• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 766 Views, 3 Comments

Dusk Star - Axelsims



When a man finds his way into Equestria, will he find his way back, or will he find a reason to stay

  • ...
 3
 766

Chapter 1


Sunday, May 27, 2012

Today I hit a stroke of bad luck.

Well actually bad luck is kind of an understatement. Usually when someone says something like bad luck they are referring to getting a bad grade on a test in school, or stubbing their toe on a rock. Something minor and definitely not something like getting lost in a forest for the last few hours and having to sleep under a tree.

It’s not like I particularly wanted to sleep in the middle of a forest, especially one that is right next to your house and yet for some reason you can’t find your way back.

I usually like taking walks outdoors, it’s… peaceful serene. It helps me think when I’m suffering from writers block like I was earlier today. I usually take my “journal” with me when I go. That’s also the reason why I’m writing this little passage right now. I can’t help but think that I might perish here in this forest. It’s a silly thought, I’ve only been out here for a few hours, I even ate before I left, and I’ll most likely find my way home in the morning.

That’s something else I can’t explain right now. I left around noon and it’s only been around 6 hours if I can guess the time correctly. So In other words it shouldn’t be so dark out. It’s in the middle of the spring, and the sun usually doesn’t set till around 9, but for some reason I can barely see 6 feet out in front of me, it’s rather intimidating to say the least.

The worst part is that among all things I ran out of cigarettes. I have been cutting down lately before I decide to quit outright, but right now I could really use one. It doesn’t help either that I’m using my lighter to see as I write this. It’s almost taunting me.
Regardless I don’t want to waste too much fluid so I’m going to call it for the night and sleep, or at least try to sleep. I doubt I’ll get much luck as the darkness is downright bugging me. Regardless I’m off to bed.