• Published 19th Aug 2019
  • 1,940 Views, 27 Comments

My Nonsensical Draconequus - Xutiepops



When Fluttershy finds a hurt draconequus, she is more than ecstatic, especially after she learns so much about him. But Princess Twilight's showing up can't be good.

  • ...
1
 27
 1,940

Befriending a Draconequus: Part 1

Fluttershy didn't think she had ever been happier walking towards the soccer field. The field always told her she'd have to go through another day at school that would keep her from the animal shelter she worked at, but not even the idea of spending eight hours at school could upset her.

She took a glance down at the notebook she had held to her chest as she walked, and she couldn't keep the smile of her face. "Hey, Flutters!" She heard a bouncy voice and looked up to see Pinkie Pie waving dramatically at her. She smiled and waved back, giggling slightly when Rainbow Dash sped past Pinkie, kicking the ball into her goal. "Aw, man," Pinkie Pie pouted, kicking the grass as Rainbow Dash jogged up to her with a proud smirk.

"Concentration's important, Pinkie," Rainbow Dash said confidently, crossing her arms with a sly smirk. Fluttershy walked up to the two with wide eyes, hoping the book she was holding didn't draw too much attention. Rainbow Dash ruffled Pinkie's hair with a snicker. "You sure you're gonna be able to do this?"

Pinkie Pie held up her head with furrowed eyebrows and blue eyes of pure determination. But before she could get the words out of her mouth, Fluttershy gasped. "Are you wanting to join the soccer team, Pinkie?" She asked, one of her hands near her mouth in shock. "But, you're apart of the party-planning committee."

Pinkie and Rainbow Dash burst out in fits of laughter, making Fluttershy's shoulders fall with a raised eyebrow as she waited for her mistake to finish being, very evidently, made fun of. "No, silly!" Pinkie Pie said after her laughs, putting a hand on Fluttershy's shoulder as she pointed at Rainbow Dash. "Dashie's team never gets her early, and since she's always here for Rainboom work. I thought I'd learn how to play so she'd have something to do for thirty minutes before school starts."

Fluttershy nodded. "Then why were you acting like she needed to be good?" Fluttershy asked Rainbow Dash, who had just recently calmed down from her laughter. Fluttershy didn't understand as she inwardly fumed. Was it so unbelievable that Pinkie would want to do something with Rainbow? Maybe it was the obvious fact that Pinkie wouldn't leave the party-planning committee.

"Duh!" Rainbow said, kicking up the ball so she could bounce it back and forth on her knees. "If she's as bad as Twilight was, it would be like playing with a cardboard cutout," Rainbow Dash said as she let the ball fall to the ground, only so she could kick it right into her own goal.

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow as Pinkie and Rainbow laughed. "So... there is no Rainbooms practice today?" She asked expectantly, already knowing the answer and feeling irritation bubble in her. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash stiffened, slowly falling with nervous smiles, glances at the other, and rubs at the backs of their necks. Fluttershy rolled her eyes again and started towards the bleachers.

"Wait, Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash called and grabbed Fluttershy's wrist, making the girl's annoyed look very evident. "W-we can practice this, um, afternoon!" Rainbow Dash said confidently, putting both hands on her hips. She didn't see Fluttershy's scoff as she turned away and climbed up onto the bleachers. Rainbow Dash beamed at her solving of the situation and decided she'd ruin Pinkie Pie as she jogged back over to her.

Fluttershy watched lazily as Rainbow and Pinkie passed the ball back and forth. She groaned and slid on her uncomfortable seat. Rainbow Dash had texted her last night that they would be practicing in the morning, it was the only reason she was here. Fluttershy always woke up early, she had just gotten used to it since she used to take care of the kitten that would sit in their driveway early in the morning.

So Fluttershy could've been spending her time doing anything else. Though going to the animal shelter might have been one of her priorities. She sighed, hugging herself. She hadn't been to the shelter in weeks. She hadn't even passed out any papers encouraging kids to go and check it out.

She looked up at the cloudy morning and could only imagine the horrible rain that would pour outside while they were listening to teachers lecture. She smiled up at the sky, did she really dislike the reason she hadn't gone to the shelter? After she found the hurt draconequus, her afternoons had been full.

That smile that wouldn't leave found it's way on her face as her heart swelled. Ever since her and Discord had agreed to see each other until he was fully healed, she had that feeling. She knew what it was and it was sheer joy at the entire situation. Her dream had essentially come true!

First, the word 'draconequus' haunted her, and then, she found one! And she was able to medically help him! And it only got better when she learned he was a god-like creature that was the embodiment of chaos. Oh, and he could talk. And it became paradise when they had simply talked as if they were friends! She was friends with a mysterious creature that could talk! She didn't think her life could get better.

