• Published 23rd Jan 2020
  • 2,601 Views, 52 Comments

Kaiserreich - ObiWan



Space Exploration, Adventure, and a futuristic German Empire, what could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
 52
 2,601

Chapter I

Bogotá, Colombia, 1943

The metropolis was beaming in life, the streets are crowded, and cars are roaming through the busy morning streets of the big city. Several people were in the large constructions for the new skyscrapers throughout the whole place. Even though today was a different day, as almost every single person is dressed in their daily suits were all listening to the public radios in several stores around the corners of the buildings, as an important new was being transmitted throughout the whole nation, something that would change their future apparently.

"We will not let this unprovoked attacks...." a voice coming from the radios became the centre of attention of everyone all around the city, hearing closely each one of the words coming from the president of their nation, inspirational to many persons, even though, criticised for being too militaristic.

A dark Packard Clipper car came to stop near the large panopticon building with a sign engraved reading National Museum. A woman with blue eyes being dressed with a grey hat and a green dress exists the car with a tall man dressed in a black suit following her.

"FRANCE AND JAPAN DECLARE WAR ON COLOMBIA AND THE UNITED STATES!!!!" a short boy with several newspapers in his arm is shouting while holding one of the exemplary newspapers in his other hand, with a title written in black letters that are engraved under the El Tiempo newspaper logo, the most important one of the nation.

The woman sighs with tiredness, driving one hour and a half from the airport can cause a sleepy mood in anyone. Her face is changed to one of disgust when she smells the artificial odours from the metropolis.

"It smells like.... chlorine... and sweat," she says with disgust, looking at the tall man following her from behind, "it is always this way"

The guard looks her with a small grin planted in his face, "you'll get used to it"

She sighs again, now an angry frown appearing on her face. Passing through the large doors of the place, two guards receive them by asking the papers of the woman.

Clara Barton, a Canadian historian has achieved several great recognizations throughout her life, being one of the most famous as well, since she lived to keep record of almost every single part of the First Weltkrieg, and following it, she became a very famous author for her book The Union Flag, where she described the process of the British revolution in 1925 and how Oswald Mosley and his totalist party won the British chairman elections in 1936.

The two guards nod, as they proceed to check Clara's bag looking among the few things she brought for this trip.

One of the guards proceeds to look at Clara with a frown, "madam, let me guide you with Mr Ramirez"

A trace of rage appears inside Clara's mind, in the sense of help, "I am fully capable of getting to the place without you helping me, so if you could tell me where his office is located, that would be of much help."

The guard changes his face to one of curiosity, looking at her bodyguard, he tries to find a reason of why she is acting like this. Her bodyguard replies with a shrug, which could be translated to 'not reasoning with her conclusions.'

The guard looks at Clara again, "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm afraid that I cannot do that right now, as the country is going through a very....... um, interesting situation, so we could suspect of spies almost everywhere, don't you think so?"

"But-"

"That means that," the guard continued harshly, "you will have to go with me whether you want to or not, consider them...... just as security procedures."

Clara was going to answer him, but she gave up on continuing a fight that wasn't leading anybody to nowhere, so she simply gave a defeated nod while sighing.

The guard proceeds to guide them towards the offices of the museum. They climb some stairs, getting to a long corridor. Passing through various wooden doors with names written on the windows of these doors. Finally getting to her destiny, the guard says goodbye and immediately goes directly towards his post again, leaving only Clara with her bodyguard outside of one of the doors. She gives a long breath, as she begins to open the door, with her bodyguard following her.

A black man in a white suit smoking a cigar is writing something on a typewriter. He glanced at the frowning woman, giving her a smile in return. He stopped writing when she sat on the chair with a little bit of exasperation. The man looked at her eyes in a curious way, before speaking out loud.

"Thank you, it is also a pleasure to see you Clara, how's family doing up there, " he began, setting the cigar apart.

Clara remains silent momentarily before responding in a sternly, "I'm not here to mess up Mister Ramirez, so I want you to get straight to the point"

An amused face appears on his face, glancing at the tall guard standing behind her, a frightening glare being accompanied in his seriousness. Jose Ramirez recuperates quickly from the trance of thoughts, as only that woman has the real capacity of shutting his mouth, being him the director of the American History Board, with its current HQ in Bogotá.

