• Published 31st May 2020
  • 681 Views, 5 Comments

Dashing Sideswipe - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Sideswipe faces a deadly Decepticon who threatens the lives of his friends.

  • ...
1
 5
 681

Chapter 2: Trouble in the Air

IN THE EVERFREE FOREST

“That’s three energon crystals so far,” said Sideswipe. “I hope there are plenty more of those somewhere in this forest.”

The Autobot warrior was searching for whatever form of energon in the Everfree Forest. Seeing that the ponies and creatures of this world always have their breakfast in the morning, he too needed to consume at least one thing that all Cybertronians need to have to remain strong and functional: energon. Feeling slightly weak, he had to move fast.

After a few minutes of searching carefully, he spotted four more energon crystals imbedded on a random tree trunk. He plucked them out and kept them in his grasp. After he finished searching for energon after looking all over the forest and retrieving only seven energon shards, he grind them to powder form and consumed them.

“Ahhh, that’s the good stuff,” groaned Sideswipe, satisfied with his morning meal. “Okay, I might as well just return back to Ponyville and check on my other friends.”

However, just as he was about to leave the forest, a strange bird flew over him and encircled him while innocently tweeting at him. The Autobot looked at it confused until he smiled warmly and opened his grasp to allow the bird to land on it. “Hey there, little fella. You doing all right? Quite a lovely morning, isn’t it?” Sideswipe softly spoke.

“Oh yes, it is, Autobot,” said the bird. “It is indeed.” Then its eyes turned to red shining optics and opened its beak to shoot at the bewildered Autobot. Sideswipe threw the bird away from him and covered his face. The bird flapped its wings and began to shape-shift into a different form. It transformed into a large metal bat with pointy ears, sharp teeth, and loaded mini guns. His Decepticon insignia was imprinted on his bat wings.

“Ratbat!” Sideswipe shouted as he recognized the Decepticon. “What are you doing here?! How did you get here in this planet?!” He sprouted his blades and got in battle mode.

“Oh, it was too easy, Sideswipe. I simply followed one of the portals that Lord Sentinel created when he transported all Decepticons around the earth.” Ratbat explained. “That led me from earth to this... Equestria those fleshlings speak of. I’ve been dwelling here in this forest for at least a year just binding my time and forming some plans with which I can conquer this beautiful land. Seeing you here is just a bonus for what I have planned for today.”

“Your battle is with me, Ratbat! Leave the ponies out of this!” Sideswipe angrily yelled.

“Oh really, Autobot warrior? Hahahahaha!!! I believe this war involves much more individuals than that, my friend.” Ratbat evilly laughed. “You see, Soundwave taught me that no matter what planet it is, those worlds that harbor our enemies deserve to be punished.”

“That right there is all sorts of wrong! You can’t just eliminate creatures just because they are friends with those whom you oppose! This is between you and me!” Sideswipe argued.

“Weaknesses, weaknesses... something that you even fail to grasp, Sideswipe. But don’t worry. I won’t technically destroy your friends; my plan for your pathetic buddies is somewhat... unorthodox.” Ratbat grinned.

“What do you mean by that?” Sideswipe demanded.

“Let’s just say that I know a pony who will finish the job... through an area which, considering your history, you may be familiar with.” Ratbat wickedly chuckled. With that, the Decepticon flew away before the Autobot could fight him.

“This is not good. I have to warn Rainbow Dash and the others! They will be in danger!” Sideswipe said to himself. He transformed to his Corvette Stingray car mode and drove off.

IN THE CLUBHOUSE

“TWENTY BAJILLION?!” Rainbow Dash yelled in shock.

“Are you just going to repeat everything I say?” Scootaloo asked, annoyed.

“It just feels like my brain is strapped to one of those rockets about to explode.” Rainbow groaned.

“So you do get it!” Scootaloo smiled. “Aren’t they awesome?!” She gazed dreamily at the Washouts poster she held on her hooves.

“Are you sure you want to attend the Washouts stunt show? I mean, don’t you think their stunts might be a little too much for your age?” Rainbow asked.

“Pffff, of course I want to! Besides, I’m old enough to even perform any stunt I like to! What are you even talking about? You haven’t even seen them yet!” Scootaloo said. Then she got an idea.

“Wait, how about you come with me? You will see for yourself just how insanely awesome they are!” Scootaloo brightly smiled.

Rainbow looked really worried for a moment as she looked up at the ceiling. “I wish Sideswipe was here to help me on this.” she thought.