And the cloudy, tempting to rain skies only reminded her of Discord and his antics. It was one of the first times he showed her the extent of his magic. Or, at least some of it.


"So, you have magic...?" Fluttershy asked, watching Discord summon a familiar pink cloud he fell back against and sighed. He nodded to her with a smile of pure content as he seemed to sink into the cloud. "And... it's just causes chaos?"

He snapped, and huge, bold letters hovered in front of her, the yellow blocks spelt out 'yes'. He growled and snapped again, the letters turning blue. "Yes," he said, staring down at his talon with a scowl. "Though it seems my chaos hates the color pink lately," he said, snapping again and falling into his cloud with a sigh of irritation as the blocks turned orange. The orange blocks turned into tulips and fell around Fluttershy. She giggled as she dusted them off of her notebook.

"Did you learn magic, or were you born with it?" She asked, standing up off the pastel green couch he had summoned for her. She was careful not to step on any of the tulips as she started walking towards him. She raised an eyebrow as he didn't answer and saw his face was still submerged with the cloud, a paw held out. She smiled as she grabbed the huge, soft paw and pulled him up.

He smiled at her. "Thank you, my dear," he said, snapping and turning the shapeless cloud into a cloud shaped like a recliner. The footrest popped up, though his tail still hung off of it. "And I'm the God of Chaos, I've always had my magic."

She smiled widely as she looked down at her notebook and wrote something in pen. Ever since she started questioning him, her nose hadn't left that pathetic book of hers. He grinned smugly, thinking of something that could get her out of that book. "Would you like to see some real chaos?" He asked, his grin widening at her amazed eyes and smile. She nodded and he decided the show must start.

His first snap made her reappear on the lovely couch he had made for her, the tulips disappearing with it and her notebook sliding into her bag after running towards it with a tongue out like a dog. She watched in awe, as if that was it. He smirked, his second snap making a huge blue fan appear over the pond that he hadn't gotten rid of. The orange and blue fish grabbed onto the seaweed that didn't belong there either as the fan turned onto it's highest setting.

Fluttershy didn't know if she would breathe again as she watched. And that wasn't the end of the show. The water flew out of the pond, but before it touched the grass, it started forming small white clouds. Fluttershy was on the edge of her seat as every drop of water made the cloud grow larger and larger.

The pond was empty, the cloud hanging heavy over the ground. His third snap made the clouds separate, the fluffy white shapes floating up to the open canopy above them. Fluttershy's eyes and smile followed them up to the sky, filling in their canopy and shielding them from the sun. "I've always found normal things to be quite boring," Discord said, though not even his voice could take away the adoration in her eyes. Orange fish flew out of the clouds with blue wings.

"So, a little chaos can always--" he said confidently, though he felt a drop of water hit him, along with the sun. His confidence fell as he summoned an umbrella, as the clouds above them turned back into water against his magic's wishes. He groaned as the pitter patter of rain against his umbrella played a sound of failure. Though a melodious noise in the middle of the rain caused his umbrella to disappear.

Fluttershy laughed genuinely as the rain dampened her hair and sweater. She watched with a smile as the rain drops slid across and through the grass, magnetically moving towards the empty pond with orange fish flopping against the ground. The fish comically and dramatically took a deep breath as the water fell on them, despite how illogical it was. She giggled again as the pond filled, some fish turning blue underneath the slowly freezing half of the water.

She smiled at Discord's confused and amazed face. "You're amazing," she said as she stood up, clasping her hands together. He didn't respond, only blinked slowly as she replayed the entire scene with her own theatrics, when she was done, she turned to him. "Do something else chaotic!"

She felt excitement in her veins as he snapped again, anxious to see whatever else he could come up with. What other chaotic things he could do to things that were becoming so very boring.


Fluttershy lazily replayed all of the chaotic and out of the usual things Discord had created just because she asked. He had made her a foot-stool out of singing daisies, he had created a piƱata that disliked bats, and many versions of himself that worked on his little clearing as they talked.

He had made baby elephants serve them drinks of whatever she wanted before she knew she wanted it. He reenacted war stories that obviously didn't happen, turning the space around and behind him into a war-torn, no-man's-land full of trenches and he was the encouraging general and scared drafted teenager. Robins and blue jays became gentlemanly ostriches and rheas dressed in suits. Squirrels became brutish thugs with spiked tree limbs, crystalized pastel lights covered the trees when the sun started setting--

"Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed with a sneer, waving a hand in front of Fluttershy. She had her hands on her hips, Pinkie standing behind her with a tilted head and a raised eyebrow.

