• Published 29th Oct 2019
  • 2,719 Views, 16 Comments

The Fashionista That Requires A Confidence Boost - Jordanwolfboy



Rarity loses confidence in herself when she makes a huge mistake on one of her ensembles, luckily, you are there to help her change her way of thinking.

  • ...
4
 16
 2,719

Chapter 1: Passion For Fashion

It was another bright and sunny afternoon at the city of Canterlot. The people were happily enjoying their day while others were hard at work at their jobs. We see someone walking by themselves on the sidewalk by one of the busy streets in the city. That person is revealed to be you. You were on your way to one of the busiest places in town; Carousel Boutique. For you see, you were hoping to see your friend to see if she was willing to fix a pair of pants that you were carrying with you.

The reason being is because you were doing some stretches this morning before you would go out as you always did to avoid any cramps of any sort, but unfortunately you stretched a little bit too far when you were doing a toe touch and ended up ripping a rather big hole in the bottom. So you were on your way to Carousel Boutique to see if your friend was willing to fix it for you.

Who is that friend you may ask? Well it was none other than the very talented fashionista herself; Rarity. Rarity was a very close friend of yours ever since you met each other two years ago. You and your family had just moved into the neighborhood and you were in need of some new clothes. Fortunately, you had heard of the local Boutique in the area and you decided to give the place a try.

When you walked in you were graced with the presence of Rarity as she was working on one of her latest ensembles at the time. She asked you what you needed and you told her so. She smiled and told you that she was more than happy to give you a new set of clothing. As you were trying on different outfits, you and her got to talking to one another and you had instantly hit it off.

It turned out that you also had a bit of an eye for fashion as well which really piqued her interest. After that, the two of you became friends and ever since then it's been really great between you two. You also eventually got to meet her friends which is always nice to do when you meet someone. As you were walking towards Raritys Boutique, you couldn't help but think to yourself.

'Jeez, this is embarrassing. Hopefully she won't laugh at it. What am I saying? She wouldn't laugh! It's Rarity for crying out loud! Rainbow Dash on the other hand, she would probably be on the floor convulsing with laughter." You thought to yourself while slightly blushing.

You finally arrived at Carousel Boutique after a somewhat long distance from your house. You opened the door and were greeted with the usual ringing of the bell above the door. As you walked in you were greeted by a rather elegant voice coming from the back of the store.

“I’ll be there in a moment!” Rarity called out. You were about to say something back but you decided to surprise her when she comes back out. After a few minutes of waiting, she finally walked out of the back with a close-eyed smile with her hands folded in front of her.

“Welcome to Carousel Boutique, how may I help you toda-“ She was cut off when she opened her eyes and saw you there. You smiled at her before speaking.

“Hey Rarity, how’s it going?” You asked innocently. She smiled after a moment or two.

“Anon darling! It’s so good to see you!” She said before walking up and giving you a hug. She was easily able to wrap her arms around your neck since you were about the same height as her. You gently hugged her back before you separated.

“It’s good to see you too Rarity. I hope I didn’t interrupt you during anything important.”

“Oh, not at all dear. I was just adding some finishing touches to my latest ensemble. So, what can I help you with?” She asked. You took a deep breath before looking back at her.

“With . . . this.” You said before showing her your pants. She gasped dramatically upon seeing the rather enormous hole in them.

“Darling! What in the world happened!” She questioned. You looked away from her with your face completely flushed.

“I uh . . . I kind of . . . bent a little too far while I was doing my morning stretches. heh heh.” You chuckled embarrassingly. Rarity then throws on a determined face.

“Well don’t you worry dear. I’ll have this fixed up lickety split!”

“Oh, Rarity you don’t need to do it right now, I’ve still got plenty of pairs to wear so I’m fine with this getting done later.” You said reassuringly but she shook her head in response.

“Nonsense Anon! My friends always come first and besides I still have plenty of time to work on my latest ensemble. This won’t take very long at all.” She said before taking your pants to her sewing machine which was nearby and immediately started working on it. You smiled at just how amazingly generous she is as a person. Which was one of the many reasons why you had a bit of a crush on her.

Yep, that’s right you had a crush on Rarity. It was almost impossible not to, she was just so amazing to you. Her kind attitude, her generous spirit, the fact that she always made time to do things for her friends was incredible. Not to mention the fact that she pretty much resembled a goddess in terms of beauty. Her long purple hair that somehow fit her white skin, those dark blue eyes that resembled a starry night sky, and a perfect petite body to top it all off. No straight man could ever resist her and you were no exception.

You started feeling this way about a year ago when the both of you were out shopping for materials that she needed for one of her projects. You were helping her by picking out colors or different sets of fabric before you had decided to take a momentary break and got something to eat. You offered to pay for the food but she insisted on paying for it by saying that it was the least she could do for dragging you along with her.

You smiled and complied before sitting down and enjoying your food. After that day your feelings towards her grew into the crush that you had today. You’ve always wanted to tell Rarity how you felt about her but you were always too nervous. You guessed that a part of you was afraid of her only seeing you as a friend and that she didn’t share the same feelings. Which is why you’ve had this crush for over a year now. You were snapped out of you current train of thought by the sound of Raritys sewing machine being shut off before turning your attention to her.

“And done! There you go Anon darling!” She cheered before presenting your pants to you with the hole being completely sealed as if it was never ripped in the first place. You smiled before looking back at Rarity.

“Thanks Rarity! Looks good as new!” You said before taking them into your arms.

“I’m glad to have helped darling. A hole that size and in that particular area is a crime against fashion!” She says while posing dramatically. You chuckled at this before pulling her into a hug to which she returned. You separated before starting at each other.

“So anyways, what exactly are you working on today Rarity?” You asked changing the subject. Her eyes lit up with excitement.

“I’m so glad that you asked Anon! Do you know about Prim Hemline?” She asked. You thought for a moment before answering.

“I think I may have heard of her. Isn’t she like a famous fashion designer or something?”

“She is! Well listen to this darling. She contacted me about wanting me to come up with a new ensemble for some of her latest trends! And she said that if they were good enough that she would have her personal models present them in her shows!” She finished before squealing like a schoolgirl. You chuckled once more at how cute she was being.

“Well this certainly seems like a great opportunity for you Rarity. It’s honestly no surprise to me that someone as amazing and talented as you could catch the eyes of someone famous like her.” You said honestly. She blushed a bit at the comment before responding.

“Why . . . thank you darling. It really means a lot to me to hear that.” She said before pulling you into another hug. You held it for a moment before separating. “Why don’t I show you what I have so far?” She asked to see if you were interested.

“Actually, I wanna be surprised. As much as I want to see them right now Rarity, I’ll see them when they’re presented by Prim Hemline herself. I hope that doesn’t upset you in any way, does it?” You asked. She smiled before shaking her head.

“Not at all Anon. I actually like that idea. Surprising you and the others with my latest set of clothes will be even more satisfying.” She stated matter-of-factly. You smiled before checking the time.

“Well I think I should get going Rarity. I’ll leave you to your amazing work.” You said before giving her one final hug.

“Very well darling. I hope you have a wonderful day today.”

“You too.” You responded before breaking the hug and heading to the door. “Bye Rarity!” You called out.

“Ta-ta darling!” She also called out before you headed out the door and down the sidewalk. You couldn’t wait to see what kind of clothes and/or dresses that she had in store for Prim Hemline, but it was something that you were willing to wait for. This was on your mind as you made your way back home and continued the rest of your day as you usually did.