• Published 25th Feb 2019
  • 1,525 Views, 21 Comments

Love At First Summer Camp - pandaxxus



Soarin and his cousin Fleetfoot return to their favorite summer camp for their usual year of fun. However, this time Soarin meets someone that may change everything...

  • ...
2
 21
 1,525

The Storm Begins

“S-Soarin?”

“Hey, Dash…”

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. In front of me was Soarin, crouching behind one of the bushes not too far from where Fluttershy and I had talked. His green eyes were filled with fear and guilt, and his mouth hung open. Did he hear us? Did he spy on me?

I remember seeing him when that Thunderlane guy showed up. Was he the one who sent him over? My heart sunk a little. I didn’t know why I was so hurt behind this. I never can get too close with anyone anymore, they always let me down. I couldn’t believe that I actually started to want to be friends with this jerk.

I was already pretty upset from beforehand. When Thunderlane came up and started flirting with me, I froze up. He came in way too strong for me, and it caught me off guard. Before the summer ended, I broke up with this guy I had been dating for a while, his name was Hunter Sprint. We were just friends at first, but soon, I couldn’t help but fall for him. He had peach colored skin and bright, electric blue hair. His eyes were a blazing orange, and his smile could make my heart swell.

I, being the awesome person I was, eventually got him to fall for me and we began dating. At this point, I have failed numerous times in relationships, but with Hunter, there was something in me that felt as if things were going to be different. In my eyes, there was nothing wrong with him at all, and I was blind to the obvious red flags. Hunter never seemed to have time for me outside of school. Whenever I asked him out on the weekends, he said he was busy. However, in school, he never left my side.

I believed him at first because I thought he was a genuine, hardworking, dedicated person. I never noticed how much he bragged about me to his friends. Well, I did, but at the time I thought he was just being kind. Months passed and I thought that things were getting even better. I was dumb and stupid.

Five months into our relationship, Hunter’s birthday came around. It was on a Saturday and I asked him if he wanted me to go over to his house so that we could celebrate. He ended up giving me the normal “busy” excuse, but I had other things planned. I had bought a small cake and wanted to surprise him. I knew that on the weekends, he would tell me that he would help clean up the local park, so I made my way over there.

When I got to the park, I saw Hunter surrounded by all of his friends. He didn’t seem to be cleaning anything, and I heard him laughing as he spoke to his friends.

Honestly, she is so annoying, she literally just asked to hang out like twenty minutes ago.”

“Can’t she see I’m using her?”

“Dash is not only one of the hottest girls in school, she knows how to play every sport. She makes me look good in front of everyone.”

“Not only that, I might have a better chance getting sports scholarships in college with her around.”

“I think she actually loves me...she’s so stupid.”

“I can’t wait to see her face when she realizes that I don’t give a-”

I ended up throwing my cake into his face after hearing what he said. I felt humiliated, dumb, and hurt. I should have known, to be honest, I can’t trust anyone anymore. Was I the problem? After all of that, I felt low and insecure, but I never cried or showed that I was upset. I wasn’t going to let him see me upset, it was obvious what he wanted.

It’s been a month since I broke up with Hunter, and I’ll admit, it’s terrible. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this bad after any break-up. Obviously, I can’t show it. I don’t need to ruin my image over something small like this, no matter how much I want to just let everything out. Even when I’m alone, and I know that no one could see me, I try and keep it together. However, even though I still feel messed up inside, I’ll admit I am way better than before, during the first week of the breakup.

Just a few days after the breakup, I felt really bad about myself. I felt like I wasn’t good enough for anyone. I stayed away from my friends and family, and whenever they did try and talk to me, I snapped at them like they did something wrong. It took about a week of me feeling terrible about myself to realize that I was still the same awesome, amazing, talented, person that I always had been. I realized that it wasn’t anyone else’s fault for the break up except for mine. I should have seen all of the red flags beforehand.

I’m still beating myself up about it, but this camp seemed to take my mind off of it. That was until Thunderlane came along and messed with my head. Now, I’m finding out that Soarin isn’t who I thought he was either!

“How long have you been here?” I narrowed my eyes, looking at Soarin in disbelief.

“Uh…” was all he said. His cheeks were red with embarrassment, and he avoided looking at me.

I let out a bitter laugh. I only knew this guy for a day. Why did I feel so hurt by this?

“You know what? Nevermind…” I glared at him and turned around to walk away, still angry.

All I wanted to do was go back into the cabin and sleep everything off. I know that’s not the way to deal with things, but to be honest, that’s all I really want right now. It’ll help me escape everything. I tried walking away towards the cabins, but I didn’t get very far.

