• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 3,338 Views, 37 Comments

Twilight and Loki - cornholio4

  • ...
18
 37
 3,338

Chapter 5

sorry these chapters are short, also I am free for ideas!

I was at the moment unsure of what to tell the princess, granted I had told Twilight the truth since I had the feeling I could trust her. But Celestia was a ruler and I hate to think what would happen if she felt I was a danger to her kingdom. Oh well it would be safe not to tell the whole truth, after all the humans of Earth call me the God of Mischief and Lies for a reason.

Perhaps I will tell her the whole truth someday but for now.....

“Well you see” I started to explain “I come from Asgard a kingdom in the cloud where magic and what some may call science are one and the same!”

The princess nodded, I guess gesturing me to continue.

“Well it is a part of the Nine Realms” I explained, after seeing the confused look on the princess’s face I continued “basically nine worlds that are connected like a tree, my home Asgard is ruled by my father Odin All-Father!”

I then looked down, the thoughts that appeared in my mind after mentioning father. Twilight said to the Princess “he told me that his father adopted him and didn’t tell him about his true heritage until recently and Loki didn’t take it very well when he found out!”

I sent a glare to Twilight as I wasn’t planning on revealing that bit of information but after looking at her face my glare faltered, I just couldn’t stay mad at that creature.

“Don’t worry Loki” the princess reassured “I’m sure your father and the rest of your family misses you!”

Thinking about it she was probably correct, I got the feeling father did care for me (even though he did admit at first he took me to try and broker an alliance between the Asgardians and the Frost Giants), mother who helped me cope when father fell into Odinsleep and my brother Thor who showed anguish when I willingly fell into the vortex despite everything I had done to him in the previous week.

“I bet they do” I said, keeping a smile on my face.

“Can I ask how you are finding Equestria Loki” the princess then asked, I then thought for a second.

“It’s fine despite some of the inhabitants are absolutely CRAZY!” I said ignoring the glare Twilight was giving me.

“I’m sure you will get used to them” the Princess chuckled, apparently taking it well that I had just insulted the subjects in her kingdom and had called them crazy.

“I doubt I will” I then muttered, I wasn’t even used to my brother or our ‘friends’.

Sometime later the Princess let us go. Shining Armour gave me the eye as me and Twilight went back to our carriage, I didn’t think I had seen the last of him yet.

The next day I was at Sugarcube Corner a confectionary run by Pinkie Pie’s landlords the Cake Family (at this point the names stopped surprising me). I was with Twilight and her friends explain about this adventure I once had with Thor.

“So you managed to trick the beasts long enough for both of you to escape?” asked Twilight and I nodded, she seemed to like my stories as did the others.

“Yes I did though that would not be the version Thor would have given” I had told them “he probably would have spun some fairy tale about him smiting hundreds of them at once, until they surrendered for fear of their pathetic lives!”

They pretty much bursted into laughing like that, and then I spotted Shining Armour entering with a pink pony that had wings, a horn, a golden tiara, necklace and dark pink mane with white highlights.

“Hello again Twilight’s warrior brother” I said, Shining Armour giving me another one of those glares (I actually had a hard time picturing him without a glare on)

“This is my wife Cadence” Shining said pointing to the pink pony, a princess marrying the Captain of the Royal Guard? Not the weirdest thing I have heard on Equestria, I must admit.

Twilight then went to Cadence and they started doing a dance consisting of stamping onto the ground, covering their eyes for a second, clapping their hooves and shaking their flanks while singing a song that went “sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little shake!”

I sat there wondering just what on Asgard did I just see, I coughed to get their attention. “Loki, Cadence was my foalsitter when I was younger and that was our secret handshake!” Twilight explained, well me and Thor had a secret handshake as well: consisting of us pretending to fight eachother in battle.

“Cadence, this is my new friend Loki Odinson” said Twilight as Cadence smiled at me, as hours went by there was much tension.

We were drinking these mugs of cider and I thought of something, “This is what Thor liked to do” I told them, I then took the empty mug and threw it to the ground shattering it shouting “ANOTHER!!!”

They pretty much laughed at that, well maybe not Mr & Mrs Cake who was looking but I’ll find a way to pay for a replacement mug.

Soon we heard the weather going nuts, we looked outside and saw the clouds were forming a storm. “How can this be?” asked Rainbow Dash “there isn’t a Pegasus in the sky and we aren’t due for a storm!”

Yeah Pegasuses could control the weather in Equestria, I stood there shaking knowing what could be causing this.

“Scared of a little lightning?” asked Shining facing me, I shook my head.

“I’m not overly fond of what follows” I explained, the saw glimpses of a figure coming out of the clouds and Rainbow Dash flew towards it, probably intending to fight the figure.

For her troubles Dash was sent to the ground, hit by a familiar looking hammer, the Hammer then flew on it’s own to the figure who then landed on the ground.

The storm stopped and standing there in all his glory was my dear big brother Thor.