• Published 23rd Apr 2020
  • 248 Views, 1 Comments

Sunsets Wild Ride - glory_dawn



Sunset is beside herself in self pity, loathing and an unyielding need for revenge against her former teacher Celestia.

  • ...
 1
 248

Ch.3 New friends

The moment was tense as the seconds passed by and it felt like eons. The man still had his hand on Sunsets shoulder and wasn’t letting up. Sunset didn’t know whether to try and run, shout or fight, it was all just too much for her at the moment. She looked to the lady and then the man who was considerably taller than her in his black pants and black button shirt.
“Ahaha! My niece is soo funny! Seems you’ve fallen for one of her quirky little pranks there Lisa!” the man said as he scooped up the coins and put them in Sunsets satchel.

Sunset just looked at him with suspicion and wondering what he was getting at.
“She just got into town and I told my sister she could stay with me sooooo, I thought maybe I could get her the room next to mine since mine is a bit cramped at the moment” the man said as he held firm on her shoulder.

The lady looking ever unamused just shrugged and didn’t put up much of a fight and charged the man for a week on a room next to his. Sunset had wide eyes and was sort of rigid as the man led her away and out the door.

“I....I am....”

“Shhh, hold on till we get to the room” the man said over her as he led her down a grimy hallway past several doors with numbers on them until they reached nuber 26.

The feeling Sunset was undergoing was shear dread, this strange man had paid for a room for her and led her to a room. Everything in Sunset told her to run away and shout for help even if she didn’t know her way around her and was literally new in town. The man let go of Sunset and fumbled in his pocket for his keys. Sunset saw her chance but before she could turn and run the man was opening the door.

Sunset closed her eyes not wanting to be present for what was going to happen next.

“Rain Leaf Storm get up we have a guest!! And get your shoes off of the bed, how many times do I have to tell you!!!” the man shouted suddenly.

“Awww dad c'mon not the full name OOF!!” a young girl wearing a dark blue shirt said as she fell off the bed from hanging upside down on it.

Sunset saw this just as she opened her eyes and couldn’t help but chuckle a bit. The man was now standing inside the small room waiting for Sunset to enter as he stood with his arm waving towards inside. Sunset was wary and didn’t know quite if to enter or not.

“Don’t worry it's just me and my daughter in here” the man assured her with a big smile.
Sunset walked in and looked around the room to find it had two small beds a counter top with a bunch of items and some cooking utensils. In the far end was a sink and what looked like a bathroom quarter. There was only one window which was blocked by a blanket of some sort.

“Hey who’s this? Is she asking for money or something? Dad I told you to stop giving away cash to homeless people!!” the girl said to her father as she was straightening out her shirt and hair.

The girl was of similar height of Sunset yet she had dark brown hair and had tan skin with green eyes. Sunset must have looked angry because soon the man was trying to explain himself all at once.

“Ok look she’s not homeless or at least I don’t know if she is. I just had to help this kid out because she was about to pay for a room with gold and silver, I swear!” the man said to his daughter who wasn’t looking to appeased.

“And you, what were you doing trying to buy a room with such heavy gold and silver coins!? Where are you from cuz you're not from here that’s for sure! Let me tell you, you can’t be going around these areas flaunting that kinda materials ok. I don’t mean you any harm I just thought I’d help before Lisa there at the front took advantage of you.” the man told Sunset as she looked on with arched eyebrows.

The man sat down on the bed near him and grabbed his face as if in frustration and breathed in and out.
“Than... thank you, I appreciate the help but what are you going to want in return?” Sunset told the man still intent on not trusting these people.

“Look, I don’t want anything. I got you the room next to ours there but its only for a week and then what are you going to do? Are you in school? Are you a runaway because I would advise you go back home ok.” the man told Sunset with a little more concern in his voice.

There was a silence for a bit as Sunset decided on how to respond.

“I can’t go back home....” she said with her head down letting the wait of what she just said sink in.
The thought that she couldn’t go back home was now really settling in her mind since she had no time to think about it much since she got here.

“One of those huh. Well look just stay in the room next door and I'll be over to give you some food right now in a bit I just
gotta go pick some up. And about that gold and whatever else you got in your purses there, well you better keep that under wraps for the time being ok. Oh, and by the way this is Rain and you can call me Mr. Storm.” the man said getting up from the bed and waving from his daughter and then to himself.

“I’m Sunset.......Sunset Shimmer”.

“Well Miss Shimmer, I’ll be right back. Make yourself comfortable, shower or something” Mr. Storm said as he got his keys
off the little table.

Mr. Storm put on a coat and was out the door where Sunset heard a great rumbling sound come from behind the doorway. Sunset was now in the room alone with the girl known as Rain and the silence was getting unbearable. She looked down and then back to Rain until she broke the silence.