Ramirez stands up in his full height, stretching a little bit and letting go a tired yawn. Clara, in her current state of disgust that she is having at the moment, becomes very impatient while seeing how the human simply forgot about her last question, well apparently if I may add.

Tapping her left foot on the floor, she finally lets her exasperation to get out, "if you're here to play one of your stupid games with me, I'll better just pack off and go back to Windsor, " she stops a moment from her harsh tone, muttering afterwards, "at least there I know that I will not die from the odour of the place."

Ramirez snickers, responding with a grin, "no, you want to get straight to the point, you will get straight to the point, " he taps his chin as if he is looking for the correct words for answering the flustered woman, "you will need to follow me then."

Ramirez proceeds to pick up his hat that was over his desk. He glances again at Clara, who is only looking at him with a sign of rage, must be for the way that the current reunion is being developed.

"Wha-" she lost her breath for a second before continuing, "this was supposed to be a short conversation Mr Ramirez... I-I don't have the whole day, " she finishes by crossing her arms in a disapproving way.

Ramirez takes another cigar from a red box, putting it in his mouth and then proceeding to light it on, "you see, there are certain details about this special case that cannot be taken lightly if you want much better-detailed information, " he pauses for a second, walking near Clara who was still on the chair, "so the best decision is coming with me, I know how much information about this.... 'theory' could be taken lightly."

Clara frowns for a second, before changing her face to one of curiosity and even a trace of amusement, "who said that this was a theory, Mr Ramirez"

He keeps staring at Clara silently before responding with a grin on his face, "exactly....... who said that it was a theory, " he then proceeds to walk towards the door, Clara looking at him intensely as her bodyguard puts himself in front of her only for preventive protection, something that Ramirez notices which causes him to chuckle softly to himself.

"So, are you coming?" Ramirez says opening the door and waiting for her to follow him. She looks at him with a relentless frown, before sighing, and jumping off the chair, walking towards Ramirez. He grinned as she passes throughout the door with her bodyguard following. Looking around his office for some seconds, he lowers his head and exits the room, closing the door in the process.

"Now I like that attitude miss, you know how much scientific and historical progress we are going to make," Ramirez begins while walking close to her, as she simply keeps looking at him with a little bit of hate. Releasing a breath, she begins to walk behind Ramirez.

He leads them through various corridors, the news was being transmitted from the radios with many people inside various rooms of the place hearing the important news. What happened you may ask? well then, the French Commune signed a pact three months ago with the Japanese Empire, in which they will ally in the efforts of trying to defeat the Entente. As one of the major operations coordinated by the Internationale says, that over one week ago the Japanese Empire attacked the United States military base in Hawai, Pearl Harbor, causing a massive discontent and a fever for war again in the American population, even though, they were still in the process of recuperating from the Second American Civil War. As for Colombia, the French Commune tried to launch an invasion of the Panama Canal, as it was being controlled by the Republic of Colombia, something that became a defeat for the French in the Americas. Today, the president of Colombia is announcing his intentions of joining the Entente into the war of defeating the syndicalist threat, beginning the mobilization of the Colombian army, all marching towards the same cause.

They go down some stairs, getting towards a brand new sector of the building while going underground, pausing for a second when a soldier asks for identification again.

Ramirez leads them through a long corridor, as she occasionally glances to the soldiers guarding various doors in the place. She looks inside one of the rooms, Clara gets to see women typing on typewriters, as people are also shouting inside of the place with various military officials looking mountains of papers on several desks. The complexity of the situation leaves dumbfounded for short seconds at the sight.

"Quite of a day right?" Ramirez says while looking down at the soldier over his shoulder, the face she shot her was enough to kill a bird from one shot.

"Did I ask something?" she says in an enraged manner, quite rude. Her personality can be considered as being very conservative to herself, sometimes becoming even rude with many of the people that go to talk to her, a casual thing on her, at least for the ones that really know her well.

Ramirez simply ignores the question and keeps talking, "just incredible to look how the world is probably falling apart, we are all looking for that light at the end of the tunnel, don't you think that Miss Clara?"

She looks at him again, but this time not with a frown, but with more of, a saddened face, like if the words he said suddenly pushed her off the way she was talking and acting, "I guess..."

