing.”

Garble started back for the dragon lands so that Pinkie Pie—or any other ponies—would not terrify him any more, after muttering about something to the effect of “She couldn’t have fit in there” and “I will never understand ponies.”

Seeing Garble returning to the dragon lands, Ember groaned, but Garble just walked right past her, continuing silently to his home, not bothering her at all. He just sat, muttering about pink terror.

Maud watched Garble fly away before turning to continue working on her rocks, thinking about how she should go to the dragon lands to study the geology, so she could see what sorts of interesting igneous rocks formed there.