Fluttershy cowered into her sweater with a nervous smile and giggle. "I'm sorry," she said, avoiding Rainbow's annoyed scowl. Even if she wasn't looking, she knew Rainbow rolled her eyes as she stood up straight, turning towards the bottom of the bleachers.

"We should get going, school's gonna start soon," Rainbow said as she held a hand out to Fluttershy, pulling the girl up and starting down the bleachers. Fluttershy pulled her phone out of her pocket, looking for the time. Her eyes widened as she sped down the bleachers past Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.

She turned back to the two and saw they latched onto the other to keep from falling. Fluttershy raised a hand in goodbye as she yelled, "Sorry! I'll see you at lunch!" She turned towards the closest entrance to the school and ran for dear life.

Her first period was across the school from the soccer field, and she only had two minutes to get there. Her feet felt heavy as she sped across the school and ever emptying halls. Her heart beat sped up with her shoes hitting the ground as she turned down a hall, taking a peak down at her phone and feeling her throat tighten at the time.

Her eyes stayed glue to the time on her phone, waiting for the horrible minute to go up and declare her late. Her smile grew as she turned down the science hallway, thinking she could actually make it on time. She couldn't believe her luck.

She had one foot in the door when the bell rang, the teacher looked at her and smiled as she cowered into herself and avoided her teacher's stare. "Cutting it close there, Fluttershy," the teacher said sweetly and playfully, but that didn't make the anxiety vanish as everyone in the class had their eyes on her. Fluttershy walked to the back of the class as the voice over the intercom asked for the moment of silence. She didn't even see a point of sitting down just to stand back up again for the anthem.

After the anthem, she sat down, anxiety making her stomach turn as her face burned. The teacher smiled at the class as she walked over to her computer, making the words 'Test today!' appear on the board. "Okay, we're having our test today," she said, picking up a stack of papers and passing them out to the front of the class to send to the back.

Fluttershy stared down at the words when she got it as she passed the other papers back. Her stomach turned and she ran her hand through her hair. She completely forgot she had a test, and she had no idea how! Her teacher had reminded her every day this week, and it was Friday, of course she'd have a test.

She supposed a week of focusing on her new draconequus buddy took it's toll. She had found him a week ago and wasted her entire weekend, especially her last Friday, on him. And when the week rolled around, she was so engrossed in whatever he was and whatever he could do she spent most of her afternoons in their little clearing.

She was happy she retained information well as the teacher went over the rules, saying things like they'd have the entire class period to work on it, no cheating, yada yada. Fluttershy smiled when some of the information looked familiar as she started working on it. One problem, other than her lack of studying and want to remember and think of all the lovely chaotic things Discord could do, was that Chemistry was one of her least favorite classes. She barely cared for what the teacher taught them.

She sighed, trying to convince herself that one bad grade couldn't ruin her average. Even if it was fifty percent of her grade. She gave up her complaints and started focusing on the test, realizing she only clearly remembered half of what the questions were about, which was all things they were taught recently. The other half were things from the earlier parts of the unit, things she obviously needed to study.

She was one of the first ones done, mostly due to her lack of even attempting half the questions, but she reread over it tons of times trying to see if constantly looking at the question would jog her memory. It did on one of them, but then class was almost over and the teacher was telling them they could stay behind if needed. She sighed, declaring that whatever she had, was all she was going to get as she stood up and walked to the teacher, turning in her test to the peppy lady.

She sat down and didn't think she had felt this bad about a test before. But she was happy about one thing, the fact that she could focus on her test and not Discord. It seemed that meeting a draconequus hadn't done her any better than not knowing what one was. She found her mind was wracked with thoughts of what Discord had done, what he was capable of, and all the things he'd told her about draconequui.

They could fly! The small wings on his back could actually hold his weight, though she reduced it down to an involuntary use of magic. And he could use his tail to grab things, it had more uses than just balance. Though, once again, she assumed the control of it was involuntary magic use, and she didn't even know if he needed it for balance.

She sighed as the bell rang, standing up and starting out of the classroom down the hall towards Botany. The small amount of time she had to wait before the bell rang and all she did was do the one thing she was proud she hadn't done during her test. She sat down in her Botany class, resting her head in her palm as she watched the teacher smile at her and the other students filing into the classroom.

As she stared lazily at the plant on the front counter, she thought of the lights Discord would make appear when the sun started setting. They were beautiful, crystalized, and pastel lights that decorated their forest, and even if they usually signaled that she'd have to leave soon, she always adored their beauty. It only furthered her idea that Discord was a beautiful and majestic creature that engaged in mischievous actions.