“Wait, Rainbow.” I heard Soarin call me, and soon his hand was wrapped around my wrist.

Rolling my eyes, I turned around.

“What.?” I hissed harshly. I honestly, really didn’t want to talk to him, or even see him for that matter.

I saw him recoil a bit and he looked hurt. I didn’t care.

“Rainbow, are you okay?” Soarin asked me, still holding onto me.

“If I say yes then will you leave?”

“Rainbow…”

“Soarin, why are you here?!” I snapped finally. I didn’t mean to, but he wouldn’t leave! I’ve always had a short temper and it didn’t take a lot to set me off. Now, I was angry, hurt, and annoyed.

“Seriously, what did you gain from all this? Are you really trying to spy on me so you can help your friend!? I’m not like any other girl you can just push around. I’m not stupid, I know what’s going on.” I yelled.

Soarin opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but he couldn’t. I didn’t want to yell at him like this, He did do something wrong, and I know now that I shouldn’t trust him, but even I think I was being too loud.

“Do I really look like I’m dumb?” I slowed down, suddenly realizing that I was just taking everything out on him. Everything that I had felt from the whole Hunter incident was just coming out of me.

He stayed silent, and I saw that he didn’t answer my question. I felt as if something had pierced through my stomach, and I didn’t know why.

“Wow…” I laughed bitterly, “Don’t come near me ever again...You clearly aren’t worth my time.” I snatched my hand away from him and walked away as fast as I could. My voice had cracked when I spoke those last few words and I felt my eyes sting a little. I wanted to leave as fast as I could just in case I did end up crying, but I was trying my best not to.

Eventually, I found Fluttershy, sitting down in front of our cabin door. She looked worried as she played with the ends of her hair. I guess that she had heard me coming because she looked up at me and immediately stood up.

“I thought you would have stayed back there for a little while longer,” she said softly.

“Yeah, me too,” I muttered weakly and walked past her, heading into the cabin.

“Dashie?” I heard her call out to me, but I was already on top of the bunk bed. I shut my eyes as my hands laid on top of my stomach. I heard Fluttershy open the door and walk over to me, but I didn’t open my eyes.

“Rainbow Dash, what happened?” Fluttershy asked sternly, I opened my eyes to find her teal orbs looking at me with worry. I clenched my jaw, scared that if I spoke I would start crying. I still didn’t know why Soarin upset me so much, but he did.

“I don’t want to talk about it…” I muttered, not looking down at Fluttershy.

“Rainbow, please,” Fluttershy whined.

Keeping my eyes closed, I finally seemed to be able to speak.

“Soarin,” I said simply.

“What about him?”

“He followed us and listened to every word.”

“At the tree?”

“Yep..” I sneered, not wanting to speak anymore.

All I knew was that Soarin and this Thunderlane guy were friends, I saw them talking with each other on the first day of camp. He probably only talked to me last night to give Thunderlane some information like a creep. That meant I was just being used again.

“Why would he spy on us like that?” Fluttershy asked weakly. I could tell she didn’t want to set me off.

“I guess to help Thunderlane make more moves on me..” I strained, looking down. I began to feel guilty for yelling at Soarin just a few minutes before.

He SPIED ON YOU! You have a right to be mad. He deserved everything he got.
Did he?


Stop confusing yourself. What he did was wrong.

I know but-

“Dashie?”

I looked over and saw Fluttershy looking at me, her eyes filled with worry.

“Yea?” I replied as cool as I could.

“What happened? What did you do?” she asked me, curious.

“I screamed at him, what else should I have done? I basically told him to stay away from me.”

“You don’t seem too happy about it..”

“Because”, I sighed, “I thought that we would become friends, I guess. I thought I would be able to trust him but I clearly can’t.”

Fluttershy grew silent and stared at me for just a few more seconds before she sighed.

“I’ll give you time to cool off,” she said, grabbing onto my hand, “But I’m here if you want to talk to me about anything, okay?”

I smiled a bit and squeezed Fluttershy’s hand.

“Of course. Let’s just forget this happened,” I said with a pained smile, “This is going to be the best summer ever.”

I hope….

Author's Note:

Tea~
Okay, I’m Back!!! I took a break from writing on this story because I lost motivation and I had NO CLUE where to take this story. I was debating whether or not I should put it on hiatus but I figured it was too early on this story to give up!

I will try and update regularly but if I slow down a bit its because I want to make this story as best as possible! I’m sorry for being gone so long!

As always, thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave your thoughts! :heart::yay: