• Published 9th May 2020
  • 1,545 Views, 46 Comments

Cassandra's Tangled Adventure - Acceptable_trash



Rapunzel didn't save Corona, Cassandra did. Cassandra grabbed the stone and sacrifice herself to save her friends. But magic is a fickle thing and sometimes has other plans. Now the fate of a world is in her hands and she doesn't know what to do.

  • ...
0
 46
 1,545

Discovery

Canterlot Castle - Royal Night Cort
4 hours later

Luna frowned internally at the noble standing in front of her. He wanted power, physical power to be exact, she could see it clear as day. Haha, day

"Well?! I'm tired of constantly looking over my shoulder in case some imposter servant turns to stab me in the back! I have things to do, duties to fulfill. Surely you understand my Princess." The grey unicorn stallion said, his high head tilting down slightly as some form of a bow.

How annoying.

Princess Luna sighed secretly through her nose again, already feeling her patience for the night beginning to wear thin. It was barely past midnight.

Luna glanced outside.

Oh dear Faust, it was barely past MIDNIGHT.

Luna smiled serenely just as Celestia taught her, masking her urge to speed up the moon and go to dinner. Already she could hear the cake in the kitchens calling her name, begging to be eaten.

But here she was, listening to the complaints of this fat stallion. "I understand your concerns Brass Glass, but I can assure you that there is no need for you to have a squad of guards posted at your household."

"Well of course not Princess, I want a squad of guards to protect ME not my home."

Luna continued to smile. "My words remain, there is no need to worry. Thanks to Shining Armor's adapted spell there is no possible way for a changeling to enter Canterlot undetected and attack you in your household."

The stallion scoffed, making the stupid brown curl in his mane bounce annoyingly. "Famous last words I'm afraid Princess. I take no chances."

"And thanks to this spell, you won't." Luna reprimanded softly but not without a slight undertone. "Do you doubt my ponies capabilities Brass Glass? Do you doubt our Captain of the Guard, husband to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza?"

Brass's eyes widen comically as he almost choked. "Of course not Princess I just-"

"Very good then." Luna interrupted, still smiling. Her sister was right, smiling can be a show of power. "I believe that is the end of this case, thank you, Brass."

The grey stallion nearly fell over his hooves. "Yes, enjoy your day- err, night Princess." He said quickly, bowing much deeper than earlier and rushing out the door before a guard could escort him.

Luna chuckled inwardly. Oh, the irony.

Luna watched as another pony stepped forward, and by the looks of it, she was another Nobel.

How wonderful.

The red mare bowed deeply, already Luna could see that this one was a brown noser.

"Greetings Prince-"

"PRINCESS LUNA!"

Luna turned to the guard that had burst through the doors, glancing at the envelope held in his magical grasp.

The red mare turned to the guard, face filled with fury. "Would it KILL YOU TO WAIT YOU SERVANT!? I HAVE THE FLOOR YOU KNOW!"

The sprinting guard faltered, nearly tripping over his hooves. Clearly, he was a rookie. "Uh, I apologize but this is-"

"Oh, you apologize HUH!" She shouted back, stepping forward.

Luna stood from her throne. "You are correct, he has apologized and I suggest you accept his apology."

The mare paused, turning to Luna with a look of fear as if she had forgotten she was there."Princess wha-"

"Enough!" Luna shouted, making the mare flinch. Perhaps if she had responded with a different set of words she would have allowed her to speak. Alas, her patience was already down to its last threads, close to snapping entirely. "I wish not to hear of your excuses young one, leave us at once, night court has been closed until further notice."

A loud groan echoed through the room, coming from the very upset ponies waiting in line outside the doors.

The mare looked between the princess and the guard before quickly trotting away, her green tail tucked noticeably closer to her flank.

Luna waited until the room was clear before addressing the guard, her face devoid of the joy in her heart for the interruption. "Now what was so important that you had to disturb my court and not wait for my dinner break?"

The guard began to sweat under the armor. "A pegasus from White Tail village came in carrying this letter, he said that it was urgent and that it should be for the Princess's eyes only."

Luna looked at him neutrally, still giving no sign to her relief at being free from court. "And this could not wait because?"

The guard began to perspire even more. "He came in all shakey and dripping with sweat! It was as if he was flying all night to get this message to you."

Luna narrowed her eyes and grasped the letter in her magic, her cheerful mood disappearing instantly as she scanned the envelope.

It was a request for aid in investigating certain events that were not disclosed on the outside of the envelope, making her raise a brow at the secrecy.

She then tore open the envelope and began reading, her eyes becoming more narrow by the second.

"Get my sister, inform her that I have requested her presence in the royal sister library."

"Royal sister library?" The guard questioned, unaware that there was such a thing in the castle.

Luna muttered under her breath before properly responding. "Yes, she will know where to go. I will be waiting."

Luna then disappeared in a burst of magic, leaving the guard behind with orders to wake her sister.

The guard looked outside and saw that it was hardly past midnight.

Oh, Celestia have mercy on his poor delicate soul.

Canterlot Castle - Celestia's private study
5 minutes later

Celestia appeared in the room with a flash, looking regal as always despite the fact that she just woke up less than 3 minutes ago.

"Luna?" She called out, stepping out from behind a bookshelf. "Where are you..."

Celestia stared at the piles of books strewn across the tables, many were left open or laying face down around the room.

In the center of it all was Luna, reading three books at once.

If Twilight ever saw one of her Princesses do this, she'd be proud and have an aneurysm at the same time.

"Luna, what is the meaning of this?" Celestia asked carefully, stepping over the books and approaching her sister.

Luna turned sharply to face her sister, lifting a letter in her magical grasp. "This is the reason sister. Quickly, read."

Celestia took the letter and began looking through it, her eyes widening with every sentence.

She read it through again before looking up at her sister. "Impossible, we destroyed any remaining books and tomes of black magic millennia ago. The only ones left in existence are in the forbidden library and only a few ponies are even aware of its existence."

Luna shook her head. "That's exactly it, this creature, should it prove to be real, must have existed for millennial in order to understand ANY sort of black magic."

Celestia glanced up at her sister. "But crystal magic is an art that only a few ponies could practice, let alone study. The last living pony who could perform crystal magic was recently defeated by Twilight and her friends."

Luna sighed. "It is very troubling sister, to know that there is a possibility that such another monster may exist, in our own lands no less! But all it takes it that one chance and based on that description, I fear that it may very well be real."

Celestia set aside the letter and began picking up books, searching their pages for any creature like the one described. "Then I shall assist you sister, once this being is properly identified we can begin our move against it."

"For now however, -" A blank scroll appeared in a burst of magic. "I will send reinforcements to support this village in what is no doubt a troubling time." She finished, writing in her scroll and sending it to her Captain of the Guard.

Luna hummed in agreement. "And shall you alert Twilight to this situation?"

Celestia set a book aside. "No, there are too many variables in this situation, I will not test my student on something she will have a slim chance at succeeding."

Luna raised a brow at her words, thinking back to all the dangerous situations she had put Twilight and her friends through.

If she could trust Twilight to take care of that tyrant Sombra and trickster Discord, and yet not believe that she could also overcome this...

"Sister, can this situation be so grave that you cannot depend on your star pupil?" She questioned.

Celestia sighed. "You forget Luna, I once had another star pupil who couldn't handle her challenges, so I lost her to her own bitterness for my decisions."

"Besides this is our nation, we are its protectors."

Luna stared at her sister for a moment, contemplating her words and trying to figure out if she was hiding something from her.

For a few moments she stared before returning her eyes to her books. She had time to dig for any secrets later. For now, she had ponies to protect.

Las Pegasus - the outskirts
11 hours later

Cassandra eyed the floating city above her, it would seem that the map was not joking when it pictured it above the clouds.

She sighed to herself tiredly. She had already seen many things that she believed were nothing but myths, she shouldn't be so surprised now, not after she already decided to just go along with it.

After a moment of considering how the hell she was going to get up there, Owl returned to her shoulder and pointed to her left.

There, about a mile or three away, was the outline of a building with what looked to be a large blimp to the side, another could be seen returning to the ground.

Cassandra looked at her owl. "You got to be kidding me, a blimp? Filled with ponies that could trip my disguise?"

Owl gave her a blank look and gestured to the blimp building again.

Cassandra looked at the blimp, and then back at the floating city, and then back to the blimp. "I'm so going to regret this."

Owl merely hooted in response, amused by her struggle.

Author's Note:

Surprised with how calm Celestia was? Don't be, she's panicking internally along with her sister. It's all in the poker face, and with a thousand years of practice, you can get really good at it.

Suggestions? Corrections? Questions? Type away please!