The three arrive at the door that they were looking for, with the words Projection Room engraved in a steel plate against the wooden door. Ramirez talks to one of the soldier guarding that place as Clara just glances all around the corridor, and agitation sentiment is felt, as in the way of a kind of anguish and fear as they crawl the concrete and metal walls.

The soldier nods when Ramirez talks to him about his intentions, making him open the door of the place with his hands. The yellow lights coming from the inside of the room give a sentiment of heat to the cold corridor.

Ramirez backs off from the door a bit, as he points with his arm towards the interior of the room slowly, looking at her with a grin.

"Ladies first Miss Clara, " he says in a secular way, as she simply gives him a 'pistol'. She enters with tiredness, encountering a small room with various seats made of a brownish leather, with a type of soft material covering the walls of the room, and there, a man was expecting her.

"Miss Clara, it is finally a pleasure to meet you," the man with a long beard said when he saw her, as she begins to get near him in a slow but cautious was, her bodyguard following her steps.

"And you are..." Clara says expecting the answer. The man glances to Ramirez with amusement and then looks at her again, "my name is Jose Santacruz, the director of the operation," he stops before continuing again, "please take a seat Miss Clara."

She hesitates, responding again in a harsh manner, "I want to get straight to the point Mister Santacruz, please don't play with this as others do around here, " she looks directly at Ramirez, which is smoking another cigar while leaning against the walls.

"Of course Miss Clara, but remember the ones that do not wait always fail," the man says, leaving that thought inside of Clara's head. She was going to answer him, but the lights of the room suddenly turned off, as a projection appeared reflected towards a white wall. If I add more details to the room, it looks like a miniature cinema, the seats being positioned to look towards the projection. Ramirez takes a seat in one of the front chairs, smiling as he keeps smoking his cigar.

Song for the projection.

Upon the wall, the video starts in black and white, old hieroglyphs are the first to be shown, from the Sumerians to the Egyptians, in re-enactments of the great construction of man. Afterwards, they begin to show different drawings from books of historical arts, both paintings and sneak classifications, in which the powerful Roman Empire is shown fighting against the Carthaginian Empire, soldiers against the soldiers. Various scenes from history are also shown as well, from the union of the French legions to the declaration of the German Empire. This images suddenly when the logo of the Monarch Project appears. The American, Colombian and Imperial German flags are seen on different warships. Gas tests, doctors of death, and other appearances under the Project Monarch name are displayed. The world map is then shown with different points indicated, one of these being the Colombian Amazon, the Iranian Mesopotamian zone in the Sultanate of Egypt on their occupation of the Ottoman Empire, Southern Greece in Kalamata to be more specific, and in the north of Africa near Morocco. Evidence of different weapons is also shown, as various expeditions from the German Empire to the British are shown since the colonial ages, people entering jungles, deserts and forests looking for something, for myths, things that could be real or not.

In the middle of the video, curiosity is finally seen on Clara, in which she asks the man sitting above her something in a calm voice, "what all of this supposed to be?"

The man is silent for some seconds, with the video still being showed with various secret tests made for a new superweapon, the Atomic Bomb. He sighs, as he scratches his chin with his hand, thinking of what to say, "it is the future, Miss Clara, this planet is simply so confusing for everyone, don't you think so?"

She gives him a confused look, "ironic don't you think so?" Ramirez finally talks again, "every singly part of our history has certain..... how could I say it, " pausing for a second, he looks back at Clara with a serious face, "confusions, parts that simply don't make any kind of sense, especially if we are talking about mythology."

At that point, the video begins to show Mythological creatures in various documents of various scientists in history, in which ancient mythological creatures from Greece like pegasus and unicorns appear, and in the second part, the video shows the gods of the Ancient Greeks and the Norse one, with their supposed powers that protect the regions of the planet. Although something began to look very strange, the fact that there were scientific classifications of several of them, including the famous Godzilla monster, the Manticores, and the Leviathan, written by authors like Charles Darwin, Alfred Wallace, and others who supported certain ideas.

"I don't get it," Clara says raising her voice, "my research, everything that was believed to be true... Monarch is real..." she says, looking at the two of them with suspicion planted on her face.

Santacruz looks at her with a frown, ready for any conclusion she may give from her next words, which are a simple, "yes"

She puts a hand on her mouth, her heart starts pounding, a combination of fear and curiosity goes through her body, "but ... it's just a theory"

Clara gets down from her seat and begins to approach Santacruz. Ramirez and her bodyguard look at each other seriously, Ramirez giving him a nod. The bodyguard leaves the room, leaving the three of them alone.

