• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 2,593 Views, 39 Comments

The Tale of Quake the Fenrir - Jolly Quake



A mythological beast is the only thing that can bring stability to a collapsing world

  • ...
5
 39
 2,593

Prologue: Well... there goes one life

Come children it's time to start,
the story of a man whose life was ripped apart.
From a foreign world he came to fight
to banish evil from the light.
His body was morphed into a mighty beast
and day by day his strength increased.

The beast and a god had a mighty duel
to see which one could possess the jewel.
With the god slain, the beast had to disappear.
Listen to the tale of Quake the Fenrir.

-Jolly Quake

*_*_*

“Tomorrow seems so far away” I sang happily, as I padded down the stairs. Tomorrow was the day; I finally was going to graduate in the field of biology. I always had a thing for plants, animals well..anything organic. I don't know, it just clicked me the right way. Just imagining the feeling of discovering a new plant or creature just makes me giggle like a small girl, though of course don’t tell anyone I said that. Everything was set, so I might as well take a breather today for I am feeling very stressed.

I ambled towards the study room, hoping I could find a certain book. As you expected the study room had books...plethora of them, well what do you expect from a having a father as a librarian. It was probably because of that why I fancied reading a lot and hence why I got A+ grades ….ok fine you got me, though I read a lot, I’m still a lazy bum so I got B- grades, but I still passed decently right? Anyways where was I? Oh right, books. I searched around pulling out books in hope to find this specific book; it was a book about mythological creatures. I always found it intriguing. I mean who wouldn’t wish to uncover a dragon or a harpy? Just think of the amount of fame you would get.

“Oh bummers” I sighed sadly. “Looks like Dad took it to the library.”

It seemed my father took a liking to the book too. I don't blame him; it contained a lot of unique facts and was signed by a well recognized author hence he had to yank it off Ebay at a hefty price. Oh well, might as well pay him a visit. I went to the kitchen to pick up the house keys, then checked around my abode to see if all windows were shut tightly, we can't have any thieves stealing anything precious can we? After putting on a raincoat and locking the door, I proceeded to walk to the Library which was like seven blocks away. Meh, might as well get some exercise. The day was very damp; the thunder clouds were starting to form as they swirled in the colorless sky. I passed the corner shop and noticed it was packed with people, probably escaping the incoming rain, heh..they’re scared of a little rain.

Three blocks down, and the wind was starting to pick up heavily. This didn’t seem normal, there was now a warning on the weather channel about a big storm. Aww whatever, the library ain't so far away now. I shrugged in my jacked as the rain started pouring down. It was very chilly; it felt like it went right through my coat, another weird thing today. ‘Better pick up the pace’ I thought and started taking faster, bigger steps, covering distance twofold.

Five blocks down, so close now. I think I can see the top of the library protruding from behind some apartments, yep it was no doubt. While I was gazing at the pike on the library, I accidently bumped into a rather slim, hooded man.

“Oh, please excuse me” I apologized, but something didn’t feel right about this guy. I couldn’t see his face in the hood; it was like a black hole that went on forever. The mysterious dude just stared at me, I think? I don’t know since I couldn't see his face, I assumed he was, before he continued to walk down the path. “I take that as an apology denied then” I mumbled as I turned back down the pathway.

The storm was insane, the rain was dropping like hail and the trees were swaying so tough I thought it was a hurricane, but a hurricane in the UK? I was now dashing my way to the library, it was seriously getting dangerous outside, I should have noticed when I didn’t see a living soul in the whole street. But something inside was pestering me, the storm only got this violent after my awkward bump with that guy...nah that ridiculous a person can’t have that weather manipulation powers, that's something you see in cartoons. The library was now in sight.

“Bout time, hope dad has a towel, the water is breaking through this lame coat” I grunted as the winds threatened to pick me up and throw me across the continent. “Well at least tomorrow I’m gradu--ARRGH” An uncontrollable amount of pain, tore through my back and zagged through my body. I felt myself vibrate intensely as my vision began to fade. I felt my skin burning, it was like leaving your hand in a saucepan filled with sizzling oil. My heart was thumping wildly and I felt...like crapping my pants, for real no joke.

The last thing I saw was the hooded man from before?! A evil grin emerged from the darkness of the hoodie as he prowled towards me before crouching down and whispering in my faltering ears.

“You will be a great addition to my chaotic arsenal.”