“Ooookay.....soooo did you need something orrr....” Rain said as she dragged her words a bit for effect.
“Um no okay hold on next door right?” Sunset said all at once in an awkward way while she walked backwards towards the door.

She went outside and went to the left and opened the door to find an old man lying in his bed with something covering his mouth as it sounded that he struggled to breath. Sunset let out a little scream as she closed the door right away and went to the next door on the other side. The door was unlocked as she turned the knob and looked inside. It was dark and she slowly made her way into the room with her arms out ready to take out anything that wanted to harm her. Suddenly the light clicked on.

“Oh, my dad called and said to give you this since you don’t have any cloths with you.........what are you doing?” Rain said as she was now inside the room with Sunset hunched over ready for a fight.
“Nothing! Nothing I just was making myself comfortable....” Sunset said lying to the girl's face.
It seemed that the Rain had brought over some new pair of cloths and had set them down on the bed where a key on a ring lay.

“You ok there? You got that thousand-yard stare there.....” Rain said as she called out to Sunset
Sunset snapped out of her hypnotized gaze and looked up at Rain and gave her a smile.

“Um ya thank you, I got it from here” Sunset said as she smiled and tried to look like she belonged as she awkwardly crossed her arms.

“Weird” Rain said to herself as she turned around and left closing the door after some more silence.
Sunset waited until she heard the door to the other room close and then sat down on the bad and threw herself back. She was tired beyond reason but she still couldn’t rest as she still had a few things to figure out before she could even consider turning in for the night. She got her satchels and dumped the items from them on the bed so she could look at them really quick.

She saw the four fat books and ran her hand over their hard leather covers and wondered where she should hide the books since Mr. Storm said this wasn’t a good area and all. Sunset looked around all over the room but there wasn’t much to it. There was a bed, a counter with a black box on it, another small black box on the side of the counter and then a small restroom area at the end. The walls were all made of old cinderblock and where painted white that looked like it was chipping off in areas. Sunset moved the bed up and under the wooden box frame underneath she found an area to hide away her things. She carefully put the books and some of the silver trinkets in their new hiding space while she kept a few silver and gold coins with her since she was guessing she was still in need on some type of currency to move around. She just needed to figure out how to convert the gold and silver into this world's currency.

Sunset spent the next few minutes studying the room she was in, and soon noticed that the small box next to the counter was a fridge. The black box on top of the counter was actually what puzzled Sunset the most since she was touching it, she managed to turn it on by pressing a button on the front. The box came to life and displayed other people through it doing various things. There was a blond tan man with an obscene amount of muscles screaming at Sunset at a high volume as he moved about in what seemed to be exercise.

“ARE YOU A FAT SACK!! YA YOU!! LOOK AT YOU JUST SITTING THERE, IT DISGUSTS ME!! WANT MUSCLES LIKE THESE?!? THEN GET MAD MATTY’S INSANE JERK OUT WORKOUT NOOOOOWWW!!”.

Sunset was startled to all hell with the sudden loud noise with the man screaming at her at full volume she tried to get it to go back to its original quiet state. She struggled with the box making the sound even louder before finally getting it to shut off. She was thankful and hoped that the girl next door didn’t hear any of that. Sunset tried to then see if she could connect to her magic somehow, so she got on the bed and tried to slip into a state of meditation as she was taught to do. In her mind she could feel a rush of emotion that she tried to quell but was harder this time around. Soon there was quiet and stillness filled in a spacious void of her making. The light was hard to latch on to as she struggled with the inner magical foundation that lay inside. She tried to feel it course through her and tried to manipulate that into manifesting but in the end, nothing happened and she opened her eyes wide quickly as she let out her breath.

She had been holding her breath without knowing and was trying to catch her breath. Just then she was staring at a mirror that was at the far end of the wall ahead of her next to the black talking box. She could see herself, really see herself for the first time since she had gotten to this place. She could see she was a young person with a thin frame and light tan skin. Her hair had remained the same although she did take a moment to see the dirty pink shirt that said “SWAG HOUND” and cringed at how unkept it was with mud.

“Still don’t know what a swag hound is..... but I need to get out of these cloths” she said to herself.

She was about to get up and change into the cloths Rain had brought for her when suddenly a loud honking could be heard from the outside. A loud clang and footsteps until Sunset heard the door next door close shut. She stood in silence trying to hear so she went up to the wall and pressed her small ears to the wall. She could only hear muffled voices when suddenly there was a knock at her door. This startled Sunset and she almost lost her balance for a moment as she went to the door to open it up.

When she opened the door up a crack she saw that it was Mr. Storm standing there with his dark hair and clothing.

