• Published 13th Mar 2021
  • 535 Views, 12 Comments

Relatives of a Magic Stealer - Creativa-Artly01



Winter Lotus and Sugar Stix are sisters. You know who else is her sister, the one their mom said went insane, Cozy Glow.

  • ...
1
 12
 535

Chapter 1

“Breaking News:” Lotus and Sugar Stix read in the newspaper, “Cozy Glow frozen in Stone with Tirek and Chrysalis after Final Battle”.

“That’s not good,” sighs Lotus, “what if the news ever gets out that we’re related to that magic stealing filly.” Lotus lets out a huff. “That power crazed Pegasus sister mom always warned us about before she was murdered by that very same foal of hers.”

“Yeah,” agrees Sugar Stix, “mom did call her insane. She was right.”

Meanwhile, outside, the sister’s hear the cheering calls of ponies as the mane six are paraded outside their doors. Elsewhere, however, they hear murmurs and rumors going on about them. Over the following weeks, they don’t go to classes either. Winter Lotus doesn’t go to classes at Pony U and Sugar Stix skips class at the Ponyville Elementary School to the point she has Ms. Cheerilee worried.

After school ends that day, Cheerilee comes by the sisters’ house and knocks on their door. Their adoptive mom, Melody Rain gladly lets Cheerilee in. “What’s wrong?” Asks Melody concerned.

“Why is Sugar Stix skipping my class?” Asks Cheerilee. “She hasn’t been in class for four weeks now. I’m worried about her.”

“Well, it’s a long story, that I barely know all the answers to myself,” responds Melody Rain. “All I know is their mom was murdered when they were younger, I adopted them not long after that. I have heard that Lotus flunked out of college this week too, I’m worried about both of them. They won’t tell me anything. They’ve been acting funny ever since these Cozy Glow headlines started dropping in the newspaper three weeks ago though. That makes me think they are hiding something about their family and past from me sometimes. It may be superstition or it may be truth, I don’t know.”

“Well, can I come in?” Asks Cheerilee.

“Oh that,” responds Melody Rain, “sure.” Cheerilee follows her inside and the two sit down to tea. There, they talk over Sugar Stix and even Lotus.

“If she’d prefer, we can do classes after school hours for Sugar’s schooling.”

“That would be grand,” responds Melody. “I just want her to succeed. I’ll let her know about this later.”

Cheerilee nods, thanks Melody for the tea, then leaves for a doctor’s appointment before heading off to Friday night quilting at Sweet Apple Acres. Meanwhile at the house, Melody tells the plan she made with Cheerilee to Sugar Stix and Sugar Stix agrees. The two then go downstairs to dinner with Winter Lotus who is back from Pony U. Needless to say, Melody isn’t pleased with her dropout adoptive daughter.