• Published 21st Feb 2020
  • 318 Views, 10 Comments

Friendship, Always and Forever - Somber Concerto



Twilight is hurt. She's in the hospital, and nopony knows when or if she will wake up. But they must stay strong, for Twilight!

  • ...
 10
 318

Chapter 4: We can see her

A stampede of hoofs bang on the dirt roads mixed with the heavy panting of 5 ponies and one baby dragon. “ I can’t believe they made us wait almost two whole weeks to see Twilight!” Shouted Rainbow Dash.

“ Remind me again, why we're running!” Painted Spike. "Because Spike,” Replied Applejack, who seemed to have no trouble keeping up. “The more time we spend walking, the less time we get to spend with Twi.”

They arrived at the hospital in a cloud of dust, barely stopping in time, for after what seemed like a thousand moons, they could finally see Twilight again. They burst through the door, causing a big scene. “Where's Twilight!?” Shouted Rarity, resulting everypony in the room to look at her. She was quite a sight, carrying a pot of flowers that had wilted from the running, with her tangled mane, and dripping with sweat.

“ Ehem, what I meant to say was, where looking for a patent named Twilight Sparkle, whe’re her friends, and we would like to see her.”

“Right this way.” Replied the nurse pony with a warm reassuring smile. She had worked as a nurse for many years, and understood how stressful having a close friend, or family member in the hospital, so she decided to ignore the white and purple pony's outburst.

“Twilight? Are you okay? We missed you so, so much!” Exclaimed Pinkie Pie, so fast she could barely keep up with herself!

“Bughlapholphndi?” Twilight attempted to speak.

“Huh?” Remarked a very confused Pinkie.

“The fall may have given her permanent brain damage, we won’t know until a bit later. But her horn-eye coordination doesn't seem too badly affected. We recently discovered that she can communicate with her horn, and alphabet cards. She can't seem to manage a quill yet, though. Here, I’ll go and get them.” The nurse pony replied to the question that didn't need to be asked.

“Here we go, Twilight’s communication cards; three of each letter and numbers 0-9.” She put the cards on the tray table next to Twilights bed.

In response, Twilight clumsily levitated the cards, and slowly formed the words THANK YOU with the cards.

“Your welcome princess!” Replied the now energetic nurse pony.

Slowly the cards shifted, and formed a new sentence: JUST TWILIGHT PLEASE.

“Of course Twilight, i’ll be back at 11 for your lunch request, just hit the button if you need anything!”

The cards shifted again: OKAY BYE.

“Oh my darling Twilight, are you okay? Does it still hurt?” asked Rarity worriedly.

IM ALRIGHT. YES.

“Oh, my poor dear, where?”

BACK AND FRONT LEFT HOOF.

“Did you tell them yet? The nurses, I mean?” Asked Applejack.

NO.

“Do ya want me to?”

YES PLEASE.

Applejack walked over to the red button over twilights bed, and pressed it. After about a minute, the same nurse from earlier came back in. “How can help you Miss Sparkle?”

“She says it still hurts.” Rainbow answered for Twilight.

“Is that so Twilight? Where?”

BACK AND LEFT FOREHOOF.

“On a scale from one to ten how much does your hoof hurt?”

5.

“Ok, how about your back?”

9. NO 10.

“Okay, I can get you some painkillers. Can I take a quick look?”

YES.

The nurse trotted over to the bed, and began gently prodding the mare's back. In response, Twilight winced and let out a sharp gasp. “Oh, sorry. I think we're gonna need an x-ray on that. Your hoof seems fine, but let's get an x-ray just in case.”