• ...
4
 16
 987

Chapter 4: Fight or Flight?

The next day, Carl woke up and got ready to got to another day at Canterlot High and was getting ready. After changing, Carl went to the living room and saw his father put on his new police uniform.

Rick saw his son and said "Good morning Carl"

"Morning Dad" Carl said

"Do you want me to take you to school?" Rick asked.

"No, it's ok but I appreciate it." Carl answered.

And with that, Rick went off his job for the police and Carl ran his way to school and went to begin his classes and as he was walking past the halls, a few students began to give looks at him some with distrust or curiosity at his battle-hardened exterior.

As he walked, Carl eventually reached his class and went to his seat before the teacher began to teach the students. As she taught, Carl began to suddenly think and flashback when he was "punished" for hurting two bullies for hurting Sophia, that's when he met Lydia.

(Flashback)

The parents were complaining to Maggie that Carl has to be punished and Carl was angry that the father of one demanded he apologized and thus Carl walked to him angrily and said.

"You want me to apologize?, You [BLEEP]ing [BLEEP]-wads can go [BLEEP] yourselves!"

This had enraged the father who was stopped by Maggie and Carl had to talk to her privately of the matter until it was clear. While this happened, Carl had met Lydia, who was being interrogated by Paul "Jesus" Monroe about her group, the Whisperers.

When the two met, Carl trusted her and felt sympathy and gave her his father's hat to make her feel better, although this worked in a way, she revealed it was Carl himself making her feel more better. Although Maggie and Jesus hesitated, they let her be with Carl and the two had bonded and at that moment, she removed his glasses and rather complimented his eye injury and the two had shared a moment of passion.

(Flashback End)

"....arl?...Carl!" A voice said and Carl was then shot out of his thoughts by Ms. Cheerliee, who gave him an look of concern.

"Are you ok?, you zoned out when I was doing the lesson" Cheerilee said

"I'm fine Ms. Cheerliee, don't worry" Carl reassured

Although reluctant, Cheerilee didn't push further and continued to teach the class. The next class was math with Ms. Harshwhinny and Carl was eventually getting more better at his work and gained more better marks and grades. After the class had finished, he had went to the cafeteria to have lunch and saw the girls and went over to them.

"Hi Carl" The girls all said

"Hi" he responded

Carl sat down and felt a little awkward about the situation and before he could talk, Sunset saw Celestia walk up to her sternly.

"Sunset, may I speak to you privately?" Celestia asked

"Um, sure"

As this happened, Carl went to Flash Sentry and his bandmates and saw Flash and went over to them.

Flash saw Carl and said "Hey Carl, What's up?"

"is that a guitar?" Carl said

"Yeah, an electric one why?" Flash answered

"Can I play it, like actually play it?" Carl asked

"Sure, but be careful" Flash said

Carl took the guitar, and although hesitant, went up the stage

"Um, why is Carly going on the stage?" Pinkie asked

Carl, without warning played the guitar at a fast pace. Everybody's jaws dropped as to how good he was playing.

"He's playing guitar...so perfect?" Fluttershy mumbled

Rarity said "How is that even physically possible?"

"I don't know, but he's really good!, he might be more better then Dashie!" Pinkie Pie said

Rainbow Dash, ticked off at this comment, gritted her teeth in anger and frustration and say 'There is NO WAY he is better then me at ANYTHING!!!"

Luna commented "This is...quite a surprise."

"Indeed, after what Carl has told us of himself, I strongly doubted he would know anything about guitar, let alone play expertly, is he THAT fast of a learner?" Celestia added

"It's difficult, but isn't impossible, after all practice makes perfect, sister"

Rainbow, in a blunt tone, suggested "Or maybe he was lying to us this whole time?"

Applejack yelled to her "Rainbow Dash, enough!"

As the two argued, Trixie, Flash and their bandmates had witnessed Carl play another song and saw this one to be way sadder then the more rock type song he had played. As Carl played, the song showed a sad tone and melody and Carl began to feel tears, yet managed to hold them in, with Flash and Trixie almost in sad tears themselves over how emotional the song had sounded.

After Carl had finished playing, he gave the Flash's guitar back and nodded in thanks to him and makes his way back to the group, they were silent and stared at Carl.

Celestia, breaking the silence, said "Well, we should probably look for a club or sport for Carl to join in"

Luna agreed and the three had went to the hallway, with eyes on Carl the whole time, with Trixie eventually snapping out of her stupor and along with her bandmates, had followed the three and stopped Carl and when she had reached Carl, she said "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What was THAT!?"

"What?" Carl said in reply

"THAT!" Trixie motioned to the gym, "Back at the gym, that was brilliant, where did you learn to play so good like that?!"

Carl responded "My father"

Trixie was left astounded "Wow, he must be a legend"

Carl answered "That's because we usually bonded playing something that would make us feel better or how we felt, that second specific song is how I felt. Don't worry about me, I've had worse."

Trixie, unbelieving this said in response "Your lying, you have to be, I don't know who you think you are, but just know this, I'm watching you."

Carl, however merely gave her an look and walked away with a sad look saying in his thoughts "I think I lost a friend."


"Its alright, Carl" Celestia said "she'll look beyond it and your friendship will return"

Carl replied by nodding to her with a smile, and Celestia smiled back and as the two continued down the hall, they encountered Sunset and her friends who walked past.

Celestia said "Sunset, where are you going?"

Applejack replied "We were jus' headin to th' music room"

Celestia said with Carl looking at her "You know...Carl could come too"

Rainbow said " What?!"

"It'll be a good chance for you to know your new friends better, right Sunset?" Celestia said, winking to Sunset knowingly.

"Oh!, Of course he can!" Sunset said

Each of the girls had agreed, all but one

"Right, Rainbow Dash" Applejack said raising an eyebrow

"Fine" Rainbow replied

Carl, while initially hesitant agreed to come and they went to the music room, however as this happened a few girls gave looks and began to watch him discreetly. However, some teachers forced them out. With the group, Carl had revealed what hapoened with him and Trixie. Sunset, with comfort put a hand on his shoulder and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry you lost a friend, but it's ok, there are more then Trixie and the Illusions" Sunset comforted Carl

Although reluctant Carl decided to accept it. When the girls got ready to play, Sunset chose to stay with Carl as the girls began to start the song.

https://m.