• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 2,118 Views, 62 Comments

The Slender Horse - CRYST4LCLEAR



A string of dissapearences have been occurring all over Equestria. Who's responsible?

  • ...
4
 62
 2,118

Subject: Twilight Sparkle Location: Library Time: Various

Lab Progress Report #2: Next is Subject 165. She and one of her friends heard a scream. The scream belonged to Cpl. Soaring, a member of the Wonder Bolts. After heading towards the origin of the scream, Subject 165 discovered a strange symbol. However, she claims that she did not see the corporal's body, or any sign of struggle. It is almost as though the corporal let the Slender Horse take him away. In any case, Subject 165 flew to Canterlot to warn Celestia about this mysterious event.

We just got back from the forest and gathered up on wood to plank the doors and windows shut. Don't want to take any chances, right?

"Spike! Did you get the windows upstairs?"

"Yep! They're all set!"

"Great! Check!"

"Man, my claws are killing me. I don't think I can hammer in one more nail."

"Did we get the hiking supplies?"

"Almost. I just need to get the boots. When's our escape day?"

"About a week from now."

"Why do we need to wait? Why don't we just leave tomorrow morning?"

"Well, for one, you don't want all that hard work on the planks going to waste do you? Second off, we need the Slender Horse to think that this place is abandoned. If all goes to plan. He'll search the other houses, eventually going away from our house, until we have enough time to get our friends and leave. So that means no going outside during the nighttime."

"Ok."

That night, it was so hard to go to sleep, considering the fact that there is a monster on the loose. But then, I heard a extremely loud shriek. And this time, I knew it wasn't Rarity. But I have no idea where it came from or what it was. I tried to ignore it, but it was pretty difficult. I turned on the TV to see if there was anything about the shriek. Nothing. Which was surprising since there are patrols everywhere. Especially the Air Force. Only the most vigilant pegasai can join. So for the rest of the night, the shriek kept going on at random times and I kept pacing in circles trying to find books about the Slender Horse and other objects of interest. I was pacing so much, I made another trench on the library. I needed some sleep, we needed to collect all of our friends and escape from Equestria by nightfall. And Equestria isn't exactly small. I needed to call my friends and check on how they were doing. First, I called Applejack.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

"Howdy?"

"Applejack, this is Twilight."

"Twilight! Are you alright? I can't believe what's goin' on 'round here!"

"Neither can I. But listen. Me and Spike are going to pick you up at 11:00 AM. So be ready to leave Equestria around that time."

"Alrighty then. Ah'll be waitin'."

"Wait, where the rest of your family?"

"They went on ahead. They'll be waitin' at the airport fer us.

After that, I called the rest of my friends. Who were all doing alright. Except Fluttershy. She was shaking so much that she dropped the phone twice. I still kept hearing that shrieking noise. Was I losing my mind? Or is it just some animal that is trapped? But, it kept me up all night.

A week later...

It was morning, this was our chance. We gathered everything we needed for the journey and headed over to the Ponyville Town Square, where we all were meeting. It was so different with everypony either hiding or already leaving Equestria. But there was no time to think about that now. I saw Rarity first. Not surprisingly, she didn't dress in camo like I told her to. She was wearing a hat with splotch patterns in light-green colors. And a jacket with the same patterns. Then afterwards, the rest of the gang came. We grabbed a cart as fast as we could and headed towards the Equestrian border. Since that shrieking kept me up all night, I fell asleep in the cart while watching the map. The next thing I knew, I was in total darkness.

I couldn't move. I knew I wasn't awake, but it felt so real. It was so cold and depressing. I couldn't even blink. But then, out of nowhere, came a flaming wall. The fire was extremely bright. It drowned the area in light. I didn't recognize it at all. It looked like a forest. But it wasn't the Everfree Forest. It was nothing more than trees and a dirt path. Off in the distance, I saw a strange contraption in front of some sort of tin shed. The contraption had some round rubber on the bottom. On the back of the contraption was a note. It said "Always watching." and had a drawing of a figure with long limbs, no face, and tentacles on it's back. But it wasn't a pony. It was some other creature. In the background was a symbol. It was a "X" with a circle around it. As I backed up, I felt something hit my chest. It was a camera, but it was on a strap instead. I couldn't grab it. So I used my horn to pick it up. It was already recording. I stopped it and looked at the video library and played the video that was recorded on the day this incident occurred. It was a video with my voice. It sounded as though I was talking to a audience, commentating on something. But like I said before, I've never been here before. But as I viewed the video, I started hearing static. It was coming from the camera. I felt nauseous and dizzy. I turned around and saw the Slender Horse behind me! It went black again. And that symbol appeared again, but this time it was made from fire. Then, all I could see was static. I saw him again. He was right in front of me. A mouth morphed from his face and let out a extremely sickening shriek. I woke up in sweating and screaming. Everypony suddenly stopped and looked at me. My head was pounding.

"Twilight, are you ok?"

"Yeah. Just a b-bad dream. Where are we?"

"Fillydelphia."

"We only went that far?!"

"Well, if it weren't for Rarity's constant yappin' 'bout th' cart, and Fluttershy hidin' behind a rock every time a bush rustles, ah say it's was a pretty good reason why."

"It's almost sundown! We have to find some shelter, now!"

"Come on, ya'll! Double time!"

We started running as fast as we could go, searching for somewhere to hide. Right before nightfall came, we found a slightly destroyed house. But it had enough cover to be able to hide. Night has fallen and nothing happened which what was making us even more scared and nervous. We heard a noise outside, which really freaked us all out. Applejack grabbed her rope and stood by the destroyed wall. But then I saw some black tentacles going around her. I stared in horror as the tentacles grabbed her and pulled her outside.