“Hey there, I brought some fried chicken if you're interested. It's from this local place around the corner so I can vouch that it’s the best in town!” Mr. Storm said as he held up a bag for Sunset to take.

Sunset opened the door more and accepted the bag with an awkward grasp and stared at it as she let the aroma from the bag go up her nose. It smelled good leaving Sunset standing there with her stomach rumbling showing her how hungry she really was.
Mr. Storm was about to go back to his room when he stopped at the doorway looking back at Sunset just standing there with her bag.

“Umm, you can come eat with us if you want the man said as he gestured for her to come on over.
Sunset followed the man into his room and stood inside as he closed the door behind her. The girl Rain could be seen sitting on her bed digging into the bag with what looked like a biscuit in her mouth.

“Rain c'mon wait till we’re all here!! Jeez!!” the man shouted as he saw her eating already.

“Sorry pops I thought we were good to go, didn’t know we were gonna have dinner guests sheesh” Rain said as she rolled her eyes through a mouthful of biscuit.

“Here grab a seat with me or over there with Rain if you want, but let's dig in!” the man said as he opened his bag of food.
Sunset went over and sat across from Rain and opened her bag as Rain blew hair out of her face and stared at Sunset for a bit before returning to the chicken at hand. The room was silent with the sounds of the three eating away and the sounds of slurping from their beverages.

“Here Sunny you can have one of these sodas from the fridge, I forgot to get you one when I went” Mr. Storm said as he went over and grabbed a can from the fridge and passed it to Sunset.

Sunset looked at it and read that it said " SODA HORSE”. She opened it up and took a drink if the purple can. Her eyes went wide as she tasted something fizzy and sugary beyond comprehension. Sunset gulped down the rest of the soda as she looked around the room. There was clothing in a large pile in the corner behind them along with several items of foreign nature on the counter top. There were also some satchels laying near the door and near Mr. Storms bedside along with a little table with a small lamp on it. She must have been staring hard because Mr. Storm chimed as Sunset finished her beverage.

“I know it’s a bit messy, but you caught us while we were moving stuff around so excuse the mess”.
“Oh, it’s not that I was just blankly staring while I downed this delicious drink you gave me!” Sunset said lying trying not to be rude.

The three of them finished their meals in silence as Rain kept shooting looks at Sunset and Mr. Storm just looked at the both of them from time to time as he finished his drink.

“So, where you from?” Rain blurted out as she sat crossed legged on the bed.

“Rain! That’s rude! She doesn’t have to say if she doesn’t want to” Mr. Storm shot at his daughter a bit shocked.


“What it’s a valid question!”.

“She doesn't need to say. Look just ignore my child over there and just have another soda” the man said

Sunset was looking standing up looking at a few sharp items that looked like syringes on the counter top where also a pot with foul smelling liquid seemed to sit. This was going down as the father and daughter bickered about manners.

“HEY hey hey, let's come over here why don’t we” the man said as threw a blanket over the counter top and guided Sunset away from it handing her another soda.

“Look that’s some sensitive stuff there, no need to get into all that right now. So, Miss Sunset if you don’t wanna say where you're from that’s fine but I gotta ask about the gold and silver coins. From what I saw concerning what you had, they looked heavy and could possibly go for a lot if they arnt something special. So what I'm trying to say is, where did you get them and why did you try to pay with them?” the man said with concern in his face as he looked at Sunset straight in her eyes.

“Well the coins come from..... well they were given to me before I left. As for trying to pay with them, I had nothing else to barter with for a room so I thought it was sufficient. Although I thought the price was a bit too high.” Sunset finished saying

“I see, well that doesn’t tell me anything. You know what its fine, just want to tell you that you shouldn’t try and pawn those since they’ll just rip you off. If you need help getting rid of those I can be of some help since I know a few people.” the man was telling her.

Rain just rolled her eyes and had her arms crossed as she sat on her bed with an unamused expression.

“Ok....thanks for that but I think I’ll hang onto them for a bit.” Sunset said as she walked towards the door and opening it.

“Ok well if you change your mind let us know. All you have to do is knock on our door, we’ll be here.” said the man as Sunset made her way out the door.

Sunset went over to her room full and feeling a bit awkward about the whole thing. It didn’t seem like the Rain girl liked her at all and the Father seemed too nice. It was all so weird and Sunset just wanted to figure things out and maybe get some sleep if she could manage it. She lay on the bed and thought about Equestria and the food she would be eating right now in her little shack of a home. Her mind went to her magic again as she lamented on the thought of losing it. All the thoughts swirled in her mind until she finally lost track and fell asleep not knowing that the two next door were still discussing her.

Author's Note:

I wrote this so quick because of the whole quarantine deals. I don't know if thats good or bad.