"It is not, they have been working to discover certain things... things that really interest us, such as your research, for example, a real document of the topics that have been researched and conducted by the Monarch organization, " Ramirez says as he climbs the stairs to the position where Clara and Santacruz are.

"Did you read my research?" she asks, the rude tone has completely evaporated from her voice. Everything is just confusing, a conspiracy, an organization that was designed to search for mythological things, things that you could only believe in fairy tales or in magical lands like those written in the books.

"They did Miss Clara, and they found it very interesting, especially the part where you showed the magnetic interruption in the Amazon," Santacruz told her, his voice soft and at the same time serious. The video finishes showing several soldiers marching through the jungle, every single one of them with advanced weapons, imagine it as a type of an advanced laser weapon.

The lights inside the room turn on again, as the projector turns off. Silence becomes dominant in the room, like if everyone was waiting for someone to talk. Clara is in total confusion, even causing her to sweat a little bit. Someone in that room has connections to one of the most secretive organizations of the world. The man jumps off his seat, beginning to walk slowly, his age being noticeable.

Standing in front of her, he releases a long breath before talking again, "we sent an expedition to the Amazon, based in the location you found of course, that has given.... some incredible discoveries."

"You already sent an expedition?" Clara says raising an eyebrow, looking at his old brown eyes with shock.

A smile cracks on his mouth, responding to her in a secular way, "indeed, the crew departed from Leticia one week ago with the help of Colombian soldiers of course, into finding what you called the supposed 'rising sun city' popularly known as-"

"El Dorado, " she says while breathing heavily, in all of her years of research and going to dangerous places all around the world, Clara never believed that actually someone was going to take her work on mythology seriously. She slowly begins to the realization of something, why would they want to find that?

"But, " she continued, "for what purpose, may I ask."

Ramirez and Santacruz glance at each other before Ramirez responded to her question while bending down, reaching an eye to eye level.

"For history, even if it turns that it isn't real," Ramirez begins with a frown in his face, slowly smoking again, "we have the reason of the doubt, the one that tells you what can be real and what cannot be real miss, and that is what we are going to find out......"


KAISERREICH: A NATIONAL DRAMA

The epic opera from another world


Amazon Jungles, Colombia

Song for the scene

A group of several explorers and soldiers walk through the hot jungles. The humidity is felt on the skin of the persons as they slowly walk through the density of the forest. Leading them, a man dressed in a white shirt, an outback fedora, a long sleeve tactical shirt, some khaki Pants, an army canvas web belt, and also along with some brown lumber boots with a brown genuine leather jacket. He is using a machete to make a way between the branches of the trees. Following him there are two men with cameras, documenting the expedition, and finally, in the back, 7 soldiers from the national army are following them, dressed in a uniform that was designed to serve in the jungle. The sounds of the animals are heard loud and clear around the entire sector, from insects to birds in the trees.

As they entered deeper into the hot the jungle, the sun begins to be scarcer thanks to the giant trees covering them.

In a moment, the sound of a waterfall can be heard, the man makes his way towards the root of the sound, finding a long mountain of tributary stone, but with a very curious detail, the gigantic stone that is in front of them has the shape of a head, water coming out of the eyes, falling into the lake below of the rock, with some very ancient hieroglyphic writings written by the indigenous people upon the lips of the giant face, but these writings are all pointing to the mouth of the rocks, which apparently, leads to a cave inside the mountain.

The man breathes deeply before speaking, "gentlemen, this is it."

The sound of cameras snapping rapidly is heard, as a man with a map approaches the man.

"Sir, I think it is indicated to continue inside the cave," says the man while pointing to the mouth of the place with one of his arms.

The man looks carefully at the mouth of the place, "I need only a small group to accompany me, the others have to stay outside to scout just in case we get in troubles with the natives.

The man nods, as he goes to the back of the group for talking with the others who were following them, trying to find who will steel themselves and accompany them inside of the cave.

To the curiosity of the man, he begins to approach the stream that divides the small sandbank from the other side where the stone is located. One of the interesting things about the place are the two great lakes next to where the eyes of the stone are, it is as if someone had built all of this with magic, precision and every detail of the beautiful place, no need to hide that fact with hesitation.