She shook her head and sat up straight with a puffed out chest. Botany was a class she was interested in, and she'd stay interested in it. She nodded her head as she recalled her half-hearted attention towards the labs they'd done this week. Their teacher held Friday's for lectures most often, meaning she had to pay attention. She declared that she wouldn't think of the majestic creature that had occupied her entire week at all during this class.

And she couldn't have been happier when it worked. She smiled her entire way to her next class, feeling on top of the world. Though, Discord slipped back to the front of her mind, wondering what they would possibly do this afternoon. Maybe she should tell him about her animal shelter and how she hasn't gone, and maybe they could create a schedule where she spent half her week at the shelter and the other half with him?

She didn't like it, her stomach dropped at the idea of sharing a week with Discord with anything else. And she didn't like the fact that she didn't like it either as she fought her way through the halls, smiling and waving at Pinkie Pie as she bounced past her towards the science hall.

She walked into her literature class with a strict teacher standing at the door with a straight line for a mouth. She sat down in her assigned seat in close quarters with the other two she was shoved between. She hated this class more than she hated her math class, which was a very hard thing to do.

The class was pure silence, guided notes, lectures, and 'open' discussion on whatever they were learning, and based on the board, today was grammar. She sunk in her seat as she pulled out her thick, full binder for this class, she was already annoyed and tempted to not pay attention. And with racing thoughts about her week with a draconequus, her strong will to learn lost the battle as she decided she'd write and not listen.

The teacher walked inside as the bell rang, already grabbing the pen for the board as she walked over to a small laptop. She looked over the classroom, asked who sat next to some random person, and finalized attendance. She stood in front of the board and changed to the next slide, beginning their lecture on commas as she announced they already had the sheet over it in their notebooks. She also said that whatever she was talking about would be on a test.

But that news didn't deter Fluttershy as she turned to the guided notes page they got earlier in the week. She sunk into her seat in content as she looked at the butterfly based bracelet she received recently. It made her recall a time this past week where they had learned their meetings had stopped at magical malfunction investigation and veterinarian work.


Fluttershy watched with a wide smile on her face as Discord made lions act as lion tamers and people act like the lions. The people looked unbearably worried and the lions looked more than delighted as they shoved a chair in the person's mouths. Fluttershy would've been worried, but Discord had assured her everything he created that was living, was mostly fabrications. She didn't linger on the mostly.

She didn't get a chance to compliment him on the show as it disappeared, a ring of butterflies appearing in it's place. Fluttershy felt her impossible smile grow even more impossible as she watched a dare-devil dressed and oversized bear ride a unicycle unsteadily over to the ramp leading up to the ring. Huge arrows pointing towards the end of the ramp lit up on it, the ramp growing up to the sky as the bear was shot upwards with new speed.

Fluttershy stood up, unable to sit on the edge of her seat any longer as she giggled up at the sky. She was a bit disappointed she couldn't see what the butterflies would do to the bear since they were so up high in the sky, but she was still interested. "Just wait, my dear," Discord cooed from behind her, snapping. Fluttershy felt her heart race in anticipation as she waited.

She gasped with a wide grin and delighted eyes as the butterfly ring dropped, the bear screeching as the ramp cut out a hole, the bear flying through that and being shot through the ring. Fluttershy laughed and clapped as the bear slowly and safely went through, landing on the short ramp that led to the ground on the other side. It cheered for itself before it looked back and saw a hoard of butterflies going after it.

It ran into the forest in fear as the butterflies chased, Fluttershy and Discord laughing at the show. Fluttershy turned to look up at the huge creature. "That was great, Discord," she said happily, putting her hands behind her back.

He bowed after snapping and appearing in a suit. "Why, thank you," he said, roses falling on him and burying him. Fluttershy giggled again as he snapped his way free of roses and suits. He sneered as he dusted a rose off his shoulder, it screamed comically before it hit the ground and wilted. "I do wish my magic would return to normal, it seemed to be getting better, but now it's at a halt," he pouted.

Fluttershy looked up worriedly at him. "I wish I knew about magical creatures, maybe then I could help you more," she said, hiding in her shoulders as she looked away with upturned eyebrows. Discord had always done so much to entertain her and complied to her idiotic questions about what he was, and all she seemed to do was disappoint.

A talon ruffled her hair and she looked up and saw a rabbit coming up in the empty hole where his talon used to be. He smiled nervously before turning to the rabbit with an annoyed stare as he shoved the whimpering creature back down, a talon successfully coming up in it's place. He laughed nervously before clearing his throat. "Don't worry, Fluttershy. You solved the question of my inability to fix my wound, you've helped plenty," he said, snapping and making the chart they made a few days ago appear. It looked the exact same.

Fluttershy's head hung, the talon vanishing from her hair. She heard a snap and felt that same talon on her shoulder. She glanced up and saw he was standing over her. "What's wrong?" He asked seriously.

She felt her face burn as she looked back down again, feeling a lump in her throat as she considered mentioning it. She decided it wouldn't help to not talk about it. "I just... you seem to be keeping your end of the deal. My part seems pointless for me since I don't know anything about magical creatures or why magic in a constant magic reaction would mess up, or why--" She stopped when a fish appeared in front of her, shushing her with a fin over it's mouth.

It vanished as Discord spoke. "That's nothing to worry about, dear. Like I've said, you've helped plenty," he said nonchalantly, not expecting her to throw his talon off of her shoulder and walk away from him. "Fluttershy?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as she turned back to him with an even more upset expression.

She grabbed her arm and looked away from him. "I figured out why you're magic can't heal you, not what's doing it," she said sadly, letting her hair fall in her face. "And you're cut's healing just fine, there's not much of a point for me to be here."

As his thoughts ran for a way to fix her sadness, she spoke up. "I just feel like a bad friend. That's all," she said sadly, not expecting to hear a snap and see Discord's face in front of hers.

"We're... friends?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows. She didn't dare take a step back as she nodded, feeling like this was the longest she'd ever stared into his yellow and red eyes. He snapped and appeared a few feet away from her, holding his chin in thought. He noticed her confused stare and sighed. "I don't think I've really ever had a friend before," he admitted.

Fluttershy gasped. "Really?" She asked with wide eyes, when he nodded she desperately wished she could teleport like him, but noticed she'd have to suck it up. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his thin figure that was still huge. She ignored her cheeks burning in embarrassment as she furrowed her eyebrows. "That's horrible."

She let go of him and stared up at him, seeing his wide, possibly scared eyes. She bit the inside of her cheek as she forced herself to stare up at him, and act as seriously determined as she hoped too, though she knew her anxiety had to step in at least a little. "Well, I'm not going to let that be anymore," she said with a nod. "You're my friend, officially," she continued, holding out her hand and softening her features into a smile.

"So I'm your first friend," she said sweetly, her hard, serious exterior falling to let him see the sweet and kind one he had always seen. Her smile deepened as he reluctantly reached out and shook her hand. "Now you don't have to say you don't have friends anymore."

Discord's reluctant and cautious stare fell as he grinned, snapping and making Fluttershy appear in his arms, though she still had to look up at him despite her new height. "Then it seems you do serve a purpose here," he said smugly.

He smiled at her confused look and snapped, making a bracelet made of real butterflies wrap around her wrist, all of them significantly smaller that what they'd usually be. "Being my first friend, the job's pretty strict, are you sure you're up to the task?" He asked her amazed smile.

Fluttershy giggled at his theatrics and the butterflies tickling his wrist. "Thank you for the opportunity, sir," she played along with his little job interview act. "Though I have one request?" She asked, watching the butterflies on her wrist.

"That is?" He asked, snapping and making her appear in front of him on the ground, assuming that might be her nervous self's wish. He raised an eyebrow as she held up her wrist.

"Could you make these fake? I think it'd be a beautiful bracelet," she smiled sweetly, hoping he'd agree and let her keep the token of their friendship. He grinned and nodded, snapping and she watched as the bracelets fossilized into pastel stones, some of the butterflies wings flapping randomly and occasionally. She smiled wider, loving the extra chaotic, not expected aspect.

She smirked at an idea and peered up at him, tucking her hands behind her back and taking slow, long strides past him as she spoke. "Maybe if you use your magic more... it'll start acting normally again," she said, grinning up at his intrigued grin as his eyes followed her.

"Are you sure you just don't want to see more of my lovely chaos?" He asked, chuckling when she gasped with a hand to her chest as if she was offended.

"I'd never!" She said with a huff, turning away, though once he couldn't see her, she smiled widely. "It's for science." She opened her eyes and laughed as she saw his clearly unconvinced and disembodied face in front of her.

"Oh really?" He asked, his body appearing next to him running about and tapping it's empty neck. Discord sneered as a disembodied talon grabbed his body, a disembodied paw grabbing his head and connecting the two. Fluttershy laughed and clapped, feeling a butterfly flap it's wing against her skin.

Author's Note:

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who had read and commented so far <3 It really encourages me to write more and such so yeah, thanks again and I hope you enjoyed