The man returns with three soldiers, and only one of the reporters, which makes the man turn to see the group that decided to accompany them, "gentlemen, we must be prepared for what we may find inside the darkness, we are not going to succumb to fear, we have already gone through too much to surrender at this point so .... are you with me !!!! "

Those in the group scream in a sense of jubilation, which makes the man smile, and jumps the little stream to the other side, "then let's finish this once and for all"

The group also jumps the stream and begins to walk behind him, going directly towards the mouth of the cave. Entering the cave, some stone stairs lead them into the interior of the earth. Lanterns are the only thing lighting the place, as they highlight the beauty of the indigenous paintings in every single rock in the cave, including the floor and ceiling, showing epic scenes of their gods and apparently, scientifical information by the indigenous people.

Several are impressed by the beauty of the interior, although disgusted by the excess of cobwebs on the ceiling and in some parts of the floor, in addition to the scorpions and snakes that have quickly passed in front of them, causing a halt each time when they got to see one of these animals. Going deeper into the ground, the rare lack of oxygen is felt, since the humidity and heat combined only make them more agitated each step they take while going down, while a strange sound bounces off each wall, almost like an echo, as if some force was saying something to them in an ancient language.

"WHAT THE FUCK!!!" one of the soldiers screams when he sees the size a snake that is literally crawling on the roof, as if gravity had suddenly disappeared in the area.

Everyone stares attentively at the disturbing image, the body of the reptile could be described as the size of a very large dog, with red spots engraved on his long body. The man leading them gulps in fear. The snake's body disappears, a signal that causes the group to quickly descend, increasing their steps down the stairs.

Fear is dissipated in them as they enter a gigantic room, maybe of the size of one of largest theatre in Europe, with the sunlight gently entering through holes on the ceiling, where drops of water are also falling. But what makes the jackpot is the ruins on the site, the damp-worn stone houses that are strewn across the long room. In the centre of the place, there is a kind of a very large tower, but something that catches everyone's attention is the floor, because it is made of a sort of metal, not of a regular old mossy stone.

The reporter reaches down and touches the floor, as he begins to gently wiping it with his hand, cleaning the dirt that has settled on it, revealing a golden colour that shines on his face thanks to the sunlight.

"It....it... is gold!" the man says, causing the rest of the group to start cleaning the floor, finding the same glowing material. Cheers of joy are heard as everyone become sparkling from the sight, the soldiers use their military knives on the floor, trying to cut a part of the floor for themselves.

The man leading them smiles, putting his hands on his head, "El Dorado," he says, approaching the tower-like structure with a smile, although the thought of happiness above is changed by one of curiosity as he sees a kind of a gateway in the centre of the structure, not being connected by a wall or leading anywhere. The man is very curious about this, looking at it, he manages to see something strange inscribed on the high surface of the arch.

"Porta ad alium se orbem terrarum, " he reads, as uncertainty rises in his head because, "this is Latin.... what the hell"

He tries to guess how a European language could get so deep into the jungle, deciding to call the same person, that for your information, he is the designed cartographer of the Monarch expedition, "Jackson, come here"

The man raises an eyebrow at the source of the voice, as he begins to walk towards the place where the leader of the expedition currently is. He enters the large structure and notices how the tall man is looking to a sort of inscription in the top of a lonely passageway, or the way he could recognize it.

The man notices the person, addressing him with a frown, "Jackson, do you know Latin right?"

The man simply nods, looking at him with a questioning face.

"Then you can read this?" the man says.

The man starts to read the inscription with a little bit of weight, "a.... portal.... to... ano-ther wor...ld."

At the finalization of his speech, the man lowers him to the ground, looking at the inscription with pure curiosity, "a portal to another world...."

He touches again the inscription, trying to search something mysterious or rare on it, well, excluding the fact that there is a Latin inscription in the middle of the Amazon jungle.

"What do you think it means Jackson...." he asks the man while still studying the inscription, even though, he continues with his short speech, "what the hell is something like this doing here"

The man keeps gazing at the gateway, his wonder getting to communicate something to his mind. Getting closer to see the lines engraved in the borders of the weird thing, "maybe a connection"

The man looks at the man with oddity, "a connection to where?"

They both remain silent as the man reads another inscription in the frame of the gateway, also being composed in Latin.

"To.... Equestria"